Uta's Idol.

By TanijiroOdd

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!! PLEASE DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'RE READY FOR SPOILERS REGARDING ONE PIECE FILM RED OR ANY F... More

I'm Uta.
Luffy and Uta.
Pirate Training.
Bink's Sake.
First Disaster.
Our Dreams and a New Genesis.
A Tour Before Departure.
I'll Get Stronger! Uta Starts Training.
The Power Of Observation Haki.
Elegia: The Island of Music
Concert Of A Lifetime.
Demon's Awakening.
Disownment.
Uta And The Five Stages.
The Sing Sing Fruit's Secret, the History of Tot Musica.
Uta's First Concert.
A Family Reunion.
Uta vs The Gale Pirates.
Uta Makes Her First Single.
'Diva' Red And The Ones Who'll Support Her.
Q&A Chapter!
A Change In The World.
Traveling Across The East Blue.
Return to Windmill Village.
The Rising Star of the East Blue 'Straw Hat' Luffy!
I'M THE MAN WHO'LL BECOME THE PIRATE KING!
It's BACKLIGHT!
Uta and the Grand Line.
Q&A Chapter + OC Profiles!
Uta And Ace.
'Fire Fist' Ace vs 'Diva' Red.
Until Next Time!
Welcome To The Caledon Kingdom.
'Massacre Dancer' Rave.
All, But A Fleeting Lullaby.
Across The World.
Concert At Sabaody.
Uta's Date at Sabaody Park?
Save The Mermaid, Camie!
Q&A Chapter + Fun Facts!
Pandemonium In The Auction House!
Silvers Raleigh, The Straw Hat Pirates, And Uta.
Section Leaders Take Action!
Cruel Separation.
Ace's Fate And Truths Unfolded.
Countdown Towards The War Of The Best.
Witnessing The War Of The Best.
Death And Despair.
Save Luffy! Rayleigh and Uta Depart.
We're Finally Reunited.
My Message.
Return To Marineford. (1 year Anniversary! Please Read 'Thank You' Comment!)
Q&A Chapter + Fanart Gallery!
Learning The Way of Haki In The Island of Rusukaina.
A Spar Ten Years In The Making. Uta vs Luffy!
Last Day On Rusukainu.
The Volour Family.
Returning to Elegia.
Man of Science, Dr. Vegapunk.
'Diva' Red the Live Streamer.
The Sing Sing Fruit's Dark Secret.
Tension In Elegia.
Uta vs Abell! A Battle for Leadership.
Uta's Plan. Revive The Demon King of Songs!
The Dark Summoning.
Demon's Reawakening.
The Power Of The 'Demon King of Songs'.
'Demonic Diva' Uta Musica.

You're My Idol, Now and Forever.

1.3K 48 4
By TanijiroOdd

I'm sorry that the chapter came late. I honestly never meant to go on hiatus, but October has been very busy for me with work, appointments, figuring out how to set up my Twitch and practice streaming. Due to my closed schedule, I'm not so sure if chapters will be published two weeks or weekly, but just letting you all now ahead of time. The conclusion of Uta and Luffy's 'fight' along with some heavy Luuta moments that you don't want to miss! Will this be the moment where Luffy will understand what love is or will Uta be left in the friend zone? I don't own One Piece.

"Are you ready Luffy? Until you manage to awaken your haki, I won't stop attacking."

"That's just how I like it."

In the island of Rusukaina, a place void of human life, a battle between two childhood friends takes place. Standing before each other, quite exhausted from fighting, is Luffy and Uta. In order to teach Luffy how observation and armament haki works, Uta has challenged a duel between her and Luffy. The young pirate has proven himself a worthy fighter capable of holding his own against haki users as well as understanding how it works, but the question is if he can use it now that he knows the mechanics behind it. To make it more interesting, the two have decided to make a bet after Luffy accidentally kissed Uta in the middle of battle. Regardless if Luffy is able to awaken his haki, if Uta beats Luffy, she gets to do over her kiss, but if Luffy wins, Uta will have to sing for him.

"Alright you two, get ready." Rayleigh said, raising his hand. "Remember, the goal is for Luffy to awaken his haki. Try not to kill each other in the process."

