The Boss' Niece (Spencer Reid)

Mileven03011

Unless you knew Aaron Hotchner personally, you wouldn't know that Cassidy "Cassie" Marlow was his niece. Afte... Еще

1. Mistake
2. Newest member
3. Tension
4. Urges
5. Slip up
6. Control
7. A choice
8. Drunk...again
9. Feelings
10. Emotions
11. Insight
12. Cool, calm & collected
13. Free
14. Visitor
15. Breaking protocol
16. Exposed
17. Hard case
18. Almost positive ID
19. Evading capture
20. The date
21. The Chameleon
22. Spencer
23. Cassidy
24. Divided
25. Unique killer/s
26. A witness
27. Ultimate "betrayal"
28. Checking in
29. Possible lead
30. Casting doubt
31. Leading to the truth
32. Nightmares
33. Admitting the truth
34. Old enemy returns
35. George Foyet
36. The Reaper's identity
37. Targeting the Hotchners
38. Familial harm
39. Permanent damage
40. Welcome home
41. Beating the strain
42. Babysitting duty
43. No longer a Hotchner
44. Pent up anger and energy
45. Surprise
46. Wedding planning and case work
47. The purest nightmare
48. Ending the nightmare
49. Awake
50. "Single" for a night
51. Questions
52. Indefinitely
53. Imaginary monsters
54. Mr. Scratch
55. Suspension lifted
56. True intention
57. The true storm
58. Wrong side of the law
59. On their own
60. Denied
61. Cognitive
62. True unsub
63. Foes of the past/Lead on Scratch
64. In his grasp
65. Not coming back
66. Dr. and Mrs. Reid
67. Back for another case
68. Like father, like son
69. "Undercover"
70. Baby genius
71. Self doubt
73. Hired for information
74. Claims
75. Proof
76. Baby genius - boy or girl?
77. Reid is down
78. Close call
79. Bye-bye Joanne
80. New home
81. Terrified
82. So close, yet so far
83. Rescue mission
84. For their family
85. Times change
86. EPILOGUE

72. Watching me

350 5 0
Mileven03011

CASSIDY
For some reason, this case was difficult. We were dealing with an unsub that stalked their victims for 2 weeks before finally killing them.

We assumed that they were stalking them to do surveillance; see when the best time and place would be to kill them, but after further investigation, we figured out that there was no indication that the unsub had done any surveillance. There weren't any cameras or other tech that could unknowingly record. There weren't any strange sightings by neighbours. There was no indication of any suspicious behaviour.

"So, this unsub isn't stalking their victims for surveillance?" Matt asked as Tara sat down at the conference room table, exhaling.

"Nope. It seems that the unsub was just stalking their victims. When the police found the first set of bodies, they were all strewn around the house, like the whole murder wasn't planned. There was no strategy. The front door was the only door tampered with. Every person was killed differently." Emily started.

"The mother was strangled. The father was smothered. The oldest son was bashed with his own baseball bat. The youngest son was bashed over the head before being pushed down the stairs. And the daughter, she was found with her head in the bathtub, having been drowned." JJ shook her head.

"This unsub is a family annihilator and a stalker?" Derek asked, confused.

"No. The unsub has only killed 1 family. The rest of his victims have been couples. He's mainly a stalker." I explained.

After another 30 minutes of talking, we decided to take a much needed break. We wouldn't be on break for very long. Just long enough to eat, drink and restore lost energy.

Spencer and I walked to a nearby cafe, both of us feeling hungry for some baked goods. As we walked, I suddenly felt uneasy. I wasn't feeling nauseous from my pregnancy. It was more of a feeling like someone was watching us, or more specifically, me.

I had experienced this feeling before. Working for the FBI basically meant that sometimes criminals wanted revenge, and sometimes they'd act on that urge. I called it paranoia. There were days that I was paranoid, thinking that someone was following me with the intention of killing me.

But this time, it was different. It felt like someone was following me, but not with the intention of harming me. It had really started before we got on the jet, but the feeling only intensified as we headed to the cafe.

"Cassie, are you alright?" Spencer snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking." I nodded my head, trying to ignore the feeling of somebody watching me.

"What's wrong?" He asked, seeing right through my white-lie.

"I had the sudden feeling like someone was watching me. Not in the 'I intend to kill you' kinda way. More like the 'I'm investigating you' kinda way. I know I sound crazy." I exhaled.

"No. You don't sound crazy. If you think someone is following you, we can let Emily know. She'll know what to do." Spencer held my hand, supporting me. At this time, I was certainly glad that he was not only my best friend, but my husband as well.

"Thank you. We should probably head back to the station." I noted, exhaling.

"Yeah. I think you'll feel more at ease with our team and the cops around." Spencer smiled, holding my hand as we paid for our food before we started heading back.

"I feel stupid. I'm an FBI Agent who deals with the worst of the worst criminals, and yet, I'm worried about the possibility of someone watching me." I rolled my eyes.

"You're not stupid, Cassidy. I think it's just your motherly instinct. Now that you're pregnant, you're in 'mama bear' mode, for lack of a better term." Spencer smiled, placing a kiss on my forehead.

———
(At The Station)

As Spencer suggested, the moment we got back to the station, I told Emily about my feeling. She understood and contacted Penelope, hoping that if someone was really watching me, maybe Penelope could figure out who and why. We all knew that Penelope was a mastermind, so hopefully the case plus this extra bit of work wouldn't be to difficult for her. All I hoped for was the possibility that my feeling wasn't true.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

803K 10.3K 29
A one night stand with Spencer Reid leads to so much more. i do not own spencer reid, emily prentiss, aaron hotchner, jennifer jareau, derek morgan...
Better days (JJxOC) ✨jemily✨

Любовные романы

5.1K 141 23
Maya Prentiss is Emily's little sister. She was a caring person with a big heart but the world can be cruel so now she hides that under sarcastic com...
Revenge. angel

Фанфик

527 15 21
CRIMINAL MINDS members of the BAU - Aaron Hotchner, David Rossi, Derek Morgan, Penelope Garcia, Spencer Reid, Emily Prentiss, and Jennifer Jareau - h...
5.5K 36 17
Oneshots of the Criminal Minds characters. These one-shots will have made-up characters for each chapter - I'm kind of uncomfortable writing Y/N-base...