Uta's Idol.

By TanijiroOdd

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!! PLEASE DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'RE READY FOR SPOILERS REGARDING ONE PIECE FILM RED OR ANY F... More

I'm Uta.
Luffy and Uta.
Pirate Training.
Bink's Sake.
First Disaster.
Our Dreams and a New Genesis.
A Tour Before Departure.
I'll Get Stronger! Uta Starts Training.
The Power Of Observation Haki.
Elegia: The Island of Music
Concert Of A Lifetime.
Demon's Awakening.
Disownment.
Uta And The Five Stages.
The Sing Sing Fruit's Secret, the History of Tot Musica.
Uta's First Concert.
A Family Reunion.
Uta vs The Gale Pirates.
Uta Makes Her First Single.
'Diva' Red And The Ones Who'll Support Her.
Q&A Chapter!
A Change In The World.
Traveling Across The East Blue.
Return to Windmill Village.
The Rising Star of the East Blue 'Straw Hat' Luffy!
I'M THE MAN WHO'LL BECOME THE PIRATE KING!
It's BACKLIGHT!
Uta and the Grand Line.
Q&A Chapter + OC Profiles!
Uta And Ace.
'Fire Fist' Ace vs 'Diva' Red.
Until Next Time!
Welcome To The Caledon Kingdom.
'Massacre Dancer' Rave.
All, But A Fleeting Lullaby.
Across The World.
Concert At Sabaody.
Uta's Date at Sabaody Park?
Save The Mermaid, Camie!
Q&A Chapter + Fun Facts!
Pandemonium In The Auction House!
Silvers Raleigh, The Straw Hat Pirates, And Uta.
Section Leaders Take Action!
Cruel Separation.
Ace's Fate And Truths Unfolded.
Countdown Towards The War Of The Best.
Witnessing The War Of The Best.
Death And Despair.
Save Luffy! Rayleigh and Uta Depart.
We're Finally Reunited.
My Message.
Return To Marineford. (1 year Anniversary! Please Read 'Thank You' Comment!)
Q&A Chapter + Fanart Gallery!
A Spar Ten Years In The Making. Uta vs Luffy!
You're My Idol, Now and Forever.
Last Day On Rusukainu.
The Volour Family.
Returning to Elegia.
Man of Science, Dr. Vegapunk.
'Diva' Red the Live Streamer.
The Sing Sing Fruit's Dark Secret.
Tension In Elegia.
Uta vs Abell! A Battle for Leadership.
Uta's Plan. Revive The Demon King of Songs!
The Dark Summoning.
Demon's Reawakening.
The Power Of The 'Demon King of Songs'.
'Demonic Diva' Uta Musica.

Learning The Way of Haki In The Island of Rusukaina.

1.1K 31 1
By TanijiroOdd

Now that the damage has been done and the message has been sent, what will become of Uta and what role will she play from here on out? Read to find out! I don't own One Piece.

It didn't take long for the group of four to reach the ship of the Kuja Pirates who has been awaiting their arrival. Once they were inside the ship, they all took the time to relax. Luffy, despite his enthusiastic behavior, felt unusually tired afterwards and so the Kuja Pirates laid down a futon on the side so Luffy could rest. Uta has changed out of her battle outfit to her outfit from this morning. Once Uta finished changing she sees the Kuja Pirates lines up to touch Luffy, Jimbe, and Rayleigh since they want to opportunity to touch a man and sits down in the corner. It didn't take long for the Kuja to line up in front of Uta to get an autograph. Hancock passed out from the shock of having Luffy and Uta on board so she was recuperating in the captain's quarters.

"Sorry about making you guys go all this way to help us." Uta said as she signed autograph after autograph. "I hope this will be enough to suffice."

"It's fine. We're used to long voyages." One of the Kuja answers.

"What are you guys doing?" Luffy asks as he lets the women pull on his skin.

"Well, since the Snake Princess got over excited and collapsed just now, we're keeping watch to make sure you keep getting rest." answers another Kuja.

"Yup, it's the Snake Princess's orders!" another woman agrees.

"I don't think that's what Luffy meant when he asked you guys what you were doing." Uta said laughing at the sight.

"Did you think they got my message?" Luffy asks.

"If they read the article, then they'll understand. The fact that it's quite unlike you is in itself the key." Rayleigh said reassuringly. "You did have one companion who didn't seem particularly quick on the uptake."

"Ah, you mean Zoro." Luffy and Uta said in union as he was the first person that they thought of.

