Uta's Idol.

By TanijiroOdd

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!! PLEASE DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'RE READY FOR SPOILERS REGARDING ONE PIECE FILM RED OR ANY F... More

I'm Uta.
Luffy and Uta.
Pirate Training.
Bink's Sake.
First Disaster.
Our Dreams and a New Genesis.
A Tour Before Departure.
I'll Get Stronger! Uta Starts Training.
The Power Of Observation Haki.
Elegia: The Island of Music
Concert Of A Lifetime.
Demon's Awakening.
Disownment.
Uta And The Five Stages.
The Sing Sing Fruit's Secret, the History of Tot Musica.
Uta's First Concert.
A Family Reunion.
Uta vs The Gale Pirates.
Uta Makes Her First Single.
'Diva' Red And The Ones Who'll Support Her.
Q&A Chapter!
A Change In The World.
Traveling Across The East Blue.
Return to Windmill Village.
The Rising Star of the East Blue 'Straw Hat' Luffy!
I'M THE MAN WHO'LL BECOME THE PIRATE KING!
It's BACKLIGHT!
Uta and the Grand Line.
Q&A Chapter + OC Profiles!
Uta And Ace.
'Fire Fist' Ace vs 'Diva' Red.
Until Next Time!
Welcome To The Caledon Kingdom.
'Massacre Dancer' Rave.
All, But A Fleeting Lullaby.
Across The World.
Concert At Sabaody.
Uta's Date at Sabaody Park?
Save The Mermaid, Camie!
Q&A Chapter + Fun Facts!
Pandemonium In The Auction House!
Silvers Raleigh, The Straw Hat Pirates, And Uta.
Section Leaders Take Action!
Cruel Separation.
Ace's Fate And Truths Unfolded.
Countdown Towards The War Of The Best.
Witnessing The War Of The Best.
Death And Despair.
We're Finally Reunited.
My Message.
Return To Marineford. (1 year Anniversary! Please Read 'Thank You' Comment!)
Q&A Chapter + Fanart Gallery!
Learning The Way of Haki In The Island of Rusukaina.
A Spar Ten Years In The Making. Uta vs Luffy!
You're My Idol, Now and Forever.
Last Day On Rusukainu.
The Volour Family.
Returning to Elegia.
Man of Science, Dr. Vegapunk.
'Diva' Red the Live Streamer.
The Sing Sing Fruit's Dark Secret.
Tension In Elegia.
Uta vs Abell! A Battle for Leadership.
Uta's Plan. Revive The Demon King of Songs!
The Dark Summoning.
Demon's Reawakening.
The Power Of The 'Demon King of Songs'.
'Demonic Diva' Uta Musica.

Save Luffy! Rayleigh and Uta Depart.

1.3K 41 11
By TanijiroOdd

Now that the war's over, what will become of Uta? Judging from the title, we can assume what there is to come. The outcome however, you will have to read to see what will happen for yourself. More angst to come as Uta goes down this spiral. I don't own One Piece.

Luffy, please be safe...

"...Ugh..."

Uta groans as she slowly rises up from a couch with a massive headache. Uta rubs her neck as she was in slight pain. The diva looks around to check her surroundings to see that she's in a bar. More specifically, the one owned by Shakky. Uta can assume that she was taken here by Rayleigh. Uta holds her head as she tries to remember what has happened. She was filled with dread for a brief moment after witnessing Ace's death and Luffy's state.

"Shanks appeared when I was watching the war and then I guess Rayleigh knocked me out." Uta grumbles as she cracks her neck. "Can't he be more delicate?"

"Well, you wouldn't listen and if I let you stay there, you would've gone down into the tsunami along with the building."

Uta turns to see Rayleigh sitting across the room sipping on some whiskey and reading the newspaper. Shakky then came from around the corner and noticed Uta sitting up.

"Welcome back, you've been out for a few days." Shakky said. "My guess is that you were under a huge amount of stress and it all took its toll on you. Maybe training under me and Rayleigh plus you watching the war took too much out of you."

Uta couldn't believe she was out cold for that long, but she can't complain at the moment. She slowly sits up and holds her head in her hands as she gets a splitting headache.

"My condolences to what happened to your friend." Shakky adds. "I can't say I'm too pleased with the war's results."

"I'm more worried about Luffy." Uta said standing up. "I can't imagine what he's going through right now. He must be in so much pain."

"I would like to go see him, but I have no idea where he would be now that he was taken away by that pirate, Trafalgar Law." Rayleigh said. "It would've been easier if he stayed in Amazon Lily..."

"Hold on a minute, can you go back a few?" Uta asks. "Luffy was taken? Isn't Law that guy we saw back at the auction house?"

"Here." Rayleigh said, handing Uta the newspaper. "This came in about an hour ago. The result of the war."

