All For Power

By Lord_Grenne

Al'ravee spent ninety-five years living the typical life of a mortal, only for him to wake up from his grave... More

Chapter 1: Birth Of A God
Chapter 2: Al'ravee
Chapter 3: Law
Chapter 4: Mother
Chapter 5: Crazy
Chapter 6: The Link
Chapter 7: There's Always That One Person
Chapter 8: Friends
Chapter 9: Dream
Chapter 10: Graduation
Chapter 11: Laugh
Chapter 12: Nine Months
Chapter 13: Nothing But A Memory
Chapter 14: His wife
Chapter 15: An Old Friend
Chapter 16: A Scheme
Chapter 17: Different Shades Of Grey
Chapter 18: An Inevitable Death
Chapter 19: The Summary
Chapter 20: A Hundred Years
Chapter 21: Memories, Questions And Answers
Chapter 22: Becoming A Transcendent God 1
Chapter 23: Becoming A Transcendent God 2
Chapter 24: Becoming A Transcendent God 3
Chapter 25: Becoming A Transcendent God 4
Chapter 26: Becoming A Transcendent God 5
Chapter 27:Becoming A Transcendent God 6
Chapter 28:. Becoming A Transcendent god 7 [ Last ]
Chapter 29: The Pathfinder
Chapter 30: Life Prolonging Machine?
Chapter 31: Gods In Action
Chapter 32: Darius
Chapter 33: Naked Ancestor
Chapter 34: The Universe Is A Game, The Gods Are The Players
Chapter 35: Al'ravee, The God Of...
Chapter 36: Pantheon
Chapter 37: The Links' Use
Chapter 38: The Fate Of Planet Green Cloud
Chapter 39: Don't Talk To Strangers
Chapter 40: Power Test, Concepts
Chapter 42: The Bad Hearted
Chapter 43: Talk With Ozia
Chapter 44: That He May Show You The Way
Chapter 45: Bruh
Chapter 46: Halo
Chapter 47: God-Empress Nordeline
Chapter 48: The Fight, Almighty State
Chapter 49: A Game Of Chess
Message

Chapter 41: This Is Power

7 1 0
By Lord_Grenne

Since his Law of Reality was thought of to be able to represent all other laws, then didn't that mean he could use any Concepts? He wouldn't know until he tried.

Quickly gathering his thoughts, he checked the guide for some basic examples of Concepts on Krenes' guidelines.

Al'ravee stretched out his hand to the lorry and muttered under his breath "Electromagnetism Concept".

...

'Nothing happened?' Al'ravee stood in the middle of the road, looking like a fool.

The bystanders holding their mobile devices wondered what was happening but did not dare to go near him. Why the strange man could survive a lorry accident was unknown, HE was unknown, they instinctively feared the unknown. They should.

The driver of the lorry was unconscious, unaware of the fact that his legs were damaged beyond repair.

Al'ravee paid them no heed though. 'Why didn't it work'. Al'ravee himself had knowledge on physics and had an inkling on what the Electromagnetism Concept should do.

'Electromagnetism was just magnetism produced by electric current'. Al'ravee kept on pondering as he put down his hand, his mind running hundreds of times faster than normal 'The body of a human can be temporarily magnetised, no question about that. The body of a god or better still, the soul vessel, is not race-specific but should be capable of the same thing. Right.

Hmmm, the key thing should be the electric current. Electromagnetism is impossible if there is no electric current to actualise it. So that means I need electricity, hmm'.

The enforcers had already rushed down and someone had finally decided to call the paramedics a few minutes ago.

The enforcers, upon seeing the lorry accident were stunned but walked towards Al'ravee nonetheless. It wouldn't make sense if even those who had guns were afraid.

"Hey young man, could you kindly get off the road and come with us. You're causing quite the hold up". The forty-ish-looking enforcer came to Al'ravees' left and asked cautiously.

He looked older than Al'ravee on the outside so he naturally referred to him as 'Young man'.

Al'ravee did not respond, he kept his eyes narrow and trained on the lorry.