"I'm sure he'll figure it out." Rayleigh said. Though it may be just a feeling, I have faith that your companions will understand you perfectly."

"I hope you're right." Luffy said, sighing. "Speaking of companions, how do you think you will react, Uta."

Uta pales as she forgot that they would be reading the news too. Abell will surely give her a scolding and a beating, but they should get an idea of why Uta did what she did. Besides, it's not like they have her face on a wanted poster or anything.

~A few days later...

After recuperating in the Island of Women, the ones visiting have decided to set sail to the place where Rayleigh has decided Luffy should train. Now that everyone's wounds are healed, there is no better time. The send off was bittersweet as Luffy and Uta were quite fond of the Kuja now they have seen them in a better light. Uta even did a performance for them and it was quite the party. Performing for the Kuja was refreshing for Uta as singing for others always puts her mood up. To see Luffy, Jimbe, and Rayleigh in high spirits when she was singing made that day even better and the Kuja were such a good audience. Despite the excitement he went through, Jimbe was getting tired of Hancock's constant glare and was relieved to leave the island. As they set sail to their destination for which Rayleigh is keeping secret, Uta and Luffy were busy trying to beat each other at rock, paper, scissors with Uta having the majority of the wins.

"Hey guys! We got the newspaper and Luffy is on the front page!" yells one of the Kuja Pirates.

She hands the newspaper to Uta and she looks at the front page with Luffy looking at it from behind her shoulder. The front picture was Luffy holding his hat against his chest and Uta standing next to him with her spear against her chest.

"I look so cool!" Luffy said smiling. "Look! You can see the tattoo there!"

When Uta goes over to the next page, a piece of paper falls to the floor catching everyone's attention. Curiously, Uta picks up the piece of paper and takes a look at it. The diva pales and trembles at the sight.

"Uta, are you ok?" Jimbe asks, concerned.

"I got a bounty!" Uta screams in shock. "Look at it!"

Uta shows the group her wanted poster which shows her mask and her upper body. She was bending low to the ground with her spear in hand.

"'Scarlet Songstress' Uta." Uta said as she read the wanted poster. "I have a bounty of one hundred and one million?"

"Wow! That's a huge starting bounty." Luffy said shocked. "You're famous!"

"I'm famous as is. Wow, that's a lot of berries." Uta said smiling. "At least, it has my real name and not Red. Other than you guys, my crew, and maybe the Red Haired Pirates, no one Red is Uta."

Uta couldn't describe this feeling. Why does having a bounty feel so rewarding? It's sickening to think that she's happy about something like this. Uta remembers when the crew always talks about their bounties and how happy they were.

Bad, Uta. Uta scolds herself. You're a diva, not a pirate.

Uta thinks back to what Hancock had in plan as they figured they'd have figured that this situation would be brought up. Uta can only hope Hancock's plan will go through.

"Do you think tattoo and mask girl will be ok?" Luffy asks, concerned. "I don't think the tattoo girl will be very happy about this."

"Yeah, they will be pissed. Abell and Gordon in general will definitely kill me when I get back." Uta groans as she can imagine their reaction. "Knowing Abell, she will figure out that I'm not at Sabaody and will take me back by any force necessary. Not looking forward to it."

~Meanwhile, in Elegia...

"Sooo, if you saw a criminal with that bounty, would you go after it?"

"Well, I try not to hunt any criminals with a bounty of fifty million or higher. Trying to fight someone with a bounty over a hundred million is like fighting my brother and we know how that turned out."

Pitch and Rave were sitting in the lounge reading the newspaper. Everyone's wounds have been healed and preparations for their next project have been underway. Ever since the group found out about Ace's death, everyone could only assume that Uta must be taking it hard. So they decided to hold off on departing, but now the group is deciding on heading to Sabaody soon. However, that decision will change soon as Abell and Gordon have yet to see the news.

"Are you going to tell them?" Rave asks nervously.

"I don't NEED to." Pitch hesitantly said. "I mean, she'll find out eventually."

"I'll find what eventually?"

Pitch and Rave jump as they see their older colleague approach them curiously. Naturally, Abell was clueless on why the pair was freaking out, but noticed Luffy's picture in the newspaper.

"Hey! It's Luffy!" Abell said. "What's he doing?"

Abell is quite confused at the picture and even more so at where it took place.

"Yeah, we don't have a clue either." Pitch said moving the newspaper away from Abell's view. "Must be a sign for his crew if I had to make a guess. They were planning to meet, but we're separated by Kuma."

"But, going to Marineford to deliver the message...what are those guys thinking?" Rave wonders. "Those four are insane."