Uta takes the newspaper and begins to read the contents. The title was read as the Marine's victory since Ace was successfully executed and Whitebeard died in battle. The front picture was of Ace and Whitebeard's body. It was a harsh reality for Uta, but she kept on skimming through the paper. There is also a list naming several individuals who have died in battle both Marines and pirates. In the section about Luffy, the paper mentioned not only about his father and grandfather, but that he also broke out of Impel Down and brought with him several criminals to save Ace before coming. Uta was astounded by this fact as it didn't come to light on the broadcast. Regarding Luffy's whereabouts, he and Jimbe escaped due to the interference of the 'Surgeon of Death' Trafalgar Law and was pursued by the Warlord Boa Hancock. However, there were several parts missing that confused Uta. Number one was Shanks appearance. Not once did it mention that he took part in battle. The other, which was more concerning to Uta, was how there was a lack of information on Blackbeard. The article says that he killed Whitebeard, dismissed himself from the Warlord system, and escaped shortly after. It mentioned nothing about gaining the power of the Tremor Tremor Fruit or how he recruited the infamous criminals who were supposed to be locked away in Impel Down. Since Uta witnessed the war first hand, Uta was surprised at how little information there was.

"They left out the more pressuring information to protect the World Government's self esteem." Rayleigh said as if he was reading Uta's mind. "They did the same thing with Roger's death."

"Is the news always like this?" Uta asks. "How can they leave out things like this?"

"To save their own skin and protect their ego." Shakky answers. "Think of it like you hiding your identity as a pirate's daughter."

"Well, in that case, I guess I can understand." Uta said not willing to argue with that logic. "Anyways, I can't believe they sent Hancock to go after Luffy. She probably wants revenge for Luffy hugging her."

"Yeah, I can see that happening." Rayleigh said, rubbing his beard. "We could go and ask her for any leads, but I doubt we will get any information. However, it does make me wonder how Luffy got from Amazon Lily to Impel Down."

"He would have to get there by ship, right?" Uta asks.

"Government ship." Shakky corrects. "Only members of the World Government have access to that prison. It would be impossible for Luffy to enter under normal circumstances."

"That would mean he would've gotten help from someone who works with the World Government, right?" Uta asks. "So it would have to be a Marine or a World Government member."

"Or a Warlord." Rayleigh adds. "Like Hancock."

Since the Warlords were pirates, Uta completely forgot about that option.

"Still, I can't imagine someone like Hancock helping a man." Rayleigh said, crossing his arms.

"Huh? Why not?" Uta asks.

"Hancock hates, no, despises men." Rayleigh answers. "She wouldn't help one, even if she was held at gunpoint."

Uta then suddenly fears for Luffy as she begins to imagine the worst for what she could've done to Luffy during his time at Amazon Lily.

"What if Hancock fell in love with Luffy?" Shakky suggests.

Uta's widened with shock and all the images of cruelty towards Luffy turns to Hancock being close to him. Eventually, her imagination got the better of her.

"ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Uta screams. "NO WAY IN HELL!"

"On a more calmer scale, I agree with Uta." Rayleigh said, as he took a sip of his alcohol. "I can't imagine that being the case since Hancock hates the World Government and men."

"But if she did, wouldn't everything add up?" Shakky asks, smiling. "He is pretty cute after all, right Uta?"

Uta blushes stutters from the sudden spotlight's attention.

"Even if that's true, I can't see how this all fits." Uta said unhappy with Shakky's theory. "Like what Rayleigh says, she hates men."

"If my theory is right, I would believe Hancock allowed Luffy to get into Impel Down unnoticed." Shakky said. "Luffy asked her to help him save his brother and she uses her authority to get him into Impel Down undetected by using her status as a Warlord. If she has the case of 'Love Sickness', then maybe she would go through the trouble of helping Luffy to gain his affection."

Uta didn't like Shakky theory, but it would make sense if Hancock was as lovestruck as Shakky thinks she is, then it would all make sense.

"And seeing that her beloved Luffy was injured in battle, maybe she went after him to house him at the Isle of Women, away from Marine eyes." Shakky continues.

Uta's body shakes with both unknown jealousy, but was left unnoticed.

"Hahaha...I don't think so?" Uta said nervously.

"I think your imagination is getting the better of you, Shakky." Rayleigh chuckles. "That can't possibly be the case."

"What Rayleigh said!" Uta quickly said. "Either way, Luffy would never be with her!"

"I didn't say Luffy will fall in love with Hancock." Shakky said, smirking. "Besides, if you're really that worried, why don't you and Ray go check it out for yourselves?"

"I'm going!" Uta roars. "I'm going to go and save Luffy!"

"Calm down, Uta." Rayleigh said. "We'll go, but first I need to ask, is this a good idea?"

Uta looks over at Rayleigh confused.

"Luffy is in a state of shock and depression, no doubt since his brother died in his arms. Not only that, but he might still be confused by the fact that you're Uta." Rayleigh explains. "Also, are you even prepared to face him after what happened here?"

