In between//Jiara

By outerbaanksjiara

They found El Dorado and could finally prove that they've been telling the truth all this time. But what happ... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 1

1.8K 20 16
By outerbaanksjiara

~Kie's pov~

I don't get how life works

Why do good people have to pay for the bad people's mistakes? Or maybe the good people aren't as good as we thought

And maybe the bad people aren't as bad as we thought.

Not even a day ago we buried John B's and Sarah's dads. We borrowed them not even a month after Big John just came back and finally reunited with John B.

Sarah's dad also just came back, messing everything up again and then he died too for Sarah, saving her.

If someone would have told me that in only two days I was sent to a wilderness therapy camp, found a whole lost city, burried my friends parents and kissed my best friend I'd have thought that it's the craziest thing I've ever heard.

But it happend.

My parents sent me away only two days ago. They didn't even warn me, just two people dressed in polos suddenly appeared and dragged me away while my parents were watching me begging the people to stop.

The whole way I couldn't even process what happened, I kicked, yelled, cried and begged them to stop and let me go but they didn't even seem to hear me.

After my failed attempt to escape I spent a whole day by myself in a small cabin.

I thought I was going insane.

Luckily I didn't spent much time there cause JJ came with some stupid idea that actually worked and took me out of there. I still can't believe that worked.

I waited almost the whole night hoping that JJ would come and get me out at any point.

And he did.

He brust into the room looking for me and when he finally spotted me, I run right into his open arms that were waiting for me.

As soon as we broke the hug he apologised for the moneys he stole from my dad, for the fights, for everything.

I didn't even care about this all.

He was there.

I love you.

That was all I could say.

That was all that mattered.

It didn't even matter if he was gonna say it back or not. I needed him to know.

I love you too

He did say it back.

Then we finally kissed. It was slow and peaceful like we had all the time in the world. Like nothing else mattered. We were finally togheter and that was all that mattered.

He took my hand in his and run with me out of that stupid camp.

On the plane he told me about everything that happend. He told me about the barracuda Mike incident and that our friends are already on the way to South America.

Then we talked some more. We talked about us, we talked about our friends and made a quick plan of finding them. I also managed to get some sleep while he stayed there playing with my hair until I fell asleep.

As soon as we got off the plane, we took some small bus that was going away too slowly for our liking.

On the way with the bus we heard some stories about El Dorado and made a few ideas about this place even if, if I wouldn't know everything John B and his dad been through this days I'd have thought that this people were being delusional.

Then we finally found Pope and Cleo, and heard what happend with Ward and we started looking for John B and Sarah.

When we finally found them too, they were surrounded by people with guns including Ward. Maybe what we did wasn't the smartest move but it was the only thing we could've done and think about in that moment.

We jumped with some machetes towards the people with guns. Then the guns turned towards them too.

I knew JJ.

Maybe more than he knew himself.

I knew he was gonna do something stupid so I slowly touched his shoulder, carefully whispering his name so no one else would hear them but suddenly the gun was aimed and the sound made my attention go back towards the others.

Ward was in front of the gun, dragging the one that was aiming at us earlier and falling down.

After this we all took a while to mourn and watch Sarah making a small grave for her dad. Not too long after this big John died. I wanted to help my friends even if I knew nothing I'd say would help, they both lost their dads in the same day.

The realisation of everything that happened hit me the night after we burried big John. We were on the same boat me, JJ, Pope and Cleo came on towards John B and Sarah.

I tried my best to fall asleep but it was harder than I expected. Don't get me wrong, I was so tired but my mind was wide awake. I looked around, trying to tell if everyone was asleep.

Cleo and Pope were sleeping with their heads on some backpack while Cleo was still holding her knife and looked like she was ready to wake up and fight if needed.

Sarah was sleeping between John B's arms, it took her a lot to fall asleep, I heard her talking quietly with John B for what felt like hours, until it was finally silence.

I looked next to me where JJ was asleep with some shirt over his face so the light and bugs wouldn't bother him.

I tried to get up without making the boat's floor to crack and wake everyone up. When I managed to walk towards the other side of the boat, I let my legs fall over the water, without touching it.

I was tired, mad, sad, happy and the adrenaline still didn't leave my body.

I had no idea what I felt. I just wanted to shut everything down with some joint from JJ.

The water didn't help too much in calming me down especially after what happend a few months ago with the boat and the machete. Usually I'd just watch the ocean and instantly feel better but after this whole day nothing helped.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder which made me almost jump. When I turned behind, I saw JJ slowly sitting down next to me.

"Didn't mean to scare you" he whispered and as soon as I heard him I instantly felt a little better "I heard you getting up and I wanted to check on you"

"I'm sorry for waking you up" I said turning my attention back to the water and trying my best not to face him.

I was scared that if I'd look at him I'd break down into tears and that's the last thing we need right now.

