Survive The New Life As The V...

By EvilzD_Witch

Marien was a rich business woman who loved to spent her precious life reading a novel. She was a kind-hearted... More

Chapter 1 : Dead
Chapter 2 : Recreated
Chapter 3 : Plan of Survival
Chapter 4 : Effort
Chapter 5 : Promise
Chapter 6 : Invitation
Chapter 7 : My first tea party
Chapter 8 : Protect
Chapter 9 : Dinner
Chapter 10 : The royal party
Chapter 11 : The cold-hearted queen
Chapter 12 : Unknown boy
Chapter 13 : The Blessing
Chapter 14 : The Temple is Hell ( Part 1 )
Chapter 15 : The Temple is Hell ( Part 2 )
Chapter 16 : I'm lost?!
Chapter 17: The First Meeting with the Leader of Magic Tower
Chapter 18 : Level up
Chapter 19 : Close Friend or a Lover?
Chapter 20 : Worlyn Invitation
Chapter 21 : Annoying Little Girl
Chapter 22 : The Black Figure
Chapter 23 : The History
Chapter 24 : Unpleasant Night
Chapter 25 : Trust
Chapter 26 : Tragedy
Chapter 27 : The Head Maid
Chapter 28 : Bloody Night
Chapter 29 : Tranquility
Chapter 30 : The Begining
Chapter 31 : Commotion
Chapter 32 : Pity
Chapter 33 : Consent Decision
Chapter 34 : Little Brother
Chapter 35 : Meeting the Ruthless General
Chapter 37 : The Statue
⚠️ PLEASE READ THIS ⚠️

Chapter 36 : Engagement Ceremony

989 37 4
By EvilzD_Witch

"My lady, are you sure you want to go that horrible ceremony after what happened?", Fischel asked while braided my hair into a halo headband.

I know she concerned about me although she know that what I am doing was for the best.

"Yes, I want them to know that I am not that weak as a noblewoman", I smirked.

The engagement ceremony of prince Aether and lady Pilnolphe is early than I expected. It supposed to be held during spring season but I felt like the prince want to make it quickly so no one will be in his way.

By the way, I have my freedom and I also doesn't need to study to became a future empress. I don't plan to be an empress because that would be hard for me. I'm not an autocratic.

"Lady Kellen, the carriage is here", Sebastian came to the room.

"Thank you, Sebastian. Tell father and my little brother not to worry about me. This is my decision", I stand up.

"Sure, my lady", He nodded.

I left the mansion after I finished my preparation. All the servants look pity in me especially Tonia and Michaela.

They worry too much....

I arrived at the palace only for 1 hours since there's a lot of noble get invited in this memorial ceremony. I exited the carriage with a confident expression I can make. I can heard they start murmured.

Here we go...

I walked inside the palace and quickly make my way to the ballroom.

Almost everybody are here.....

"Lady Kellen! I surprised you here", A familiar voice called my name.

"Lady Villena, you look stunning today. I adore your new gown", I complimented her just to change the topic.

"Oh, thank you. Wait.... Don't you dare change the topic!", She warned me.

"Hahaha.... Came on, I am saying the truth", I laughed awkwardly.

"I know that but what you doing here? I thought you wouldn't came", Lady Villena asked.

"You see. As a noblewoman, I can't let them show my weakness", I smiled.

"You do have a point but you know that everyone were talking about you now", She whispered.

"Ah... Really? I'm flattered", I chuckled.

"Huh... You always like attention. Didn't you, lady Kellen", Another familiar voice spoke behind us.

We both turn around and to our surprise it's Damien who talking.

"Looks like the great knight of this empire is here", Lady Villena scoffed.

"Why you both hate me that much?", Damien felt offended.

"You think I don't know what you done to the young master of Mellifluous family?", Lady Villena glared at him.

"It's the past. Don't remain it", He glared at her back.

Gosh... Did they forget my existence already?

"Damien, I don't know you like to argue with such beautiful woman", A manly voice spoke.

We looked at the direction at the same time and there's him, the third male lead.

"You.... The shiny idiotic prince....", Damien look annoyed.

"Aww.... Why don't you came up with a better nickname, you devil", He smiled.

Vincent Walt Herculean, the third male lead. I wouldn't surprise he would be here and this is where he is going to fall to that girl.

