Trapping the billionaire✓

By xoxek_12

When Ashley wakes up next to the billionaire Tristan Montenegro, her life spirals into more than she could ha... More

Trapping the billionaire
Chapter 1: The spoiled princess
Chapter 2: Get what you want no mater who gets hurt
Chapter 3: I think I saw my boss naked
Chapter 4: Unexpected visit
Chapter 5: Tell no one that this happened
Chapter 6: Walk of shame
Chapter 7: You sound familiar
Chapter 8: Diner with Madison
Chapter 9: I'm pregnant!
Chapter 10: How much will it cost?
Chapter 11: Where is a friend when you need one
Chapter 12: Emergency
Chapter 13: Bad Ideas
Chapter 14: New business arrangement
Chapter 15: Truth be told
Chapter 16: His way of paying me back
Chapter 17: There must be a mistake
Chapter 18: An offer you can't refuse
Chapter 19: Test results
Chapter 20: A decision to make
Chapter 21: How about dinner?
Chapter 22: A date with the boss
Chapter 23: The secret Cinderella
Chapter 24: Everything good happens with a hotdog
Chapter 25: Spilled the secret
Chapter 26: The break-in
Chapter 27: The announcement
Chapter 28: Someone in his league
Chapter 29: The other Montenegro
Chapter 30: Search for evidence
Chapter 31: Falling for the trap
Chapter 32: Mother in law
Chapter 33: Why would I be mad?
Chapter 34: Leonard's secret
Chapter 35: The universe must hate me!
Chapter 36: Her approval
Chapter 37: Trapped
Chapter 38: Full of visits
Chapter 39:What are you hiding?
Chapter 40: Just a little trip
Chapter 42: You could have died
Chapter 43: The new wife
Chapter 44: Family diner
Chapter 45: The truth can hurt
Chapter 46: Reaction
Chapter 47: Attempted murder
Chapter 48: A visit
Chapter 49: Confessions
Chapter 50: Surprises
Chapter 51: In Love and War
Chapter 52: Life must go on
Chapter 53: Who could have done it?
Chapter 54: Stanger danger
Chapter 55: A surprise visitor
Chapter 56: What the heck happened?
Chapter 57: You scared me
Chapter 58: A new chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 41: How about breakfast

7.9K 504 60
By xoxek_12

Ashley's POV

I couldn't believe it.

Tristan knew about Leonardo all along.

How many people knew about this while I was clueless this whole time?

What else did he know about me?

I stopped in my tracks, anger rushing to my face as I continued listening to the rest of his conversation.

I've never for once told him anything about it and I know very well that he was his partner long before I even had any clue about it.

It makes sense now, this was why he was so invested in knowing about my family before he had the chance to meet my mother. He must have had me investigated. Who knows what kind of information he must have had about me?

"It's ridiculous of my grandfather to even think that I'd use Ashley to get the contract." He said next. "Before you forget, I want to know exactly what business it is that my mother has with the doctor Ashley, and I visited." He added.

I nearly gasped.

He was even closer to the truth than I would have ever thought. Was he investigating me this whole time?

It felt like a lot for me to process at once.

I took some steps back, walking back to the balcony so I'd be far away from his view.

I was trapped in my thoughts, rethinking everything.

I heard some footsteps behind me.

"Ashley," Tristan said. "I thought you'd be sleeping." He commented.

I didn't answer. All I could think about was what could possibly begoing on in that head of his. He knew I was in contact with his mother, but he never said anything about it. He might be much closer to the truth than I know. He also knew about Leonardo being my 'uncle' who is his supposed business partner. He could have been very well trying to use me to get to him, without me even realizing it. Who was Tristan Montenegro? Did I even know anything about him?

I've been the one playing this game, but what if he is the one playing me all along?

"Are you alright?" Tristan asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

My brain slowly slipped back into reality.

"I'm fine," I answered hesitantly.

He didn't seem to pay much attention to my confused state. He had already moved on to the next idea. "Anyways, tomorrow evening we'll be hosting a fundraising event." I don't know if you'd like to come but I could have someone arrange a dress for you." He suggested.

"I don't think I'll attend," I answered.

"Okay, how about we have dinner instead?" He suggested awkwardly. He scratched the back of his head.