"Hey kid, didn't you hear? He said- Ouch!" One of the remaining three enforcers got annoyed and tried to grab Al'ravees' shoulder but immediately retracted his hand fast in pain. It looked like he had just received an electrical shock.

The other enforcers drew out their guns in alarm. Al'ravee instead treated them like breeze, raising his arm again at the lorry.

The bystanders were starting to walk away, not willing to be involved in any possible crossfire. Some had places to be anyway.

"Put your hand down right now mister! Put it down or we will shoot goddammit!" The leader didn't know what Al'ravee raising his arm could mean but he didn't wish to find out. Just when he was about to shoot Al'ravees' shoulder...

white-coloured electric arcs crackled on Al'ravees' body, shocking the people watching. The electric arcs ran around his body and gathered on his outstretched palm.

*BIZZT BIZZT*
*BOOM!*

Streams of electricity burst out of Al'ravee's palm, hitting the front of the lorry and sending the large vehicle skidding backwards and clearing out the cars behind it on its lane.

The pedestrians quickly ran away like headless chickens and pandemonium spread across the square.

The enforcers were scared stupid and immediately fired at Al'ravee but it was in vain as the bullets just bounced off.

Al'ravee had a smile of satisfaction on his face. He liked the results of this Electricity Concept and was thinking of ways he could better use it.

'If I can comprehend a lot of Concepts, wouldn't it be seen as Reality Warping? I'm still a long way from there though, but still'

*BOOM*

The enforcers were blown away by a wave of thick electricity, burnt to charcoal before they reached the ground. The arcs of electricity also reached the running pedestrians, quickly killing them.

"Hahahahahahaha YEEEES!, This feels... so... fucking... good." The excitement Al'ravee was feeling couldn't be imagined easily.

He didn't feel this much joy when he got married and had his first child.

He didn't feel this way when he became a crime lord and could already defy the laws of society.

He didn't feel like this when he mastered many martial arts and reached a peak-human level.

No, he didn't feel so much exhilaration when he became the sole ruler of a continent.

The feeling of conquering the hearts of so many women and making a harem couldn't even come close.

"THIS MORTALS! THIS IS POWER!" *BOOM!*

Al'ravee started shooting arcs of electricity from different parts of his body, destroying properties and creating ash out of people. He allowed himself to be drowned in his little state of ecstasy, enjoying the feeling of being overpowered without the use of money or connections for once.

[One and a half hours later]

"Electromagnetism Concept!"

That, with the screams of the people around them, was the last thing some enforcers heard before being crushed to a pulp by a flying car.

In the city, a hundred metres around Al'ravee, a storm of cars and any vehicle that had metal in it was occurring. It was suddenly raining cars and no one was happy about it, obviously.

Al'ravee stood on a circular jagged metal platform in the air,  using the Electromagnetic field to keep him and the jagged platform afloat. He stared intently at a tall glass building with ten stories.

Currently, hundreds of people were trapped behind the inner concrete walls of the building. Al'ravee had given them the misconception that he could only lift cars with his powers. Oh, how wrong they were.

*SWOOSH!*
*CRASH, SHATTER*

Al'ravee made a snatching motion with his hand, ruthlessly tearing out the metal beams holding up the building.

*CRUMBLE*

A lot of people were already killed by the aggressive movement of the metal beams and the ones that survived it could only wait for death as the building crumbled to pieces.

'The authorities haven't sent any military force to put me down yet. Either they are unwilling or scared to take an aggressive approach, or the nearest military base is too far from here. These enforcers can't force me to use my full power'.

He couldn't blame them though. His presence alone would stop a lot of electronic devices from functioning perfectly due to the magnetic interference.

Al'ravee made a beeline for the outskirts of the city, bursting through the tall buildings and flinging cars around. 'I'll just go to them then'.

Al'ravee wasn't even done with the city but he couldn't care less. The souls of the fallen were slowly moving towards the location of the portal. Besides, Ozia with whatever method he was employing would eventually meet him here.

Even as a Transcendent, there was no way he could handle an entire continent. He wasn't yet at that level.

After leaving the city into another, Al'ravee flew around erratically on the metal platform. If one looked from above, they would notice that Al'ravee seemed to be searching for something.
....

