26 - table for two?

It was day two of NAYCF. My appreciation for altos just kept growing and growing. Father Marcus had moved me to the alto I part because of the surplus of soprano IIs and the severe lack of alto Is. It was a very similar range to what I sang being a soprano II, but it was so much more challenging. Jenny and I were now pretty good friends. Her choir was actually from North Carolina, and the other girl beside me was from Wyoming. I'm not sure exactly where each state is on the map, but from what I gathered, those two states were very far away from each other.

We had a longer lunch break, and I made sure to find Mischa as quickly as possible to avoid getting swept up in the crowd leaving. Once there were less people, I finally had time to talk to him.

"You look like a whore right now," I stated.

He looked taken aback. "Good afternoon to you, too."

"Why is your shirt buttoned down so low?"

"Hot," He answered, making no effort to button anything up. In fact, he even unbuttoned another one.

"Ew! Stop stripping!"

Mischa grinned. "Are you complaining?"

"Well," I looked around. "No."

His sleeves were even pushed up, too. I just had to admire how incredibly attractive he was, especially at that moment. A hair fell out of place on his head, so I reached up and fixed it. Before my hand could return to my side, Mischa took a hold of it.

"What are you doing?"

"Holding your hand. Clearly. I miss you."

I scoffed. "We've literally been in the same room for the past one and a half hours."

"I know," He whined. "But I only see the back of your head. I do not talk to you. I do not kiss your pretty little face."

"Oh, suck it up, loverboy. It's an hour and a half. I'm hungry. Let's go eat."

"That's not what you were supposed to say."

"What was I supposed to say?"

He put in a falsetto. "'Oh, you poor dear. I will kiss you right now. I love you so much, Mischa!'"

"I don't even sound like that!" I protested. "I'm not saying that."

"You hate me, then? Is it because I'm an orphan? You hate a poor little orphan boy?"

"You're the worst. I cannot believe you just said that, Mischa Vadym Bachinski."

He clutched at his heart melodramatically. "Not the middle name! You didn't even say you didn't hate me."

"Shut up," I laughed. "You are so loud right now."

"I will not shut up because you used my middle name against-!" He started to purposely shout that last part, causing many people to give weird looks in our direction.

I clapped my hand over his mouth. "Stop shouting! We are in a public building!

I felt something warm and wet touch my hand. I jerked it back.

"What the hell? Did you just lick my hand? Disgusting!"

I wiped my hand on his shirt.

"I do not see what the big deal is. I have had my tongue practically down your throat before."

"Stop, ew. You're making it gross."

"Not until you say that you do not hate me."

"I don't hate you. Anything else you want?"