Ardence (Book #1)

By __blythe__

Book #1 in the Sinners and Saints Series. A girl meets a guy. He is the man of her dreams. They both fall in... More

Prologue
I
II
III
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XVI
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV

IV

15 7 0
By __blythe__

I think some people are just born as assholes.

And some learn to adapt into that lifestyle.

After all survival for the fittest, right?

You see, my friend Samantha for example. She wasn't always a bitch.

She was actually a pretty sweet kid growing up.

Until a kid in our elementary class rubbed her up the wrong way and pushed her to the ground in front of everyone. All because she didn't want to sit with him during lunch

I vaguely remember him going back home with a broken nose and snotty face on that day.

She was the second type.

And then there was Nicholas fuçking Carter who couldn't help himself. Even if he wanted to. Not that he did.

I was wrong to assume he just looked like a devil. No. He was quite good at playing the part too.

Anyway, He was the first type.

Born with it.

Shit!

That was my first thought when he said he'd grade our test papers right in the class.

Bitch.

Now that, was my second thought when he started grading them bottom to up.

Meaning mine ended up being first.

Ripping my test paper from his hand I walked back to my seat with flaming cheeks and fumed silently.

I wish someone would set his hair sprayed hairs on fire and sock him right in his perfect jaw.

From homework to pop quiz and lengthy assignments, which might not feel like much different from other lecturers. But he was overdoing it to the point where I wanted to grab his auburn locks and shake some sense into him.

Or rip it.

Whichever happened first and fast.

After 30 minutes of thoroughly humiliating everyone by calling out on their mistakes out loud. He decided it was best to make us work on a assignment on the topic of the test.

That was the end of patience for some.

Especially one guy who screamed out a word so vile, I'd rather not repeat it.

Mr. Nicholas who was about to exit the room stiffened for a whole minute before pinning us with a gaze so fierce I actually shrunk back in my seat. His voice so calm yet so powerful when he demanded.

"Who was it?" That single authoritative sentence was enough to snuff out all of our rebellious thoughts.

Another minute passed but no said anything truly scared for the guy who couldn't just zip it for a few more minutes.

"Alright, if this is how you guys want to do it."

Still nobody answered him.

"You can work on that assignment and submit it to me by tomorrow. And make sure it's at least 5,000 words long."

Multiple voices groaned out their disapproval, their protests fell on deaf ears because he was already out of the room.

Now, I was forced to write an essay of 5,000 words and submit it by tomorrow because of some idiot who couldn't keep zip it and stop cursing in his class!!

My fingers screamed in protest begging for a break. Sighing I popped my knuckles and shook out the feeling before beginning the hellish assignment of mine.

Rolling out my shoulders I looked over them at the gigantic clock hung on the entrance double doors.

6:00 pm.

I was nearly 2,000 words into it. But I guess I'll just have to finish it up in my room.

Sighing I packed everything together and exited the college library. It was almost pitch black outside.

The dim Street lights were my only source of light as I walked back to my place.

The bus had already left at 5:45 pm so there was no need to wait for another one and waste my time further.

Hearing a engine roar from behind me, I move away from the road towards the sidewalk.

But the vehicle doesn't pass by me.

Even after a few minutes it was just slowly trailing behind.

A sudden chill went through my spine as the possibilities of danger settled in my mind.

A short puffy breath escaped me as I tried to calm down, but it wasn't really working when they were actively pursuing me.

My heart just about stopped when they pulled over.

Slowly turning around I observed the car. A black Mustang with heavily tinted windows.

Fuck this shit.

A shaky breath left me before I fisted my hands and began approaching the car.

Just as I was a few feet away from it. The owner took off. My exhausted face reflected back at me as it drove by.

Shaking off my ridiculous thoughts. I resumed my journey.

By the time I made to my room I just wanted to collapse on my fluffy blankets and close my eyes. That's exactly what I did.
__________________________

When I woke up the next morning early, I was still very much tired and sleepy but knowing the assignment wouldn't write itself down, I splashed some cold water onto my face and got my morning doze of caffeine.

