19 - promise

Today was Christmas morning. How could I tell? I was being shaken awake at eight a.m.

I groaned. "It's too early."

"No. It is not. We have gifts and breakfast."

My eyes shot open. "Mischa? What are you doing here?"
"I'm here for Christmas, of course. Now get up!"

I sat up. "I am so sorry you had to see me like this in the morning."
"No worries. You look beautiful in the mornings, too."

"I need to get dressed now."

"Okay." Mischa stood there, unmoving.

I gave him a look before picking out my clothes. "Could you maybe... ah... get out?"

"Do I have to?" He whined.

"Yes. I could throw a shoe at you to help get out faster if that would help."
He held his hands up in surrender. "Fine. Fine."

Satisfied, I shut the door and changed. I braided my hair, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and did my makeup. When I got out, Mischa, Tom, Laura, and my mom were eating breakfast at the table. I got some food and sat down with them.

"Are we doing Mischa's gift last?" I whispered to Laura, who was beside me.

She nodded.

I just had to hold it for a few more minutes. I wasn't sure if that was possible, but I could try.

We moved onto gifts. One of my favorites that I got was a vocal steamer from my mom. Actually, that makes me sound like a huge singing nerd. But that's alright, because I am. Laura and Tom even got me something, which was a mini projector. I thought it was pretty cool. I got my mom a pair of earrings she pointed out once as well as her favorite chocolates. I got Laura a bracelet and Tom a fancy fountain pen. I had my own surprise for Mischa. I started making a photo scrapbook of any pictures of us we could find. A few of the highlights were pictures that Ocean took at the Halloween party as well as a few pictures Noel took, mostly without any of us knowing.

"Y/n, this is amazing! Oh! I remember that time!" He exclaimed, pointing to a picture of both of us at the Christmas party. "I have something for you, but I will give it to you later. You will have to wait."

"I can be patient," I agreed.

Finally, it was time for Laura and Tom's big gift reveal for Mischa. I was more excited than he was, if I was going to be honest. Tom handed him a white envelope.

Mischa looked at it, momentarily confused.

"Open it!" Laura urged.

He made a painstakingly slow effort to rip open the envelope. Mischa drew out a slip of paper. I could see how his face changed as he read what it was. He looked up at all of us, unsure what to say.

"Well?" Tom asked, grinning,

He finally managed to speak. "They're plane tickets. To Ukraine. I don't know what to say. Thank you."

"It was Y/n's idea, really. You should be thanking her."

He looked at me and broke into a smile. I opened my arms to hug him, but he went a different way. He took a hold of each side of my face and kissed me.

"You are actually the best."

I laughed. "Thank you."

He pulled out the rest of the tickets. "Wait a moment. There are five, but three of us."

I was also confused. We both looked to Laura for answers. She had a mischievous look on her face.

"Well, take a look around you. There are five people in this room, aren't there?"

My jaw dropped. "You didn't!"

"We had to!" She exclaimed. "It wouldn't be fun without you, you know!"

"First class, too," Tom stated proudly.

I looked at my mom. "You knew about this?"

She shrugged. "I might've known."

"Our plan is to visit during spring break," said Tom. "I may even get a refund for the tickets if I can book a private jet from the airport."

Sometimes I forget that they're rich. It's a pleasant surprise whenever I remember that.

Mischa and I hugged each other, ecstatic.

...

Later that day, Mischa had helped me set up the projector in my room. Once it was done, I was about to rejoin the others in the living room.

However, Mischa grabbed my hand before I could leave. "I want to give you my gift now."

"Alright. Go ahead," I said.

He fished around in his pocket for something, and came up with a small box. "Y/n, by now you know that I love you very much."

I nodded. "Of course I do. And I hope you know I feel the exact same way."

Mischa allowed himself a small smile before continuing. "I know that I will never stop feeling that way about you. I know that what I want more than anything is to be with you for as long as you will love me."

My pulse quickened.

He opened the box to reveal a small, simple-yet-elegant ring. "This is a promise ring. And it is my promise to you that I will be seriously committed to you and no one else no matter what. I promise that I will always be there for you. I lay all my humility at your feet, and I hope that you would so humble me and wear it."

I had no clue how to respond, so I sort of just stared off into space and forgot to respond for a few seconds.

"Please say something, Y/n. I'm a little bit worried," He fretted.

"Sorry. I just- you are the most amazing person I know. There is no way I would say no. I can't see myself with anyone but you, and that's how I want it to stay. Of course I'll wear it."

He lifted up my hand and slid the ring on. "I am very happy to have you."

a/n: hi i'm back i've been super busy with auditions and stuff i didn't get the role i wanted BUT i get to be a mom which means i am a milf now. also an understudy for a big role!