[Two Hours Later ]

Al'ravee arrived above the airfield of a national space station with folded arms. The space station was a couple of square kilometres with a few visible large rockets and space shuttles still in their testing phase showing their outline in the afternoon sun.

Inside the Space station, the AI system blared its loud alarms, alerting the insiders of a possible hostile activity from this flying figure.

The sentry towers aimed their turrets at the foreign figure and he could see soldiers assembling themselves behind the gate.

The young god didn't mind, he wanted the attention. The rapid response didn't fail and he surely wasn't disappointed.

*RATATATATATATATA!..."

Al'ravee tried to stop the bullets but he couldn't. The sentry guns were of the best and each bullet packed quite a punch, effectively ignoring the current level of the Electromagnetic field.

'That actually hurt' Even though he thought this, his face remained expressionless. To him, it felt like he was being pinched by children.

He was about to move when...

*BAM!*

These people weren't joking, they had just sent a missile directly without wasting time. 'If the guns didn't take him down, the missile would'. That's what they probably had in mind.

To them, this unregistered object was most likely an attack from another nation.

The world around Al'ravee spun as he found himself spinning further into the sky. The metallic platform had been blown to pieces from the explosion so he could only fall heavily to the ground.

*DAM*

Finally landing on the deserted dirt ground, Al'ravee immediately rushed to the gates like a mad speedster.

The turrets fired in vain, Al'ravee easily made quick side jumps to confuse their aim. Even if his body was strong, it didn't feel nice to be hit by these bullets and a missile that reminded him of a Man Hunter's full-weight punch.

He increased the Divinity input in his body by a fraction just in case.

*CRACK RUMBLE*

Al'ravee used the Electromagnetism Concept to rip the sentry towers off the ground and chucked them into the grounds of the space station, crushing some assembled soldiers in the process.

Glancing at these soldiers, Al'ravee was impressed with the Divera Dynasty's advancement in technology.

Each of them was donned in a black leathery combat suit with matching helmets. In their hands were electromagnetic-coil rifles. He could tell because he could literally feel them powering up.

'I was wondering when someone would make a full bulletproof attire. Although it is not as impressive looking as that Darius kid, it's still okay.

*SWOOSH*

Within milliseconds, he appeared in their midst. The nearest soldiers were sent flying from a single punch with broken bones. 'At least, they didn't get dismembered. That's good progress'.

Al'ravee stopped all the bullets shot at him a few centimetres from his skin. These small bullets, he could control without increasing the power output.

The soldiers looked at each other in confusion. What was going on?

*PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW*

The bullets were repelled away from Al'ravee, forcefully piercing through their armour and filling each soldier with lead.

Another missile of the same kind came at Al'ravee. He was able to slow it down a bit, shifting his torso sideways to make a timely evasion.

*BOOM*

The scene of Al'ravee standing regally with an explosion behind him was burned into the minds of the onlookers. He looked very villainy right now.

He looked at where the missile had come from. "Is that... A robot? No, that's a Mecha".

Just outside an open large storehouse sixty metres away from Al'ravee, a four-metre, four-legged, two-armed robotic-looking machine walked out and positioned itself in front of Al'ravee.

On its left was a big chainsaw arm. It's right, a five-barrelled Gatling gun arm. Mounted on its left shoulder was a missile launcher with its remaining two missiles and on its left shoulder... ' A laser cannon?'

Al'ravee was excited "This will be interesting"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 22 75
Ala (pronounced a-la) It is 2053, Earth is now home to the Alexins. The Alexins are a race of super humans who arrived on Earth in the year 2040 afte...
The Nost By Shannon Bond

Science Fiction

93 1 32
Jack and Ann have taken me on a great adventure full of mystery and incredible technology, I hope you'll join us. I know you have a lot of reading c...
209K 8.2K 61
"Are you coming to bed firefly?" He says to me laying his hands over my waist joining me in looking over the city. "I want to look out for a little...
69.6K 2.7K 50
["What do you search for in life, issei? What gets you out of bed every morning? Well, I've found my answer, and I've decided to dedicate my whole li...