Written Agreement (Kid x Read...

Od MasclaraReign

You're a Charlotte while he's a crackhead---I mean he's a Eustass. You were doing just fine and had a great c... Více

C1: Married To A Redhead
Chapter 2: Annoying
Chapter 3: Plan
ANNOUNCEMENT!
Chapter 4: VIP Room
C5: First Report
C 6: Written Agreement History
C7: What If's
C8: Scratchmen Apoo
C9: Punishment Day
C11: Liar
C12: Dinner Disaster
C13: Betrayals
C14: Bonney
C15: Café
C16: Gift
C17: Heat
C18: Conscience
C19: It Ended So Fast
Author's BS
C20: Lost
C21: Brawl
C22: Meeting
C23: Shattered
C24: Papers
C25: Clarification
C26: Visit
C27: Last Race
Author's BS
Final Chapter
Your Comment

C10: Lunch Date?

330 18 3
Od MasclaraReign

"Drive faster." Kid groaned beside you while his arms are crossed in his chest, glaring at the road.

Kid wanted to use one car for convenience so here you are, sitting on his driver seat.

"If I drive faster, I might damage your car or maybe bump somewhere." You said without caring about his complaints. You weren't too slow nor too fast but to that person sitting on the passenger seat, it felt too slow. Probably because Kid is not used to your preferred speed especially on a freeway.

"Why would you want to drive then?"

"Because... You drive too fast, remember when we had a meeting to attend to? You left me while you drove off dangerously like a mad racer, overtaking cars with every chance you get. You did that again when you picked me up last time. I couldn't even drive my car that fast. " You explained calmly.

"I was a racer before marrying your dumb ass."

"I know, dumb ass. But isn't this your idea of punishment? To serve you all day? So be quite and let me drive peacefully."

He didn't argue back but clicked his tongue as he turned his head to the window, staring outside with boredom. The car's pace is just about right but being a former racer, Kid felt bored to the highest level.

"Hey, how come you stopped racing? You won a cup last 2021 right?" You said, breaking the silence as the road to Hillside has a long way to go.

"Nothing, I just wanted to concentrate on handling the business with Killer. Besides, Heat is on track. He's enough as a representative for the family."

"Will you race again?"

"Will you watch me?"

That question made you pause a little. You can feel him looking at you from his seat, waiting for your answer.

"Of course, I don't see why not." You hummed while he snickered. "What?" You asked when you felt like he didn't believe you.

"Nothing." The way he said his words felt like he's holding more words to it.

"If you think I'm lying, I'm not. I support Heat, of course I'll support your dumb ass. I am still your wife on paper."

He scoffed upon your words but didn't say anything else.

Minutes later, you reached the destination with a strong breeze of fresh air. You pulled over the rocky parking space, beside three other familiar cars. Getting outside the car, the fresh air immediately enveloped you like thin comforting cloth that relaxes your nerves.

'Nature really knows how to hug me with comfort.'

" I'm glad to see you safe." Wire smiled lazily as he approaches the back seat to grab the food and drinks to add up to their pack.

" This woman drives like a snail." Kid laughed, pointing you with a thumb.

"I'm driving us safely." You defended.

"She's just taking care of you, Kid. You didn't have to complain." Wire said.

You didn't notice Heat and Killer was smiling as they watch you and Kid have a childish bickering while approaching their spot.

When you saw them having a barbecue, your attention shifted immediately to them, leaving Kid behind you to run to them.

"Hi" you greeted with a lively smile.

"Good to see you safe" Killer smiled.

"I thought we're climbing the top of Hillside?" Curiously asking. Killer looked past you to see Kid is a little busy with Wire on carrying the food and other things.

"Kid told us to settle in the nearest area for a picnic. I'm guessing Kid didn't tell you he's concern about your energy to climb up hill." Killer said.

"Huh? But that was the punishment, climbing the top."

"Hmm, maybe we can ask him again later." Killer said.

"How's the drive?" Heat asked.

"Urgh, your brother here keeps nagging like a literal kid." You rolled your eyes while making sure that Kid hears you.

"Cuz you drive like a snail" Kid muttered behind you.

"Whatever." you said but you were smiling. Because he was behind you, Wire thought it was a good opportunity to push Kid. He wasn't able to support himself because it was unexpected and he was holding plastic bags on both hands so his chest ended leaning on you with his weight. Good thing you were able to keep your balance while your hands instinctively when behind to hold him firm before he falls. When you turned to Kid, was glaring at Wire while mouthing something you didn't understand.

"Kid, will you be careful? You're holding plastic bags." You reminded him.

"Wire just pushed me." He said.

"Woops, sorry. Didn't see you there." Wire smirked. As for Heat and Killer, they knew it was intentional but just whistled and turned a blind eye on it.

---

The lunch was great and all. This is the first time you had a peaceful bond with Kid and his brothers. Actually, this is the first NICEST hangout you had with your husband. You wonder if this is really his punishment or he's planning an unexpected punishment for you afterwards.

Kid's phone rang and went a bit far to talk to whoever called.

"So, you asked Kid to invite me in your lunch date?" You asked the brothers while Kid is busy.

"No, to be honest, he invited us to join the two of you." Heat himself is enough for you to believe his words. There is something in him that tells he wouldn't lie.

"Give Kid some time to fix his attitude, y/n. I know he's an ass but I think he's trying." Killer said with a warm smile.

"It has not been a year yet, it's not easy for everyone to change personalities overnight." Wire said. You can't feel his usual cold aura like before and he's a little more open to you today.

All eyes watches Kid talking to his phone. His voice raised in irritation over something that was said to him through the phone call. To everyone, a raging Kid looks normal already and you also have gotten used to it.

