Night at the Museum

By MonaLisa_Not_DaVinci

basically the movies but if y/n was in it I do not own night at the museum in any way shape or form (currentl... More

Part 1: Just an ordinary guy
Part 2: The First Night
Part 3: The Morning After
Part 4: Night 2
Part 5: Fired?
Part 6: Something's off...
Part 7: Getting the Table Back pt 1
Part 8: Getting the Tablet Back pt 2
Part 9: A Great Man (the end)
Battle of the Smithsonian, Part 1: The Final Night...
Battle of the Smithsonian, Part 2: The Call
Battle of the Smithsonian part 3: Archives
Battle of the Smithsonian, part 4: Found Them
Battle of the Smithsonian, Part 5: We're In It Now
Battle of the Smithsonian, part 6: Followed
Battle of the Smithsonian, part 7: Could This Get Worse?
Battle Of The Smithsonain, Part 8: You Got This.
Battle of the Smithsonian, part 9: You Got This pt2.
Battle of the Smithsonian, part 10: It's The End, Pal.
BOTS, Chapter 11: the greatest battle the world may ever know
Battle of the Smithsonian, part 12: Stick With What You Love (THE END)
Secret of the Tomb, Part 1 (PROLOGUE INCLUDED): The Tablet's Malfunction
Secret of the Tomb, part 2: What Happened?!
Secret of the Tomb, part 3: the Expidition
Secret of the Tomb, part 5: Nocturnal Knight
Secret of the Tomb, part 6: Iiepwop
A/N (please read, or don't)
Secret of the Tomb, part 7: The Backstory of the Tablet
Secret of the Tomb, part 8: Malicious Lancelot
Secret of the Tomb, part 9: No Camelot
A/N
another A/N
ANOTHER another A/N
Secret of the Tomb, part 10: But We're Not Ready.
Secret of the Tomb, part 11: It Doesn't Matter if We're Not Ready.
Secret of the Tomb, Part 12: Epilogue

Secret of the Tomb, part 4: Making it Inside

92 2 22
By MonaLisa_Not_DaVinci

A couple days later, they were in London. (a/n: I've been to London before so it was very exciting learning that natm3 takes place in London. okay sorry back to the story lol)

"You know, I really could have stayed by myself in New York" Nicky said, leaning on a rail that blocked the walkway from a river.

"Yeah, no, that wasn't gonna happen," Larry replied, "Beautiful, huh?" "Yeah," Nicky said, "River Thames, right?" "I think so," Y/n responded.

"Isn't this great, guys? Us three in London? Huh?" Larry asked, the three starting to walk. "Yeah," Nicky answered. "I was here, around 10 months ago, I was making a deal with one of the biggest of England's deal makers for things like the stuff I make. It was cool I guess, but I didn't exactly get to do anything." Y/n commented. "Well, I don't think we're gonna do anything much here, other than go to the British museum, maybe eat some fish and chips, but that's about it." Larry added.

"Oh, Nicky, I've been thinking about that, uh, year off," Larry said to Nicky, "I think it could be cool." He smiled.

"Yeah?" Nicky asked. "Yeah!" Larry answered, "What are you thinking?"

"Yeah, uh, wow... I think I wanna DJ jn Ibiza." Nicky explained. "In Ibiza?" Y/n asked. "Ibiza, it's a small island off the coast of Spain-"

"Do you speak spanish?" Larry cut in.

"No, but that's the beautiful thing, it's about the music! It's not inhibited by the language barriers-"

"Yeah, but you are."

"Dad, why are you freaking out? You just said this was a cool idea."

"I'm not freaking out! I just wanna understand the plan here."

"You didn't go to college."

"Wait, now we're talking about not going to college at all?" Larry asked. "...Maybe, I dunno-"

"Nicky. Nicky, that's not-"

"Dad, you didn't go to college and you turned out fine!" Nicky said. "I turned out okay after about twenty years in a lot of dead ends." Larry explained.

"Okay, so Y/n turned out fine!"

"Well, I turned out fine, but you're forgetting that I still had to go to college for four years to become the actual CEO of the company, even if it was a pain in the ass. Someone else was in my place for the time being." Y/n explained.

