As The Music Dies

By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his mu... More

1. Alone
2. A Friend of Pinky's
3. Just a Passing Glance
4. No Escape
5. It's a Start
6. The Look
7. Hesitant
8. Understanding
9. Missed Chance
10. Mixed Signals
11. Talking it Through
12. The First
13. Figuring Things Out
14. A quick Stop
15. Unconventional Date
16. Early Mornings
17. Number 1. Fan
18. Closer
19. Flames
20. Refusal
21. Old Friend
22. Force to be Reckoned With
23. It's Been a Long Day
24. Unwanted
25. Rough Night
26. Unease
27. Ex Idiots
28. Underestimated
29. No Holding Back
30. Desire
31. Soft Moments
32. Bad Timing
33. Calming the Storms
34. Relief
35. Missin' You
36. The Hits Keep on Comin'
38. Break
39. Surprised
40. Amazing
41. Just Kacchan
42. Double Rescue
43. The Show
44. Too Soon?
45. Heavy Night
46. Breakdowns
47. Pep Talks
48. Unexpected
49. Socks
50. Amazing Musician
51. New Beginnings

37. Back

3.9K 201 134
By Laughingwolf78

Izuku takes a deep breath that he sniffles through feeling his heart ache and his lip sting.

Katsuki watches green eyes that don't want to meet his on the screen and he speaks up softly again trying to stay calm even as his core shakes.

" Hey.. look at me baby."

He watches the greenett shake his head no.

Katsuki takes a deep breath trying to steady his voice.

" Remember when we got into this relationship, and we had that long talk at my place and you told me that real relationships were built on trust and communication?"

There's a sniffle and a head nod and green eyes that still won't look up then a rough but gentle voice.

" Well I'm going to need you to do both of things for me right now Izuku. Talk to me and then trust that I'll be able take care of whatever it is. Will you do that for me? I took a leap of faith getting into this relationship, I need you to do that and trust that it's going to be ok, cause I got this."

Green eyes slowly shift up and hold the gaze of the crimson ones on the screen.

The blonde gives him a smile even though it's hard with the anger in his chest.

" There's those eyes, those eyes that are way too fucking pretty for this shit. Now nice and slow, tell me what happened."

Izuku takes a deep breath then breaks into a rambling explanation.

" First there was the whole interrupted call with you this morning, which you know would have been fine if I hadn't heard all those stupid fan girls gushing no doubt all over you and yes i know thats part of your job but that doesn't mean its easy to hear and I.. I just miss you so bad and then I had a horrible shift, dropping stuff, tripping, I got yelled at, got burnt, almost got fired, then I'm half way through and hear Sora's voice and.."

Katsuki stops him right there.

" What? At you're job?", he ask feeling a knot in his gut and suddenly his skin is feeling hot and overheated because before Izuku can even finish he has a pretty good idea where that busted lip came from.

Izuku nods yes.

" Yes, at .. at the bar. And he said a bunch of stuff to try and get me upset but I spit most of it right back at him, I mean it was annoying and the last the thing I needed but I handled it or I thought I did till I left my shift and dropped your keys and before I was even all the way upright he sucker punched me."

Katsuki is on his feet now, pacing the room he's in feeling all his muscles tense.

" What happened then?", he ask with fire burning in his chest.

The greenett shrugs.

" I .. I fought back, I don't like to but I'm not going to let that stuff go. I roundhouse kicked him twice. He said some stuff about how you'll never really love anything but the band and yourself and that I'll never be able to keep you, and that.. that you were probably sleeping around on me."

Katsuki's grip on the phone is so strong he's sure the thing might break.

Izuku continues.

" I hated to hear him say those things about you so I gave him the same kick to the jaw as last time. Twice. I'm pretty sure it's broken."

" Good", Katsuki mumbles tho he knows if it isn't it will be by the time he gets to him.

" He left after that. I went home, get out of the elevator and see Shoto."

