Chance - Natasha Romanoff

By ChanKrea

"We met by chance; it was the greatest chance I have ever received in my life." Irmina König, a German that... More

Cast
Part one
I : Strange Encounters
II : New Beginnings
III : Friend & Acquaintance
IV : Family
V : Familiarity
VI : Somewhat Trouble
VII : Morning Ruined
VIII : Gone Wrong
VIIII : Safety Net
X : Bullseye
XI : Together
XIII : Dirty
XIV : Lieutenant General König
XV : Comfort
XVI : Drinks
XVII : Not So Secret
XVIII : Her Princess
XVIIII : Soon you'll get better
XX : Perfect
XXI : Eyes don't lie
XXI : Angels Like You
XXII : missin something
XXIII : Iron Man
XXIV : The Beach
XXV: Like Real People Do
XXVI : traitor
part two
XXVII : The Avengers [part one]
XXVIII : The Avengers [final part]
XXVIIII : constellations
XXX : Monster
XXXI : The Great Gig in the Sky
XXXII : Cynically Sweet
XXXIII : im yours
XXXIV : Home

XII : Mayday

836 43 1
By ChanKrea

a/n - for the confused, i checked this chapter recently and noticed a glitch, maybe it was just for me but i decided to republish the chap. if it was a glitch and wattpad is fling with me, the chapter is fairly different from what you read. also my bad, be kind 😭
[10/4/23]

2nd January 2010

"We're here boss," Micheal said as he checked his radar and flicked a few switches here and there. Irmina rose up from her co-pilot seat with her katanas in her hand. Maria turned her around and took her katanas.

"I can do it myself," Irmina groaned, didn't even bother to fight as Maria strapped the katanas to her back, also dishing out orders in the process. Natasha handed her a few magazines for her Glock. She watched Irmina hide them within her suit and then tighten it.

"What a slutty waist." Natasha let out and everyone stops with their movements and attention to the redhead. Natasha looked up at Irmina and Maria and realised she had said it aloud after noticing their smirks.

"Thanks, Romanov."

"Romanov, stop checking King out."

"Uh Boss, we got hostiles."

In a split second, it all went to shit.

"Mayday! Mayday! This is Agent 8—"

~

Irmina groaned as she tries to get up. Her ears rang as she shook her head, trying to get back some focus which she has two minutes earlier. She turned to Maria and Natasha, they seemed to be doing the same. The Blonde hurried herself to Micheal whose heartbeat she couldn't hear.

"Micheal! Fuck!" Irmina cursed as she pulled the pilot out of the seat and laid him on the floor. She quickly did CPR while Maria and Natasha hauled the rest of the Agents out of the jet. She continued rambling, her voice cracking as she continued. Maria trotted in trying to get as many duffle bags they could carry with a few other agents that were able to think properly. She saw Irmina sighing in relief before she hauled Micheal over her shoulder and held three duffle bags in her hand.

"Out!" Irmina shouted as she helped an agent struggling on his ankle. They managed to rush out in time before the Quinjet exploded. The agents that were close were blown away, making their landing terrible. Especially Irmina who was hauling ass with two agents and a few duffle bags.

"Irmina!" Maria shouted for her when she saw her lying still, covering two agents.

"I'm okay, I'm okay. Micheal!"

"He's okay, Nat got him," Maria informed, helping her up. Irmina looked around for the other agent and was relieved to see that he was cared for.

"We gotta move, I got Micheal. This way." Irmina said, picking up Micheal on her shoulders, with a duffle bag in hand and led the way. Maria was confused when she noticed knew where exactly she was supposed to go.

They're somewhere in the Amazon Rainforest and it is nearly impossible to get any contact without setting up with the proper equipment.

After an hour, they had found the perfect spot as their safe haven for a couple of days. They were deep in the rainforest. It would take days for anyone to find them after Natasha made sure their tracks were clean. No one could detect them except for their heat signatures but they have a device and it was the first thing to be set up. They were pretty well hidden, thanks to the trees surrounding them and covering their heads.

