2 - sweet, i guess...

I was lying down on the floor of Ocean's room, finishing up a math problem. I glanced up to see her hard at work, scribbling furiously at her paper.

"What do you think of Mischa?"

Ocean looked up for a moment. "Huh?"

"Mischa. What do you think of him?" I repeated.

She smiled smugly. "Well, if you really want to know..."

"I do! That's why I asked!"

"He's definitely one of those students who doesn't try. He can't see far enough into the future to realize that he needs to try or else he'll end up, like, I dunno- a Taco Bell worker for life?"

I laughed. "Hey! Don't do Noel like that! Noel won't work there forever. We all know he's going to snap one day, and when he does, I hope I'm there. From what he tells me, his manager is super bitchy and demanding."

She recoiled at my word choice. "I'm not saying Noel will. Mischa is more than likely to, just saying. He'll either work at Taco Bell or steal from it or something. Just saying. I don't have high standards for him."

I absentmindedly clicked my pen. "Really? I couldn't tell."

Ocean scoffed and returned to her work.

"I don't know how to feel about him. He's kinda weird," I said.

"Like Ricky Potts weird, or...?"

"Ocean, leave Ricky alone. He can't help it."

She put her hands up in surrender.

"...But no. Not that way. After Father Marcus told him to apologize, he said 'Well, Y/n, I'm not sorry.'"

"-Shocker."

"-but after the bell rang, he told me I had a beautiful singing voice."

Ocean sighed. "Kind of a creep if you ask me."

"I thought it was sort of... sweet, I guess. But come on, Ocean. You've got to give these people a chance!"

"I've given them chances, Y/n. I only associate with the people who take them. I'm only friends with people who exceed my standards. Like you. I like you. You're smart and driven. Like me," Ocean smiled.

I checked the clock on Ocean's nightstand.

"Ooh. Looks like I've got to get going. Noel needs me to pick him up so we can have our weekly coffee. Thanks for having me over, though!"

She waved. "Of course. I love having someone actually intelligent to talk to. It's refreshing. Have a great time!"

I gave her a quick hug before leaving.