Till there was you (Fruk)

Par jelsa_fnaf_lover

With peace being the number one thing on the rise, France struggles to accept how England could be the center... Plus

A/N
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
Extra 1
A/N

25 (final)

110 10 9
Par jelsa_fnaf_lover

"So why couldn't we take a cab?"

"Because it gets crowded at a certain spot!"

"Oh? OKAY THEN..."

I continued to follow him, and he had this giant smirk. "What is with that look?" I laughed. He turned to me, still smiling, and I knew he was up to something. "Well, you only think that everyone at my place looks punk, but I will prove you wrong!" He laughed. It sounded maniacal, and it caused me to laugh. I continued to follow him, a bit confused, and we turned a corner.

He stopped me where I was, blocking my view. Arthur looked determined and even began crossing his arms. "BEHOLD! MY HOTSPOT!" He cheered. I followed his arms as he stuck them out, seeing an arched sign above him. It read, "Carnaby Street," in bold letters. I looked back down at him, confused. So... he decided to take me to a marketplace?

"Oh, don't give me that look; you haven't even seen it!"

"Arthur, what are you—"

I stopped talking as I saw a few people walking in. They were somehow the embodiment of what were the swinging sixties. The women wore colorful mini skirts and had long blonde hair and bold makeup. "See! Come on! Everyone dresses like that here!" He cheered. Arthur moved to the side so I could see through the entrance, and it was groovier than I thought it would be. His people were dressed in bright colors, the buildings were painted in bright colors, and I was able to hear some of his music blaring from a radio nearby.

Some of his people were dancing, some were talking and laughing, and others were seen through shop windows trying on flowing dresses and bell bottoms. The men wore vests and polka dots.

The hairstyles were long and wavy, some short and straight. I think it was finally processing in my brain why England was considered the capital of the swinging sixties and fashion. "How? How did all of this become so popular?" I asked, shocked. Arthur followed beside me as we walked through the entrance. Women were wearing white gogo boots, oversized white sunglasses, and headbands; I was in awe.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure..." He started. He looked around at everyone with a smile on his face. "It mostly started with some of the reform, and then I wanted to change the way I dressed, and it got popular! People wanted to wear bright colors, and then the Beatles debuted and got famous, and their style was similar to what the young people liked, and well, it was a ripple effect! I can't really explain how it happened. However, it's the seventies now, and everything has been enhanced. I'm honestly surprised myself," he laughed.

I looked around some more and could clearly hear the music playing. "I do admit...that many of the colors I wore for some time were inspired by that light blue you always wore...embarrassing, but it went with everything," he laughed. I could see his face turn a bit red, making me smile. It had been so long since I had seen him get this type of flustered.

We both continued to walk and the deeper we went in, the more bright it was. "I stayed hidden in my own bubble for a while because I didn't want anyone judging some of the things I was doing. My government legalized same-sex relations, and it was amazing for my people! They were happy! However, I knew other countries stared at me with disgust. My way of talking changed, and I picked up new slang, which surprised many. When I finally showed myself again, it was like leaving my comfort zone. Then I saw you, and well, you didn't respond to my style the way I hoped you would....but hey...I've been snarky to you, so it was expected," he spoke.

I felt bad about everything; I had constantly attacked something he loved. I really am the worst. I don't deserve his feelings, and he is too good for mine. "I'm sorry; I think I was still trying to figure things out, but I've made up my mind finally! I know what I want! However, I'm not worthy of it," I explained.

We both stopped walking, and he smiled at me. He smiled at me as if he knew. We both knew how we felt but wouldn't say it. I think both of  us were content with the thought and found comfort in the idea. "I know...but you don't have to say it. We should enjoy ourselves while we can; that is all we can do," he smiled.

It made me a bit sad; it was like we both knew we needed to ignore how we felt. Indirectly saying we needed to avoid confessing. "You know, out of all the periods I've seen you in, I think this one will forever be my favorite. I don't know how we will look twenty or thirty years from now, but I look forward to it. Let's try not to be so petty with each other this time," I smiled.

"Well, we can try, but a bit of banter may be necessary once in a while," he smiled. I nodded in acceptance, putting my hands on my hips. I looked around again, seeing his people. "If only we were them, huh?" He asked. I turned back to him, nodding in agreement. "If that were the case, I would have kept my promise when we were younger," I spoke.

The promise where I said I'd love him till the day I died.

Only death could stop the feelings I had for him.

His face looked saddened as he nodded in agreement. "Me too, but I'm happy now. I believe that recently, I've realized many things, and I want to change again. However, I can't promise that I won't be popular. I have a feeling I'm only going to get better," he smirked.

I could agree entirely with him.

He was like wine, after all, always getting better with age.

"Okay, enough chatting! You need to see the entirety of Carnaby before the sun sets! I know a few shops you'd like!" He smiled. Arthur aggressively grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly. It hurt, but I knew he was only excited to show me everything. "Okay!" I winced. The pain was making me think I should have stayed home. He was so aggressive.

Even if that was the case, I loved him. He was my ball of destruction!

Arthur and me...

We were two halves that had been separated far too long, far too many times. I hope that maybe in the future, I will live up to be worthy of his love; that way, I could give him mine for eternity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yo! Carnaby street is groovy! Check it cool!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2.9K 219 20
The physical war was over...but a new one emerged. The war of political power! It is a race between France and Britain, but against everyone else, to...
4.7K 223 16
Young England runs away from his rude brothers. Thinking he is lost, he runs into a young France who is excited to meet him. France, thinking England...
654 24 24
It is the late 19th century and tensions are rising. The King Angus must create an alliance fast but with who? His first son is destined to become ki...
2.5K 26 13
It was just another meeting with the allies and axis and of course, the meeting goes haywire but this time with a little twist. A strange figure has...