"Ria, this way. Bring your bag." Irmina gestured to follow. Maria glance at Natasha and she was ready to take care of the scene, setting whatever they needed to communicate with S.H.I.E.L.D. Waiting for an order, whether to go home or to continue their mission.

The two high ranks walked to the nearby river that was pretty close but far enough for anyone to spot them if they were travelling by the river. Maria took a few deep breaths, which was concerning to Irmina, who was listening to her breathing and heart rate as find their safe haven.

"Let go." Maria frowned as she dropped her bag to the ground and stood still, up straight while Irmina waited as she watches. "No one can hear or see you." Maria let out a shaky breath as she stumbled into Irmina. Irmina held onto her as they slowly sat on the ground. Maria winces at their change in positions. Her body was in terrible pain. Pain shoots out of every cut and a dislocated shoulder. Irmina dragged the bag close as Maria groaned in pain. " I got you. Relax."

"Hurry," Maria rasped, slowly unzipping her uniform and Irmina was taking what she need from the bag. "Hurts like hell."

"Yes, yes. I can tell." Irmina huffed and injected Maria with morphine. Irmina assessed her condition as she laid Maria's head on the bag. Maria sighed in relief and tried her absolute best to not pass out. "I'm going to remove the godforsaken suit now. Stay awake a little longer."

"Can't you see I'm trying, you fucking asshole?"

"That's it, keep talking to me." Irmina chuckled, picking out the few shrapnels on her body. The German was quick to patch up her injuries as she listened to their surroundings. "Sleep."

Maria did not need to be told twice. Irmina chuckled, lifting up the Commander's head and pulling out another suit for her.

"Jesus, you need a uniform update," Irmina muttered [in German], checking the suit and carefully putting it on Maria. Then she proceeded to collect some water. She washed her hands and face in the process. She continued to talk to herself, collecting some sand, sticks and stones. She ripped a bandage apart, tying it tightly onto the bottle. "How the hell do you have two bottles and no water?"

Pulling out her knife, cut the end of the bottle with the bandage and put sand, then sticks then the stones which she cleaned properly. She cut open the top of the second bottle and placed the first bottle on it. She poured the water she collected with hers and pour it into the filter she had just made.

"Gott sei Dank, es funktioniert." Irmina chuckled and continued to wait for the water slowly get filtered. She walked around to pass time, collecting some sticks and also checking on Maria. [Thank god, it works.]

~

"How long was I out?" Maria rasped, sitting herself up and was passed a bottle of water. Irmina checked her watch and shrugged.

"More or less, an hour." Maria downed the bottle of water and nodded while Irmina packed the stuff. "Why does the water taste so fresh?"

"It's from the river," Irmina chuckled, receiving a surprised look then a concerned one a second later. "Filtered. That's why it looks clean."

"You know how to filter?"

"Woman. I am disappointed." Irmina deadpanned, stretching her hand out. Maria took her hand, confused and standing up. "I survived an entire war when no one does. Trek through a lot of forests. I even boiled it, should have given you dirty water."

"Okay, okay. Sorry that I doubted you."

"Guys, are you coming back?" Natasha asked through their earpiece and Irmina looked over to Maria, already deciding that the Commander was going to answer the Russian.

"Yes, we are. Do we have food for the night?"

"Yeah, we raided Irmina's duffle."

"You did not! Romanov!" Irmina shrieked and ran to the camp. Maria laughed, watching the carefree General running for her food. Irmina cursed under her breath and ran at her fastest speed. Within half a minute, her duffle bag was in her hands and food was all in it. "No."

"You have a few MREs extra that we needed because a few bags were not able to be recovered. Also, you have water."

"Do you not pack food and water for missions?" Irmina said, in disbelief and disappointment.

"We will be here for three days."

"I packed enough for three days. For me."

"King, come on." Irmina shook her head before receiving a smack to the head from Maria. She slowly turned her head while she gave her the duffle bag. Irmina muttered something under her breath, walking away from the group.