Was Tristan nervous right now? He has always been the

"I'm tired from the trip, I need to rest," I answered dismissively.

I walked past him to one of the rooms. I didn't want to be around him right now.

***

"You lied to me. Did you really think I'd continue playing the fool?" Tristan asked. He gave me a cold stern look as he shook his head at me in disgust.

I stood there quietly, feeling smaller than ever as the crowd roared into laughter. A few photographs were taken in my direction.

"You just had to be so pathetic." Madison laughed as she appeared behind him.

I woke up from my sleep gasping for air as I tried to catch my breath.

I felt like my chest was on fire like someone had been strangling me in my sleep.

Why was I even dreaming about Madison? Surely, she was gone from our lives forever.

I had much bigger problems to worry about. What exactly did Tristan know?

I ran my hands through my hair, my breathing slowly adjusting to its normal pace.

This is what happens when you lie, and you happen to have consciousness. Surely there is no rest for the wicked.

I barely slept last night. At first, it was because I couldn't stop thinking about everything and then it was the fact that I couldn't get a hold of Katy. Calling mom wasn't an option since she didn't know I left. After hours of lying awake, I fall asleep and end up having nightmares. Just great.

"Morning miss," a cheerful Cassia yelled as she walked into my room.

Her sudden appearance nearly made my heart race again. She rushed over to open the blinds, allowing the sunlight in.

"You must be so excited for the day." She added cheerfully.

I didn't know what to be excited about. What was even happening today?

"Mr Montenegro had someone pick out a few dresses for you, for the charity ball this evening." She said as she pointed at a pail of clothes, all covered in their suit bags.

Hadn't I told him I wouldn't be going? What made him think he could go along and find me a dress anyway?

Poor Cassia didn't seem like the right person for me to be having that argument with.

"He left you a note too," she pointed to the letter at my bedside. "He is such a romantic, isn't he?" She giggled.

She stared at me with a wide grin on her face before deciding to leave my room.

I waited for Cassia to leave before reaching for the letter.

Breakfast in the garden, please join me.

-Tristan

His letter read.

I returned the letter to the bedside as I jumped off the bed.

After last night, I was still unsure about how to feel about everything. I'd be a hypocrite if I tried to call him out for being a liar or for hiding things from me. He wasn't my favourite person either at the moment.

But I was hungry. Besides, I wasn't going to starve myself let alone deny myself the chance to be outdoors.

If Tristan knew anything of concern, he would have confronted me about it, let alone brought me to his five-star resort.

To start, I hopped into the shower.

I wonder how long ago Tristan wrote that note. Was he still there? Maybe the food had gone cold by now.

Next, I searched through my now-packed clothes in the closet. I didn't bring anything too tight with me. It was bad enough that my stomach was almost completely flat. I didn't want people asking unwanted questions.

I figured today that I would put a little bit more effort into my outfit, ignoring my faded jeans and t-shirt as I settled for a blue faded dress.

Thanks to the help of a few of the staff, getting to the garden wasn't too difficult.

The place was decorated with flowers, with a big table on the lawn. There was a pool nearby too. The last time I was in the water, things didn't end well.

It was easy to spot Tristan from a distance. He was reading a newspaper with black sunglasses on as the wind blew through his hair. The two buttons on his white shirt were left unbuttoned.

Why does he always have to look this good?

It's like he was determined to make things difficult for me, even without knowing.

I continued walking toward him. His head shot up a few seconds later as he spotted me.

It didn't make me feel any better that he had his eyes on me the entire time.

"Good morning," he greeted me as I approached him. He set his newspaper aside.

"Morning," I greeted back softly.

I drew my eyes away from him, looking at the contentsof the table.

I sat down next to Tristan. I didn't care about being this close to him. I just wanted to be closer to the pancakes without having to stretch my hand all the time.

"Your hair looks nice," he commented as he cleared his throat.

My hair looked nice? I hadn't even bored blow drying it after my shower, I just left it loose.

I shrugged as I continued reaching for honey for my pancakes.

"I hope you slept well last night. Is there anything you need to be more comfortable?" He asked.

"I'm good," I answered.

I continued filling my plate, adding some strawberries to it.