Uta remembers her fight with Kuma and how Luffy disappeared before her eyes. Uta then clenches her fists and dreads from remembering. The last words he spoke to her were still ingrained in her memory. However, a further memory proved to her otherwise. A promise to Ace.

~

As you know, Luffy is quite the handful and someone like you will be perfect for when I'm gone.

~

"I can't leave these things behind." Uta said shakingly. "I will accept whatever punishment may come if I meet Luffy again, and I promised him to tell the truth."

~

Luffy, please listen to my selfish request. Once I see you next, I promise I'll tell you everything I know about Uta. Can you trust me on this and please hold off until then?

Ok then! I'll trust you. If it's you, I'm willing to wait.

~

"I won't forgive myself if I don't take this chance to at least comfort him." Uta said confidently. "If I have the power to help him then I will, not as Red, but the girl who is his childhood friend, Uta!"

Rayleigh was taken aback by Uta's determination, but Shakky's chuckle brought him back.

"If she's that determined, why not bring her along?" Shakky suggests. "Her colleagues probably haven't reached Elegia yet and Amazon Lily is only a four day trip by boat at most."

Rayleigh looks at Uta again and senses a familiar aura from her. Although quite faint, it was almost like he was staring back at Shanks. That determination and mindset. There was no mistaking it.

"Alright then." Rayleigh said smiling. "After all this, there's no way I can say no now."

Uta lets out a sigh of relief and nods.

"So, how will we get there and do you even know where it is?" Uta asks.

"I have a sailing boat we can use and as for its location, I know it by heart." Rayleigh said standing up. "C'mon, the sooner the better. With all the chaos from the war, there should be a lack of Marines and that's are chance to go and set sail."

"Ok, but there's a lot of things that I have questions about regarding the situation." Uta said. "Then again, I'll ask once we get on that trip since I don't want to get seen by the Marines either."

"Hold on for a moment, you two." Shakky said as she pulled out a paper and pencil.

Shakky begins to write on a piece of paper and after a few moments, she hands the piece of paper to Rayleigh.

"I have no interest in going, but please give this to you know who." Shakky said.

"Sure." Rayleigh said.

Uta goes upstairs to change into some of Shakky's clothes since hers were a mess. Rayleigh grabs his trusty sword and goes and prepares for the journey, only bringing some food and drink for half a week. When Uta finishes, she comes down wearing her borrowed outfit and mic spear in hand. The teen's new outfit starts off with a pink shirt that has the picture of a purple star in the center with the words 'Star Singer' circling it. She is wearing black denim shorts which are strapped by a leather belt and her jacket is tied around her waist. She has also decided to go with her casual hairstyle, but she has her hat and face mask ready to hide her face since she will be taking a small walk to the boat. She's also carrying a red backpack that holds several different belongings.

"You really have a great wardrobe." Uta compliments as she admires her clothes.

"Keep the outfit, it looks good on you." Shakky said smiling. "Besides, I have too many outfits to choose from."

"Really? Thanks!" Uta said smiling.

"Good luck and stay safe." Shakky said as Uta and Rayleigh walked out.

Rayleigh leads Uta to a small fishing boat, small enough for two people and shows her on.

"Where exactly is Amazon Lily located?" Uta asks as she hops on board.

"In the Calm Belt." Rayleigh answers as he unties the rope to his boat.

Uta was somewhat hesitant as she can't imagine this small boat managing a voyage into the Calm Belt where the Sea King's live. Then again, since this is a former member of the Pirate King's crew, perhaps that will change things. Besides, she's already dedicated to going on this trip and no use turning back now. Rayleigh uses a paddle to push the boat into the ocean and Uta hoists the sails.

"Do you have a log pose or something to help us navigate?" Uta asks as looks back to see the shrinking Archipelago.

"I told you, didn't I? I know how to get there by heart." Rayleigh said. "Don't worry about finding the place, leave it to me."

Uta simply nods and goes into the cabin to sit. She then takes out some music sheets from her backpack and a pencil. She then titles one of the music sheets 'Where The Wind Blows' and begins to hum.

~A half a day later...

Nope. Uta sighs. Nothing.

Uta has been thinking up for hours and hours on how she can finish the song, her friend and Ace's favorite, but can't get anything past the first verse and chorus. Since this was the first song she came up with, it's quite embarrassing that she couldn't figure it out on her own. She knew the others wouldn't make fun of her, but to Uta, this was more than just some new song. There was a history behind it and finishing seems more important than ever.

I need a break, let's see what Rayleigh is up to. Uta said as she stood up.

Uta opens the door and sees Rayleigh relaxing on a chair with his flask in hand. Uta looks up at the sky to see it clear of clouds and the stars shining above her. Even the crescent moon was there.

"It's a beautiful night, isn't it. You want a drink? Maybe a snack?" Rayleigh asks. "You haven't eaten a full meal for the last few days."

Uta never really thought about it, but since she was training with Shakky and Rayleigh the day after her friends left, she mostly got away with eating a granola bar or jerky. However, she was at a loss for an appetite as of late. Frankly, she couldn't eat, even if she wanted to.