"I am going at him at level five, so I don't think going easy will be a simple task." Uta said smiling. "You don't want me to go easy on you, do you Luffy?"

Luffy slams his fist into his palm and cracks his knuckles. He then looks at Uta and smiles.

"Going easy?" Luffy asks with a chuckle. "I didn't fight you as hard as I did just for you to go easy on me now. Back when we were kids, you never held back and there's no reason for you to start now!"

Uta twirls her spear around and points it at Luffy. She then thinks back to all of the times she and Luffy fought together as kids calling it 'Pirate Training'. She would never have imagined that she would have to do this again. No, not again. This is real training. Not the same half ass stunts she and Luffy did when they were kids. This training where you can only go all out to get stronger. Uta can feel Luffy changing as they fight. Every hit was stronger than the last and his movements were getting faster. However, even Uta can tell that Luffy is not at her level. Then again, she wouldn't be training him if he was. If he wants to be Pirate King, learning haki is a must.

"Before we start, let me remind you something Luffy." Uta said as she twirls her spear around. "In all my life, when going all out in a fight, only one person managed to defeat me. That man was none other than your brother, Ace."

Luffy froze for a moment, but didn't lose composure at the sound of his brother's name. Uta has told Luffy that she had met Ace back when they were talking together in Amazon Lily and that they fought. He was also told that Ace won the fight between the two, although it wasn't very one sided.

"Thinking back on it, that fight was actually about you." Uta chuckles as she thinks back to that memorable day.

"Huh? Why?" Luffy asks.

"Let's not worry about the details, right?" Uta asks, blushing a bit, before putting on a serious face. "The last thing he told me was not to let you out of my grasp, but I failed when we separated back at Sabaody."

"Hey, it's not your fault!" Luffy said. "I was too weak to fend for myself and save my crew, if anyone should apologize..."

Uta raises her hand stopping Luffy from speaking.

"We're not here to get sorry for each other's weakness, but to make up for it." Uta said after lowering her hand. "In order for you to not feel that way ever again, I'll help you in getting stronger."

"Yeah, cause you are a strong diva." Luffy said confidently.

Uta smiles from Luffy's praise, but her eyes then narrow and she tilts her spear towards Luffy.

"Flatter me as much as you like, but remember, you're facing me at full power." Uta reminds Luffy. "Just like how Shanks and the other Red Haired Pirates taught me haki and didn't hold back, I'll take from what I learned from them and teach it to you."

I can't help him with much, but with my guidance, I can still make Luffy stronger if just a little bit. Uta thought as she thinks back to when they were younger. That's how it's always been, because Luffy is...

Luffy nods and takes a fighting stance and in return, Uta does the same.

Luffy is my idol.

"The easiest way to learn is through pain." Uta said. "Come at me, 'Straw Hat' Monkey D. Luffy!"

Luffy runs towards Uta and starts off with a series of rapid fire punches. Uta simply swings her body from side to side to avoid each punch and then Luffy follows up with a swing of his leg for which Uta blocks with her spear. However, the attack was still strong enough to lift her off the ground. Uta, while midair, raises her spear and thrusts it towards Luffy.

"Diva Dart!"

The pirate dodges her attack by ducking and Uta's spear pierces the ground.

"Are you trying to kill me?" Luffy asks as he catches his breath.

"I was just going to graze you." Uta said innocently. "But, if you want to keep moving around, I might miss."

Uta then spins her spear around and jabs it towards Luffy wildly.

"Diva Dart: Demolish!" Uta yells as she continues to attack Luffy with an onslaught of spear thrusts.

Luffy dodges and ducks the majority of Uta's attacks, but would occasionally get grazed or his clothes would get sliced. What made Luffy mad was that Uta was still going easy on him, despite her words from before. After all, stabbing Luffy would be a bit too much, but the danger of getting stabbed at all is still imminent. Luffy then makes a gamble and stays still. Uta was taken aback by Luffy's change in tactics and stop mid attack. Rayleigh lets out a disappointed sigh.

"What's wrong? Scared you will hit me?" Luffy asks as he faces the spear with a smile on his face. "You're not going to stab me."