"Hm, four?" Abell asks. "There are others beside Luffy?"

"Old man Rayleigh, Jimbe, and some Amazon is with him." Pitch answers.

Abell narrows her eyes at the newspaper and grabs it from Pitch's hand. She looks at the picture and as she flips over to the next page, a wanted poster falls to the ground. Pitch and Rave look away avoiding to see whatever reaction Abell will have as the woman picks up the poster.

"Pitch. Rave. How long did you know about this?"

Neither one needed haki to know how pissed Abell was. They could basically feel the anger emitting from her. Both teens turn their heads to see Abell fuming angrily with the wanted poster crushed in her grip.

"It was in today's paper! Honest!" Rave said, waving her hands in the air. "We found out not a couple of minutes ago."

"Pitch, give me Uta's vivre card." Abell commands glaring at Pitch.

"Why don't we give her a call inste..."

"Now."

"Yes, ma'am."

Abell gently takes the piece of paper from Pitch and puts it to the palm of her hand. Just as Abell had assumed, it was pointing away from Sabaody. Abell can feel her anger boil and grits her teeth.

"Uta is the 'Scarlet Songstress', huh?" Abell wonders as her anger reaches it's limit. "I'm going to catch her with my own two hands and knock some sense into her!"

Abell storms off leaving the other two shocked.

"Hey, where are you going?" Pitch asks.

"Making a phone call." Abell mutters.

Once Abell goes to her room and closes the door behind her, she bursts into laughter.

"That damn fool!" Abell laughs. "Over one hundred million? Who does she think is? What a crazy girl."

She then reaches for one of the many transponder snails on the desk and picks up the one labeled 'Shakky's Rip-off bar'. She picks up the speaker and calls.

"Hey, thanks for answering. I assume you know why I'm calling so let's make this quick, yeah?" Abell said as the receiving end picked up. "Where's Uta? I know she's not with you."

Abell listens quietly and clicks her tongue in annoyance.

"Out of all the places." Abell groans. "Ok, I got it. Thanks for the info."

Abell puts down the speaker and sighs heavily.

"Amazon Lily, huh?"

~Somewhere in the Calm Belt...

"ACHOO!"

"You sick?"

"I don't get sick, I think Abell has caught on."

"What makes you think that?"

"Cause I sneezed."

"Really? You think so."

"It's the logical answer."

"Is it really?"

"Sure it is."

"Oh, ok."

It's been a couple of hours since the group has left Amazon Lily and the trip has gotten boring as there isn't much to do. Luffy and Uta have basically told each other every possible story during the days after going to Marineford and had nothing left to do.

"Anyways, are we there yet?" Luffy asks.

"Not yet." Rayleigh answers. "We're going somewhere very secluded."

"Hey, Jimbe, are you coming too?" Uta asks. "I want to stick around."

"I can't as I have things to take care of." Jimbe said standing up. "Actually, my ride's here."

All of the sudden, the Kuja were making a big commotion out in front. Everyone inside stood up and walked outside to see what was happening. Much to everyone's surprise, a whale shark has surfaced from the depth. Jimbe walks forward and jumps off the boat, then lands on top of the fish's head.

"I guess, this is goodbye." Uta said sadly.

"Surely we will meet again." Jimbe said smiling. "But, for now, I must depart for Fish-man Island for there is work to be done now that Whitebeard has passed."

"Jimbe, thank you so much." Luffy calls out. "For everything."

"No need for that, it is I who should be thanking you!" Jimbe corrected. "Back in Impel Down, I asked you to bring me to a certain death only to ultimately survive, however shamefully. Yet, I feel sure that the day will come when I can lend you my strength once more."

Luffy smiles as he thinks back on the time he spent with Jimbe and nods.

"At any rate, two years from now, let's meet again on Fishman Island!" Jimbe said. "I will be looking forward to the day when you and your crew come to call!"

"Yeah!" Luffy said happily.

Jimbe turns to Uta and smiles.

"Uta, I trust that you will keep Luffy safe until your departure?" Jimbe asks.

"Yeah, leave it to me." Uta said smiling. "It was real nice meeting you, Jimbe."

"Likewise, someday, I hope you will come to Fishman Island to sing for the people there." Jimbe said. "I'm sure the people there will welcome you with open arms."

"That's a promise." Uta said.

With that, everyone waves goodbye as the whale shark takes Jimbe into the sea. Uta looks around and fails to see Hancock waving goodbye, when she, Luffy, and Rayleigh look behind them, they see the Warlord on her knees muttering to herself.