"I'll keep watch—"

"Wait for a second. I'll join you." Natasha voiced as she took two MREs from Irmina's bag. Irmina nodded but already walking to where she wanted to keep watch.

"Hand me those." Irmina stretched her hand out and waited for the Russian. Natasha looked up from her arm and looked at her questionably. Irmina pointed up. "Let's see how well can you keep up."

"Please, you have the serum."

"What is this? The Great Natasha Romanov is making excuses?" Irmina smirked as she took the MREs and chuckled to herself. "Do you not remember that you were a serum similar to the Captain's?"

"What? No?"

"Keep up Angel and I'll tell you more," Irmina said as she made sure she was comfortable enough to climb the tall trees with one hand. It was easy enough for her to scale up with no issue, jumping from branch to branch. Once she liked the spot, she sat and waited for Natasha.

Natasha struggled slightly as she climbed. She couldn't believe Irmina could find a path easily and branches strong enough to hold her weight. When she was close enough to Irmina and was ready to hurl herself, she did but she slipped because of the moss.

"Oh, careful now. Let's not retain any more injuries." Irmina grunted as she pulled her up and into her lap. Natasha blushed while Irmina smirked and Natasha scrambled to get off her. "You can sit beside me you know, the branch is big enough."

"I'll sit in front of you and I'll sit where I want to sit." Irmina shrugged as she prepped their MREs which Irmina was down bad for. Chilli and Macaroni which in her opinion was the best. "The Masala ones are better."

"I'm pretty sure I have like one or two in my duffle." Natasha frowned, annoyed she didn't take them. Irmina chuckled softly as they waited for the food and busied herself with a wood piece and her knife. "What's your favourite animal?"

"Fireflies?" She murmured, opening her MRE. Irmina's eyebrows furrowed, trying to remember what a firefly actually looks like which Natasha noticed. "Otters."

"Those cute little bastards—"

"Eat."

"Sound like a mother. And god, I'm older than you." Irmina sighed as she adjusted her position so that she could face the sunset and urged Natasha to do the same. Irmina exhales as the sun hit her face. Natasha glanced at her and she was mesmerised. "These were the few reasons I'm glad I'm still fighting to survive."

"Yea—wait. The serum."

"Oh? I got you interested in what I'm saying." Irmina grinned, feeding herself a spoonful of the chilli and macaroni before moaning at the taste. Natasha poked around with her food, frowning at the information. "They really didn't tell you everything."

"Tell me!" Natasha shrieked, whacking Irmina, and making her choke on her food.

"Okay!" Irmina coughed, regaining her composure. "They gave it to you during the graduation ceremony." Air quotes the last two words before going back to her food.

"Did they...ever give the—uh."

"The hysterectomy?" Natasha nodded while Irmina chuckled. "I was a Nazi and Hydra. Never with the Red Room. I was just there to train and—anyways, they didn't see the point."

"Did they ever find out that you like women?"

"Nope, they're blind. Very blind," Irmina laughed and drank her water before offering it to Natasha. The two sat, enjoying their dinner while they listened to the rainforest. Irmina watched the sky while Natasha watched her.

~~~~~~~~

a/n

i swear i didn't forget you guys

i had like 4 versions of this chapter, couldn't decide

i have like 3 drafts now

lmao

the next few chapters will have irregular 'released dates' because I'm on vacation ;)

anyways

have a great day/night!

byee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

311K 9K 62
Tony's sister that disappeared from his life when she was five reemerges. Tony's less than thrilled as he blames her for what became of their parents...
12.7K 412 14
An AU featuring the one and only Natasha Romanov and Maria Hill. Natasha is trying to become a successful musician and regularly plays gigs at her lo...
2M 69.1K 120
''I thought people always remembered their first kiss.'' Katariina ''Katya'' Petrova grew up with Natalia Romanova in the same institute, trained to...
521K 15.5K 156
Adopted at a young age by Nicholas Fury, Y/N was raised as a Shield agent and was known to be one of the best. You were enhanced by Hydra before you...