The Other Halfa

By Vigilante24

What if Danny wasn't the only Halfa? How would the story unfold? Angelina (Lina) Fenton is adopted and offici... More

Prologue
I. Lives Change After Such Accident
II. Ghost Lunch Lady
III. Attack of the Meat-Monster
IV. Meat-Monster VS Halfa-Kids, part 1
V. Meat-Monster VS Halfa-Kids, part 2
VI. Ghost-Dragon
VII. Unexpected Prom Dates
VIII. An Eventful Prom Night
IX. Failed Biology Test
X. Skulker: The Hunter
XI. Ghost-Kids vs Skulker, Round 1
XII. Ghost-Kids vs Skulker, Round 2
XIII. The 'In' Crowd
XIV. Yard-Sale & Movie-Marathon Night
XV. Here Comes Technus
XVI. Family Trip
XVII. Vlad Masters
XVIII. Meet Plasmius
XIX. Reunion Under Attack
XX. Divorce?!
XXI. Under Arrest
XXII. Ghost Prison
XXIII. The Enemy of my Enemy, is my Friend
XXIV. Revenge is a dish best served Cold
XXV. The Return of the Ghost Warden: Walker
XXVI. Chased
XXVII. Walker's True Plan
XXIX. Training & Bonding between Father & Daughter

XXVIII. The Aftermath of the Battle

13 2 0
By Vigilante24

The city was saved, and the evil plans were stopped but our heroes paid the cost. Their reputation amongst the people was tainted and destroyed. From the random ghost children that seem to help, Walker turned them into the Number 1 & 2 Enemy Ghosts of humans. They could survive that even though their motivation had dropped.

However, they both underestimated the damage Walker left on Lina.

From their first encounter, it was obvious that Walker enjoyed targeting Lina. Both as a means to force Danny to obey and also because she always tried to save her adopted brother from his claws. Slowly, the mighty Sherif of the Ghost World turned into the halfa's worst nightmare with his promises of locking her into a cage for the rest of her life.

When he had taken over the mayor and other important figures, not only did he manage to harm and terrorize her once again but also ruined the only thing that made her see the bright side in her ghost abilities. Now, she found herself fighting with the aftermath of all those actions and events. 

It all started as nightmares, haunting and scary ones. 

Lina would often wake up, scared and with her ghost-red eyes glowing. Sometimes she would shout slightly, quickly covering her mouth to muffle any more noise. No one would hear be able to hear her, no one but Danny being in the next room.

Soon, she had trouble sleeping even when she slept along with Danny. In the past, sleeping with him offered comfort but now, it did not affect her. Her lack of sleep, the constant negativity, the hate of the public for her ghost self and her paranoia took a toll on her. She started losing focus and control over her abilities. 

Danny thought she would recover from it, but only later did he realise the extent of the damage. It was when Danny tried to comfort her after a small paranoia attack in the middle of the night, and in her moment of shock, she almost shoot him with an ectoplasm, all because of the pure fear clouding her mind.

He was lucky he managed to avoid it, but it was now obvious that this could not continue for much longer. There was perhaps only one person that could help her now. This is how he found himself visiting the Master's Manor, despite knowing the dangers that came with that decision. 

Yet, for the sake of his sister, he was ready to do anything if it meant helping her.

He phased through the dark and empty rooms of the manor, making his way down towards the lab. The moment he phased through the roof and started to descend into the expensive and heavily equipped lab, he was immediately hit by his arch-nemesis, Plasmius. The force of the unexpected attack sent him crashing against the floor with a single hit.

"Came for a second round Daniel?" the older halfa asked, flying above him with hands folded in front of his chest, as his cape moved faintly. He was surprised to find Danny in his lab but he was ready to beat the kid up, once again, if he meant trouble. 

He did, however, keep his attention on his surroundings for any sneaky attacks by the other young Halfa.

Danny rubbed his stomach, the spot he was punched sore from the force as he looked at him. "No. I am not here for you. I am here for Angel".

"Oh?" he lifted an eyebrow and flew slightly lower, still expecting her to show up but it was becoming clear that she was not anywhere near. "And what exactly has Angelina done with this? Where is she?" he asked, using her full name just as he did with his.

The young Halfa stood up. "She is not here and she needs your help. After Walker's latest attack, she is not herself any longer. She doesn't sleep, she doesn't eat and loses control".

If Plasmius was affected by his explanation, he did not show it. 

He was aware of what had taken place with the ghost attacks and how Danny and Angel were declared public enemies. He would not lie, he was impressed by that plan and only later did he find out that the famous ghost chief named Walker was behind it. 