I tried my best to ignore his gaze on me. It was already difficult enough trying to keep myself together.

"So..."

"Tristan!" A voice cut him off.

I looked up to see a woman and a man walking towards us. They had their hands hooked together.

I noticed how Tristan's body language quickly changed, the smile disappearing from his face.

"Jocelyn," Tristan whispered.

"We heard you would be here so we thought we might join you," Jocelyn said.

"Well, you're already here," Tristan answered, his enthusiasm waning.

"Who might she be?" Jocelyn asked eyeing me.

"This is Ashley. Ashley, this is my business partner Mike and his wife." Tristan introduced us.

Mike and Jocelyn settled themselves in, sitting opposite Tristan and I.

"I was in Paris for fashion week all week. I feel so starved." Jocelyn whined as she pulled a plate. "Why don't we order some wine? There is nothing quite like drinking during the day. I'm sure Ashley would agree with me." She suggested.

I would agree.

As far as Tristan was concerned, just one second of me looking at a wine bottle would be enough to send me to rehab.

"Ashley doesn't drink," Tristan answered, his tone definite.

"Come on Tristan, you should let the girl have a bit more fun." She winked.

"She is pregnant," Tristan clarified.

Jocelyn's eyes widened. We were all in awkward silence for a while.

I was just going to have to lose the baby. If everyone found out, I'd never be able to walk the streets again.

"So..." Mike cleared his throat. "I heard that your grandfather would be joining us, Tristan," Mike said.

"You know him, he likes making appearances," Tristan answered.

His grandfather was coming. Why doesn't he tell me about these things? I'd have liked a fair warning if I was potentially meeting any new people, especially family members. Was I being naïve in hoping that his grandfather would be just as nice as everyone else in his family?

"His presence would surely be good for our business. You know he attracts a lot of clients," Mike added.

"I'd say we'd be fine without him involved at all." Tristan laughed.

A butler approached our table. I thought he had come to refill our pancakes since I had eaten so many of them. Sadly, it was to speak to Tristan.

"Sorry sir, there are guests here that would like to see both you and Mr Stanford." the butler announced.

"No?" Tristan asked. "You can tell them I'm busy." He answered.

"They seemed rather impatientsir," he insisted.

"Come on now Tristan, we should probably go and speak to them now. We wouldn't want anything going wrong before the event." Mike reasoned.

Tristan sighed as he pushed out of his seat. "Will you be okay here? I will be right back." He asked me.

"She'll be safe with me here," Jocelyn replied.

Tristan looked over at me for assurance. I gave him a small smile in return. Howbad could it be having the rest of my breakfast with Jocelyn?

"Call me if you need anything," Tristan said.

He then walked away with Mike, the butler walking in front of them.

I watched till he disappeared into the building.

"So..." Jocelyn said as she dragged me out of my thoughts. "How did you and Tristan meet?" she asked, rubbing her hands together in excitement.

I cleared my throat. "I worked in one of his hotels," I answered.

"You mean to say that you worked?" Her voice was filled with disbelief.

I nodded. Her eyes widened.

"Oh, so you were the manager or something?" she asked.

"No, I was a maid," I answered. That was before I was promoted and then left without a job. A personal reminder never to piss off Tristan.

I noticed how she swallowed hard, her body stiffening. What had she expected me to say? That I was some kind of rich heiress?

"So, when do you plan on getting married to Tristan?" sheasked next.

I nearly choked on my drink. I had to blink a few times before I could process that question.

I coughed, clearing my airways before I could speak again. "We are not getting married," I clarified.

Where did that idea even come from?

"Come on, you can be honest with me. You don't just get pregnant without wanting a stake in the fortune." She winked.

This was where she was heading with it. I didn't have any money, I worked as a maid, so therefore, I must only be after Tristan's money.

I tried my best to remain calm.

"I'm not planning anything," I answered. I tried not to sound defensive as much as I could. I didn't want to show her that her words rattled me.

I wasn't going to allow her to ruin my morning. But I wanted to get out of here as soon as possible.

She gave me a fake smile as she poured a cup of steaming coffee for herself.

They must have set the table not too long before I got here.

We spent the next two minutes in silence as I finished up my plate. I was ready to leave when two equally annoying voices approached us.

