True Love

By Coralie56

Avi was in his music room, absently chiming out a few notes on his guitar. His thoughts were wandering in a r... More

Prelude: evenings
1. Shopping
2. Long story
3. Discovery
A/N
4. A date
5. A night
6. PTX
8. The Crew
9. Caring
10. First times
11. Voices and song
12. Between Grammys and Touring
13. I Will Find A Thousand Ways...
14. Tour (1)
15. Tour (2)
16. Anna
17. Promises
A/N
18. Asia
19. ACA
20. Summer
A/N
21. The time has come
22. Family (1)
23. Family (2)
A/N
24. Avi's plans
25. Will you?
26. Pristine lake
27. Coming out
A/N
28. Shades
29. Decisions
30. Suspended time
31. Ellen
32. Memories
33. Mitch
34. Hey Brother
35. Scott
36. Bridge Over Troubled Waters
A/N
37. Meeting
38. True Love (Epilogue)
A/N

7. Together

1.6K 47 15
By Coralie56

Tuesday morning. The band gathered as usual in their private room. Kevin and Avi arrived first almost at the same time and sat down on one of the couches. Then Scott, Kirstie and Mitch came in together.

Avi stood up from the couch and with little no hesitation, Mitch ran into his arms. Scott giggled, joined by Kevin, and Kirstie exclaimed: "You guys! Shut up!"

Avi chuckled and replied:

- Don't worry Kirstie, we know them, I wouldn't expect less!

- Good boy! I was afraid you would have lost your sense of humor! said Scott with a wink.

- I think I've rather found it back Scottie! Go ahead, I'm not afraid!

They all laugh happily, the team PTX was more alive than ever and it felt so good!

- Oh! Scott! I've talked to Ester yesterday. I'm ready for a team meet up.

Scott looked at his smiling friend, understanding that this talk with his sister had turned out well.

- Great! What about tomorrow then?

- Sounds perfect.

This day was special. Avi and Mitch felt comfortable with their band mates now, but not yet with the rest of the crew.

Everybody seemed to feel something special, without being able to guess what was going on. The five were unusually playful, somewhat dissipated sometimes, and in the middle of the afternoon, Ben Bram decided to end the working session earlier than expected.

- Guys, he said. As you seem to have something important to tell us tomorrow, and as it seems to disturb you a little, I think it's wiser to stop for today. Try to be more focused tomorrow, okay? Don't forget we leave on Sunday for Phoenix, and the next week will be the Grammys week!

- Don't worry Ben, we will be ready! answered Scott with a happy grin.

And the five escaped from the studio. Kirstie, Kevin and Scott looked at Avi and Mitch going straight to Avi's car after a quick hug to their friends, Scott being okay to wait for Mitch while wandering around.

- They can't go on like this for long, commented Kevin.

- What do you mean?

- Look at them! Every minute far from each other seems to be painful!

- That's right... It's such a crazy story!

- Shall we have a drink before going? I want to hear what Avi told you yesterday! said Kirstie with a greedy smile.

- Why not? I also want to hear you guys about Mitch!

- Anyway, I have to wait for Mitch, let's go. I'll send him a text to let them know where we are.

*****

Meanwhile, Avi and Mitch had reached their favorite spot on the beach, and they sat down among the boulders, hand in hand.

- Mitch? I have something to ask you...

- Sure!?

- I don't know where to begin.... Let me tell you all, okay?

Mitch leaned towards him and rested his head on his shoulder.

- I know we are different. We don't have the same tastes in music, partying, food... and you've been living with Scott for so long! He's your best friend, like your brother, and you have so much fun together.

Mitch stiffened slightly. What was he trying to tell? Was he doubting? Not after having shared their relashionship with their best friends!

After a deep sigh, Avi went on.

- Yesterday evening, back from Kevin's... I felt so lonely. Not because I was alone, because... I was missing you. I wished you were here, so badly! But... Mitch? Would you... Would you accept to try to live with me?

Mitch raised his head and met Avi's shy gaze.

- Are you trying to tell me you would like me to move in with you? Is it what you want?

Avi whisperd:

- Yes I do. Do you think you could try?

Mitch smiled while tears appeared in his eyes.

- Don't cry again, Mitchie!

- I don't, look, I'm smiling! It's just... I still don't believe what's happening!

- You know me, little angel. When I want something to happen, I jump into it! We will be travelling a lot soon. I need time with you before... So, is it a yes?

Mitch nodded, unable to speak, and smiled even more. Avi gently wiped his tears before pulling him in a lingering kiss.

*****

They joined their three friends at the cafe and Avi announced them their decision, as simply as he had told them about their relationship.