"Hey, Hancock, you ok?" Rayleigh asks.

"Yes." Hancock answers rather bashfully. "Yes, of course I am."

Uta stares at Hancock, suspicious of her previous attitude, but decides to ignore it for the time being.

"Pardon my manners, but can you take us to the island now?" Rayleigh asks Hancock. "I would like to begin Luffy's training as soon as possible."

"Yes, certainly!" Hancock said standing up. "Kuja! Set sail for Rusukaina."

With a loud cheer, the Kuja begin to head straight for the island that Rayleigh has mentioned.

"What's Rusukaina?" Uta asks.

"I'll explain it when we get there." Rayleigh said.

After another hour, Uta and Luffy see an island in the distance. As they sailed closer, they saw the island surrounded by primeval jungle and volcanoes. There were stone pillars rising up from the ground with some jungles on top of it. Uta stares at it and feels a mix of both awe and danger. Even from this distance, Uta can tell that the island before her was untamed. The diva can't tell if she's trembling from excitement or nervousness. When the ship docks near the shore, Luffy, Rayleigh, Uta, the Gorgon Sisters, and the rest of the Kuja Pirates walk off and step onto the island's ground.

"This island is exactly what we need." Rayleigh said, looking at the island. "Known as the 'Forty Eight Seasons', it is a harsh land where the season changes with each week that goes by."

"That sounds neat!" Luffy said, staring at the island.

"That sounds bad." Uta corrects as she looks at the island. "But, it doesn't look like it would given that there's no cloud in the sky."

"That'll change soon enough." Rayleigh said with a smile.

"Luffy! I swear each and every day, I will visit this island to bring you new provisions from the isle of women!" Hancock said blushing.

"Whoa! You mean that, Hancock?!" Luffy asks happily. "Can you bring some of that famous Gorgon-what's-it-called-stuff then? It was really tasty!"

"But of course! I will bring anything and everything that you desire!" Hancock swoons as she begins to step back further and further.

The Kuja cheer happily, much to the annoyance of Uta, Rayleigh and Elder Nyon.

"And that was the tenth time you have called me by my name!" Hancock said blushing. "I...is this what they call 'engagement'?"

"It is nyot!" Elder Nyon said angrily. "And why are you moving further and further away?"

"Thank god, I'm not like her." Uta said. "How can Hancock say that stuff so openly?"

"She's a weird one, isn't she?" Luffy laughs as he walks alongside Uta.

"Still, Luffy, you can't let her spoil you." Uta scolds. "Remember? You need to train!"

"Yeah, I got it." Luffy groans. "Are you going to stay?"

"Knowing my friends, they have probably read the news and are following the Vivre card to this location." Uta said. "Might as well stick to one place. Besides, Hancock needs to do something regarding my situation, right?"

"Huh? What?"

Luffy and Uta look over to see Hancock and Rayleigh in the middle of an argument and are confused at the sight.

"Of course!" Hancock said, regaining her composure. "I'll do anything for Red!"

"In that case, it's better off if I don't stay near the island of Amazon Lily." Uta said. "If your idea is planned to work, then it's the more reason why I can't sail back with you."

"And how do I know that you won't take this chance to get closer to Luffy?" Hancock asks as she glares at Uta.

"Would you beat up Luffy if you had the chance to?" Uta asks the Warlord.

"Wha?! I don't think I can hurt the man I love!" Hancock said, taken aback. "You would?"

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to have a serious one on one with him." Uta said, smiling rather evilly. "This is all for his training."

"Wait, I can get to fight you?" Luffy asks excitedly. "There's no way I would lose to you know!"

"Yeah, right." Uta cackles.

It was at this point did Hancock realize how far behind she was in the race for Luffy's love. However, since Uta is one of the only female friends she has that she trusts with Luffy, she has decided to let it slide. After all, if she were to lose to anyone, it might as well be the childhood friend.

"If you three are done talking, l believe it's time to start the lessons." Rayleigh said, walking into the jungle. "Come along you two."

The Kuja, Luffy, and Uta bid farewell as they walk into the jungle. Once they got into the thicket, Uta couldn't help, but as though she was being watched. Not only that, but the killing intent on this island is horrific. Uta can sense the aura of ferocious beasts from all angles staring at the three.

This island is the definition of untamed. Uta thought as she looked around cautiously. It's almost as if mankind has abandoned this place.

As they walk deeper into the jungle, the three enter a clearing to see a large white trunk tree. It stood out from the forest and was beautiful in the eyes of Uta.