Luffy then grabs Uta's mic spear and holds it tightly. Uta tries to push and pull her weapon, but Luffy's grip was too strong.

"Cheeky bastard." Uta growls. "Don't push your luck."

Then, Uta raises her leg and kicks Luffy in the stomach which sends him flying into one of the jungle trees. Uta blushes furiously as she can't believe Luffy would call her out like that. It was a stab to her pride. The diva kicks off the ground causing it to crack and hurls herself towards Luffy. Uta raises her leg up and hardens it with haki and Luffy looks up to observe cautiously. Uta glares at Luffy and falls towards the ground spinning with her leg stretched out. Luffy's eyes widen as he gets a flashback.

"That's just like..."

~

Concasser!

~

Luffy quickly snaps back to reality as Uta begins to fall closer and closer towards him.

"Uta Clamorous Kick!"

Uta's foot barely grazes Luffy's cheek and when it hits the ground, there is an explosion of rock and dirt which forces the young pirate to retreat. Luffy was shocked at how far down her foot was into the ground. Uta then grabs her spear and hits Luffy with the end of it multiple times before knocking him back with a kick. The diva then raises her spear above her head, Luffy sensing that whatever Uta was going to do will do more than just a scratch, begins to run. Uta jumps off the ground and swings her spear towards the direction of where Luffy was running thanks to her observation haki.

"Diva Divot: Dicer!"

~

One Hundred and Eight Caliber Phoenix!

~

Luffy watches as a blue stream of wind comes towards him at blinding speed.

"It's like that attack Zoro uses!" Luffy said as he frantically ran from the attack.

Uta's flying slash cuts through the ground and Luffy, seeing the damage done, dives to the side to dodge the attack. Uta's attack ends up shattering a boulder by the end, shocking Luffy. The pirate has seen Uta fight back at the Sabaody and is shocked at how much stronger her attacks are from before. It was even harder to believe Uta could do what Zoro can with a sword, but with a spear.

"Gum Gum Pistol!" Luffy yells as he throws a punch towards Uta.

The diva dodges his punch and several more of his attempts and runs towards him. Luffy then tries his Gum Gum Gatling attacking and the diva avoids it by cartwheeling and side stepping around his arms. Once Uta gets close to she jumps high in the air spinning and she hardens her fist with armament haki. Luffy looks up and is shocked to see black lightning like streaks being emitted from Uta's fist. Even Rayleigh was shocked.

"Uta is also getting stronger as she fights Luffy." Rayleigh said to himself. "To see the power of her armament haki increase in such a short time, is nothing less than incredible."

"If that hits me, I might not recover." Luffy screams, sweating nervously.

Luffy raises his arms up as he tries to block Uta's attack rather than dodging and Uta clenches her fist tightly as she falls towards Luffy. Uta then punches Luffy in the face, avoiding his arms, and as she makes contact with him, a blast of black lightning is shot out from her fist. The pain that this punch has brought Luffy made him remember something from not too long ago.

This punch is like...

~

There's no way anyone can escape the Fist of Love!

~

"Uta Blaring Punch!"

WHA-BAM!

The sound of the impact echoed throughout the jungle and was enough to make Rayleigh wince. Uta's fist sinks into Luffy's face and the back of his head slams into the ground causing it to crack and shatter. Luffy screams as he rolls around the ground holding his face in pain. Uta looks at her hand in shock as she never landed such a strong punch and she can sense her haki strongly emitting from her hand. She then remembered the haki Rayleigh used back at Sabaody and recognized it as the same.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!" Luffy screams as he clutches his face. "That punch was nothing like before! What gives?!"

Amazing. Uta thought. With this haki, maybe I can face...

"Damn it, that hurts! It's like getting punched by grandpa!" Luffy groans.

The diva looks at Luffy who gets up and wipes off the blood from his nose and mouth. It looks like he has finally recovered and Uta needs to put the pressure on Luffy. Not that he shouldn't be feeling any at the moment.

"You have yet to understand haki fully, so let me remind you how to imagine how each one works." Uta said facing Luffy. "Observation haki is to sense that invisible enemy and armament is to imagine invisible armor. Use your imagination and instincts to awaken this hidden power."

