The Other Halfa

By Vigilante24

What if Danny wasn't the only Halfa? How would the story unfold? Angelina (Lina) Fenton is adopted and offici... More

Prologue
I. Lives Change After Such Accident
II. Ghost Lunch Lady
III. Attack of the Meat-Monster
IV. Meat-Monster VS Halfa-Kids, part 1
V. Meat-Monster VS Halfa-Kids, part 2
VII. Unexpected Prom Dates
VIII. An Eventful Prom Night
IX. Failed Biology Test
X. Skulker: The Hunter
XI. Ghost-Kids vs Skulker, Round 1
XII. Ghost-Kids vs Skulker, Round 2
XIII. The 'In' Crowd
XIV. Yard-Sale & Movie-Marathon Night
XV. Here Comes Technus
XVI. Family Trip
XVII. Vlad Masters
XVIII. Meet Plasmius
XIX. Reunion Under Attack
XX. Divorce?!
XXI. Under Arrest
XXII. Ghost Prison
XXIII. The Enemy of my Enemy, is my Friend
XXIV. Revenge is a dish best served Cold
XXV. The Return of the Ghost Warden: Walker
XXVI. Chased
XXVII. Walker's True Plan
XXVIII. The Aftermath of the Battle
XXIX. Training & Bonding between Father & Daughter

VI. Ghost-Dragon

26 0 0
By Vigilante24

Fenton Works basement

Jack was sitting down on a stool, wearing a soda hat and a fishing vest, sipping his soda. In his arms, he had a glowing-white fishing line,w which he cast into the open Ghost Portal.

Danny and Lina came down the stairs, having just returned from school and wanting to check on the portal. Since it was open, any ghost could escape and they felt better keeping an eye on it, now that they had slowly started to get a hang of their powers but also their purpose in life.

Dropping their backpacks on the floor, they noticed Jack and exchanged a look before they walked up behind him.

"Hey, Dad. What are you doing?" Danny asked.

"Danny, keep it down. You'll scare away the ghosts. *Points to his fishing pole* It's the Fenton Ghost Fisher. I'm fishing for ghosts" Jack said as if it was obvious.

"Come again?" Lina asked as Jack stopped reeling and stretched out the line a bit.

"Check out this line. Coated with a special high-test ectoplasmic resin that ghosts can't break. Quiet now. Don't wanna spook 'em" He recast the line and sipped his soda. Suddenly, his stomach rumbled, giving everyone a very loud message. "Whoa! That soda goes right through you like Sherman through Georgia. *gives the Fenton Fisher to Danny* Here! Hang on to this. I'll be right back after I use the Fenton Urinal. *Goes upstairs*"

Lina let out a sigh, still not used to how Jack named almost every invention after him; even though he did not invent it. He looked at her adopted brother when the fishing line suddenly reeled out further into the portal and became taut. 

Danny's and Lina's ghost senses went off, indicating only one thing and it was far from being good.

"Oh no," they exclaimed together, feeling the line being pulled by something from the other side of the portal.

Lina wasted no time to position herself behind Danny and help him strain and keep a hold of the Fenton Fisher against the resistance. Not long after, though, the line broke. 

A blue ghost dragon emerged from the portal, the line hanging from her mouth. She roared and the line's broken ended up smacking Danny in the face.

"Da-?" he stuttered, unable to finish a sentence as he looked with wide eyes at the huge beast; suddenly unable to move or think.

"I want to go!" the dragon said in a female voice.

D-ahhh! *gets slapped on the back of the head by Lina* Dragon!" he shouted and ran away, leaving her alone.

"Chicken," she said as she went ghost, not in the mood to deal with it but having no other choice.

Unlike Danny, she had just accepted the facts and nothing truly scared her off. After what happened to them and their first fights with ghosts, she was not truly surprised by what would come next.

The Dragon did not seem to want her or did not notice her. Instead, her attention landed on a runaway Danny before she grabbed him in her clawed huge fist. "I have to go!" she repeated.

"You'll have to stand in line behind my dad. In the meantime..." he said and went ghost as well, remembering he had powers and he could use them.

Danny became a blue ghostly mist to escape the fist and reformed while Lina grabbed the chance and punched the dragon's jaw, causing her to stumble back. The She-Dragon was not pleased as she snapped back and growled before trying to hit the female halfa, but she missed since Lina was faster.

Danny tried to attack but she saw him and tried to hit him with her other claw, and yet he also dodged. Getting annoyed, the dragon breathed green fire at the duo, but they managed to dodge it as well, having gotten better at using their small sizes and speed to outmanoeuvre their opponents.

"Over here you ugly thing!" Lina shouted as the dragon focused her attention on her and tried to hit her with the fire but the Halfa kept flying around and avoiding.

Grabbing the chance, Danny kicked the Dragon strong enough to send it flying across the room while the golden amulet fell off its neck and into Danny's open backpack without him noticing it.

Upon landing, the dragon transformed into a ghost girl. "All I wanted was to go to the Princess Costume Ball. And my horrid mummy won't let me!" she said and started to cry while flying through the portal.

"If that dragon suit's her idea of a costume, I'm on mummy's side," Danny said as the duo changed back to normal.

"It's not funny... even though what she said sounded familiar to me," Lina said, passing a hand over her white hair, trying to think more of what the girl said.

"Anyways... Phew! Man, that's a relief" Danny said, a proud smile on his face at how well they handled that situation and all before his father could return.

"Tell me about it. Who would have thought that we would have to deal with dragons as well?" she muttered to herself.