"I'm good, I had something before I left." Uta lies. "Are we close to Amazon Lily?"

"I would say another three hours will do it." Rayleigh said. "We will get there late this afternoon at this rate."

"Ok then." Uta said as she sat on the floor next to the old man. "By the way, why do you know so much about Hancock and Amazon Lily? Based on what you said, it seems like you know the people there."

"Hm, well, I guess it doesn't hurt to tell you my history." Rayleigh said. "I'll keep it simple."

Uta grabs a water bottle that she has on her and begins to drink from it.

"You see, after we disbanded, the Roger Pirates went their separate ways and traveled on their own." Rayleigh begins. "I sailed to the island of Amazon Lily by pure coincidence. That's where the Kuja Tribe, a group of women warriors, live."

"That sounds rough." Uta said as she began to imagine a bunch of ruthless amazons. "I bet they were vicious women."

"On the contrary, when I was there, the Kuja Tribe was quite open." Rayleigh laughs as he can imagine why Uta would believe that. "You see, a long time ago, men weren't really looked down upon as it is today. They treated me with great kindness."

Uta listened and was a bit taken aback since she's used to how the current workings of the Island of Women.

"The Empress, and former captain of the Kuja Pirates, at that time was the one who offered me hospitality." Rayleigh said thinking back. "She's the kindest and most intelligent woman out there and I was very fortunate to have met her back then."

"Oh, who is she?" Uta asks as she gets more interested in the story.

"Huh? You met her already." Rayleigh said. "It's Shakky."

Uta blinks a couple of times for the realization to sink in.

"EH?! SHAKKY WAS A EMPRESS AND CAPTAIN?!" Uta screams in shock. "So that's why she was so strong. I knew she wasn't ordinary, but still."

"Well getting back to the story, we decided to go off to sea together and settled in the Sabaody Archipelago." Rayleigh said. "Since the trip to Amazon Lily wasn't too far off, we go there every year or so to visit."

"I see, so that's why you're so familiar with it." Uta said. "You said that the women were welcoming of men, in the past, why did that change?"

Rayleigh's smile turns to a frown and takes a sip from his flask.

"It was Hancock, the one who took the role of Empress after Shakky, who made that call." Rayleigh said. "When she and her sisters were just starting as pirates, they were captured and went through terrible ordeals that made them dislike men with a hatred. Through a miracle, those three escaped and me, Shakky, and the Empress before Shakky helped them get back into Kuja society. If it wasn't for those two, I would've earned their trust as I did."

"I guess you're not willing to tell me more?" Uta asks, slightly ashamed to pry.

"Let's just say that this, those sisters looked as if they came back from hell and took months for them to get back their personalities." Rayleigh said. "I don't know what atrocities they've gone through myself. Out of the ones who hate the men the most, Hancock in general has the strongest dislike among them all. It's because of her that she taught the current generation of Kuja that men are not to be trusted and should be disliked."

"I see, so that's why you don't believe in Shakky's words." Uta said as she drifted off a bit. "I kinda feel bad for her if that's the reason why she hates men."

"That being said, if Luffy is someone who can change Hancock, that would be something." Rayleigh said smiling.

"Well, he IS an amazing person." Uta said smiling. "He won't fall in love, but he can surely change people."

Uta coughs out some blood after shooting herself in the foot with that quote, but recovers before Rayleigh can notice.

"Well, enough of that." Rayleigh said, stretching his arms. "You can go and sleep in the cabin, ok? We got ourselves quite the voyage and I want to make sure you're rested up."

"Ok, got it." Uta said as she headed back. "Night, Rayleigh."

"Good night, Uta." Rayleigh said back.

~The following day...

Uta slowly gets up to the familiar feeling of being rocked by the ocean waves. No matter how comfy her bed is back at Elegia, it doesn't beat the feeling of being at sea. Gordon gets seasick so she doesn't get that luxury as much as she hoped she does. One of the perks of life at sea. Uta stretches and makes sure to comb her hair before meeting Rayleigh on deck. When she gets outside, she's surprised to see the old man fishing without a care in the world.

"Good morning." Uta yawns.

"Morning." Raleigh greets. "Want to fish with me?"

"Maybe later." Uta said as she walked up to the top of the cabin.

Uta looks over to the sea and sees nothing as far as the eye can see. Just open ocean. Uta closes her eyes and begins to hum a bit and nod her beat.

Ba da da da da da.

Uta begins to whistle a tune as she taps her feet to a slow beat.

My time is now up.
Someone laughed again.
All right, hide and seek is over.
Let's go, come on make our hearts beat loudly.

Something will change.
Be tough, there's still time.

Uta leans on the cabin and takes a deep breath.

Let's raise it!
We can't go on.
Living a life of nothing, but loneliness.

We're young, so we're free.
A foolish dream. We live it.

Rayleigh smiles at Uta as she continues to sing.