Plasmius had encountered him only in the ghost zone and was let out with a warning. Now, under other circumstances, he would not allow anyone to speak to him that way but he had witnessed on his own what happened to the ghosts Walker went after.

"I do not see how I could be of any help. Last time I checked, she doesn't want to be near me" he finally said after a moment of silence, still levitating mid-air.

Well, he wasn't exactly wrong. 

Their encounters were not the best ones and he had offered to take her in and train her. However, the girl was far too loyal to the Fentons to agree and they ended up having a battle as was expected. He didn't truly care for it though. 

She was just a fascinating discovery and a great student but if she preferred to be his enemy, then so be it. It would not make much of a difference to him, considering how much weaker she was compared to him. Although she did have the potential to become far greater than she could ever imagine. 

However, by staying with the Fentons and Danny, he knew she never would.

"Because she will end up harming someone. And you are her father, whether any of you like it or not. Just...come with me. I will show you".

Vlad remained quiet for a moment, thinking it over. However, his curiosity got the best of him. Angelina was always the more mature and powerful of the two teens, with far better control of her abilities than Danny. For her to be in such a state, if what Danny said was 100% true, was something that made him curious enough to agree. 

And so, the two Halfa flew back into the Fenton workshop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Danny had left, it was barely 11 pm and by the time he was back with Vlad, the clock showed around 1 am. They entered the house as ghosts and phased into Lina's room. 

Immediately, Plasmius' eyes fell on the sleeping girl.

She was sweating, panting, and tossing in her sleep. She was mumbling, almost begging as if she was trapped under some dark nightmare and she was. Suddenly, their presence caused her ghost senses to go off and she woke up in fear and alert. 

Red eyes stared at the wall in front of her as she ended up subconsciously releasing a red ectoplasm bolt to the wall. It left a small scorch mark, accompanying the older ones that indicated it was not the first time. What she had once taken pride in and what she had often used to take down her opponents, was now the number one thing she could not control.

 Not even when she was awake, for her tired state of mind was making it hard for her to stay concentrated and put up a good fight. It caused trouble for both teens, while also resulting in more injuries than usual.

Plasmius did not fail to notice the dark bags under her tired eyes and how much weaker and skinnier her body looked, clearly not eating as much as she should. Even hair once neatly braided hair was a mess and was obvious she did not take the best care of them, not anymore. 

He watched her as she let out a tired sigh before she passed out again from exhaustion, falling on her back.

"She has been like this for almost 2 weeks now" Danny admitted, looking down, his one hand in a tight fist that was shaking.

He felt so weak by seeing his sister in such a condition and not being able to do anything. Worse, was the fact that he was partially responsible for it. She always got the hits for him and Walker had targeted her because of him. And now, he could not help her or make her feel any better. Even during ghost battles, he could hardly protect her and that only made him fall worse. 

Especially because he was so used to her being the strong one, the one taking the lead. She was always coming up with good plans and she had his back, no matter what. He looked at Vlad whose expression was hard to read but he could see that there was some effect on him.

Folding his hands in front of his chest, the older Halfa, let out a sigh and closed his eyes. "Very well"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Lina was surprised to wake up and climb down the stairs, only to find Vlad sitting on the couch, having tea with Maddy and Jack.

"Vla- I mean. Mr Masters?" she asked, somehow saving herself from talking to him on a first-name basis. 

How she didn't call him Plasmius, was a miracle. 

She rubbed her tired eyes to ensure she was not hallucinating from lack of sleep and she even gave herself a faint pinch on the arm to ensure this was not some sick and twisted dream.

"Hello Angelina," he said, taking a sip from his tea, his eyes never leaving hers.

Danny quickly joined her, but he didn't seem surprised at all. He was not even on alert, something that Lina expected considering the obsession Vlad had with his mother. He nudged her to climb down and she was hesitant but did so, with his right behind her.

 As they reached the bottom of the stairs, they noticed that Jazz was also present.

"What is going on?" the female halfa asked, her mind hurting from trying to find an explanation for this very unusual scene that was right in front of her.

Maddy gave a smile. "Oh Lina, why did you not tell us?" the girl was confused for a moment and glanced at Vlad, trying to get a clue.

"Tell you what?" she asked, blinking and even glancing at Danny for help.

"That Vlad is your father?" the woman gave a smile at the said man, who smiled back innocently.

Lina was shocked and confused, not hiding it as her mouth opened slightly. Why did Vlad show up in the house and suddenly blurred out the information, both found the first time they fought? Why now? What did he have to win?

