Ardence (Book #1)

De __blythe__

Book #1 in the Sinners and Saints Series. A girl meets a guy. He is the man of her dreams. They both fall in... Mais

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XIII
XVI
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV

XII

8 6 0
De __blythe__

Groaning I turned around to turn off the alarm when my palm hit something soft and squishy. Frowning I felt around a bit before squishing it gently.

"Stop it!"

Laughing I slapped both of his cheeks at the same time before squishing them together making an adorable duck face out of his own.

In a second he had flipped us around and had me pinned beneath him. Grinning at his annoyed face I blew at few unruly strands hovering over his eyes.

He closed his eyes for a second before blinking them open and revealing the brightest pair of dazzling emeralds I had grown to love.

"What? You think I won't do anything just because you're my girlfriend, now?"

We had been together for few days now, I had yet to get used to calling him my boyfriend. But he has been the perfect embodiment of a ideal boyfriend for the past few days and took care of me after everything that had happened regarding the Louis situation.

"Oh baby, I don't think that. I know you won't." Reaching up I kissed his cheek.

Sighing in defeat he eased up on his hold, "Of course. Besides what could I even do to my girlfriend who's immune to everything, but..."

Alarmed at his change of facial expressions I quickly scrambled to get away from him but he easily managed to pin my both arms above my head.

"C'mon Alex, I thought you loved me!"

Grinning mischievously he pecked my cheek, "I do, sweetheart." He leaned in till his lips lightly brushed against my ears.

"But I love my sleep way more than you." Without wasting another second his hands started tickling me.

"Oh god! Alex c'mon, you know I can't take it!" Breathless I tried to squirm away from him but his legs locked on both sides of hip and pinned me in place.

"Better say sorry quickly then,"

"Screw you!"

"Oh you will baby, soon. So be a good girl and apologize now." His voice barely above a whisper as he teased me. His locket dangled from his neck as it brushed against my lips.

"Go.To.Hell." I barely managed to utter the words before his hands picked up their pace.

Tears streamed down my face as I kept wheezing as my throat tightened up.

Groaning in defeat I tapped his hands breathlessly.

Smirking in satisfaction he finally loosened his hold, "I'm sorry." I continued,

"That you're such a baby who can't function like a proper human being without his sleep."

Scoffing he leaned down, "You know I wouldn't slide that if it were any other day, but seeing as you've had enough for today I'll make an exception. Don't want my pretty girl to pass out on me, now" winking he got off of me but not before slightly running his hands down my sides making me shiver.

"You're the worst boyfriend ever!" I clenched my teeth as I tried to regulate my breathing.

"Am I now? Is that why you were all over me last night?" Chuckling at my beet red face he shut the bathroom door just in time as the pillow hit it.

Rolling over I grabbed my phone so I could go back to sleep watching something when my eyes skimmed over Samantha's text which was sent a few minutes back.

"Hey love birds, class starts in 20."

Sighing I got off the bed before making my way to the spare bathroom downstairs.

Frowning in confusion at the foggy bathroom, I turned on the exhaust fan.

I stopped short when I saw a shadow move behind the glass shower door and the scent of fresh body wash hit me.

Suddenly the figure stopped and turned towards me.

Screaming I turned around and ran upstairs and crashed right into Alex who had just stepped out of his room freshly showered.

"Thers-someone-in-the-showr" his hands wrapped around as he tried to calm me down.

Taking a deep breath I held his arms tightly "There's someone in the shower downstairs."

His brows furrowed in confusion for a second before he swiftly walked down the stairs  cursing under his breath.

"Alex, what's going on?" I hurried after him.

I walked inside the room just in time to see Alex chuck a robe at the figure before pushing him back inside the bathroom.

"Who was that?"

"That was my brother." He ran his hands through his hairs messing them up.

"He lives here with me."

Oh God, I feel so stupid right now. Of course he was living with someone, his apartment did seem a lot bigger for just one person.

"But you didn't tell me." I tried to make my voice as less accusatory as possible.

His jaw clenched for a second, "He went out with some friends last night and it slipped my mind."

Well that did make sense, seeing as I've been here only a handful of times that too just for a while and last night was my first time staying over.

I turned around to leave the room when the bathroom door opened making my eyes widen in surprise.

"M-Mr. Carterr?"

**************************

I was currently sitting across his desk listening to him rant about how disappointed he was with our recent performance in the tests.

Dude we get it that you hate us, just talk about another thing for once for God's sake.

It's like he's born to downgrade people.

I really couldn't understand how this demon and my sweet boyfriend came out of the same womb.