We'll illuminate the dark path ahead.
Get on our feet and try.
Let's see the ends of the world together.
Together, we can go and fly.

Rayleigh puts down his fishing pole and begins to applaud for Uta. The teen turns around surprised.

"Did I sing out loud?" Uta asks. "Sorry, I didn't think I was..."

"It was a beautiful song." Rayleigh said, interrupting Uta. "What is it called?"

"It's called 'Raise'." Uta said blushing. "It's my first time singing that song, so I really haven't memorized the entire song."

"A shame the concert ended." Rayleigh said as he recast his fishing line.

"Huh? What do you mean 'ended'?" Uta asks as her ego inflates. "Red's concert is just beginning and you have a front row seat."

"I'm looking forward to it." Rayleigh said smiling. "I've always wanted to go to one of your concerts."

Uta clears her throat and faces the sea once more and racks her brain for another song to sing. She then snaps her fingers.

Ahhh, ahhh, ahhhh!

All of the sudden, the sound of guitars and drums begin to fill the air and the music notes begin to appear out of thin air. Rayleigh was shocked at first, but soon came to understand that this was Uta's doing.

"So this is the power of the Sing Sing Fruit." Rayleigh said. "What a beautiful power."

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand,
For the endless everlasting world out there!

I know that with this burning passion driving me,
Someday, somewhere, I'll finally see the light I have searched for everywhere!
When the summer sun is shining, shaking the sails of my heart I know.

Fly away, glum blue sea...

Rayleigh was surprised to see Uta's voice resonate and looked at his surroundings in awe.

A brand new world that had been hiding has opened up its doors for me to go!

Fly away, glum blue sky...

Swaying in the troubled waves, from all despair I can be saved,
For the horizon on the other side is....
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah...is what I aim for!

Soon the music notes explode into sparkling bits and Rayleigh couldn't help but laugh as he watches and listens to Uta.

And though I've traveled far from where my search began,
Over seas of green and shores of sand,
Through the endless, everlasting world out there!

I know that with this burning passion driving me,
Someday, somewhere, I'll finally see the light I have searched everywhere!

The music then stops and everything begins to settle down. However, the floating colorful music notes remain making the view quite lovely.

"Wow, Shanks wasn't exaggerating about your singing." Rayleigh said laughing. "In fact, the stories are shy in comparison."

"Ahaha, thanks!" Uta said as she scratched her nose with embarrassment. "I've never sang for such a famous figure before, so I'm kinda nervous."

"By the way, is the Uta World? That magical place where music comes to life?" Rayleigh asks as he pokes one of the floating music notes. "A world in the subconscious if I remember correctly."

"You know your stuff." Uta said as she snapped her fingers which made a bottle of sake appear. "All this is just a figment of the imagination that I created by singing and putting people to sleep."

Uta tosses the sake bottle for which Rayleigh catches and opens.

"I'm still conscious of the outside world, so I need to worry about the boat sinking while you're asleep." Uta said. "Once I'm tired out and I sleep or go unconscious, then the world disappears and everyone who was affected by powers wakes up."

"That ability is perfect for any singer." Rayleigh said as he took a sip from the sake bottle. "The power of imagination is a powerful one after all."

The power of imagination, huh? Uta repeats in her head. No kidding, that's what created Tot Musica.

Just then, Uta gains a realization at what Rayleigh just said. In order to defeat Tot Musica, she begins to wonder if maybe using the imaginative power of Uta World could be the key to defeating Tot Musica. Maybe Tot Musica and the Uta World are connected somehow. Tot Musica was created by awakening the Sing Sing Fruit's powers and the user who made that demon must've created it by singing. However, in order to make things through this power, you would have to enter the Uta World.Then again, the man who made Tot Musica apparently had already achieved in Awakening the Sing Sing Fruit's powers. Even so, there must be a connection somewhere.

"Anyways, can you sing something more familiar?"

Uta's mind snaps back as Rayleigh unknowingly interrupts her thoughts.

"Well there is Bink's Sake." Uta said after thinking a bit. "You should know that song pretty well."

"Ah, that brings back memories." Rayleigh said. "You know what? How about a song you sang back when you were with Luffy? Surely there were some songs that he liked."

Uta looks down for a moment. The only song that comes to mind was that one. There wasn't any other. No other song she sang to Luffy had the same impact as the others. Uta closes her eyes and begins to think back.

~Ten years ago...

"Hey, Uta, do you make any music?"

"Do you mean make my own? Yeah, I have one song that I made. Although, it's not complete."

Up in one of the abandoned windmills, is Uta and Luffy eating some onigiri made by Makino. After the two had a competition, which Uta won of course. The two were casually watching the sun set in the background as they ate. The two have been acquainted for several months and have now accepted each other as friends.

"I only have a verse and chorus for that song." Uta explains.

"What's a verse? Is that a type of food?" Luffy asks.

"Never mind." Uta sighs. "Do you want me to sing it?"

"I want to hear it!" Luffy said excitedly.

