Be My Valentine?

By authorbrowniee

‼️UPDATES EVERY SATURDAY ‼️ - Maya Hayes, a billionaire who couldn't care less about Love. Hell, she didn't... More

preliminaries
aesthetics
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
Forty
Forty one
Forty two
Forty three
Forty four
Forty five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two

twenty

2K 105 6
By authorbrowniee

A/N: Guys, I'd appreciate it if you'd interact with the chapters! Even if it's just a small vote or comment!

Celine Dubois' POV:

I can't believe I'm standing in front of a wardrobe full of clothes and yet have nothing to wear. I mean you can't possibly blame me, all I have are short bright dresses that I seemed to enjoy wearing in my early twenties while I tried to fit in, thinking it was fun... it really wasn't, at-least not for me.

And slowly the wardrobe changed into jeans and tops, floral dresses, that I seemed to be enjoying too much. I really couldn't bother with the party scenes again.

As I stare down at the pile of clothes in front of me, contemplating on what to wear, my phone rings.

"Damn, just pick anything, Lisa!" I tell myself right before answering the call.

"Hello?" I question, not sure who it was.

"It's Mason," I hear shifting from the other end before a nervous voice speaks up.

"I got your number from Louis, though I forgot to ask you or him for the address so I have no idea where you live" He breathes out a nervous chuckle.

"I live upstairs in the same building as the bakery. Just text me when you arrive and I'll head outside." | smile when I see a simple white dress at the bottom of my closet, only to realize it might be too short.

"Alright then, I'll see you later" he mumbles and I quickly say my byes, ending the call and picking up the dress.

I try it on to see it stopping mid thigh and it was high neck so upper body warmth was definitely not an issue.

Looking around the wardrobe, I pick out a beige coat, wrapping it around on top so it looked a little more put together rather than a party dress.

Completing the look with black knee high boots and gold jewelry, I sigh in relief at the final look.

It wasn't too much nor did it look to cheap, perfect for a day like this.

I start with hair and makeup and before I know it, I hear my phone ringing.

"Hey, Mason"

"Hey, I just parked in front of the bakery"

"Give me a second" I mumble, ending the call and looking through my window to see a sleek black car standing.

I quickly head downstairs and walk out to see him now standing outside, next to his car, tapping his foot anxiously.

He notices me walking towards him and brings his hands upfront, holding a bouquet filled with beautiful flowers.

"These are gorgeous, thank you Mason" I smile at him as he hands my the flowers.

"You look..." he places his hands in his front pockets nervously.

"Yes?"

"Gorgeous. You look beautiful" he says once again before opening the passenger door for me.

I get in, placing the flowers on my lap just as he shuts the door, jogging over to the other side before settling in and driving off.

"Where exactly are we going?" I question and he rubs the back of his neck before answering.

"Well, I have a reservation at a restaurant not too far from here, it overseas a lake and has amazing reviews so I thought we might as well check it out. But we can go to another place if you have any in mind, it won't-" he rambles on, glancing at me.

"Mason, it's perfect, I'm sure it'll be amazing" I reassure him and he smiles, giving me a nod.

"Do you want aux?" He asks and I shake my head so he shrugs, connecting his phone instead while almost crashing into a car.

"Mason, do you have your license?" I ask, seeing how badly he drove.

"Don't worry, love, I'm the best driver out there." He grins.

The car ride goes by in a chaotic manner with him rambling on about random stuff while trying to keep focus on the road and choose what music he wanted at the same time.

Kind of adorable if you ask me.

We reach the place and I open the door but Mason quickly hurries towards me, shutting it and opening it once again by himself. I get out with a small chuckle, leaving the flowers on the seat so I could take them when leaving.

The moment I get out the car, I look around, taking in how beautiful everything is. The outside area surrounded by nature, and the lake by the right reflecting the moonlight.

When we step inside the restaurant, and I get taken aback with the setting. It's equally as beautiful as it was from outside with the most perfect view.

Though it seemed to be empty other than us, Mason didn't seem to be bothered by it, instead talking to the host who greets us.