I still had difficulty trying to process the fact that I had to to put up with his face even outside the classroom.

But Alex had assured me multiple times already that he was barely home as it is so I didn't have to worry about running into him when I was at his.

One by one he called everyone to collect their test papers. I looked around in confusion at everyone who had gotten their papers back. Just as I raised my hands to ask him something slammed on my desk startling me.

Looking down a big fat 'F' in red greeted my eyes.

Shit!

"See me after class." His voice barely contained his fury.

A bunch of 'ooh's' and 'ah's' raised at his tone making me sink in my seat.

***********
Chewing my nails I waited till everyone was out before picking up my bag and moving towards his desk.

Crossing my arms I stood before him. He narrowed his eyes at my posture before putting away the books. He took out a few papers before spreading them out on the table for me to look.

Hesitantly I leaned in to look.

I wish I hadn't.

Each one of them reflected my disastrous academic in bright red single digit numbers. With a exception of few courteous ones.

Smiling sheepishly I took a step back trying to come up with something to explain my absolute lack of interest in his subject.

In my defence I wasn't a star student but I didn't use to fail these many times in Mrs. Brenda's class...

I didn't say it was his fault... But you get my point right?

He shook his head at me like a disappointed parent would, "I could care less even if you had to repeat the whole year, but" He abruptly stepped forward making me stumble back.

"Don't let your remarkable grades influence Alex's, unlike you, Elizabeth, he has a reputation to uphold."

Fuming silently I watched him take a step back before clearing his throat and straightening up, "I hope you understand what I'm saying."

Swallowing my embarassment I managed a small nod and watched as he walked out of the room.

God I want to hurl something at him so badly right now!

As if hearing my thought he turned over his shoulder to cast me one last look before completely disappearing from my sight.

**********

Huffing I slumped beside him, "Your brother's an asshole."

Chuckling he pulled me closer before kissing my cheeks.

"You've a brother?" Before he could answer Sam, Sophie interrupted him.

"Wait, is he in our class? Is it that cute nerdy guy you always hangout with after classes?"

"No, that's-"

"No, Soph. That's not his brother. His brother is a demon incarnated from hell! He's not some cute nerdy guy who minds his own business, he's an inconsiderate airhead who gets off of belittling someone!"

A few heads turned around at my loud voice, "What!" They went back to their business.

"Geez... Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"Liz, how do you know so much about his brother?" Alex answered Krys before I could,

"Because the one who she was talking about, my brother" he rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"It's our Physics teacher. Mr. Carter."

Zack choked on his drink almost spitting it on Sam who pushed him away disgusted, "Get away from me."

Krystal eyed me warily, "Well that explains a few things."

"Anyway enough about your brother now Alex, my parents are celebrating my mom's book launch this weekend and we're having a party after the event."

"Free food and drinks? Count me in!" She rolled her eyes at Zack and looked  at Sophie who nodded her head excitedly.

"Why is that even a question dude? I'd have shown up regardless of invite."

William was a huge fan of her mom's works.

"Of course I'll be there!"

Finally she turned to look at me, "Yeah-"

"Sorry Sam, we can't make it. We already made plans." My eyebrows knit together in confusion.

"Remember that thing I told you about?"

Her expression mirrored mine before something clicked in her head and she gave me her signature smile.

"Sure, have fun you two."

"What plans Alex?"

"Nothing." I glared at him.

Sighing he pulled me in his lap and began feeding me his fruit bowl.

"Anyway I was thinking about having dinner tonight. At my place."

"Will your brother be there?"

"Yeah, but I promise he won't upset you. I just want you guys get along. I'll even make him apologize for whatever he said to you in the morning."

Now that I couldn't miss.

I nodded my head swiftly making him  chuckle, sweetly pecking my lips he fed me a piece of apple.

Leaning my head against his chest I looked around the room and my eyes fell on certain someone who was looking at us distastefully.

Oh just you wait asshole. It'll be my turn tonight.

Grinning at him I tightened my arms around Alex and pulled him closer making him narrow his eyes harder at us.

I can't wait for tonight.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

123K 2.9K 57
Chase made my life a misery for years. He was a monster who bullied and tormented me on a daily basis and he was my worst enemy for a long time. Unt...
9.4K 210 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...
45.9K 1.5K 19
After a failed attempt at a relationship, I tried making it on my own, only to be saddled with a new neighbor who exuded charm, danger, and sexual en...
16.3K 501 62
Alone. A simple word that has always held many meanings to Ella, and starting her senior year at a new high school, solitude had seemed the easiest w...