Katsuki freezes his pacing, words dancing against his skull and a name causing lava and stinging bees against his skin.

Soho, hobo......bozo... Shoto.

There's gritted teeth and a tone that sounds like a growl.

" What the fuck did he want?!"

Izuku sniffles as Katsuki steps out the door catching Kirishima's attention who he motions with his head to come to him. Once inside the room his best friend stays silent but lifts a brow.

The blonde motions for the redheads phone which Kiri hands over.

Katsuki continues to listen while he quietly goes to the airports page on Kirishima's phone looking for the next flight out.

" I don't know Kacchan, I really don't. He said something about stopping on his way through again and that we should be friends and that sometimes he misses me".

Katsuki actually has to clear his throat to keep from screaming something Kirishima sees immediately.

" He sure keeps passing through our God damn town a lot lately. What's he a fucking stray dog or some shit with no place else to go? Fuck him."

Izuku can hear the anger shaking in the blonde's voice.

" I .. I told him to stay away from me and that I wanted nothing to do with him."

Katsuki nods while he continues looking over the list of flights finding one and punching in his details and payment info immediately as he responds to his boyfriend.

" Yeah well you told him that before and he didn't listen so obviously this time he needs me to tell him and Sora needs a reminder too I see."

Izuku swollows hard seeing the blonde looking down at something but not knowing what.

" I .. I don't want you to do anything rash Kacchan. I .. I don't want you getting into trouble.", he says softly with tears down his face still.

The blonde shifts his gaze up to see those pretty eyes that are blinking back tears.

There's a beat of silence then a worried voice.

" Are.. are you mad?"

Katsuki takes a deep breath.

" No, I'm fucking furious, how could I not be? My ex bastard decided to put his hands on you while I was gone and tho I know you can handle yourself you shouldn't have to and definitely not when I'm not there. And then that ex fuck of yours shows up on the same day and says he misses you?! Of course I'm mad Deku, I can't help it, you had a shit day, you're emotional because of me being gone and the shit you have to deal with with me being famous , then you get harassed at work, then attacked then if all that shit wasn't enough, bozo-hobo shows the fuck up and says he misses you?! Fuck that. You're hurting and crying and I'm not there and that pisses me off even more."

Kirishima frowns listening to the conversation cause this doesn't sound good at all.

The greenett takes a breath with teary eyes.

" Sorry I've added more stress to your day"

Katsuki stares in disbelief.

" Baby, listen carefully. You, nothing you did or said added to my stress. Everything those bastards put you through adds to my stress but you have done nothing wrong."

Katsuki glances at the time then back at the screen.

" Deku, I need you to do something for me. I want you to calm down, take a hot shower, then get into bed. I want you to call out of work for tomorrow too, you need a break and I need to run as much as I hate to cause I need to take care of a few things but I will definitely talk to you when you wake up ok? This is going to all be ok Izuku, I promise."

The greenett agrees even tho he's having a hard time saying goodbye.

" Ok. Thank you for listening rock star", he says with a slight smile that makes the blonde's heart hurt.

" I'll always try and listen Deku. You taught me how to do that. Now get showered and ice that lip baby. I'll talk to you real soon."

They say goodbye and as soon as the call ends Katsuki puts his fist right through the closest wall making the eyes of his friend go wide.

" Bro! You.. you gotta calm down man! What happened?!"

Katsuki spins around feeling his knuckles ache and bleed.

" You heard me talk to him! Fucking Sora put his hands on him! Busted his God damn lip open because he's a little bitch who can't handle that I'm not miserable anymore. And then his ex shows up to tell him he misses him! Fuck this, I need to go back home for a day or so and take care of this shit,take care of him. We don't have to be at the next gig till Saturday it's Thursday so I'll meet you guys there, but I gotta run cause I have a plane leaving in and hour. It's only a three hour fight. I need to get back there and fix this shit."

Kiri nods in understanding.