- Hey homie! It seems I've had a good idea after all, leaving my place in this apartment, cackled Kevin.

- Well, let's say it's easier, yes, answered Avi, slightly blushing.

- Wow! You're moving fast!

- You know Scott, it may seem new to y'all, but we've both been longing for each other for such a long time. Mitch more than me (he winked at Mitch while squeezing his hand under the table.) We are dating for almost three weeks now, and we don't have much private time in our sheddule. We're not teenagers anymore. We have the Grammys in less than 2 weeks and we'll be on Tour a little after, for months. If we can't have time together now... Anyway, it's a try.

- I understand Avi. And I was just teasing you a little. Yes, it's new and surprising and so on! And it's so weird to imagine Mitch living with someone else, somewhere else.

Seeing Mitch's concerned face:

- Hey! Don't worry babe! I'm so happy for you! It's fine! You're my best friend forever, nothing will change!

Mitch leaned toward Scott with a deep relieved sigh and Scott wrapped an arm around his shoulders, squeezing them fondly.

- Will you help me pack my things tonight? said Mitch childishly. Not all, but what I will need the most for now. We could put them in your car, and you'll let me at Avi's home tomorrow evening? he added with a tiny smile.

- Of course hun! But as a reward, I will choose what I keep as a souvenir!

They all giggled and stood up to leave the place.

*****

While Mitch was packing his clothes, Scott, who had packed away Mitch's CDs and music stuff in boxes, was wandering in the room, picking up randomly some trinkets and putting them back.

He finally raised a little frame with a photo of him and Mitch in High School, and he asked:

- Could I keep this one?

- Of course Scott, answered his friend with a tenderized smile. I have many other photos in a box.

- I have some too, but... this one has been here for ages!

- You sure you're okay with me leaving?

- Mitch! It's not with you I want to get married!

- Ah ah! I know!

- Listen, one day or another, you would have met someone worth it, I've always wished you that.

- But you didn't leave when you met Alex...

- True. But I've always known you would.

- Why?!

- Because of who you are. I knew you would need space, more privacy. I knew you would meet someone different. Even if I would never have guessed it could be Avi! Why didn't you ever tell me about your feelings?

- I didn't want to think it could be possible... If I had told you, I think it would have been even more painful. Keeping it hidden inside me was making it a simple fool dream, without any reality.

- I'm sorry... I'm not such a good friend. I didn't guess anything.

- Scott! You are! If you wouldn't have been there to love me the way you do, I think I wouldn't have been able to go through the past years. And I don't talk about the PTX years only...

Scott wrapped Mitch in his arms, deeply moved. After a tight hug, he pulled away.

- You're gonna make me cry for the first time in our friendship!

- You're such a cheesy boy!

And they burst out laughing, before going back to packing.

- Mitch?

- Yeah?

- About Wyatt...

- He stays here of course.

- ...Won't you miss him?

- I surely will. But his home is here. And I will come back to see him... and maybe you at the same time!

Scott giggled.

- That's nice of you!

- Anyway, I guess I will have other priorities for a while, added Mitch with a playful wink.

- You're gonna try and tame a dragon?

- Scott!

*****

Avi was alone at home. As Kevin had removed his belongings, he didn't have much to do to welcome Mitch.

A few changes in Kevin's bedroom, to make it possible to be used as a music room maybe. Mainly, moving the wardrobe that Kevin had left (he wanted to buy a new one) in his own bedroom...

He had disassembled and reassembled it, which had kept him busy for a while. There was nothing much to change in the bathroom, as Kevin had left exactly the space Mitch would need.

Before getting home, he had bought a few supplies he knew that Mitch would need. Living together on Tour had allowed him to know pretty well what he liked. Let's say he had also paid attention to it.

And now, he was pacing in the living room, slightly nervous. Will Mitch feel comfortable here, just with him? Wouldn't he miss the animated home he was leaving?

Well, it was a try. He needed to calm down or he would be a mess tomorrow. He went into the music room he had shared for so long with Kevin, he grabbed his guitar and began to play. It was the only way he knew to empty his mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 912 20
The rest of the band noticed a sudden change regarding Avi's mental state. One day they decide to find out what had caused it but they had never thou...
15.3K 989 22
Right after Mitch's fortieth birthday, a tragic event leads him back into the lives of the band he left behind nearly a decade ago, whether he likes...
468 31 21
Sequel to Can't Say. After Avi was discharged from the hospital following the horrific events that took place over the last 6 months. Kevin and Avi'...
713 147 17
They were all having fun, getting along, happy at a birthday party, until this one message on TV changed their lives forever. 12 hours, anyone can c...