charity project // mischa bac...

By vapidreverie

I was quiet. "That really bothered you that much?" He nodded. "Yeah. I knew it would bother you. And it bothe... More

1 - not sorry !!
2 - sweet, i guess...
3 - elaborate?
4 - her name was talia.
5 - just studying.
6 - you know what they say about assuming?
7 - the first thanksgiving (or something like that)
8 - jonquils
9 - a prince
10 - kind of complicated, reasons aplenty
11 - fraudulent
12 - somehow
13 - deer in headlights
14 - shh!
15 - unassuming
16 - it had better work
17 - confrontation
18 - worth a shot
19 - promise
20 - all-ears
21 - travel
22 - fish out of water
23 - loverboy scheme
24 - inadequate
25 - caught off-guard
27 - criminal record
28 - jonquils: part ii
29 - je te veux
30 - tell her
31 - rigid
32 - snapshot
33 - four days ago
34 - stalling
35 - completely stunned

26 - table for two?

1.2K 38 123
By vapidreverie

It was day two of NAYCF. My appreciation for altos just kept growing and growing. Father Marcus had moved me to the alto I part because of the surplus of soprano IIs and the severe lack of alto Is. It was a very similar range to what I sang being a soprano II, but it was so much more challenging. Jenny and I were now pretty good friends. Her choir was actually from North Carolina, and the other girl beside me was from Wyoming. I'm not sure exactly where each state is on the map, but from what I gathered, those two states were very far away from each other.

We had a longer lunch break, and I made sure to find Mischa as quickly as possible to avoid getting swept up in the crowd leaving. Once there were less people, I finally had time to talk to him.

"You look like a whore right now," I stated.

He looked taken aback. "Good afternoon to you, too."

"Why is your shirt buttoned down so low?"

"Hot," He answered, making no effort to button anything up. In fact, he even unbuttoned another one.

"Ew! Stop stripping!"

Mischa grinned. "Are you complaining?"

"Well," I looked around. "No."

His sleeves were even pushed up, too. I just had to admire how incredibly attractive he was, especially at that moment. A hair fell out of place on his head, so I reached up and fixed it. Before my hand could return to my side, Mischa took a hold of it.

"What are you doing?"

"Holding your hand. Clearly. I miss you."

I scoffed. "We've literally been in the same room for the past one and a half hours."

"I know," He whined. "But I only see the back of your head. I do not talk to you. I do not kiss your pretty little face."

"Oh, suck it up, loverboy. It's an hour and a half. I'm hungry. Let's go eat."

"That's not what you were supposed to say."

"What was I supposed to say?"

He put in a falsetto. "'Oh, you poor dear. I will kiss you right now. I love you so much, Mischa!'"

"I don't even sound like that!" I protested. "I'm not saying that."

"You hate me, then? Is it because I'm an orphan? You hate a poor little orphan boy?"

"You're the worst. I cannot believe you just said that, Mischa Vadym Bachinski."

He clutched at his heart melodramatically. "Not the middle name! You didn't even say you didn't hate me."

"Shut up," I laughed. "You are so loud right now."

"I will not shut up because you used my middle name against-!" He started to purposely shout that last part, causing many people to give weird looks in our direction.

I clapped my hand over his mouth. "Stop shouting! We are in a public building!

I felt something warm and wet touch my hand. I jerked it back.

"What the hell? Did you just lick my hand? Disgusting!"

I wiped my hand on his shirt.

"I do not see what the big deal is. I have had my tongue practically down your throat before."

"Stop, ew. You're making it gross."

"Not until you say that you do not hate me."

"I don't hate you. Anything else you want?"

"Well, now that you ask-"

I got annoyed and then kissed him to make him stop. It was pretty effective. He might've even been flustered.

"How did you know that was what I was going to ask?"

I shrugged. "I didn't. I just wanted you to stop whining."

"Fair."

...

Mischa and I decided to go to a park after lunch. We sat on a bench and talked to each other. He was trying to explain to me that math was the best subject and that I should hate English class because of it.

In front of us, a little girl tripped and fell and began crying. I couldn't see any of her parents. Immediately, I stood up and rushed to help her.

"Are you alright?" I put a hand on her shoulder.

She looked up, sniffling. "My elbow is bleeding!"

"I have something for that," I nodded gently and opened up the first aid kit I had in my bag. "While I help you, what's your name?"

"Mia."

"Well, Mia, I'm going to clean up your elbow and then put a bandage on it."

I used a sterile pad and wiped the wound. I unwrapped the bandage and stuck it on her elbow.

"Here you are, sweetheart. Good as new!" I smiled.

"Thank you!" She stood up and held out her arms for a hug.

I was a bit startled at first, but I returned it.

I put away my first aid kit back into my bag and I saw her run over to a woman who I presumed was her mother. She pointed to her elbow and then back at me. The mother got up and walked over to me. I stood up and brushed the wood chips off of my pants.