Uta smiles and she closes her eyes.

Where did it come from? Where could this wind be taking us?

I look up to the sky hoping for answers but there is no reply. Where will it end up, this song that I've been a vessel for?

I look within knowing I'll find the answer even on my own. Let's row out to the open sea, as far as we can go.

To the unknown...

Luffy's eyes grow heavy.

I've got to keep on dreaming. No surrendering, go on.

Hoist the sail inside my open heart and let me heed the call of the sea.

I've got to keep on singing, until you feel it, just hold on.

Oh, the winds will change, I promise you. My voice will see us through to the end.

Uta opens her eyes and lets out a heavy sigh.

"Well, how did you like..."

Luffy then slumps on Uta's shoulder catching her off guard.

"Get off me!" Uta said as she pushed Luffy aside for which he fell on his side.

Uta thought she pushed the boy too hard, but he was asleep. Normally, this would be one of power's side effects, but she didn't activate.

"Oh, I get it." Uta said softly. "Was my song that good enough to put you to sleep?"

The thought was hilarious. This wasn't Luffy's first time hearing this song, but for some reason it had this effect on him. He and Uta were hanging out and running out all day so perhaps the moment he began to relax, he fell asleep. If her singing has that kind of effect to make people relaxed, then that's all she can hope for. Luffy's reaction is all she needed. Even though the song is not much of a lullaby, she'll take it if that's what it means to Luffy. She puts a napkin on her lap and heaves her friend and lays on him on her lap.

"I hope you and I can go to the seas together someday." Uta said with a sigh. "Wouldn't that be amazing? Our New Genesis would be much easier to achieve, don't you think?"

Luffy grumbles in response to Uta's voice and Uta pats her friend's head.

"If only."

~

"There was one song that Luffy loved that would always make him relax." Uta said thinking back. "Ironically enough, when I first met Ace, it became his favorite song too. To the point where it brought him to tears."

Rayleigh was silent as he drank from the bottle.

"I see you were much closer to him then I last thought." Rayleigh said.

"I promised the next time I see him, I would finish that song." Uta said as she feels the sea breeze hits her face. "Unfortunately, I couldn't make that promise. However, it was still a favorite song of both him and Luffy, so I'll complete it to sing to Luffy. If anything will make him forgive me for what I did, it would be to sing for him again."

"Very noble." Rayleigh said smiling. "Can I hear this song?"

"Of course." Uta said smiling.

Uta begins to create the song of a piano and lets it play for a bit.

Where did it come from? Where could this wind be taking us?

I look up to the sky hoping for answers but there is no reply. Where will it end up, this song that I've been a vessel for?

I look within knowing I'll find the answer even on my own. Let's row out to the open sea, as far as we can go.

To the unknown...

It soon becomes an orchestra and Uta stands up to sing.

I've got to keep on dreaming. No surrendering, go on.

Hoist the sail inside my open heart and let me heed the call of the sea.

I've got to keep on singing, until you feel it, just hold on.

Oh, the winds will change, I promise you. My voice will see us through to the end.

All of the sudden, the instruments begin to change tunes and the sky begins to flash with color as Uta surrounds herself with music notes.

I've got to keep on dreaming. No surrendering, go on.

Oh, and even if I disappear, my song will still ring out for you to hear.

I've got to keep on singing, want you to feel it, just hold on.

Oh, the winds will change, I promise you. My voice will see us through to the end.

The music continues and Uta just looks forward stunned.

"Did I just add to the song?" Uta asks herself.

Uta feels a strange presence behind her and so she turns to face the other side. Her eyes widen with shock as she sees Ace sitting next to the front of the boat smiling at her. He said something to Uta for which she could barely understand.

"Ace?" Uta asks as she takes a forward. "Please tell me this isn't a dream."

Ace smiles warmly and tilts his hat before he fades away along with the music. Uta tears up as she stares flabbergasted. Uta begins to walk towards the pirate, but she slowly becomes drowsy as the surprise of seeing Ace breaks her focus and the spell of Uta World.

Oh, right. Uta thought as she felt her strength leave her. This is all one big dream.

Uta then begins to feel drowsy and she can see the Uta World slowly fade.

Luffy, please, don't succumb to the pain. I understand what it's like to lose someone helplessly. Uta thought as she landed on the ground. Don't be afraid of defeat, accept it and move on...that's what HE would say...

Uta then falls unconscious.

"This is the first time I woke up from drinking without having a hangover." Rayleigh jokes as he gets up and stretches. "What a pleasant nap."

Rayleigh walks up to the top of the cabin where Uta was standing and sees her fast asleep with tears dripping down her eyes. Rayleigh didn't need an explanation as to why Uta was crying and he picks her up and carries her to the bed inside the boat.

"It'll be a long couple of days." Rayleigh said. "Hang in there, Luffy. We will be there soon."

~Four days later...

"What the hell was with that storm?! It broke our boat to pieces!"

