The Alphas Guard

By bubblegumfog

❝Her eyes spoke more than her lips moved.❞ After her pack is brutally taken over, Leila is forced to reside i... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 - The War
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49 - Filler
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54 - Filler
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57 - Filler
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - The End of Leila and Luca
Book 2 snippet

Chapter 58 - Filler

2.7K 139 5
By bubblegumfog

Lara had been teaching me how to sew for months.

Slaiman was angry that I chose sewing over painting, but I couldn't help it. I dream of uncovering the arts since entering that cursed castle. Lara's dresses were the first thing that blew my mind. I wanted to make dresses for my daughters, for suits for my sons and nieces. I wanted to make the outfits that would dictate how they felt certain days. 

I wanted to make the armour they would wear to training with their father and mother with my own needles and fabrics.

Now that I was no longer a warrior - and willingly might I add - I had all this extra time on my hands and I would make sure to use it wisely.

"You're sewing a dress you're never going to wear. What's the point?!" Lara asked, baffled as she stared down at the white silk I had connected to my needle.

I shrugged, smiling as I ran my fingers down the wedding dress I would never wear.

"It would be nice to look at, I guess?"

"I still can't believe you denied having a wedding with Luca. I don't think I'll ever get over the look on his face when you said no,"

I chuckled, shaking my head.

"I didn't say no, Lara. I said I would be his, just without the formalities," My once bright smile dimmed as mother's eyes overcame my thoughts, "It just felt wrong. Mother always said she would be there the day I got married - and now, she's not. I could never host a wedding without her. Even if it meant I lost Luca to it,"

Lara sighed, shaking her head, "I just hope my brat of a daughter loves me as much as you love your mother,"

I cackled, imagines of Lara's daughter slapping her, vomiting and sitting on her rushing through my head.

"I'm sure she will," I eyed Lara, heart blooming at the love I had for her, "Thank you,"

Lara snapped her eyes to me, brows furrowed, "For what?"

"For everything,"

"Shutup before I stab you with this needle,"

I giggled as I tied the last knot on my dress, the smile on my lips becoming impossibly larger.

"It's done," I said, standing abruptly - bouncing on my toes in the process, "I finished it, Lara!"

"Let me see!" She insisted, grabbing the dress as she held it up the mirror and gasping, "How is this fair! I've been sewing for years and couldn't make a proper shirt until 2 years and you- you made this beauty!"

"I love it," I gushed, "I love it so much,"

"You've got to surprise Luca with this, Leila," Lara said, facing me with the dress still in her hands, "I know you don't want a wedding, but just make it the two of you. The poor man waited tens of years to wed you. Give him a little something,"

I sighed, cheeks hurting from the great capacity of my smile.

-_-

LUCA

"Yes, perfect. Put it right there," I whisper yelled as the Slaiman and Hamza dropped the piano, "A little quieter, please. She's right upstairs and this is supposed to be a surprise!"

"Well why don't you move it, King!" Hamza snarled, blowing on his scabbing fingers, "That thing was heavy!"

"I still can't believe she chose sawing and this over me teaching her to paint," Slaiman expressed, scoffing as he watched Hamza and I roll our eyes, "Shut it you brutes. Put yourselves in my place before you decide to be arseholes!"

"Brother, get over it," Hamza said, patting him on the back, "Now let's leave. He's going to surprise his woman,"

"Fine," Slaiman groaned, glaring at the piano before exiting through the front door.

I stared at the piano I bought Leila, eyeing the keys I did not understand - wondering what notes would rise with every tap and turn. 

Ever since I had met Leila, she had expressed her desire to indulge in the arts. With every dress, with every song and painting she passed, her eyes would shine with a curiosity I itched to feed.

She lived her entire life fighting for survival, completely unknowing of the beauties scattered around the 4 kingdoms. Leila spoke of the sword she handled so skilfully with hatred nowadays, but spoke of the dresses and jewels she manufactured with such soulfulness. 

I understood where she came from, but it also saddened me.

Where back then she used to hold her weapons dear to her heart, she now wants nothing to do with them.

When I asked her why, she said she was done fighting. She said her thirst for blood was quenched and her need for victory was gone. All she wanted was a life of serenity and peace. She wanted to walk through her upcoming years with a swaying soul and to speak languages nobody other than her and I could understand.

I smiled at the thought of her words as I carefully placed the drape over the piano, covering it as best as I could before blowing all the candles shut and walking up the stairs.

For the first time in my life, I was tranquil.

Completely at ease and free of any tense-ness.

I opened our bedroom door, frowning at Leila's absence.

"Leila?" I called out.

"Just a second!" She replied from the bathroom.

I shut the door behind me, brows furrowed.

"Close your eyes, Luca!" She said, a smile in her tone.

"Leila-"

"Just do it!"

I sighed, veins thrumming with excitement.

"Are they closed?" 

"Yes," I assured, leaning against the door.

The sound of the bathroom door creaking open echoed against the silent walls of our bedroom. Her light footsteps walked towards me as her wonderful scent rushed up my nostrils, forcing me to ball my hands into fists as to not open my eyes at the ravishing sight of her.

I felt her in front of me - her soft chest brushing against mine and forcing a comforting warmth to swarm in my heart.