"You better remember this tree." Rayleigh said. "Even the most savage beasts stay away from it. It's the only safe area on this island."

"I don't think I'll forget, it's pretty funny looking." Luffy said, walking up to get a closer look.

The trio then walk much more deeper into the jungle and eventually they enter another clearing.

"Now then, we are the only three human beings on this entire island. Feast your eyes upon the glories of nature!" Rayleigh said as he led the two youths into a ruin. "They say that long ago, a nation stood here, but all of its people perished in the struggle for survival."

Uta and Luffy look around in awe as their taste for adventure begins to well up inside of them. The giant volcanoes with smoke billowing and the roars of the wildlife fill the air as the two take in the sight. It was truly a world of eat or be eaten.

"This is a perilous land, fraught with natural dangers." Rayleigh concluded.

"I smell adventure!" Luffy said pumped up.

"This is definitely a fun place to train." Uta added. "Rayleigh, you said that humans lost the fight for survival here. I have a feeling you don't mean the changing weather, right?"

"I expected nothing less from you." Rayleigh said. "This island is home to a veritable multitude of terrible beasts, more than you can hope to count."

Luffy looks at Rayleigh confused while Uta stares in slight concern.

"Many of them are too powerful for you, Luffy, to defeat in your current state." Rayleigh looking around the island. "Uta, how many animals here do you think can outmatch Luffy?"

"Since I stepped foot on this island, I sensed more than a hundred animals that were stronger than me." Uta said after a brief pause. "And there are four, no five times as many that are stronger than Luffy."

Luffy looked at Uta in shock at how she was able to make such a deduction and Rayleigh nodded with approval.

"That's about correct." Rayleigh said as he rubbed his beard. "If you do not train hard, you will be unable to sleep safely at night."

"How do you know so much about this place? How did you figure all of that stuff out? Did you use to live here?" Luffy asks.

"I used to live here and you will too." Rayleigh answers. "By doing so you will unlock the same power I did then. The power known as Haki."

"Haki?" Luffy repeats in question.

Uta's eyes glow and she swerves her head towards Rayleigh's direction.

Something big is coming. Uta as she grips her mic from her belt. Something big and strong!

The sound of footsteps and trees falling echo from the jungle. Luffy and Uta begin to get frantic as they feel the earth shake beneath them. The birds begin to screech in panic and fly off as whatever beast comes towards them. Suddenly, a large red elephant burst forth from the jungle catching both Uta and Luffy by surprise. In Uta's opinion, this beast looked more tougher than the Sea King she killed back in her Calm Belt voyage.

ROOOAAAAR!

"Look! Behind you! It's huge!" Luffy screams as he points at the beast.

"Is that an elephant?" Uta asks in shock. "It's probably five times as big as a normal one!"

"Old man Rayleigh, look out!" Luffy warns.

Despite the danger, Rayleigh showed no sign of fear or nervousness as the huge beast loomed behind the old man.

"Listen closely, Luffy. You too, Uta." Rayleigh said calmly. "Haki is a power that exists within every single human being. Presence, spirit, and aura. It is no different from these basic concepts with which anyone should be familiar."

Luffy was barely paying attention as the elephant was quite the distraction, but Uta knew that the elephant posed no threat to Rayleigh.

"However, the vast majority of people go their whole lives without ever noticing they possess it." Rayleigh continues. "Or else try as they might, never succeed in making use of it."

Uta begins to wonder if Shanks was taught by Rayleigh too. It would make sense if he did, but he was a terrible teacher in the past. Uta decided to pay close attention as she could learn a thing or two from watching Rayleigh.

"To feel no doubts, that is true strength!" Rayleigh said as he closed his eyes. "Observe carefully, haki can generally be divided into two main types..."

The elephant raises its trunk in preparation to attack Rayleigh who is blocking its path and prepares to swing it. Just by simply swaying it's trunk did the dust begin to fly off the ground and the thought of being hit by it's nose by a full swing would hurt unimaginably. It then roars angrily and raises its trunk high.

"Second Gear!" Luffy yells.

"Hey, Luffy!" Uta yells angrily. "Don't attack that thing! It's fine!"

Luffy ignores Uta and jumps up into the air.

"Gum Gum Jet Pistol!"

Luffy punches the elephant in the face, but Luffy's punch didn't even make the elephant blink. The elephant, irritated by Luffy's fruitless attempt to stop it, prepares to swing its trunk at the boy. Uta jumps off the ground and gets between her and Luffy.

"Uta Kick!" Uta yells.