John B and Sarah just saw their parents dying and here I was stupidly crying. I didn't even know why I was crying at all. Too many things happened today to just pick one.

"Nah I wasn't sleeping anyway, it's not like you can with Pope's and Cleo's snoring contest" he said letting out a small chuckle.

I turned to look at him trying to stop a laugh so I won't wake anyone up and as soon as he noticed my failed attempt not to laugh, a proud smile appeared on his face but it was quickly washed away when he took a better look at me.

"Kie, what's wrong?" he asked, the concern visible in his voice which made me feel guilty to make him worry about this too.

When I didn't answer, he slowly moved one hand on my cheek, carefully moving my head towards him so he could get a better look at me. My felt puffy and were probably red, I probably looked like a mess apart from that too.

He didn't say anything, his lips moved towards my forhead, giving me a soft kiss.

I couldn't hold it back anymore.

That's what made me brust into tears. As soon as he moved his lips away he let my head fall on his shoulder allowing the tears to fall, while quiet sobs were escaping me.

He didn't say anything.

He didn't stop me or pushed me away, he just kept holding me while his free hand was playing with some loosen curls from my bun, if you could call that one after everything it been through.

I didn't even relaise that I stopped crying until I heard JJ's voice again after what felt like hours.

"I promise everything is gonna be okay now" he whispered softly, still playing with my hair.

"I'm sorry" I finally said, my voice breaking in the middle of the sentence, making me feel so stupid.

He slowly lift my head up and as soon as I saw the way he was looking at me I felt even more guilty than earlier. Everyone's been through so much and yet I was the one crying.

"What are you sorry for?" he asked confused.

"For this" I whispered but when I noticed that JJ still didn't understand I countinued. "I'm sorry for crying when John B and Sarah are the ones that actually been through a lot"

"Hey no Kie, don't say that" he said as soon as he heard what I said. "Yes they've been through a lot but you've been through shit too, okay?"

I shaked my head feeling the tears burning my eyes "It's not the same"

"It might not be the same kind of shit but it still meant a lot Kie, you have all the right to feel like this okay?" he said but when I didn't say anything else he countinued. "Kie you have all the rights to be sad too, okay?"

"I miss them" I whispered, if JJ wouldn't be so focused on me he'd have probably didn't even hear me.

"I don't want to but I do, I hate them so much but I still miss them" I countinued.

They were still my parents after all. They were still my parents and they sent me away to some camp that was gonna drug me. They sent mw away.

"There's nothing wrong with that" JJ said softly trying to make her feel better. "I mean look at my dad, he's a piece of shit and yet I can't help but wish he's doing alright wherever he is"

At the mention of his dad my stomach twisted a little. I knew that JJ's house was gonna be taken away, he told me everything on the boat but after this whole day I completely forgot that he had no where to go.

Neither did Sarah or John B.

Neither did I.

"If you wanna go talk with them when we're gonna be back I'm gonna go with you" he said snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'll be with you whenever you need me"

I couldn't help but smile and his lips quickly formed into a smile too when he took a better look at me.

JJ always could make me smile even if no one else could. He was the only one that could make me laugh and feel better when everything was horrible.

"Damnit Kie, I'll be there even when you don't need me, you might get bored of me" he countinued this time earning a whole laugh from me.

"This will never happen" I said giving him a whole smile this time.

"Good because you're stuck with me" he said before leaning in and making the space between our lips disappear.

The kiss was slow and peaceful but at the same time we needed it as much as we needed air. I could've finally relax I felt like all the pain and exhaustion was slowly going away.

For a moment nothing else mattered. It felt like nothing happend. It felt like no matter what was gonna happen the next day or the day after or anytime.

"For a second I really stopped hearing Pope's snores" JJ said pulling away for a second before kissing the laugh of my lips.

When he pulled away, he stopped to give me a quick kiss on the forehead. "It'll be okay" he said.

I nodded turning to look at our friend's that were still asleep then moved my head back to him.

"It'll be okay" I agreed, letting my head fall on his shoulder while his hands were carefully playing with my curls.

It'll be okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 231 20
Poguelandia. Paradise on Earth. After losing the gold and the cross, the Pogues have finally struck some luck: their own slice of paradise in the mid...
1.6K 17 10
It's been two months. Two months since the Pogues' world had splintered apart. John B and Sarah were presumed to be dead and as for Pope, Kiara, JJ...
409 0 10
'Even though there were many twisted and toxic parts in the relationship that broke each other, somehow they always found their way back together'
105K 4.3K 46
I've said too much, in and out of wanting us. JJ MAYBANK / FEM!OC KIARA CARRERA / FEM!OC OBX SEASON 2 FIRST DRAFT βΈ» 05/08/21 EDITED βΈ» 04/21/23 β†’ 03/0...