Home [Markhyuck]

By Babybun412

Sometimes family isn't blood. Lee Donghyuck hasn't had the best life. But nothing prepared him for when Mar... More

~Character Introduction~
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
End

45

1.4K 87 16
By Babybun412

"We'll wait for your parents before we proceed further," The doctor said before giving them a quick smile and closing the door.

"I can't believe you," Mark ran a heavy hand through his hair.

"Did you see my shot?" Jeno's voice was weak and low.

Probably from all the painful screams and gasps.

"Jeno, what the fuck were you thinking?" Mark snapped as he stood up from his seat to glare at his brother.

"I-" Jeno went to say.

"Clearly you weren't fucking thinking," Mark cut him off. "Do you realize how dangerous it is to play with a concussion? You could’ve had serious brain damage."

"But-"

"No fucking buts!" Mark yelled again. "That was the stupidest shit I have ever seen you do. It was unfair to every single one of our friends to have them sit and watch you play when you know fully well you could get hurt."

"Mark-"

"How do you think we felt after watching you collapse on the floor, huh?" Mark wasn't even thinking straight as he kept spewing out angry and accusing words. "You think-"

"MARK!" Jeno finally yelled back. "I didn't...I just..."

"Just what?" Mark's voice was still laced with anger.

"I just wanted you to see me play," Jeno mumbled as he kept his eyes on his lap. "You haven't been to one of my games and the first one you decided to come to...I wasn't supposed to play."

Jeno took a deep breath before looking up at his brother.

"I just wanted you to be proud of me," Jeno's eyes were shiny.

"Are you fucking kidding?" Mark raised a brow and clenched his jaw. "You risked getting a serious injury so I would be proud of you?! That is so stupid-"

"It's not stupid!" Jeno felt defensive as he sat up a little straighter.

"It is stupid! What you did was stupid, Jeno," Mark said as he hovered closer to his brother. "You didn't even tell any of us-"

"Stop treating me like a child, Mark!" Jeno felt himself getting angry. "I know what I did and I'm taking responsibility for it."

"No you're fucking not!" Mark said back. "I'll stop treating you like a child when you learn to grow the fuck up. You haven't even said sorry-"

"Maybe because I'm not sorry!" Jeno spat. "Sorry's don't fix everything, Mark."

"You are such a goddamn brat! You don't even fucking realize what you put us through-" Mark growled.

"Like you have room to talk!" Jeno barked back. "You're such a hypocrite!"

Mark was taken back.

"I'm sorry! Im sorry! I deeply apologize!" Jeno mocked obnoxiously. "Im so sorry!"

Jeno gripped the sheets below him in a tight fist.

"Did you see anything change? No. I'm still in a hospital bed with a broken arm and you yelling at me," Jeno's voice went deep. "Sorry's mean nothing if you don't meant it or nothing changes."

"What are you talking about?" Mark questioned as his brows furrowed.

"Do you realize how much you put us through? How much you put me through?" Jeno leaned back and frowned.

"Jeno...I already said I was sorry about that." Mark went to say.

"Sorry doesn't change anything," Jeno shook his head. "You almost left me, Mark. I had to watch as you shut me out of your life before watching you almost dissappear."

Jeno's breath hitched.

"Everytime I think about it, I vomit. I did everything I could to try and make you happy. All I wanted was to see you start smiling again. I was so happy when I saw you smile because of Donghyuck...but I won't lie I did feel a little hurt. I'm your brother and I couldn't even make you crack a smile and some random guy comes home and your grinning from ear to ear. It wasn't fair."

Jeno titled his head back and closed his eyes.

"You've done so much for me," Jeno's voice cracked. "I just wanted to see you happy. To see you smile. For you to be proud of me because I'm always afraid that one day I'll wake up you'll be gone and...I'll be all alone. Left with the thought that maybe it was my fault-"

Jeno swallowed the thick lump in his throat and felt his eyes sting.

"Jeno..." Mark sighed as he felt the anger drain out of him and guilt fill up in his stomach. "Samoyed."

Jeno's lower lip wobbled when he finally decided to open his eyes and look at his brother.

"I didn't do what I did because of you," Mark sat down on the edge of the bed and took Jeno's uninjured hand in his own. "I did it...because at the time I wasn't doing well. I was in a toxic and self blaming mindset and I felt like I couldn't handle it anymore."

Jeno wrapped his fingers around Mark's hand, his fingers going towards the pulse in his wrist.

Mark was alive.

He was right here.

"I'm proud of you, man," Mark bent down a little to peer into Jeno's downcast eyes. "I've never been prouder. I may be older than you but I look up to you so much, Jen."

"Me?" Jeno whispered in disbelief.

"Yes, you," Mark let a soft smile fall on his lips as he reached a hand forward to pet his brothers hair. "You're amazing. You are the only person I would ever call perfect. I love you so much and I would hate myself if anything ever happened to you."

"I'm sorry," Jeno looked down at his broken arm. "I know what I did was stupid and-"

"No, I'm sorry," Mark squeezed Jeno's good hand. "I shouldn't have listened to Donghyuck. I should've went down there and stopped you."

"So he did get it," Jeno whispered out with raised brows.

"Huh?" Mark tilted his head at his brother's surprised expression.

"I...I told Donghyuck to give me at least 1 half to play," Jeno thought back to when Donghyuck's eyes locked on his hands.

He knew.

"I thought he would be the only one to understand," Jeno's lip quirked up as he played with Mark's now rigid fingers. "And he did. I owe that guy so much-"

"Wait. You told him to let you play," Mark's eyes were wide as he stared at his brother.

"Yeah," Jeno's voice dropped. "I feel bad for putting him through that I have to apolo-"

Jeno was cut off when the door opened.

Jaemin walked into the room without any emotion on his face. He was carrying a duffle bag from Jeno's room and a stuffed animal.

"Hi bun-" Jeno went to say.

"Don't," Jaemin glared as he threw the duffle bag down on the floor with a loud thud. "Here's a change of clothes and your charger and stuff. Taeyong and Jaehyun are on their way."

Jaemin took the stuffed animal and shoved it into Mark's arms.

"This is for when they examine his arm and realign it," Jaemin's voice was cold and it made Mark flinch a little.

Jaemin spun on his heels and back towards the door but stopped when Jeno spoke.

"Nana, where are you going?" Jeno frowned as he looked at his lover.

"I am going to go find more considerate people," Jaemin turned around with his arms across his chest. "To find people who don't do stupid shit and make their friends and boyfriend watch them get hurt."

"Nana-"

"I am also going to go find Donghyuck," Jaemin changed the direction of his glare. "The person who I thought was our friend. The one who's been put through so much only to have his heart ripped out and thrown on the floor by the one person who made him see the love of others."

"Jaemin-"

"No," Jaemin snapped. "Neither of you even fucking think about talking to me until you get your shit together. I hate to break it to you but there are things in this world that are bigger than yourself."

Jaemin slammed the door shut and the two brothers were left stunned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 7.9K 17
donghyuck is just a good student who's asked to tutor mark, a boy with difficulties. but what will happen when mark discovers donghyuck's secret?
225K 10.5K 38
mark was a BIKER, donghyuck was a NERD. mark was almost 19, donghyuck had just turned 16. all in all, they were very different. and yet, they still f...
3.1K 226 10
Donghyuck tried his best to take care of Mark, whose mental state was deteriorating every day.
36.8K 2.5K 20
since THAT event, donghyuck defines himself as a 'psycho'. after being diagnosed with severe attachment and narcissistic personality disorders, his...