"Hi! I just wanted to thank you so much for helping my daughter. I'm so grateful for that. There's not many people who would go out of their way to help a little kid," She said.

Mia scowled at the terminology.

"It was no problem, really!" I smiled.

"I'm genuinely so thankful for that. I hope you have a fantastic day today. You are a wonderful person."

"Thank you! You too!"

I sat back down next to Mischa, whose eyes were wide.

"That was actually so hot."

"You think anything is hot."

He shook his head. "Please bear my children right now. I want to make love to you on the spot."

"Slow down, Misch. We are literally outside at a park."

"I forgot that."

"You know what would be fun? Let's stalk Noel," I pulled out my phone.

"How will we find him?"

"I have his location."

He made a face. "Weird."

"Not really. He's pretty much my brother whenever it becomes convenient. A while ago I used that to get him out of work early."

I zoomed in to his location.

"Why the fuck is he at that restaurant?" Mischa squinted over my shoulder.

"I don't know. He just ate lunch with us."

"I do not remember him eating that much."

"You're right, Mischa Vadym Bachinski. We've got a mystery."

"Stop saying my full name," He complained.

"You shouldn't have told me your full name, then. But he didn't tell me he was going anywhere. Now I'm curious," I looked back at the phone. "That's not a restaurant. That's a café. A French café, nonetheless."

Mischa and I looked at each other.

"Crazy idea: let's go to that café and see what's going on," He said.

"I was just about to say that!"

...

We found the café and opened the door into the building. A bell had rung, notifying everyone that someone had entered. Both of us turned our backs to avoid being seen by Noel.

"Table for two?" A waitress asked.

Mischa nodded. "Yes, thank you."

We sat down by a window, looking for Noel. He was sitting at a table across the café, across from another person. I gasped and gripped onto Mischa's arm.

"Misch, look! He's with someone!"

"I see, I see. Please don't cut off my blood circulation again."

I sheepishly let go.

"Wait," His brows furrowed. "That is the waiter from the other day, no?"

"Is it?" I looked closer. "It is! It's Marcel!"

"Holy shit. Absolute baller."

I gave him a confused look and he just shrugged. Noel's head turned and we ducked behind our menus.

"Is he on a date?" I asked.

"How am I supposed to know? You think he tells me stuff?" He shot back.

"Well, no."

We peeked over the menus to get another look at Noel.

"What can I get you to drink?"

Both of us shot upwards, startled. Mischa smoothed his hair.

"I'd like a brown sugar oat milk iced coffee, please," I said.

"Just a coffee. Normal. Nothing in it."

The waitress left and we released a breath.

"Why did you get an iced coffee? It is winter time. It is cold," Mischa lifted an eyebrow.

"And?"

He shook his head and didn't answer. We continued to watch the two. I heard Noel giggle. Not laugh, but actually giggle.

"That was the gayest shit I've ever heard, and I'm saying this about Noel. No man will ever make me giggle like that no matter the circumstances," I muttered.

Mischa lifted a finger and opened his mouth to argue.

"No. Not even you. You're not an exception."

He frowned.

"I want to take a picture of Noel and send it to him. Would be funny," Mischa said.

"Do it."

He took a quick picture and sent it to Noel. We watched as he casually picked up his phone, saw the image, and frantically began to look around.

Both of us ducked behind our menus, laughing our asses off at his desperate attempt to find Mischa.

He finally saw us and he glared at me. I shrugged. He picked up his phone and typed something out. Once finished, he motioned for me to check my phone. I read the message he sent.

 You  think you're so fucking funny! You're NOT!!

I stifled another laugh and typed out a reply:

 we didn't know you were here. pure coincidence. misch thought it would be funny to take a picture. have fun on your date 🤍

The first part was a blatant lie, but it's not like he could tell.

Noel's response was very terse and hastily sent.

Shut the hell up. Fuck you

I made a face at him, incredulous.

He continued glaring at me

You are RUINING my LIFE! Straight

I squinted at the words.

why did you just call me straight i love women actually fuck you

Not bothering to look back, he sent a text back.

I was insulting you but I forgot that it doesn't work. I'm going to stop texting you now.

I set my phone down and started talking to Mischa.

a/n: guys i'm way less busy maybe i'll write more

guys look at these images of me absolutely fuckin balling💪 (i got a haircut)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 1.5K 38
Allister is brand new to the world of work; fresh out of high school. His boss is nothing like he expects and very quickly his learning that his offi...
6.4K 79 47
Choir has been so boring lately. It's always the same old "Listen to the ginger who puts everyone down and sight read the music you've learned all se...
2.9K 105 12
"'And finally, Jax!' I scanned the crowd, searching for this 'Jax'. 'Uh...' Gloved hands grabbed my shoulders and turned me around. Standing there wa...
307 19 27
Cover by melifluous gelatoo -Excerpt- I peeked at Jaycob. He was intrigued when he saw the note. Oh my gosh, he's checking it! He looked shocked. Hi...