"Quiet will you? You're not the one who has to swim."

"Trust me, I could if I would!"

Yesterday, a dangerous storm brewed which shattered the boat that Rayleigh and Uta were sailing on. Naturally, since Uta can't swim, she sits on a piece of wood while Rayleigh swims across the ocean by tying the plank to his body. Unfortunately for Uta, the incident left her clothes in ruin and she has multiple cuts on her body while Rayleigh got out unscathed. According to Rayleigh, he can make it to Amazon Lily in the next hour or so by swimming from their location, but the problem is that they're in the Calm Belt.

"Hm?" Uta grumbles as she stands up which makes her wobble a bit. "Rayleigh, do you sense that?"

"Yeah." Rayleigh said as he continued to swim. "Think you can take it on your own?"

"Take what?" Uta asks.

Suddenly, the ocean begins to stir and a giant Sea King rears its head from out of the ocean.

"Ah, I get it now." Uta said as she grabbed her mic spear. "I can't believe I forgot something so obvious."

Uta almost forgot that the Calm Belt was home to the most vicious creatures of the depths, the Sea Kings. This Sea King looked like a giant barracuda with the sail of an oarfish. This monster is at least twice, no more than three times the size of the one that Uta fought back in Windmill Village. It was longer than a Marine warship and its jaws could swallow the boat that she and Rayleigh were sailing on. The monster opens its jaws and attempts to bite down on the two individuals. Uta jumps in the air while Rayleigh dives into the sea. While she jumps off the air, Uta uses Diva Divot on the monster, but it only leaves a scratch causing alarm for her. At the very least, it did enough to catch the beast's attention.

"Uh...sorry."

ROAR!

"Dubstep!"

Uta darts around the monster as it tries and chomps down at her. Uta looks for Rayleigh to see his head peeking out the ocean. While she was distracted, the Sea King was at jaws length and opened its mouth wide. Uta swings her spear back and hardens it with armament haki hoping she has a chance of parrying the monster.

"Diva Divine: Divulse!" Uta yells.

Clang! Pow!

Uta successfully saves herself from the monster's jaws by cutting off one of its teeth, but it was much too strong for her and the Sea King slams its head into Uta's body. Uta flies into the air as blood flies from her previous wounds and nose. Uta jumps off the air and gets back her momentum.

That was close. Uta thought as rubs her head. I almost blacked out.

The monster licks its lips and roars in anger as it feels something important to it missing. Then it looks to its side searching for the puny human who dared to break its tooth.

"That damn fish!" Uta growls as she wipes the blood from her mouth. "I'll make sashimi out of you!"

Uta kicks off the air and somersaults towards the monster. She then lands a powerful kick to the Sea King's temple which was enough to make its eyes roll back. The monster groans in response, but pushes Uta back once it regains its senses. The diva covers her spear in armament haki once more and then twirls it above her head. The monster sees Uta and growls hungrily as it raises its head and opens its jaws. Uta hesitates as she watches the monster's mouth get closer to her.

"Wait, a minute..."

Chomp!

Rayleigh is shocked as he watches the monster close its jaws on Uta.

"Damn it, it was too much to ask of her!" Rayleigh said as he swam towards the monster. "I need to save her before..."

Grrrr...urk!

Rayleigh stops swimming and looks at the Sea King who's acting strangely. Blood suddenly seeps out of its mouth as its eyes go white. A sharp wind suddenly circles around the monster's neck which makes the water ripple. Blood spills out from the Sea King's neck and its head flies off its body. Uta then hops out from the Sea King's neck and she lands on top of its corpse. The diva sits up and looks at her surroundings shocked. Rayleigh laughs wholeheartedly at Uta's accomplishment.

"I thought I was dead!" Uta said, catching her breath. "Did I do this? Did I actually manage to beat that thing?"

"Welcome to the big leagues, kid." Rayleigh laughs as he climbs on top of the dead Sea King. "Killing a Sea King of this size is a great feat."

"Really?!" Uta asks excitedly. "If I could take this thing on..."

"However, you beat this thing by dumb luck it seems." Rayleigh said as he pulled out his sword. "While your haki has grown stronger in just a couple of days, which is amazing on itself, you haven't tapped into it fully. The fact that you don't even know how you killed this creature is proof of that."

"Whatever." Uta said. "Let's just go see Luffy."

Rayleigh stabs his sword into the Sea King corpse and carves out a massive chunk of flesh. He then sits down and begins to eat away, causing Uta to look at him disgusted.

"What? You think I'm not hungry after swimming all the way from the storm to here?" Rayleigh asks.

"That's not the issue." Uta said horrified. "No way did I see you just eat a Sea King raw."

"It's perfectly safe." Rayleigh reassures Uta. "Roger and I used to do this in our youths. That really brings me back."

Those two are monsters. Uta thought as she watched the 'Dark King' eat the raw piece of meat.

"I wish I had some sake to go with this," Rayleigh asks midbite. "You want a piece?"

