Beyond Us [Bangchan] [Finishe...

By NathLeeSeo

It all started with a singular trip and an exchange of concerns. Mia would have never imagined that a single... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Notice!
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62

Chapter 28

498 31 1
By NathLeeSeo

"Hurry up!"

"Coming, coming!" I exclaimed grabbing my phone and sliding my cards and passport into my jacket's pocket.

I thought that after I woke up the first time, I slept for a couple of hours more but I didn't. We woke up slightly past 7 a.m. and there was not much we could do then. We tried to sleep again but just ended up picking on each other and making a tickles battle until I fell off the bed and Chan jumped out worriedly, still laughing though.

"Are you ok?"

"I hit my elbow", I twisted my face in pain.

"Sorry, I'm sorry", he helped me get up. "I couldn't catch you".

"I guess I lost", he rubbed my elbow.

"Really, I'm sorry".

"I'm fine. You can make up with one of these", I tapped my check signaling to him for a peck.

"You're getting cunning, uh?"

"I've been learning from you", I winked at him and he gave me a mischievous smile.

We went back to bed, not really for leisure, before deciding to order some coffee from a shop near the apartment, but they didn't have delivery that early on Sundays so we agreed on going and pick it up.

Chan offered to go by himself but I figured that on a Sunday at 8.30 a.m. there were not going to be many people around, the neighborhood was quiet and calm per se, so it was a great chance to take a walk with him.

I wanted to dress up but Chan insisted on going out quickly so I just put on sweatpants and the first hoodie I found in my closet.

"Are you cold?" He asked noticing I was tightening my scarf.

"I'm fine". I forgot that mornings were getting colder. "By the way, last night I noticed you were using a patch on your back. Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I was just a bit sore". He said lazily.

I was worried when it came to this kind of thing but swallowed my feelings and words because I knew what he was going to say about it. I didn't feel I was in the right place to say something either.

We picked up our coffees and stopped by a convenience store to buy some ham. It was quite relaxing to be out at that hour.

Back at the apartment, I took out the cake and made toast and scrambled eggs to go with the ham.

We were planning on what to do later when Chan got some photos of Berry from his mom and started talking about the pretty furry. I swear; if I could choose a superpower, it would be teleportation so he could visit his family whenever he wanted.

Chan suggested going to the museum together, he knew it was my go-to activity on Sundays but he didn't really look like the type of guy who enjoyed walking around museums and gallery arts, so I told him to do something he liked. I still had more free time and freedom to go and do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted, but he didn't. So our options went down to start watching an anime together and going to the arcade.

Chan seemed eager on going out that day so we decided to go to the arcade. I did my makeup quickly and was ready to go.

We didn't go out very often to start with, we knew it wasn't a very good idea and was safer to stay at my apartment, so knowing we were having a date outside was really exciting.

This was far from your average romantic date at the arcade to start with. It was more like friends competing and bickering with each other, which was way funnier, to be honest.

I'm not sure who was more annoying at the arcade, Chan or me. If we didn't pick a fight was pure self-control... or luck. But it was on us because we played tricks on the other to make it lose. And Chan was really good at making fun of you too.

After sending a couple of hours there, Chan took me for a walk at Yeouido Hangang Park. I followed him happily.

Chan and I were walking aimlessly enjoying the weather, which was perfect for a lazy walk, while we were talking about him wanting to fly his drone after a long time when I noticed a familiar spot. It took me a moment to realize it was the park where some scenes from Start Up were filmed. I had Chan taking pictures within a minute.

"Take one with me, take one with me", I ran to him trying to drag him near the river so the view would appear in the picture.

"Ah, why?" He sighed and complained but didn't fight back and followed me with a smile.

"Please, please, please, please, please" I repeated until we were ready to take the selfies.

We took quite a few, after all, seems like Chan did want to do it in the end. He even took some himself.

"Oh, I got an idea". I turned to him while we were checking my camera roll.

"What's it?"He looked at me.

"Can you take photos with your drone?"

"Ah! I know what you're thinking about! I'd have to get permission".

"Is it possible? Is it difficult?" I was excited already.

"Let's do it next time I have a free day".

"Ok! You just have to tell me, I can reschedule almost everything during the week too".

With that, our conversation went back to drones. I didn't know much about it so Chan explained things about them, some differences, and why and how he had to get authorization to use it. I was almost sure that you could do it whenever you feel like it in California.

We headed home and bought lunch on our way. It was burger day.

No offense intended but every time I had a burger in Korea, I missed the ones from home. I think American burgers were way better, probably because they were fattier.

Since the day before I couldn't bake cookies as I planned, I asked Chan if he wanted some and ended up making them together.

I have to say something spurred inside me watching Chan making his way into the kitchen.

With freshly baked cookies and tea, we sat in front of the TV and started to watch anime together. We have wanted to watch one together for a while but never got to decide which one. I was not really into shonen, that was what Chan watched the most so we logged in to Crunchyroll and spent a while reading resumes and watching trailers until we picked the one.

"Whoa! It's better than I thought". I said stretching myself once the fourth episode was over.

"I told you! Don't you dare to watch it alone though", he sipped on his bottle of water.

"I won't", rolled my eyes. "Pause it, please. I need to use the bathroom". I waddle out of the room quickly. I lost count of how many cups of tea I'd drank already.

"Mia", Chan called me when I was getting out of the bathroom.

"Hm?" I turned to him and he patted the sit next to him. I thought he was hurrying me so I quickly went back.

"Wait a minute, wait a minute". He stopped me when I was about to play the next episode.

"Did something happen?" I looked at him, he looked serious.

"I've been trying to find the chance for this but I couldn't", he took a small box from behind his back. "Happy birthday, again", he said with a smile.

"Really?" I exclaimed looking at the little black box with a white bow. "I got worried", I give him a light slap on his tight before taking the box. "Thank you, thank you so much. You didn't have to".

"Of course I did", he giggled.

"Can I open it?" It was a silly question, I was opening it already. "Oh my God, thank you!" It was a silver bracelet with little half-moons hanging from it. Chan knew I spent every night I couldn't sleep watching the moon, or even when was just bored, I would stick my head out of the window and stare at it until I felt sleepy. "It's so pretty". I said trying to put it on.

"Give it to me", he took it from my hand and did it for me. "I thought about buying you an oven, glad I didn't", both laughed but I guess for two different reasons.

"I really like it, but you didn't have to".

"Ah, I would have felt like the worst boyfriend ever", he said a bit shyly dropping his head and caressing his knee. I knew I had the dumbest smile on my face, and he being that cute didn't help at all. "Thank you", I kissed him on the cheek. And the next thing I knew, he was using my lap as a pillow while we kept watching Nier Automata.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

471K 16.2K 80
Olivia is content with her life. She has a job that pays her bills, even though she absolutely hates it. She gives free dance classes twice a week...
443K 14.2K 29
❝"When I moved to Australia for Junior year, meeting him again and falling in love was not apart of the plan.❞" - Y/N L/N moves from Korea to Austral...
7.9K 360 11
*completed* *Book number 2 coming up* for your study, you moved to Korea. Somehow, you couldn't meet your neighbours. Who is this mysterious boy you...
304 14 17
It starts all with two best friends who fall in love with each other but will they be able to be happy together? „Hyung- I-loooooove~ y~~youu~" Jisu...