Uta runs towards Luffy and begins to punch and kick at him. Luffy gets hit the first few times, but eventually begins to dodge Uta's attacks.

"How do I sense the invisible?" Luffy asks as he tiredly dodge Uta's attacks. "How can I see or create something that's not?"

"One of the key factors is both imagination and emotion." Uta said. "Don't try to force haki. Let it come to you. Be calm and feel it."

The process is easier said than done as Uta continues to attack Luffy, but Luffy wasn't one to give up and takes in some deep breaths in an attempt to calm himself down. The result was getting blown away after getting kicked in the stomach. Uta runs close to make sure Luffy avoids recovering and prepares to swing her spear.

"Diva Divine!"

"Gum Gum Whip!"

Just as Uta was about to strike Luffy, the pirate counters by swinging his leg against her spear causing the two to clash. Uta and Luffy try to force each other back as they grind weapons and foot against each other.

"Gum Gum..."

Uta's eye widens as Luffy stretches his arms and grabs her shoulders. Uta pushes Luffy back with her spear, but his grip on her shoulders was too strong and she was unable to make him release his hold. Luffy begins to spin towards Uta and the diva hardens her forehead as Luffy spins closer towards her.

"Buzzsaw!"

Uta and Luffy clash heads with each other, but despite Uta's haki, Luffy overwhelmed her with his attack and knocked her into the ground. Uta groans in pain and holds her head in pain. Luffy raises his leg in the air and brings it down in hopes of striking Uta, but she manages to recover and dodge.

This isn't looking good for me. Uta thought as she looked at Luffy angrily. He's matching my haki with brute strength and is countering my attacks. His ability to adapt in the midst of battle is amazing. At this rate, being able to use haki will come to him in no time, but that's a good thing.

Uta jumps forward and hardens her fists.

"Uta..."

"Gum Gum Balloon!"

Rather than dodging or blocking Uta's incoming Luffy counters her with an overwhelming attack that she couldn't defend. Uta's body bounces off Luffy's belly and struggles to get her balance back. Luffy then twists his body and blows all the air out of him spinning towards Uta. The diva glares at Luffy and jumps off the air and goes towards him.

"Gum Gum Storm!"

"Uta Onslaught!"

Uta and Luffy punch at each other, clashing fist and fist. Eventually, Luffy's attack begins to overwhelm Uta and rather than fight with her fists, she goes off and dodges all of the pirate's incoming punches. Uta grips her spear and let's loose a flying slash which pierces his side. Luffy twirls around and throws a punch for which Uta dodges with a swipes of her neck. However, the punch did graze her cheek, something she didn't expect. Uta glares at Luffy who's holding his side in pain.

"Clearly you're starting to surpass me in terms of strength and your reflexes have improved." Uta compliments. "However, you have yet to use haki and that won't do."

"If I close my eyes and focus, I would just get attacked." Luffy complains. "Plus, how am I supposed to imagine armor on myself?"

"Try and find out." Uta said, smirking. "Let's start with understanding observation haki. The best way is to avoid using your eyes to sense and just try and feel or predict. Use whatever you can. Sound, touch, instincts, do whatever it takes to dodge my punches and kicks."

Luffy didn't like the idea, but he closed his eyes and focused. He decides to follow Uta's suggestion and begins to listen to where she is. Luffy then dodges, but he takes some hits to the body. Luffy then uses this to predict where Uta could be. At least, that's what he's trying to do. As Luffy closes his eyes, Uta relentlessly punches and kicks. Luffy then begins to bleed profoundly and his eyes roll over white.

"I'm sorry, Luffy, but it looks like this is the end. At the speed I will go, there is no way you can dodge my attack." Uta said as she jumps in the air and hardens her leg with armament haki. "Uta..."

I can feel something coming.

"...Clamorous..."

It's coming from above. Maybe a bit towards my right?

"...Kick!"

BAM!

Uta's eyes shot open and he quickly side steps barely dodging Uta's attack as she shatters the ground for where Luffy was standing. The diva looks at Luffy shocked at how the pirate was able to dodge her attack. Luffy then stretches out his arm and closes his fist tightly. As he does so, steam emits from his body as the blood in his arm bounces back and forth unknowingly activating Second Gear.