Uta swings her foot into the elephant's trunk, but her attack doesn't hurt it as its skin was too tough and her foot is repelled back. It would be accurate to say that her attack did just as much damage as Luffy's.

"No way." Uta said in disbelief. "My foot bounced off its skin!"

The elephant swatted both Uta and Luffy out of the air and into a nearby tree. Despite the powerful attack, the pair's recovery was quick and they stood up slowly.

"Damn it, that guy is no joke." Luffy said, spitting out some blood. "It has quick reflexes and tough skin."

"Your pumped up punch and my kick didn't even make it flinch." Uta added. "Luffy, please don't attack it just leave it to..."

Before Uta could finish her sentence, Luffy bends down and prepares to attack again. Luffy dashes off, but Uta was quick enough to grab Luffy by the wrist before he could move away from his spot.

"I told you not to attack it!" Uta yells angrily as she watches Luffy's arm stretch.

Luffy's arm stretches and the pirate is pulled back by the diva.

"Can't you listen to me for once?" Uta asks, frustrated.

"But, the old man!" Luffy protests.

"Worry not."

The childhood friends look at Rayleigh who hasn't budgeted an inch.

"The elephant will swing its trunk at my head from the right." Rayleigh said.

Luffy was shocked as the elephant did just that and Rayleigh ducks beneath the elephant's trunk. Uta hasn't seen any other person other than her use observation haki so gracefully and it was astounding to see someone else use it.

"This is 'Observation Haki', the power to feel another's 'presence to an elevated degree." Rayleigh said as he continuously dodged the animal's attacks. "Master it, and you will be able to perceive enemies who lurk hidden out of sight, to grasp their numbers, and even to read what they are attempting to do in the moment."

Luffy stares in shock as Rayleigh continues to dodge the animal, but to Uta, this was baby's first haki lesson.

"You can also use observation haki it to perceive one's feelings." Uta adds. "You will be able to sense happiness, sadness, anger, fear, and other emotions from afar or if someone were to try and conceal them."

After a short while, the elephant stops swinging and trumpets with fury at the fact it couldn't land a single hit on Rayleigh. It eventually pierces its trunk through a tree toppling it and Luffy and Uta had to move out of the way.

"In the sky islands of Skypiea, this is better known as 'Mantra'." Rayleigh said, ignoring the carnage behind him.

ROOAAAR!

The elephant roars angrily as it swings its trunk aggressively due to the fact it was unable to hit Rayleigh, but the old pirate remains calm.

"Next we have 'Armament Haki'. Rayleigh said, getting the conversation back. "This type is something like wearing invisible armor."

Seeing how it failed to hit Rayleigh with its trunk, it raises its foot above Rayleigh's head.

"Look out!" Luffy yells to Rayleigh.

Uta was also startled as she couldn't fathom anyone blocking the stomp of an elephant of that size with armament haki.

GROOAAH!

Rayleigh raises his hand and repels the elephant without making any contact. Luffy and Uta are shocked as the elephant topples over and cries in pain.

"...How?" Uta asks dumbfounded. "Armament haki...shouldn't work that way..."

Uta then gets a flashback of when Rayleigh has used armament haki to save Camie. That was also a foreign concept and was just as confused back then as she is right now.

"Armor hard enough can be used as a weapon." Rayleigh adds.

A weapon. Uta mentally repeats. Will I be able to learn something like that? I can still grow much stronger if my armament haki can get as strong as his.

Rayleigh walks over to Luffy and flicks his forehead resulting in a loud snapping noise.

"It hurts!" Luffy yells, holding his forehead in pain. "I shouldn't be able to feel that! I'm made out of rubber!"

"Unfortunately for you Luffy, armament haki surpasses devil fruit user's body." Uta said smiling. "It's a special key feature that it has."

"Indeed. When facing a devil fruit user, other than taking advantage of their individual weakness, armament haki is the sole method of effectively combating their abilities." Rayleigh explains. "With it, even the fluid bodies of the near-invincible logia fruit users can be forced into solidity."

"So this is why you could touch Kizaru." Luffy said shocked. "Then I'd be able to attack old smokey from the Marines or even Aokiji, right?"

"Yup. As long as you use armament haki to touch your opponent, they become flesh and blood." Uta confirms. "That's how I was able to fight against Ace effectively."

"You can also transfer armament haki to a weapon." Rayleigh adds. "Have you ever seen the Kuja Pirates arrows?"

"Yeah. I thought those arrows were made of steel." Luffy said as he remembers back to his first encounter with the Kuja. "Hey, Uta, you did something similar back at Sabaody when you threw a spear straight through a cannon, right?"