"It's been few months since we've been married, I admit I have flaws too but I'm trying to adjust too. " Your voice is filled with hopelessness.

"We know how complicated the situation is but try to understand him a bit more. He's not used to being soft around others." Wire defended.

"We'll make sure to reprimand him if needed." Killer said.

"I hope you won't get tired of him." Says Heat.

You smiled, not removing your gaze on Kid. After his call, he started walking back as you averted your eyes on the table.

"As long as he remains loyal to our written agreement, there's no reason for me to be tired of your sass brother."

'If...he's loyal.'

---

The drive home fell into a mutual silence. As usual, Kid drove faster like a mad racer but somehow, you felt safe.

He pulled over the drive way in front of the house and turned off the car. You took off your seatbelt and opened the door but before you could step out, Kid grabbed your arm. You looked at him, puzzled by his action. He was staring at his hand that was holding your arm.

"What?" You asked. His mouth parted but he cannot find the right words to say.

You felt comfortable to move around him so you held his hand that was in your arm. You took it with both of your hands.

"Kid, thank you for this day." You said without looking at him. Your eyes are on your hands holding his. This is the first time you held him longer and felt his hand, soft and mixed with a little calluses.

"You enjoyed it?" His voice is low while his eyes were on you. He shifted to the side to face you better. His other hand went to hold your chin and lift your head to meet his eyes. There is this warmth that sparked inside you and you didn't complain from his touch as if it is a normal thing.

"I did, I mean... This is the first time we went out without involving business. I'm still wondering if this is the real punishment." You smiled. He smiled and leaned forward quickly and gave you a peck on the lips. As fast as lighting, he went out of the car and left you dumbfounded.

Took you seconds before realizing what happened and stormed outside the car.

"Hey!" You growled, still shocked from what he did.

"What? Want some more?" He laughed while on his way to open the front door. Clearly, he ran to open the door to hide his blush which you didn't know.

"What was that for?!" Your both hands are on your waist while glaring at his back. He was busy shuffling the keys until he found the door key and held it high as if he found a jackpot.

"What? Am I not allowed to kiss my wife? Written agreement didn't mention that. Consider it as your punishment." He said lazily and opened the door. He held it open, waiting for you to come in but you made no move.

"Okay, Kid. What the hell is going on? I am getting scared by you acting this weird, it's giving me chills."

"Huh? You're not scared when I raise my voice in our arguments but you're scared when I try to act nice?" He raised his non existing brows. You sighed and shook your head lightly as you made your way to enter the house while he closes and locked the door.

"nice? You just kissed me, the last time you did that was on our wedding day. So Tell me Kid, why are you acting like this all of a sudden. Do you need something or did you do something wrong? Just tell me, no need to play pretend." Your brows knitted, arms crossed on your chest while your foot is tapping on the floor.

Not wanting to explain, he swiftly carried you on his shoulders like a sack of potatoes and went upstairs. You struggled but he didn't care. He only placed you down when you two reached your front door.

" Night." That's the only word he said before storming inside his room, slamming his door shut. Your brows are knitted while you open your door, questioning what on earth happened. All of a sudden, everything is changing around this house. It changes might be slow, but still freaking you out.

This almost felt like a crazy dream. Not that you don't like it, it's just happening so fast and unusual.

Upon entering your room, you made a video group call to Nami and Robin. It's late already but you bet they're still up since it's Sunday tomorrow. Both girls are still out of town but they should be back after two weeks.

Few more rings and the girls answered your video call. You greeted each other and they were wondering why you called this late.

You took a deep breath and told them everything that happened from the previous days up to the present. At first, both of them were silent. Still processing the information.

"Isn't it weird?" You broke the silence.

"Indeed, that was a full swing change of him, especially today. " Robin said. Nami had her hand on her chin. Something must've clicked to her mind when she gasp in panic.

"OMG, I heard a lot of stories like this." her eyes were wide while her face almost covered the whole screen. "Usually in a marriage or relationship, when the partner began to act so nice out of the blue , it always ends up with a conclusion that they were hiding something." She continued.

Now it's your time to be silent.

"That's a possibility, although we don't know what it is. And if you're lucky enough, y/n, it could be your weapon to finally divorce him without consequences from your mother." Robin is right, that is the plan.

"Oh, riiiiight. Maybe it's that pink haired woman from Morgans' report!" Nami exclaimed like winning a lottery.

That had you drowned into deep overthinking. Shouldn't you be happy? Things might go as planned, right? Was it really the case?

"Y/n, you don't seem happy?" Robin's question pulled you out from your thoughts.

"Uh, hahaha, I am. I'll finally find my way to kick him out of my house. I don't need such disloyal man in my field." You laughed bitterly.

"If you're changing your mind, we won't judge you." Robin said softly as if she can read your inner thoughts. You let out a small laugh, and quickly bid your goodbye. You wanted to end it before you could say anything else, afraid that you'll embarrass yourself in front of others.

'I use to think that it wouldn't bother me if Kid is ever found guilty.'

Written date: March 10, 2023

Twitter: @Masclara17
Tiktok: @masclara17
Youtube: Masclara

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

40.6K 1.2K 14
"How do you feel about the marriage?" He asked her and her eye twitched ever so slightly. She looked straight into his eyes and smiled at him. "I hat...
11.1K 394 19
Tsukiko, a woman who's blood lust mirrors Kid's. She never found her place in the world, then the Kid Pirates walk in to the bar she's murdered every...
42.6K 1.3K 19
(Y/N) has never had a family as long as she could remember. For the past 5 years she's been dressing up as a boy, to hide the fact that she is a woma...
13.3K 405 37
You were pursuing your dreams and hopeful to see your brother in the future. While at work, you discovered some hidden things inside the Marines that...