"Gum Gum Bullet!"

Uta hardens her mid region seeing as she dodge after missing her attack and Luffy strikes her stomach hard enough to break her defenses and cough blood. Luffy roars as he sends Uta flying and sending her into a tree shattering the trunk. Luffy wheezes as he looks at his fist in shock. He never expected to activate Second Gear in time with his punch. Not only that, but the feeling of understanding haki.

"Diva Divot: Divulse!"

A sudden burst of flying slashes came forth from the rubble forcing Luffy to dodge frantically and then begin to run away. Uta jumps up from the rubble and swings her spear above her head. She then jumps off air and swings her spear towards Luffy before hardening it with haki. Luffy turns around and stretches both of his arms back and repeats the process of activating Second Gear.

...Imagine it...

"Diva Divine..."

"Gum Gum..."

...I can do it...

Luffy swung his arms forward with great speed while Uta swung her spear down with all her might.

"Divulge!"

"Jet Bazooka!"

...Come out invisible armor!

BOOM! CRACK! CRACK!

The two attacks collided resulting in the two's conqueror's haki to collide, but more importantly, Luffy's hands were able to block Uta's spear attack which pleased her. He's using armament haki. As the two try to force each other away, nearby wildlife begins to faint one by one from the combination of the two's haki. Sparks fly as the two separate. Rayleigh was a bit concerned that Uta was going too hard on Luffy, but when he looked at their faces, he was astonished. Luffy and Uta were smiling from ear to ear. He then gets a flashback of his time as a pirate many decades ago. That smile they had was almost the spitting image of his captain back when he would fight a dangerous foe.

"Hey, you really did it." Uta laughs as she tries and overpowers Luffy. "You have instinctively managed to use all three types of haki."

"Not going to lie, it feels good." Luffy grunts as he tries to force his friend back. "Although, I still don't understand how it works."

WOOSH!

Both Luffy and Uta were knocked back as both of their attacks seem to be equal. Uta's superior haki against Luffy's strength seems to have been enough to cancel out their attacks. Both are breathing rather heavily, but Luffy has taken more damage in comparison to the two. Not only that, but his use of haki has drained his stamina even more. However, despite this, he is not ready to give up. Not when he was so close to understanding what haki is.

"Regardless of the outcome, there is no doubt that you are now capable of using haki." Uta said proudly. "That being said, should we stop here?"

"Of course not!" Luffy yells. "I'm fighting until I beat you!"

Uta was shocked and smiled happily. Rayleigh bursts out laughing in response to Luffy's answer.

"I see." Uta said blushing happily as she retracted the blades in her mic. "Then, I will continue to give you my all in return."

She then taps her mic and takes in a few deep breaths confusing Luffy.

"Luffy, you have done well to go against me so far, but we have gone past the time of training." Uta said. "Now, try and defeat me. Think you can do it?"

"If I need to beat people that are just as strong as you, then I need to try and surpass you!" Luffy said, putting up his fists. "This spar will end in my victory!"

"I accept your challenge!" Uta yells loudly. "You may have gotten stronger, but not strong enough to defeat me yet!"

Uta puts the mic up to her mic and begins to speak in it.

Taking in the weakness as my ally,
Will get me higher than anyone could think to fly.

"She's singing." Luffy said, looking at her in awe.

Can't linger here because whatever's lost.
Cannot regain their spark, you've got to be strong, you must move on.

Uta then clicks the side of her headset and all of the sudden, music begins to play and Uta smiles happily. As Uta sings, Luffy can feel this strange sense of new strength growing inside of him.

But there are times when I just cannot find you.
Just like my heart, you drift into the darkness of the night.

Luffy, for some reason, felt as if Uta was different. She gave off an aura that he can only describe as strong. Soon, he couldn't hold back and ran towards Uta swinging his arm.

Can feel your kindness or your strength no more,
So what to do, still gotta find you, and bring back the light.

"Gum Gum..."

And now I'm sure...

"Uta..."

I know...

"Rifle!"

"Punch!"

The break of dawn is where I'll go!