"Yup. That was haki." Uta confirms. "I can use all three types of haki."

"Three types?" Luffy repeats. "I thought the old man said there were two."

"Observation and armament are the two main types of haki that many haki users know." Rayleigh said. "However, there are a few scant people in the world who are able to use one more type of haki."

ROOOOAAAR!

All of the sudden, the elephant rears back up and bellows loudly. It grows red with anger and begins to charge towards them. Rayleigh then turns to look at the animal head on and then he releases a burst of his conqueror's haki. The elephant stopped charging and began to sweat nervously in front of the old pirate. It lets out a low groan and collapses before Rayleigh resulting in a loud thud which silences the jungle's noises.

"This is 'Conqueror's Haki', the ability to overpower the opponent's will." Rayleigh tells the youngsters. "It can often be found in the type of people who make a name for themselves on a global scale. However, while it can be brought under control, this type of haki is unique in that it can't be trained. It is the user's very spirit manifested and can only be strengthened by the individual's growth."

"That's what you did back in the auction house and what Uta did back in Amazon Lily." Luffy said remembering the moments he saw it.

"You have experienced it for yourself since you have awakened the ability to use it." Rayleigh said walking off. "Until you have brought it under control, you must avoid overusing it at all costs. Otherwise, you will find yourself overwhelming innocent bystanders."

"Conqueror's haki sure is scary once you see it used in action." Uta said walking alongside Rayleigh.

"By the way, how did you manage to control and learn your haki?" Rayleigh asks curiously. "Do your other friends have it?"

"Learning observation haki was pretty easy to get the hang of and armament I learned from my friends." Uta began." However, getting used to conqueror's haki is different. After using it for a few years and testing it on some local wildlife, I got the hang of using it." Uta answers. "Took me about five years to get a good handle on it and I would sometimes knock out people when I used it in public to scare off my attackers. It was so tough!"

The pair stop then turn back to see Luffy still staring at the passed out elephant.

"...Wow..."

"Is something the matter?" Rayleigh asks.

"No wonder you were his first mate!" Luffy said in awe. "You can knock out half your enemies without laying a finger on them!"

Uta and Rayleigh laugh in response to Luffy's comment.

"Have I earned a little respect?" Rayleigh laughs.

"Uh huh!" Luffy said, nodding. "But this haki stuff, I've seen it before by all sorts of people. There's Uta, Shanks, Grandpa, Eneru, Aisa, Hancock plus her sisters, and all the Kuja warriors."

"I do not doubt it." Rayleigh said. "However, mastering haki is no easy task."

"Got it!" Luffy said.

Suddenly, his stomach growls and Luffy sticks him out hungrily.

"I'm hungry. Can we eat something?" Luffy asks.

"We can eat that giant lizard that has been stalking us for a while." Uta said, pointing behind her.

"Huh? What lizard?" Luffy asks.

Uta grabs her mic spear and extends it suddenly. She then hardens it with haki and hurls it towards the treetops above as if it was a javelin. Something then screeches in pain and a large lizard-like beast falls from the tree and lands onto the ground with a loud thud. When the three looked over, they saw a giant orange horned lizard with razor sharp fangs and claws dead on the ground with Uta's spear embedded in its skull.

"The meat on this thing should be alright." Uta said. "It was going to attack us eventually and so I might as well take it down."

"That's a man eating chameleon." Rayleigh said. "It's scales are as strong as iron and muscle thick as stone. Almost impossible to cut or pierce by normal means. It's also one of the few animals in the animal kingdom to conceal its presence completely. Only the greatest of observation haki users could sense it once that beast begins to stalk you."

"Wow." Luffy said, looking at Uta in shock. "So, you used observation haki to find the reptile and then used armament haki to cut through its scales."

"Yup and if you train correctly, you can do the same thing I can." Uta said. "For now, I wanna eat so let's roast this thing!"

Rayleigh and Luffy hauled the lizard over to carve it out while Uta builds a fire to cook the animal. Once Uta gets the fire started, the group begins to roast huge chunks of reptile meat over the fire and wait for it to be roasted. Some animals dared to watch the group, but they decided to keep their distance due to the presence of Rayleigh. Once the meat was charred brown and was covered with salt and jungle herbs, the group began to feast on the meat. Uta has never camped out in the wilderness since her time with the Red Haired Pirates and she has never seen such large pieces of meat before either. Uta couldn't wait to take a bite as the meat was much too tantalizing to pass up and Luffy was having it even worse.