"Well...I...uhm... I wasn't sure...how to tell you...?..." her words were not reassuring, they didn't even sound convincing enough. 

Vlad was not impressed and Danny held the need to facepalm. Jazz seemed to pick up on it, lifting an eyebrow, but the two Fenton adults were too ignorant to realise it.

Jack stood up and marched towards her before giving her a side hug. He pressed her tiny and weak frame against his much bigger body while towering over her. "There is nothing to be ashamed of. It is great to find that your parents are still alive. Well, parent. And what is better, it is none other than my very good friend Vlad!" he said and pointed at Vlad with his hand who tried to hold back a face.

Right. Good friends, he thought and decided not to drink any more tea, or his stomach would not accept it after hearing such words.

Maddie smiled from the couch. "And what is better, is the fact that Vlad is here out of his good heart. He wants you to spend some time with him, to reunite as father and daughter. Isn't this sweet?" she gave a smile at the man.

Vlad would never say it out loud but he mentally would admit that his lie seemed to be the best one to gain more of Maddie's acceptance and favour. Showing his good parenting side, was an instant Jackpot to make Maddie friendlier with him and give him free access to their house. 

Perhaps Lina could also help with that, after some good persuasion, of course.

Speaking of the Halfa, she just stared with her mouth open. She was very confused, curious, and shocked by the news. It didn't simply add up. None of the things made any sense and she started to question her sanity.

Vlad left the cup on the table and stood up. "Allow me to help you pack Angelina. I promise it will be only for a few weeks".

She looked at Danny who motioned for her to go upstairs, showing he was at least partially familiar with the situation. She wanted to protest but Vlad was already marching towards her. She pouted her lips faintly and without another word, she started to climb the stairs. She entered her room and Vlad followed behind her before he closed the door to ensure they would not be disturbed.

"What is all this? What are you planning?" she asked, pointing her finger at him as her eyes glowed red. At other times, she might have transformed but she was too tired to do that and she would have to be extra focused to succeed in doing it, considering the state of her mind at that certain moment.

The man lifted both hands in the air, showing he was no threat and did not want to fight. "I plan nothing, Angelina. I truly do this out of my own good heart. Is it that heart to believe it?"

"Yes" she folded her hands in front of her chest in a similar fashion that he always did, all while giving him a 'you think I am stupid?' look.

He let out a sigh, not surprised that she was not being persuaded enough by his words and small lie. At least, she was still in enough good mind to recognise that. "Daniel approached me. He told me of your...situation and I honestly want to help. Perhaps some time out from this...*looks around disgusted* hole, would do you some good. Maybe some extra training to be able to deal with the ghost that haunts you. Literally"

She blinked, eyes turning back to pink and she looked at the side. Not only thinking of his suggestion and offer but also glaring at the wall. Danny's room was right on the other side and she really wanted to talk or two with him. She planned to have that talk right after this, and maybe give Danny a few smacks on the back of his head for going behind her back and making plans; with Plasmius of all people!

 Well, ghosts...half-ghosts?

"What do you have to win? And why do you honestly care?" she gave him a side glance.

"Believe it or not Angelina, I am not that evil. The offer I made to you back then was honest" he started as he took a few steps forward. He came to a halt right in front of her, towering over her short form. Plus *his eyes glowed pink * I do not like the idea that my daughter is easily terrorized by a mere chief ghost. It is an embarrassment to me and you".

Lina was quiet for a minute. 

She had arched her neck to keep him in her view. She was not truly phased by the glowing pink eyes of his ghost self, although hers had turned faintly red as a response to it. She weighed her options in her mind, trying to think of them thoroughly before she eventually concluded. 

In defeat, she let out a sigh and stared to the side, breaking the intense eye contact with him. "Fine" she mumbled.

Vlad's eyes turned back to normal and he smiled with satisfaction. "Now, let us pack".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 10.4K 47
Welcome to my (a bit pathetic) attempt to make a Danny Phantom Crossover with Batman! I've always wanted to make a a crossover but I always thought...
11.2K 382 10
The Fenton's have never been the brightest people in Amity Park but when a trip to the Ghost Zone is announced Danny knows that he is screwed. Sam an...
4K 118 11
Kristin moves to Amity with her obsessive ghost hunting parents, Jim, and Michelle Lite. They heard of the ghosts here and wanted to move. I had a ac...
7.6K 386 15
Danny was finally captured and no one knew where he or Phantom was. People started to think that Phantom either killed him and was hiding or he kidna...