The pair clash fists and their conqueror's haki erupt from their bodies. The two then zip across the battlefield attacking each other with fist and foot.

For the highest point is what I will seek!
Running through, never stopping on the way to The Peak, yeah!

As they fight, Luffy manages to get behind Uta and strike her with his leg, but she blocks and tries to punch him in response. However, the pirate dodges much to the diva's surprise.

Even though you're numb, you can't help but laugh!
'cause it looks like all the pain you felt before is in the past, it seems.

Uta tries a barrage of punches as she sings, but Luffy counters by doing the same. So Uta jumps behind him and kicks his back. As Luffy rockets away from Uta, he uses his foot to latch onto a tree and begins to stretch and spin in place.

Here I stand, I'm ready to face the world!

"Gum Gum UFO!"

Uta raises her arms and hardens it with haki as Luffy's legs clash into Uta. The spinning momentum from Luffy's attack was too great for Uta and singing while fighting the boy proves to be more harder than she thought.

Doesn't matter if my legs are quivering, my flag's unfurled, yeah!

Uta runs around Luffy and swings her mic around and hardens it with haki. She then uses the blunt end to smack Luffy on the temple and knock him into the ground.

For the highest point is what I will seek. Running through, never stopping on the way to The Peak, yeah!

Just as Luffy hits the ground, he bounces back up yelling angrily.

Even though you're numb, you can't help but laugh!
'cause it looks like all the pain you felt before is in the past, it seems.

"All that singing and you're still strong as hell!" Luffy laughs as he activates Second Gear. "As expected from the strongest diva! Try and dodge my Gum Gum Jet Stamp Gatling!"

Here I stand, I'm ready to face the world.
Doesn't matter if my legs are quivering, my flag's unfurled, yeah!

With the aid of her haki, Uta skillfully dodges Luffy's kicks while singing. Despite her quickness, she can feel her stamina withering faster than she expected.

I 'll keep on going, just a little bit more' cause the moment of awakening, I feel it in my core, right now.

"Gum Gum Jet Spear!"

The diva's eyes widen and she coughs out blood as Luffy's feet strike her stomach. Despite the struggle to stay on her feet, Uta was finally knocked back and tumbles across the ground, but was nowhere out of energy. However, she can feel her haki weaken and can tell that the battle is coming to an end.

It's the time of resurrection, yeah I feel it in my core, right now.

"Hey, Uta." Luffy said happily. "I'm glad I got to fight you and I wish I can do this forever."

"Yeah. I feel the same." Uta said, smiling warmly. "But we need to wrap this up."

Luffy sticks his thumb out and bites it.

"Third gear!" Luffy yells as he puffs air into his thumb. "Bone Balloon!"

Uta smiles happily and her eyes dilate evilly. She then raises her arms in the air and hardens them with haki.

It's the time of resurrection, yeah I feel it in my core, right now!

The two jump into the air with their fists raised towards each other.

Should I take that head on? Uta wonders as Luffy's fist approaches her. If I do, there's no telling if I will stay on my feet afterwards.

"Gum Gum Giant Pistol!"

"Uta Blaring Punch!"

KAH-BAM!

Uta and Luffy smash their fists into each other causing a giant shockwave. Luffy overpowers Uta's attack and his knuckles slam into Uta. Blood flies from the diva's mouth and nose as she feels the impact of her friend's fist into his body. The diva's senses remain despite the hit she has taken. Uta then performs a maneuver surprising Luffy and Rayleigh, she then flips over his fist and tumble across Luffy's enlarged arm. Uta rolls close to him and outstretches her leg and hardens it with haki. Luffy's eyes widen with horror as Uta brings her foot down on him in slow motion.

"Uta Clamorous Kick!"

WHA-CRACK!

Uta's foot slams on top of Luffy's temple and a burst of lighting erupted from her foot. Luffy's eyes roll back into his skulls and all the air that was stored inside of him is released out of him from his mouth. Luffy flies across the jungle and shrinks as he does so, surprising Uta. Luffy then hits the ground and makes him bleed from the mouth and nose. Uta walks over breathing heavily and looks at Luffy, shrunken and unconscious. Uta lets out a sigh of relief seeing as Luffy isn't too badly hurt and falls to her knees exhausted, dropping her mic spear in the process. In the end, despite managing to learn haki, Luffy lost the duel against Uta.