"Alright, it's ready." Rayleigh said, handing the pair a large chunk of meat on a bone. "Give it a shot."

Luffy and Uta bite into the meat and once they tasted it, their eyes sparkled with delight.

"SO GOOD!"

"While we eat, let me tell you a little bit about how haki training will work." Rayleigh said. "Ordinarily, it would take longer, but your natural talent for this is strong and I can do what I can in these two years to ground you in the basics of the three types of haki."

"Right." Luffy said as he stuffs his mouth with meat.

"Which one should we focus on?" Uta asks to finish her share of the meal. "I understand that Luffy should learn all three, but what would be best for him to start off with? Like, I tend to focus more on my observation haki over the other three."

"It's true that most people who know haki tend to focus on one that they are most comfortable with, but it's not impossible to be well versed in all three." Rayleigh answers. "I think Luffy will be able to determine which he finds more suitable on his own only after he masters all three types."

"Sounds like fun." Luffy said another, swallowing the last of the meat and bone down his gullet.

"Now then, when it comes to training, I won't be an easy master, Luffy." Rayleigh warns.

"That's what I like to do here!" Luffy said, jumping up with excitement.

"Alright, let's go start then." Rayleigh said.

"Hold on, one last thing!" Luffy said as he turned tails and ran off.

The two were confused about Luffy's actions and Uta decided to go off after him just to make sure. He's not going to get himself killed or something. Eventually she follows Luffy back to the clearing where they were met with the white tree that no animal would go near. Luffy then begins to talk to himself as he takes his hat off and puts it down on one of the stones that were sticking out from the base of the tree along with the vivre card he got from Rayleigh.

"Hey, is it really ok for the infamous 'Straw Hat' to leave his hat behind during training?" Uta asks approaching Luffy.

"'Straw Hat' Luffy is taking a break." Luffy said. "He'll be disappearing from the world to train."

"I see." Uta said smiling.

Luffy turns around and is kicked in the face by Uta and tumbles across into the ground and into a tree.

"OW! That hurts!" Luffy growls as he holds his face in pain. "What gives Uta?"

Luffy looks to see Uta staring at him while cracking her knuckles while smirking evilly.

"Do you have any idea how long I have been waiting to fight you at full force?" Uta asks eagerly. "Ever since I arm wrestled you back in Loguetown. Ever since then, I have been looking forward to fighting you with all my might."

Luffy stands up and begins to cackle.

"When was the last time we had a mock fight?" Luffy asks, cracking his neck.

"A decade believe it or not." Uta answers. "You were pretty easy to beat back then."

"Back then you kept on tricking me." Luffy counters angrily raising his fists. "Your tricks won't fool me anymore!"

"Luffy, I no longer need tricks to beat you. My skills and haki far surpass yours and now I have the perfect opportunity to prove it to you!" Uta said, smiling evilly. "Your first opponent in your haki training will be me, don't hold back!"

The two stare at each other down and they both begin to have flashbacks of when they first had their first competitions and their first time with pirate training. Despite the aggressive behavior, neither side showed any signs of animosity towards each other. Rather, their fighting spirits have been flared and they were both ready to give it their all.

"My punches are just as strong as a pistol." Luffy warns as he activates Second Gear. "No way you can beat me."

"I'm the beautiful diva and daughter of 'Red Haired' Shanks." Uta said to Luffy as she put up a stance. "A former village boy like you has no chance of beating me."

~

If you want to become a pirate, then as a pirate myself, I'll train you!

Really?! You mean it?!

You better be prepared, because I'm going to teach you everything you need to know on being a pirate!

~

"...."

"Uta..."

"Gum Gum Jet..."

Both teens dashed towards each other with their fist clenched.

"Punch!"

"Pistol!"

Phew, that's it for now! Sorry it took a little longer than usual. Next chapter, we will see our first real fight between Uta and Luffy! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and see you next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.8K 25
Friendship, love, trust, happiness, pain, darkness and sadness all in one. A beautiful, young girl named Sky Marvell was rescued by the Strawhat cre...
12.5K 509 14
(MODERN AU) β€’ β€’ ⚠️THIS FANFIC CONTAINS MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION AS WELL AS OTHER MAJOR THEMES⚠️ Abuse. Child abuse. One of the worst thing...
1.5K 112 9
A young woman, y/n, has met someone who reminds her of a friend she had back before she was adopted. Killer has been searching for a friend who sudde...
2.1K 59 11
Started: Aug 24, 2023- ? You are a strong young woman who ate a dog devil fruit and wants to travel the Grandline. Wanting adventure, looking for lov...