Tying up half of the hairs in a messy knot I plopped down on the desk chair.

******
By the time I was done it was nearly 9:30, cursing myself for not noticing it sooner I hurriedly got ready.

Taking down my hairs and running a brush through them I pulled them in a high ponytail, grabbed a baby pink two piece sweater dress and pulled it on.

Not caring about breakfast I hurried out of the house to the bus stop.

There was one bus which would leave at exact 9:30 and if I missed it I was screwed!

Running through the busy morning streets, I made it just in time as the bus driver was about to drive away.

Sighing in relief I walked in and took a seat in the backside taking deep long breaths to regulate my breathing.

It was 9:45 when I reached the campus so I didn't waste further time and took off for the class.

In my hurry I didn't notice the figure that was standing right in my way until it was too late and crashed right into them.

The moment my body collided with theirs, the million papers they held in their hands went flying.

My eyes widened in horror when the papers began absorbing the moisture from the freshly wiped floors.

Quickly I began collecting them when a calloused hand appeared before me and roughly took the papers out of my hand.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to do that. I was just running late for the class and-"

Words caught in my throat when I looked up.

You've gotta be kidding me.

This must be some kind of divine punishment for every sin I ever committed.

Guess shouldn't have faked sickness to skip going to church with my mother every Sunday.

That's it. Jesus probably hated me or something.Makes sense why he sent his favorite angel after me.

The Lucifer.

Shaking out of my daze I tried to apologise again but he raised his hand stopping me.

The ink seeped through the soaking pages and onto the hands holding them.

"Un-fucking-believable. Out of all the people I could run into, I run into a moron the first thing in the morning."

His gaze shifted from the ruined papers to me. Sharp and accusatory.

"Hey! It wasn't my fa-"

"Shut up." My lips sealed together as he snapped at me.

Ass!

"I don't have time for this. Let's go."

Motioning for me to follow him with head he began taking quick strides towards his office.

Did he expect me to just follow him..?

"Sir, I don't think you heard me properly the first time. I'm running late for my class." I spoke slowly praying to God he'd just let me leave.

"With Mrs. Jenkins right?"

I dumbly nodded my head at him.

"Don't worry, I'll talk to her about it. Now hurry up."

"No."

An impatient sigh rolled from his lips

"Look at these. I was asked to submit them to the principal today. Now I was headed to his office to submit them but I can't."

"Whose fault was that Elizabeth?"

Technically speaking, it was his fault too for standing in the middle of the hallway like that. Not that he would ever admit to that.

I couldn't either.

Emphasizing his words he shook the wet papers in front of my face.

"Now you have two choices. Either help me with these and save your grades from falling any lower or do as you want and fail my subject this year."

His scent clouded my senses as he stepped impossibly closer. Almost touching.

"So what's it going to be Ms Kristopher?"

His words felt a soft caress against my lips as his breath hit my lips.

A complete contrast against themselves

"Your way or mine." The certainty in his words had me doubting whether he was asking me or telling me how it was going to go.

Either way I didn't have much of a choice.

Not wanting him to get the satisfaction of watching me submit by admitting it out loud. I dropped my shoulders and mutely nodded at him.

"Good now stop whining and help me with them."

I followed behind him.

I wish Mrs. Brenda never left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 4.4K 62
Help him!? Help the prince of the kingdom that locked me up? Joining that man is the second last thing I want to do. The very last thing is to go bac...
2M 71.4K 30
"Emma, you're playing with fire" he whispered against my ear and the warm breath tickled my earlobe, sending electricity down my spine. "What if I li...
207K 1.1K 5
When my sister died, I lost everything. Now I'm looking for answers, but maybe some things are better left buried... ...
770K 18.1K 51
"SSSSHHHHH... What did I say, you are here to listen, so let me complete. Your family's torture is not what I want. I want you, and now listen what I...