"Wow, I don't even have the strength to raise my arms and do my signature 'I win' pose." Uta laughs weakly. "In the end, you were a force to be reckoned with."

She then watches Luffy's body grow back to his normal size and couldn't help, but find his rubbery power hilarious. Rayleigh walks over to see the two and chuckles.

"I'll admit, I had my doubts about this plan of yours, but it seems to have worked a lot faster than I thought." Rayleigh said. "You got stronger too, by fighting Luffy and allowing him to push you to your own limits."

"That part wasn't my intention and I'm honestly surprised." Uta said, letting out a heavy sigh. "I never thought Luffy would be enough to make me go as far as I did."

"It was a good learning experience for both of you, but I think now is a good time to get a day's worth of rest."

"Yeah, I'll bring Luffy to rest near that white tree." Uta said as she gathered the strength to stand.

"Take all the time you need for the day." Rayleigh said, walking away. "After today, I doubt you will be training with Luffy, right?"

Uta simply nods as she can safely assume that her friends would be coming to pick her up soon. Abell wouldn't let her off the hook that easily and can only imagine how angry she will be once she gets her. Uta lets out a sad sigh and lifts up Luffy on her shoulders and walks back to the tree where Rayleigh claims is the only safe place on the island. Uta looks ahead to see that it will be an uphill climb and lets out an annoyed grunt and begins to walk.

"...mmm...huh?!"

BONK!

"Ow!"

Luffy gets up suddenly and raises his head fast only to knock it against Uta's. Apparently, Uta was letting Luffy sleep on her lap and was watching over him for the past hour or so.

"Damn it...that wasn't supposed to happen..." Uta groans as she rubs her head.

"Yeah, sorry." Luffy said casually lowering his head into Uta's lap making the diva blush a bit.

It was already pretty late as Luffy notices the sun setting through the jungle underbrush. This moment between him and Uta brought back nostalgia.

"Shihihi...this really takes me back." Luffy said. "You know, back when we were kids."

"You're right it does." Uta said, smiling warmly. "After we did all those silly games and competitions, I would let you lay on my lap just like this. Hard to believe it's been ten years."

"It really has been that long." Luffy said as he got comfortable. "Kinda hard to believe since we've been seeing each other pretty recently."

"You say that, but we were mostly strangers during those times." Uta chuckles. "Or at least, I was trying to be."

Luffy and Uta take in a moment of silence and listen to the sound of the jungle.

"So...do I have to...uh..." Luffy grumbles breaking the silence.

"Don't...don't worry about that!" Uta said, turning red. "You managed to use haki so you don't have to do...the kiss thing..."

"...I see..." Luffy said avoiding eye contact with Uta. "I'm...relieved."

"I bet you are." Uta said, slightly upset from Luffy's reaction. "A deal's a deal though."

"...If a deal's a deal, then will you sing for me?" Luffy asks, looking up at Uta.

Uta looks at Luffy and smiles happily.

"Of course. What would you like to hear?" Uta asks softly as she caresses Luffy's hair.

"You know, that one." Luffy answers blushing a bit. "I really miss the way you sang that song."

"What a charmer." Uta giggles. "You know, it's funny. When I lost to Ace, he made the same bet. That I had to sing a song for him."

"Really?" Luffy asked, surprised.

"Yeah. Not only that, but he wanted me to sing the same song you wanted." Uta adds chuckling softly. "In the end, you two couldn't be more alike in taste of music."

"I'm glad." Luffy said smiling. "I'm happy he got to hear you sing my favorite song."

"I am too." Uta said. "It took me a few years too many, but I think I've finally completed the song. Please listen."

Luffy nods and closes his eyes as Uta begins to hum a tune. Luffy then heard the sound of a piano and could only assume that it was Uta's powers.

Where did it come from?
Where could this wind be taking us?
I look up to the sky hoping for answers,
But there's no reply.

Where will it end up?
This song that I've been a vessel for?
I look within knowing I'll find the answer
Even on my own.