"No, I'm good." Uta reassures the former second in command of the Roger Pirates.

Uta may be hungry for not eating much this past week, but no way is she eating a Sea King that just died. After Rayleigh had his fill of Sea King meat, he resumed his swim to Amazon Lily with Uta in tow. Eventually, the island comes into view and Uta stares in awe. The layout looks like a jungle environment, something she has never seen before, and has a giant mountain with snake sculptures surrounding it. Only one word can describe this place: beautiful. Uta narrows her eyes as she senses several people on the shoreline, one which was unusually powerful. Comparable to Luffy if Uta would have to estimate. Still, they were not hostile. On the contrary, they seem friendly. Still, you can't be too cautious.

"Hey, Rayleigh, I'll go on ahead." Uta said as she uses Dubstep to propel herself into the air. "I'll meet you there later."

"The Kuja can be a hostile tribe." Rayleigh warns. "Be careful not to be too reckless."

"Got it." Uta said.

Then she jumps off the air and flies towards the 'Island of Women'. Uta hears a commotion from behind her to see another Sea King attacking Rayleigh. Uta figures that the 'Dark King' could handle himself and so she flies overhead unnoticed by the group below for whom Uta had no care for. Uta eventually reaches the jungle and lands onto the ground. Uta's eyes glow red and she senses familiarity up ahead. After walking forward, she sees two figures. A large fish-man and a teenage boy. Uta didn't need to use haki to know who that boy was. Uta gulps with nervousness as she continues to walk forward. The boy notices her and he stares in shock while the man also looks at Uta confused. Uta holds back her emotions as she stares face to face with the boy.

"Hey, Luffy." Uta greets nervously.

Luffy didn't say anything and just stared at Uta, shocked. Luffy knows that the person before him is a girl named Red, but he tossed all that all out the window.

"You aren't Red, are you?" Luffy asks. "Are you Uta?"

Jimbe was hesitant, at first, but the name 'Uta' seemed to have shocked him.

"I know that name." Jimbe said as he backed away from Luffy. "Ace told me about you. I never expected to meet you here."

Uta walks past Jimbe and cautiously approaches Luffy.

"Hey, answer me!" Luffy said as he wasn't in the best state mentally. "Who're you?! You want me to kick your ass?!"

Luffy tries to get up, but is too weak and falls to his knees. Without answering Luffy's question, Uta kneels before him to look at him at eye level. Uta tries her best to hold back her tears. She touches his cheek and then observes the bandages on his body.

"You were always such a reckless boy." Uta said softly. "Always think about others before yourself."

Luffy begins to cry as snot drips from his nose.

"...Uta...is this really you?" Luffy asks, holding back his tears. "Like really you?"

Just tell him.

"You are slow to notice me." Uta laughs softly as she locks eyes with Luffy. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to meet you. How many years it's been. How many moments I had to hold back. I did have fun in the amusement park though."

Just tell him.

This time, Uta begins to cry and she can barely contain her emotions as she watches her friend weep. She uses her fingers to wipe a tear away from Luffy, but would just make him cry even more.

"I'm back, Luffy." Uta whispers with a small smile. "My name isn't Red, it's Uta. That same girl from back then."

"...Uta..." Luffy cries.

"I'm sorry about Ace." Uta whimpers. "But, Luffy, I'm so glad you're alive."

Luffy grabs Uta's body and weeps into her shoulders.

"UTA! UTA! UTA!" Luffy cries loudly. "Where have you been?! I missed you!"

Uta was shocked to hear Luffy finally cry for her. Uta begins to cry into Luffy's shoulders and holds him tightly, hoping that she won't lose him again. He's in her arms. The boy whom she loved so much is finally here and safe. Even though she hasn't seen him for a little more than a week, the gap for when she last had this feeling is more like ten years. She couldn't be happier to know Luffy is safe.

"I missed you too, Luffy." Uta cries softly. "I missed you so much."

Uta and Luffy have finally reunited with Luffy now realizing Red is Uta. It also seems that Uta is a whole lot stronger since her encounter with Kuma. Next chapter will be all the fluff. Whether Uta's love will remain one sided is to find out later! Also, there is a certain obstacle that has yet to come between Uta and Luffy. Look forward to what comes next! Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 59 11
Started: Aug 24, 2023- ? You are a strong young woman who ate a dog devil fruit and wants to travel the Grandline. Wanting adventure, looking for lov...
34.8K 1.3K 22
✅Completed✅ ⚠️A LITTLE MIX OF OSHI NO KO AND ONE PIECE FILM RED⚠️ Uta is a world-famous singer or "diva" and the adopted daughter of Red-Haired Shank...
20.9K 395 52
Y/n has always been an amazing daughter,always been loved and taken care of, till tragedy hits, destiny puts her to live with another boy as unfortun...
3.9K 325 33
Before the summery, this is an X Reader book. Y/n will be used, as well as acronyms like (f/c) and (e/c). These are minimal, but it's worth noting ...