Jocelyn's eyes brightened as two women approached us.

I thought I'd be having breakfast in a private area, but now it turns out to not be so private after all.

"Jocelyn," the two women greeted her.

"Ellianna and Noemi, so gracious of you to join us." Jocelyn acknowledged them.

With the way the two women were dressed, it screamed trust fund or a very rich husband. I was guessing it was both.

"Who is your little friend?" the one woman asked as she eyed me.

"Noemi, you remember Tristan Montenegro, right?" Jocelyn asked.

"Of course, who doesn't know him?" Noemi responded.

"Well, she is his little... project." Jocelyn hesitantly answered.

I didn't want to be that girl from the hood who ended up beating up a bunch of rich snobs but right now the thought seemed tempting. Why kill someone with kindness when you can just knock them out with your fist?

The two ladies had their eyes widened; they didn't need anyone to invite them for a sit.

"That explains the clothes," Ellianna answered.

"Don't be so mean. She is pregnant, you wouldn't want anything happening to her baby." Jocelyn laughed.

"Oh, how far along are you?" Noemi asked. A more serious expression now occupied her face.

"About five weeks," I replied hesitantly, tracing back my lie.

"Oh, you look a lot bigger than I would've expected," Noemi commented.

Why had I even bothered entertaining them? This was all my fault.

"Don't be so mean Noemi, it's not her fault the poor thing doesn't normally get food like this." Ellianna laughed.

"I'm sure this place must be such a step up from the bump you are used to." Jocelyn mocked.

"Please excuse me," I said with clenched teeth. My chair nearly fell as I pushed it back.

I walked a few stepsfurther down towards the pool. I needed space away from them. I couldn't stand them for another second.

I thought being away from them would be enough to calm me, but it only made things worse. By the time I neared the pool, I was completely out of breath as I ran through some breathing techniques.

'You need to calm down Ashley,' I reminded myself.

I tried focusing my eyes on the water, at some point, it had its way of calming me down.

I couldn't breathe, I felt like my lungs were slowly closing up. My chest was on fire.

They were completely right about me. I might not have been doing this for money but it was just as terrible. I came from nothing. I had no business thinking that I belonged here. People like me don'ttravel to places like these.

My breathing only seemed to be getting worse. I didn't know why I felt this way.I haven't experienced this in years.

My mind was all over the place, a million things racing forward at once.

I needed to talk to my sister. I hadn't heard from her in hours and who knows what could have happened to her? She is still a minor and she very well could have been murdered while I am here. I was a terrible sister and an even worse human being.

My trembling hands made it difficult for me to get a firm grip on my phone. I was losing control and nothing was working out the way I wanted.

Now I could barely see straight, I was dizzy and all I wanted was to hold on to something for support.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. For a moment I felt I would be okay. Maybe that was just what I needed to help me get through this moment.

Before I even had another second to react, I was falling into the water.

I gasped, the cold water sending shivers down my skin. But it wasn't enough to calm me down. I felt even worse than before.

And suddenly I was reliving my childhood all over again.

I was in the water, and I was drowning, losing focus and all the strength I had. All the memories I buried deep within me came back to resurface.

I was slowly sinking to the bottom of the pool. All I could see was a shadow standing above the pool as I struggled to breathe and keep myself from sinking.

Everything in me wanted to survive but it wasn't enough. Along the way, my body was slowly losing power as everything turned pitch-black, the water overtaking me. Maybe this was the end of me.

___________________________________
A/N: I promise the next chapter will be a lot more interesting, thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

481K 14.1K 61
Silent, unforgiving and strikingly gorgeous, Rylan Parker is a cold-hearted businessman. An intimidating CEO, perfectly fitted in tailored suits and...
6M 234K 45
"Wait let me get this straight, you want me to get fat?" Cara does not know if she should be offended or threatened. Was this his grand plan to make...
61.4M 2.7M 83
Lisa and her boss, Alessandro, agree to spite their exes by pretending to date, but things begin to backfire when fake feelings become real along the...
141K 4.5K 33
"That night was a mistake!" "The best mistake of my life!! " ___________________________________ Naomi Scarlett Johnson a young lady looking for a j...