"Whatever, man! Don't worry about me, It's fine." Nicky sighed.

"Hey, we'll always worry about you. We're your family." Larry said, putting his hand on Nicky's back. Nicky shrugged it off. "We should get going, It's getting dark." Y/n said.

~~god damn how many of these have there been~~

Larry drove up to the British Museum, phone in hand, and Nicky crammed down the passenger seat. "Where's Y/n?" Nicky whispered. "The back, they're hiding, don't worry. They're on the other line." Larry whispered back, making at stop.

"Hello, welcome to the British museum! My name's Tilly." Tilly, the night guard said. "Hi, thank you. I'm Larry Daley from Natural History, New York, just real quick." Larry put his finger up to talk. "Okay, I gotta go." he said, "Alright, call me back once you're finished with what you're doing." Y/n tried to be unrecognizable, but failed. Tilly gave a surprised expression.

"Is that Y/n Daley on the other line?" She asked, "Oh, you guys are Daley! Daley Devices!" Larry and Y/n both paused. "Yup, that's me!" Y/n said. Larry then put his phone on speaker, "Hii."

"Hi, (Mr/Ms/Mx) Daley! Big fan of your electric ice cream scooper and electric pizza cutter!" Tilly leaned into the phone so she could be heard better. "Great, thank you!" Y/n said, covering up the nervousness of getting caught being in the back of the truck. "Okay, Ima let you go, now." Tilly leaned back, "Bye-bye, Y/n!" she finished. Larry then hung the phone up and set it down.

"All right, I got a delivery, for your conservation department."

"...Do they allow you to travel?" Tilly asked. "Well, this is kind of unusual," Larry answered. "They let me travel. You know where?" Tilly asked. "Where?" "Home. Here. Home. Back here. Off to the toot-toot, five minute maximum." Tilly scoffed. Larry forced a chuckle so it wasn't awkward.

"So, it must be well wicked being a security guard in America. With a gun, with a silencer, with your ninja swords," Tilly assumed, pretending to pull out swords and slashing them. "That's not even a little bit true." Larry chuckled, shaking his head. "The only thing that I got..." Tilly said, grabbing a hammer, "was this." She made a face, "Hammer! It's for, and I quote, 'minor repairs and beautifications' to the shack." she then started hitting at it satirely. "Oh.. You just hit things?" Larry asked. Tilly then made a beat, "Kinda catchy,"

"Basically worthless." Tilly sighed, putting the hammer down. "I can't believe we're actually still talking," Larry tried to disengage from the conversation.

"It's great though, innit? This is the most conversation I've had in like the three years that I've worked here!" Tilly commented. "I feel a connection, too. Is it okay if I just make my drop?" Larry said, now kinda getting desperate to get inside.

"Oh, yeah!"

"Wondeful."

"But I will have to confirm."

"....Okay, actually, that's not necessary, because they've confirmed on the slip I gave you." Larry uttered

"Yeah, all right, confirming."

ring...

"Hello, this is Dr. McPhee," McPhee said on the other line." "Hi, it's the British Museum, sir. I'm just confirming a delivery to our conservation department." Tilly asked.

"Yes, I signed the paperwork, now if you'll excuse me, I have a museum to run. You, boy, get those grubby fingers off my Ming vase! See? Bye!" McPhee hung up. Tilly then walked back to Larry.

"You is legit."

"I is legit. Wonderful. Thank you."

"Confirm it! aha, all right, I'll open the gate."

Tilly opened the back of the car, and Larry's heart dropped, only to find that Y/n wasn't there, or so he thought. As Tilly went on to help with the box, she noticed a big other one. "What's that box for?" she asked. Y/n, inside the box, panicked a little. Larry managed to utter an excuse. "Oh, It's uh.. Just something we got back from another museum." He shook his head, and helped Tilly with the box she was holding.

Larry then got into the car and 'drove off'. "Bye, Larry!" Tilly waved. He really only went around in a circle. Larry and Nicky got out of the car and helped Y/n out of the box, before carefully going inside.