" Yeah ok man, I hear you, just don't end up behind bars bro. Think of Mido."

As Katsuki grabs a leather jacket headed out the door for an Uber he already called for he answers

"He's all I'm thinking about"

Four hours later a blonde musician is stepping off a plane into the airport on a mission. He gets a cab and is in front of an apartment building.

Large fist bang on the door loudly. Not giving a fuck that it's only around five am.

A confused tired Sora answers the door but all sleep leaves him when Katsuki grabs him by the collar of the shirt dragging him out the door and slamming him to the wall with a force that takes his breath.

" Surprised? Bet you didn't expect to see me huh? I heard what you did, how you ran your bitch mouth then put your hands on him like the cheating bastard you are. I see how swollen and buried your jaw is, I know he beat your ass again but I'm here to tell you that if I so much as get a whisper that you are near him I'll break more than your jaw."

Sora is both shocked and angry but his anger is nothing compared to the fuming musician's with a death grip.

" Get.. get off me you crazy phyco! I .. I could sue you for this!"

Katsuki smiles with a sarcastic laugh in his throat.

" Go ahead, I'll be there, I'll smile in the God damn court room while I tell the judge how you stalked and harassed me and my boyfriend before you attacked him. I bet my lawyers will be better than yours.", he smirks.

Sora straightens himself pushing the blonde away.

" Whatever! Just.. just get out of here! I don't know what I ever saw in you"

Katsuki scoffs.

" Money, my money and my fame, you don't want anything but material shit and you definitely never wanted me. Stay away from what does want me and what has me. I'll be in jail the next time and you'll be in intensive care."

Those are the last words he says before walking out to the Uber he made wait for him.

The sun is just starting to come up when Katsuki reaches his own building wasting no time before he rushes in and onto the elevator.

He's on a familiar floor finally and even though he's fatigued as fuck and these are shitty circumstances he won't deny for a minute that skip in his heart or the up tick of beats at finally being able to see those gorgeous green eyes in person after two months.

He stops in front of Izuku's door cursing himself for not having the key so he rings the bell and waits anxiously.

The blonde feels bad knowing he's waking a sleeping stressed out waiter up but he's pretty sure the greenett inside won't mind in a few minutes.

That sleepy green who just managed to fall asleep an hour ago stumbles out of bed with tired confused eyes having no idea who this could possibly be at this early hour.

He thinks with his luck latey it's his landlord getting ready to throw him out or something stupid.

He doesn't bother with the peephole just opens the door.

The sight he sees makes those groggy eyes snap wide open seeing his boyfriend stand there with a sexy grin as always.

" Damn.. you always look this good in the morning?", the blonde smirks.

Izuku immediately breaks into tears stumbling forward into the blondes strong arms feeling Katsuki pull him in tightly.

"O-oh my God, Kacchan! You're.. home! W-what are you doing back?"

The blonde smiles into dark green locks as he inhales the scent he's missed.

" I came back for you. You didn't think I'd let you deal with this shit alone did you and hey.. what do I keep telling you?", he asked as he pulls a fair chin up to have glassy green eyes meet intense crimson.

" You're eyes are too pretty to cry"

A/N

Our tale continues, stay tuned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 12.6K 46
Izuku Midoriya is a 23 year old paramedic in the city. He's attractive, kind, a bit on the quiet side, he's also struggling to break from an emotiona...
27K 1.5K 16
Last Year things got complicated for Katsuki Bakugo when at a Christmas party he kissed his childhood friend Izuku Midoriya under the mistletoe. It w...
92.7K 4.1K 39
Katsuki Bakugo was your average man. He worked as a debt collector in an office, had an apartment, a good fuck buddy, and great friends. What he didn...
8K 287 17
"Midoriya, you have the top scores in the class correct?" "Yes sir.. why do you ask?" "I want you to tutor Bakugo Katsuki." "Excuse me?!" ...