"Open your eyes," She asked.

So I opened them.

My lips parted.

My eyes widened.

My heart pulled in every direction there existed.

There stood Leila in a wedding dress, smiling up at me as her green eyes shone against the moonlight that graced our balcony windows. The white silk brought out the tan of her skin beautifully - her exposed shoulders shining evermore. Her hair bounced off her shoulders in wondrous waves, forcing my arms to twitch in ache of touching the strands.

"Leila," I croaked, heart slamming into my stomach as I dizzied at the sight of her allure, "Leila you're- you look divine,"

A blush stained her cheeks, evoking her to break eye contact with me and face the floor.

I placed my finger on her chin and pushed upwards, compelling her to look at me.

"Look at me," I cupped her face in my cheeks, voice quivering at the beauty she bewitched me with, "Goddess, look at me,"

"I'm looking," She insisted, giggling as her cheeks reddened evermore.

My eyes burned with tears as I stared down at her.

If it weren't for the painful beating of my heart, I would have imagine this to be a fabrication of my memory. A mere remembrance that would remain unfaithful to my heart - something I could only dream of.

But no.

This was real.

Leila stood in front of me wearing the colour white, and she was more alive than ever before.

I ran a hand down my face, an attempt at wiping my tears.

A failed attempt.

"Luca," She chuckled sadly through teary eyes, "Why are you crying?"

"I could ask you the same," I rasped, wiping her stray tear with my thumb, "You're beautiful. You're beautiful and so much more,"

"Stop it. I do not handle compliments all too well,"

"Well, you're just going to have to then. Aren't you?" I asked, the white hot fire contents of my heart spilling into my gut as I spoke.

"No. I refuse to acce-"

I laid my lips onto hers, silencing her.

She responded immediately, wrapping her arms around my neck and further impelling my heart to explode from within my chest.

I pulled away first, watching as her eyes fluttered open.

"Luca," She spoke of my name in that soft tone of hers.

"I love you, Leila," I confessed, "I love you more than the moon could ever imagine,"

"You cannot make me cry after I spent all those minutes pampering my face for you!" She chuckled, wiping her tears.

"Come downstairs, I have a surprise for you," I said, running my hands down the length of her arms, "Though I must admit, I don't think it can beat this,"

"Luca! I already told you I don't wan't anything! You've been buying me too much stuff- Argh!" Lara squealed as I carried her in my arms, instantaneously wrapping her arms around me for support, "You're going to regret this,"

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I won't," I insisted as I walked down the stairs, "It's your turn to close those eyes of yours,"

She rolled her eyes before closing them.

I slowly put her back on her feet as I walked her through the living room where the piano stood, in all it's mighty, outside the back patio where our small garden laid. I made sure she was standing right in front of the sliding glass door, admiring the way the wind swivelled through her hair - the way the moonshine glimmered against her skin.

My heart skipped a few beats just looking at her.

It felt like I was going to throw up, burst into a fit of tears and jump in glee all at once.

"Open your eyes,"

Leila opened her eyes and gasped, slamming her hand onto her lips.

Without a second thought, she ran to the piano and pulled the drapes off of it. I followed suit - blood pumping at the sight of her excitement. 

"Luca," She spoke my name in amazement and appreciation, her tone lightening as she cupped her own face in her hands, "How did you- How did you get this here?! We don't make pianos in the north!"

"For you, anything is possible, verde," I told her, wrapping my hand around her wrist and pulling her to the seat.

I laid a kiss to the top of her head as she sat.

She admired the keys with a newly found passion in her watery eyes. She pressed a few notes, flinching at the sounds that came from her touch. She ran her fingers across the ancient wood of the instrument - all before she turned and face me, tears helplessly running down her face.

I squatted down, eyes levelling with hers.

"What's wrong, verde?" I asked, "Talk to me,"

"I'm going to master this piano," She croaked, "I'm going to become so good at this so that I can teach my daughter how to play. I'm going to become so good that all my daughter has to worry about is whether or not she is prepared for her mother's lesson and not what monsters lay beneath these grounds," She faced the piano once more, taking in a shaky breath, "I'm going to become so good at everything that all she has to worry about is catching up to me and not fretting of swords and battlegrounds,"

The strings of my heart pulled as I laid my hands on her shoulders, squeezing ever so lightly.

"Yes you will, my love," I said, "Yes you will,"

____

I cried while writing this chapter.

Anyways, tell me what you think. I need to find some tissues.

Vote and most importantly - DONT FORGET TO COMMENT!! I MISSED YOU GUYS!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

450K 16.2K 37
Leila and Kyle are twins and rare tiger shifters, their kind has been hunted close to extinction. Tigers are usually solitary animals who prefer to k...
25.1K 1K 41
What happens when your suppose to be with somebody your destined for but your whole life, you have been lied too, and on your birthday your true self...
82.4K 450 6
Leila is a werewolf, an Alpha daughter from a rare Alpha line. Due to circumstances prior to her birth, her once proud and powerful pack was nearly...
240K 6.6K 36
Leila Dark, 24 yrs old, is from the Navy Pack. The Navy Pack is more like a pack for werewolves that want to be soldiers and want to help other pack...