"Are you alright?" He asks worriedly, noticing me not saying a word.

"Yeah, it's all just so... beautiful. This place is amazing just by the looks of it"

"Sir, Ma'am. Follow me, please." The host walks up towards us and we follow him out to the deck with the most stunning view in sight and the low breeze of the wind, it all seemed so.. calm.

"The view is stunning," I whisper, totally in awe of this place and Mason just nods his head in agreement.

"Would you like to drink something now? " The host asks us and Mason turns to look at me in question.

"How about some Champagne?" Mason looks at me and I snort at the same time he does.

"It really isn't your scene either, is it?" He chuckles and I shake my head.

"I'll just have water for now please, thank you" I tell him and the waiter nods, turning to Mason.

"Uhh, same for me" he shrugs and the waiter walks away with a nod.

"Alright Mason, tell me your story" I ask, surprising myself.

"So we're going with blunt today. Okay!" He puts his menu aside and leans back on his chair.

"You know it's the only way I do it." he lets out a soft chuckle.

"All right. Okay, well, I lived in our family home before getting kicked out for bunking classes... again, that's why I'm living with Louis for the moment. You see, I love having company so this was the perfect opportunity for me. Oh and, I like to take up on multiple hobbies, whatever peaks my interest, which was art until now...you know, following in my sisters footsteps. I don't stay in a place for too long, like to keep moving around and getting myself out there."

"How old are you.."

"Twenty-three"

"No wonder you have so much going on in that head of yours"

"Hey, I'm more than just a handsome face" he winks just as the waiter places our waters. "Are you ready to order, sir, ma'am?"

"You know what, surprise me" Mason says, handing the menu back and I contemplate for a moment before giving in. "The same for me"

The waiter chuckles, walking away with a soft smile and I look around once again.

"Isn't it weird that there's no one else here?" I asks and he shakes his head.

"Just in between us, I had to beg my brother to book out this place for us but if you ask if I begged him, I will deny it"

We continue with small talk as they bring our food and he keeps me entertained throughout.

"Do you think we can take a walk outside once we're done?The weathers amazing"

"Of course" he grins.

A/N:

Hey babies, thank you so much for reading the weekly update, I love you and hope to see y'all next week!!

Before y'all leave CAN WE TALK ABOUT SHADOW AND BONES SEASON 2??! First off if you haven't watched it yet GO WATCH IT!!! Right now. There were so many changes from the books storyline but did I still eat up every single episode? Yes. Yes, I did. Let's be honest, The crows and Denya CARRIED the season.

AND NIKOLAI??? Favorite privateer boy. Omg and don't get me started on Wylan!! He's literally straight out the book even tho the Wesper scenes were a bit too quick and straight forward, I lived for Kanej scenes.

I have so much to talk about but no one around me has finished the show yet😩 TEXT ME IF U HAVE- PLEASE. Like I NEED to rant about my thoughts on this season!!

What are y'alls thoughts about the book so far? I, personally, am loving Mason and Celine.

Ok anyways that was the weekly, not-so-short rant and I hope to see y'all next week!!

If you want to post anything on TikTok or wherever about be my valentine? please tag me:

Justabrownie.e on Instagram and TikTok
&
Justabrownie_e on Twitter

Follow my socials to get more sneak peaks of future projects and chapters!

Here are some questions for you to answer like always Xx

PREDICTIONS FOR THE FUTURE CHAPTERS <<

FAVORITE CHARACTER(s) <<

YOUR CURRENT READS (physical or wattpad books) <<

And finally, question of the week: WHAT'S THE WEIRDEST DREAM YOU'VE EVER HAD? <<<

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146 97 25
Briella Bennett is a policewoman with a heart of ice. Her cold voice and her stoic personality keeps almost everyone at arms length. Her past with h...
905K 22.5K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...
796K 34.3K 52
Oliver Brennan is happy and content. Living with his boyfriend of two and a half year, working at a night club as a bartender while attending classes...
677 66 15
She didn't know losing her bracelet on the street was the answer to all her prayers. Asena Parker a 24-year-old has been working 2 jobs to make ends...