Luffy begins to think back on his childhood. Not only about him and Uta, but of late brothers for which he lived with. He can see him changing after his brothers and next to his side Uta. It was a fantasy that was no less than a perfect childhood. Listening to Uta brought tears to Luffy's eyes.

Let's row out to the open sea
Far as we can go...
To the unknown...

Uta rubs her friend's head affectionately calming him down.

I've got to keep on dreaming.
No surrendering, go on!
Hoist the sail inside my open heart
And let me heed the call of the sea.

I've got to keep on singing.
Until you feel it, just hold on!
Oh, the winds will change, I promisе you.
My voice will see us through to the end.

Luffy opens his eyes slowly to see Uta and seeing her sing with the starry night above her was enchanting. It was then did he feel something indescribable, it's as if seeing Uta singing to him like when she did as children struck something in him.

All of us sеarching,
Trying to find our happiness.
Our hands reach out, and all we find is pain
Still we must try again.

"Uta." Luffy whispers not sure if Uta could hear him. "I don't know if I understand what love is back at Amazon Lily..."

What if that sorrow
Becomes the strength that we're lookin' for?
Then we can weather any storm that comes
Ready for what's in store.

"I do know that you are the one I look up to." Luffy continues. "You are my best friend and someone who I can't imagine living without. Your always there when I need you the most no matter where you are and nothing I do will show you how."

When all is said and done
I hope that we will meet again....
At the ending...

"I don't know if that is 'love', but it's definitely a feeling I only have around you." Luffy adds as he listens to Uta sings. "I just wanted to let you know that."

Let me keep on living this waking dream.
There's no waking me, let's dream on!
I see something far ahead of me,
A path that's waiting for me just beyond.

I'll always be here singing.
Until you feel it, just hold on!
Oh, my voice will be the wind that fills
Your sails so you can still carry on...

"That's why you are my idol." Luffy concludes as he begins to fall asleep. "Uta...I...never mind."

Uta looks at Luffy and blushes heavily. She couldn't believe what she heard Luffy and she can't stop smiling. However, she knew Luffy was still confused on his feelings and it's better than to let him rest. The music playing grows and Uta smiles warmly.

I've got to keep on dreaming!
Never surrendering, go on!

...No, Luffy...

Oh, and even if I disappear,
My song will still ring out for you to hear!

...It's not you who should be thanking me...

I've got to keep on singing!
Want you to feel it, just hold on!

...It's you who saved me...

Oh, the winds will change, I promise you!
My voice will see us through to the end...

Uta sighs after she finishes singing and leans in close to see Luffy fast asleep.

"You don't know how much I love you Luffy. No amount of words can describe my feelings." Uta whispers. "It doesn't have to be now, in a month, year, or longer, I'll wait however long it takes for you to return my feelings."

Uta then bends down closer to Luffy and kisses him. After a few seconds she parts her lips from his and is relieved to see that he is fast asleep.

"The only person I'll love is you, Luffy." Uta whispers to Luffy. "Because you are my idol, now and forever."

Well, damn, our diva did it! I hope this chapter will make up for the agonizing wait the majority of you have faced. Again, I'm sorry for the unwarranted hiatus and will try to do better. That being said expect the next chapter to be over n at least two weeks. As much as I love to write this fic, I do have other priorities at the moment. Also, just in case it has become confusing, Uta does not know advanced conqueror's haki. What she used during her fight with Luffy was was a higher grade of armament haki. Anyways, thank you all for reading and I hope you forgive me for the unnecessary wait. Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 424 18
Being Red hair's childhood lover, Y/n and shanks parted ways soon after roger pirates disbanded, making Y/n join the whitebeard pirates, what will ha...
2.1K 70 11
Started: Aug 24, 2023- ? You are a strong young woman who ate a dog devil fruit and wants to travel the Grandline. Wanting adventure, looking for lov...
23.9K 637 31
When the Roger pirates find a barrel which they assume is filled with sake and food, they where in a hell of a shock when they found a little girl hu...
60.4K 2.3K 62
(completed) From tagging buildings, parkouring, late-night skateboarding, gymnastics, competitive dancing to much, much more, Miya Atsumu just wants...