The Boss' Niece (Spencer Reid)

By Mileven03011

Unless you knew Aaron Hotchner personally, you wouldn't know that Cassidy "Cassie" Marlow was his niece. Afte... More

1. Mistake
2. Newest member
3. Tension
4. Urges
5. Slip up
6. Control
7. A choice
8. Drunk...again
9. Feelings
10. Emotions
11. Insight
12. Cool, calm & collected
13. Free
14. Visitor
15. Breaking protocol
16. Exposed
17. Hard case
18. Almost positive ID
19. Evading capture
20. The date
21. The Chameleon
22. Spencer
23. Cassidy
24. Divided
25. Unique killer/s
26. A witness
27. Ultimate "betrayal"
28. Checking in
29. Possible lead
30. Casting doubt
31. Leading to the truth
32. Nightmares
33. Admitting the truth
34. Old enemy returns
35. George Foyet
36. The Reaper's identity
37. Targeting the Hotchners
38. Familial harm
39. Permanent damage
40. Welcome home
41. Beating the strain
42. Babysitting duty
43. No longer a Hotchner
44. Pent up anger and energy
45. Surprise
46. Wedding planning and case work
47. The purest nightmare
48. Ending the nightmare
49. Awake
50. "Single" for a night
51. Questions
52. Indefinitely
53. Imaginary monsters
54. Mr. Scratch
55. Suspension lifted
56. True intention
57. The true storm
58. Wrong side of the law
59. On their own
60. Denied
61. Cognitive
62. True unsub
63. Foes of the past/Lead on Scratch
64. In his grasp
65. Not coming back
67. Back for another case
68. Like father, like son
69. "Undercover"
70. Baby genius
71. Self doubt
72. Watching me
73. Hired for information
74. Claims
75. Proof
76. Baby genius - boy or girl?
77. Reid is down
78. Close call
79. Bye-bye Joanne
80. New home
81. Terrified
82. So close, yet so far
83. Rescue mission
84. For their family
85. Times change
86. EPILOGUE

66. Dr. and Mrs. Reid

442 7 0
By Mileven03011

CASSIDY
At 5 AM, I checked my phone. I couldn't help it. In 12 hours, I was going to become Mrs. Reid.

Of course, Penelope insisted on preventing Spencer from seeing me until I walked down the aisle, so, he stayed at the apartment, while Penelope graciously let me stay with her for the night. Okay, to be honest, she let all the girls stay with her. So, it was me, Emily, Tara and JJ sleeping at Penelope's home.

So, it wasn't a surprise when Penelope opened her bathroom door to see me on the floor near the sink.

"Cassidy, are you okay?" Penelope asked, concerned.

"Yes?" I smiled, trying to hide my true feelings.

"Okay. That was the fakest "yes" I've ever heard, C'mon, Cassidy. What's really going on? You getting cold feet? If you are, that's totally normal." Penelope sat down beside me, smiling.

"No. It's not about me wanting to marry Spencer. I do, I promise. It's just...I'm nervous. My head isn't close to being healed yet and I just- I feel like if I don't look my best, Spencer may not be confident in marrying me." I exhaled.

"That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. You know what you're gonna do? You're gonna go out there in 12 hours, scars and all, and you're gonna marry Spencer, because I am 100 percent certain that Spencer would marry you even if you had just woken up and had bad breath." Penelope laughed.

"Really?" I asked, smiling.

"Yes, really. So go back to sleep and stay asleep until at least 11:30 AM. You need all the rest you can. And besides, if you really don't want anyone seeing your scar in your wedding photos, that's what photoshop is for." Penelope kissed my forehead before helping me off the floor, a small smile appearing on my face.

"Thanks Penelope. You're the best." I gave her a hug, feeling instantly less worried.

———

As promised, I slept until 11:30 AM. By 11:45, I was up and eating breakfast, Emily making some amazing French toast.

At 2 PM, 3 hours before the wedding, I was standing in Rossi's guest bedroom, the girls with me while we all got our hair and makeup done.

Standing up, I looked at my head in the mirror, feeling a bit self-conscious about the bandage that was covered in foundation. I knew that no one would care, but it still felt weird.

———

When I heard a knock on the door, I initially asked for Emily and Tara to insist that I wasn't wanting to see anyone, but when they assured me that it wasn't Spencer, I let the mystery people in.

I watched as Jack, Hotch and my dad walked into the room, each of them in their own suits.

"You look, gorgeous." My dad smiled, trying not to cry.

"Thanks dad. Welcome back Hotch. It's great to see you again." I smiled, placing a kiss on Hotch's cheek.

"You're really pretty, Cassidy. Spencer is really lucky to be marrying you." Jack smiled. I placed a kiss on his forehead.

"Guys, did you check the time? It's almost 5!" JJ insisted as she alerted us. I looked down at my phone and my eyes widened when the time showed 4:54 PM.

Jack and Hotch headed to Rossi's backyard, leaving me and my dad to wait patiently behind a closed door with the blinds down, as to prevent anyone from seeing me. My dress tightly hugged my body. I stood at the door, patiently waiting for the music to play. When it did, my dad smiled and opened the door, starting to walk me down the aisle.

Walking down the aisle was a bit scary. As much as I knew everyone was looking between me and Spencer, it also felt like a few people were looking at the bandage on my head.

Making it to Spencer, I handed my bouquet to Emily and placed a kiss on my dad's cheek, before my hands landed on Spencer's as he looked at me, trying not to cry.