"I'm not an expert, but this is feeling, just really against the law." Nicky almost whispered as Larry waited for Ahkmenrah to open the door. "No, they have a totally different legal system here." Larry responded, as Ahkmenrah opened the door. The three then went inside. "So how we doing?" Larry asked. "All clear." Ahkmenrah answered. "All right, let's get going." Larry said, taking his coat off as he was walking. Y/n and Nicky did the same. "The others felt, perhaps, we could use some help."

"Others?"

"Daleys! I couldn't sit idly by, our very survival is at stake!" Teddy hopped up from out of the box.

"Alright. Good!" Larry said. "Hey, Ted." Y/n waved a bit. "Good man to have in a crisis." Larry added. Atilla then jumped from out of the box, spitting packaging peanuts out of his mouth.

"Atilla. Okay, a little muscle-"

Sacagawea then stood up, "Hi, guys."

"Wow that box is huge than I thought." Y/n muttered. "Right?" Larry responded.

"Obviously, we came along, too!" Octavius said as he and Jedediah stood up, on Atilla's hat.

"Yooo!" Y/n hollered quietly, before walking up to Atilla. Atilla ducked down a bit, as Y/n put their index finger out. "You know you'd be lost without us, Gigantors!" Jed chuckled as he and Octavius then fist bumped Y/n's finger. They then stepped back and Atilla stood upright. "Are you serious?" Larry looked at Ahk. Dexter then popped out, chittered and smiling.

"And the monkey. All right, so basically everyone." Larry said. Laaa then jumped out, and screeched. "Dada!" he smiled.

"No. NO possible benefit whatsoever." Larry put his hand up, gesturing at Laaa.

"But he really wanted to come." Ahkmenrah looked at Larry. Laaa then noticed Nicky.

"...Yeah, this is my son. My actual son, Nicky. Nicky, this is Laaa." Larry introduced the two to each other, as Laaa gave looks at Nicky.

"He's just tracking me." Nicky whispered. Laaa mocked him.

"Laaa." Larry pointed at him.

"So, Lawrence, what's the plan of attack?" Teddy asked, getting out of the box. "Okay, uh, we need to get to the Egyptian wing, find Ahk's father, and hopefully get the tablet fixed." Larry explained. Laaa then noticed how fluffy the packaging peanuts were, and fell face first into them. Larry walked to the box to see Laaa eating the peanuts. "Laaa, that's not food, don't- You know what? I got a job for you. Come on, come on." Larry walked over to one of the walls. Laaa then got up from the box, looked at Nicky, and shoulder bumped him.

After a few minutes of Larry struggling to get Laaa to stay in one place (I'm not writing all that out lmaoo 😭), Larry pat Laaa's back and walked away.

"Okay, listen up, guys," Larry got his flashlight out, "This place is waking up for the first time, and we have no idea what's out there, so stay together, all right?" Everyone then started walking out of the department and into the museum.

BONUS FOR MAH MALE READERS!!:

"But he really wanted to come." Ahkmenrah looked at Larry. Laaa then noticed Nicky.

"...Yeah, this is my son. My actual son, Nicky. Nicky, this is Laaa." Larry introduced the two to each other, as Laaa gave looks at Nicky.

"He's just tracking me." Nicky whispered. Laaa mocked him.

"Laaa." Larry pointed.

~timeskip 30 seconds~

Laaa then got up from the box, looked at Nicky, and shoulder bumped him. Nicky then turned to Y/n

"Why doesn't he find you to be a threat?" Nicky whined. Y/n shrugged, "I dunno, I met him the same time that Dad did, maybe that had to do with it." They chuckled at the situation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 17 19
Kahmunrah will stop at nothing at protecting Ahkmenrah, even if that means protecting him from family. An enemy comes up from the brother's past. Why...
97.1K 1.2K 42
Raylen and Ddots story ...
178K 3K 50
These are one-shots and preferences from the movie trilogy, Night At The Museum (pretty much all --x fem!reader--). Requests are closed, thank you...
68.8K 1.9K 16
[Takes place during Secret of the Tomb] Emma Daley had been working alongside her father as a night guard at the Museum of Natural History for a good...