Jack, suddenly, came back to the lab. "I'll tell you what relief is...Darn, I almost forgot!" he rushed up once again and flushed the toilet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside of Casper High

A banner was hung above its doors reading, "THE BIG DANCE."  A reminder of what would come soon and what was considered a pretty big deal among teenagers...at least those that did have a date for the dance.

As girls were walking into the school Tucker was waiting for them and like the gentleman he was, he was keeping the door open for them,

"Hey there, I-" he tried to say with a charming smile but the girl interrupted him.

"No!" the girl replied.

"Hi, would you-"

"Forget it"

"No!" a 3rd girl said while holding her hand up for Tucker before he could even speak.

"I didn't ask you yet!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally, it was Lunchtime and our heroes were at their usual table. Danny sat alone from one side, with the two girls across from him. It was not long before Tucker joined them, taking a seat next to his best friend.

"Strike three, Tuck?" Danny asked him, seeing the gloomy face.

"Try strike three thousand"

"I don't know what the big deal is about going to some stupid dance. I don't need to be asked to come dance to know I'm special. I—" Sam started but stopped when she noticed that the boys had a happy daze and were not looking at her.

"Oh boy" Lina commented, already recognizing what that look meant.

"What?" Sam asked annoyed since she had only recently moved into the school and had not truly paid the best attention to certain things.

"Paulina..." the two boys say at the same time, looking as if they had been charmed by a siren's song.

A girl with black hair and blue eyes was walking down a pathway while boys stared distractedly at her. One boy on a bike crashed into a tree, while another walked into a guy sitting on a fountain and they both fell into the water, only to sit up and continue staring.

"Paulina..." the boys said again and Lina facepalmed.

"Oh, please! Paulina? Girls like her are a dime a dozen!" Sam told them but they ignored her as they started digging through their pockets and pulling out some change.

"How much change you got?" Danny asked Tucker.

"Haha! Very funny. Just remember you can't judge a book by its cover"

"Leave it, Sam. You know they won't listen to you in this state" Lina told her and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Well, there's only one way to find out. Go on, Danny. Go to that library and check out that book" Tucker told him

"I can't! I get weak-kneed when I try to talk to cute girls"

"Oh, and you have absolutely no problems talking to me or Lina, right?" Sam asked angrily.

"Uh..." Danny exclaimed, suddenly realizing he was in a tough spot and the glare Sam was giving him, was not helping him.

"Skip it" she cut him off and walked towards him, only to lift him by the arms. "Go give your weak knees some exercise" Danny stumbled over to Paulina who was sitting at the base of a tree. 

He leaned against it with one arm, trying to play it cool. "Hi! I..." However, his arm suddenly turned intangible and he fell through the tree causing him to lose his balance and end up laying on the ground.

"Please! Don't say you've suddenly fallen for me. That line is so last semester" Paulina told him, unimpressed by what had taken place.

"Yeah! I-I mean, no! That's not it. I'm...I'm Danny" he said as he stood up.

As if the universe was not done messing with him, his pants started to glow green for a moment, then became intangible and fell to the ground to expose his boxers. The other students in the yard started to laugh, Paulina included.

"A gentleman usually tips his hat, but I'll give you points for originality," she said between laughter, amused by the whole scene.

Lina shook her head and walked over to Danny to help him, Sam coming with her. However, unlike her friend, Sam was there for something different. She placed her hands on his shoulders as Danny lifted his pants.

"Kudos, Danny. You just set an all-time speed record for drowning in the shallow end of the gene pool" she commented.

Paulina stopped laughing and took a moment to think about what was just said. "Oh, no! You did not just call me shallow, did you?!"

"If you mean, do I think I can stand in a puddle full of you and not get my feet wet? Then yeah"

"Shallow?! I am not shallow!"

"It's not worth it Sam," Lina said as she grabbed their wrists and dragged them back to the picnic table before any more scene could be caused.

They had entertained the school enough for a day.

"On the other hand, I'm not so deep that I couldn't lure a boy away from a goth geek. And I will" Paulina said to no one as she kept glaring at San.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was the next day and during some free time between their classes, our heroes were grabbing their books for their next classes. Danny was pulling books from his locker while Lina closed hers and patted his back to help him with his 'depressed' state.

Tucker was standing nearby, watching as girls walked past and he tried to find one girl he had yet to ask; not losing hope of finding a date. "Thanks to you, I now know the quickest way to a woman's heart: clean boxers"

"It's not funny Tucker," Lina scolded him, giving him a disapproved look.

"Man, I blew it yesterday. Paulina probably won't even look at me now" the male Halfa said and let out a sigh.

"Yoo-hoo, Danny!" Paulina suddenly called from across the hall and waved at him. All the guys around her lustful sigh.

"Or not! Hey, Tuck? Angel"

"I get it. I'm out" Tucker said and started to run away, not wanting to ruin this for him.

"Good luck," Lina told him with an encouraging smile and walked further down the hallway but came to a halt and chose to hide behind the corner to see what will happen next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 30 39
Fourteen year old Danny Fenton becomes a halfa (half ghost half human) after an accident in his parents' lab. Danny becomes Danny Phantom, the ghost...
214K 6.2K 50
A not-so stereotypical trip to the ghost zone story!!! In which Valerie has joined the trio, Sam has powers, Tucker has a robo-suit and Jazz had deve...
35.1K 1.3K 14
It was a normal afternoon in Mr. Lancer's class at Casper High. However, a strange figure suddenly causes the whole school of Casper High into a majo...
4.1K 118 11
Kristin moves to Amity with her obsessive ghost hunting parents, Jim, and Michelle Lite. They heard of the ghosts here and wanted to move. I had a ac...