"Oh! Lady Kellen, you also here. I thought you were crying at home", He smiled.

Lady Villena pissed by his word and she was about to talk back but I stop her.

"Duke Vincent, I'm not like the other girl who broke up with their boyfriend. Sometimes, woman can be so unpredictable", I sighed and cross my arms.

"You can tell me that", He smirked.

Why I felt like I want to punch his pretty face...

"By the way, it's look we in the center of the attention", Vincent sighed but he was proud of it.

What he said is true since we from the prominent family. Everyone was looking at us with excitement.

"Isn't that duke Vincent!? Oh my god, he look handsome", A noblewoman said.

"Duke Damien and lady Kellen also here! They both look stunning. I wonder if they were having a great conversation", Another noblewoman said.

"Wow, it's look like the three of you are famous", Lady Villena complimented.

"I guess if you in prominent family, you will easily get famous", I sighed.

"Is not easy to became a great noble in prominent family", Damien sighed too.

Looks like he agree with me....

"By the way, duke Damien. You usually not coming in this kind of event. What make you change your mind?", Vincent asked curiously.

Vincent do have a point since I was agree with him. In original novel, Damien supposed not to be here in this engagement ceremony. He was fooling around as I remember but he now to a better person although sometimes a jerk.

"My mother force me to go here to make a good expression toward my family. That's all", He sighed.

"I thought you want to find a noblewoman to make her as your future wife", He chuckled.

"I'm not interested. I also in my duty today. I'm not fooling around like you", He glared.

"Came on. Don't take my joke too serious. I just want to make a great conversation between us the prominent family", He smiled.

"So, shut your stupid mouth. The ceremony is about to begin", Damien warned him for the last time.

"Humph! You are no fun", Vincent rolled his eyes.

This both guy won't get along well....

A trumpets blew and so the door open. There showed prince Aether and lady Pilnolphe wore a gorgeous clothes with a matching colour.

They stepped from the balcony and began to descend from the giant staircase, every single eyes in the room focus on them. Everyone was quiet, doesn't make a move not a sounds. They walked toward the platform next to the stair and prince Aether began his speech.

"I was grateful for everyone in here who came to celebrate our engagement ceremony. May the goddess bless this celebration", The prince smiled.

Is that what you thought.....

Everyone clapped their hand and cheers for them happily. Prince Aether and lady Pilnolphe wave their hand slowly toward the crowd.

While I was staring at them, I notice that Damien make his way to leave this place and doesn't take a glance of Pilnolphe.

Hmm.... He's not interested....

I take a glance at Vincent direction and his expression is like a person who fall in love at first sight. He hold his chase while staring at Pilnolphe.

He already fall for her but it won't last... I will make him fall to someone else!

"Ugh... I don't like that smug face of her", Lady Villena felt annoyed.

"We are in the middle of the crowd, lady Villena. Don't let other people hear what you said", I sighed.

"I know but.....ugh..", Lady Villena rolled her eyes.

She easily get pissed off by that girl.... She really hate her.....

I continued to watch them waving at the crowd until I saw Pilnolphe was looking at my direction.

Hmm.... She saw me....

That's when I saw her evil sight. She was smirking mischievously at my direction to tell me that she won and I lose but there's something else also appear. The same black human figure that's has a wing like an angel, it smirked at me too.

What the hell......

I looked around to see people reaction if they saw that thing but no one noticed it since everyone busy cheer for them.

Why I am the only person saw that thing!?

"Did that wenche smirked at you!?", Lady Villena broke her fan completely.

Lady Villena saw she smirked but she didn't saw the thing behind her.....

"Lady Villena, you really have a great eyesight but watch your language, we are in the middle of the crowd", I sighed as I don't want a noble make a bad expression on her.

"Ah! Came on! Are you going to let go that bitch like that?", She asked.

"Lady Villena, don't underestimate me. I still not show her who the real boss here", I unleashed my evil aura.

"I trust you but don't lose to her. I don't like her guts", She sighed.

"We just need to wait and see", I smirked.

When I looked back at Pilnolphe direction, that thing already gone. It vanish without a trace in the air.

That thing......I don't like it presences.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 69.2K 29
After a disastrous first season in London, Rose Wilde finds herself torn between two men who love her -- but who both hide secrets that could ruin he...