I wasn't at all surprised when I saw that Rossi was officiating the wedding. Not only did he supply the venue and the menu, but he also insisted on officiating, since speeches were kind of his thing. After 10 solid minutes of Rossi trying not to cry, it was finally mine and Spencer's turn to talk.

GENERAL
Rossi looked at Cassidy, nodding for her to start.

"Just over 2 years ago, Spencer and I met in a very unique way. It wasn't through me joining the BAU, like some people assume." Cassidy glanced over at Derek, who looked at her, confused.

"In fact, our meeting occurred at a bar, the night before I was supposed to start my job at the BAU. We were both drunk and this brainiac decided to sit down right next to me, and I started our little conversation. To me, the rest was history. I didn't know it at the time, but now, I realised that the moment you sat down next to me, I knew that you were going to be a very important part of my life, and indeed you are. I am more than ready to start the next chapter of our life together. In fact, I wouldn't have it any other way." Cassidy smiled, holding Spencers hands.

"I can't wait to love you every single moment of every day for the rest of our life together. I love you, Spencer Reid." Cassidy exhaled, trying to hold back tears.

"And Spencer." Rossi smiled.

"To be honest, most - if not everyone here knows that I have an eidetic memory, and yet, just now, my entire vows just left my head, so, I'm flying solo here." Spencer cleared his throat, tucking a loose strand of hair behind his head.

"Love, to me, is more than just a word. It's more than just a chemical occurring in your body. It's a feeling. It's how you feel about certain things. I love books, I love coffee and I love my job at the BAU. But above all, I love you, Cassidy. I love the way you talk, the way you smile. I love how you're willing to help out however you can. I love that you're willing to stand up for yourself and others." Spencer explained, trying his best to think of what to say off the top of his head.

"I love you, Cassidy. And I can't wait to spend the rest of my life loving you." Spencer was so tempted to ignore everything and pull Cassidy into a passionate kiss, but he ignored his temptation and let the ceremony continue as normal.

"Do you, Cassidy Marlow, take Spencer Reid, to be your lawfully wedded husband?" Rossi asked.

"I do." Cassidy nodded, placing the wedding ring in her hand on Spencer's left ring finger, feeling her heart race and her pulse increase.

"Do you, Spencer Reid, take Cassidy Marlow, to be your lawfully wedded wife?" Rossi asked.

"I do." Spencer nodded, placing the wedding ring in his hand on her left ring finger.

"Well then. By the power vested in me, granted by the state of Virginia, I pronounce you husband and wife." Rossi smiled.

"You may kiss the bride." Rossi winked to Spencer, who didn't hesitate to pull Cassidy in for the most passionate kiss she had ever been given.

The entire crowd - mainly the BAU team, some extended family members, Diana and Sean - stood up, cheering for the newly wedded couple.

Spencer gently grasped Cassidy's hand, walking with her back up the aisle.

———

15 minutes later, Cassidy and Spencer returned to the backyard. Spencer now without his suit jacket and Cassidy in some white suit pants and a white lace crop-top.

"Please, allow me to introduce for the first time, Dr. and Mrs. Reid." Rossi smiled as Spencer and Cassidy stepped out onto the patio, everyone cheering for them.

"Okay, okay. Now that you're married, are you gonna FINALLY get some action tonight, pretty boy?" Derek smirked.

"What are you talking about?" Spencer asked, confused.

"You're one of those people who waits to have sex until after they get married, right? I mean, that explains why I've never once heard you mention having had sex before tonight." Derek smiled.

"Should we tell him, Cassidy?" Spencer looked over at his gorgeous wife, who smirked.

"Maybe we should, just to mess with him a little." Cassidy nodded.

"Tell me what?" Derek asked, confused.

"Cassidy and I had sex the night we met." Spencer smiled, kissing Cassidy's cheek.

"Wait, you're telling me that you and Cassidy had a one-night-stand?!" Derek almost passed out.

"Yeah. I thought you would've figured it out, but you didn't. That's some pretty terrible profiling." Cassidy chuckled.

"I'm just surprised that since you two met, just over 2 years ago, we haven't heard any news about a baby genius." Emily smirked.

"Well, to remind everyone here, I have an IQ of 187, which means I'm not stupid enough to forget protection." Spencer smirked.

"So, now that you two are married, will the protection go bye-bye?" Matt asked, chuckling.

"Okay, ew, we're not answering that!" Spencer rolled his eyes.

"But when will you start trying? I mean, are you going to start trying right after the honeymoon, or maybe you'll wait a year or two before starting to add to the family." Penelope asked.

"Jesus, we have weird friends." Cassidy chuckled, looking up at her husband.

"Yes. We do." Spencer agreed with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 816 18
Disclaimer!!! This is a Fanfiction based on the hit TV series Criminal minds. I do not own the characters featured in the show or anything to do with...
63.3K 974 85
⚠️tw⚠️ mental health issue's such as sh, depression, Ed and suicide... y/n garcia penelope's sister has been with the bau for 1 year. she's a very pr...
70.2K 1.5K 41
"do you think it was easy watching you fall in love with her? you think my heart wasn't broken when i found out you two were getting married? i stood...
5.5K 36 17
Oneshots of the Criminal Minds characters. These one-shots will have made-up characters for each chapter - I'm kind of uncomfortable writing Y/N-base...