Red | Charles Leclerc

By sltforf1

"Loving him was red." You move to Monaco to escape the English weather amongst other things only to find a wh... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Author's note
Author's note (part 2)

Chapter 20

7.7K 134 39
By sltforf1

There it stood. The old stone farmhouse glowing in the afternoon sun. It had been raining here; the slate roof wet and puddles dotted the ground. The car rolled to a stop and crunched in the gravel.

"Hope you don't have white shoes on," I jumped out of the car. I ran over to the door and found the key hidden under the plant pot.

I turned it in the lock and stepped into the hallway. Charles walked into the house behind me. I looked around at the pictures that lined the wall. Charles walked past me and looked at them.

"Who's this dog?" He pointed at a picture of me sat in a field with a puppy.

"Bambi," I smiled at the old picture. "He was my first pet that my dad let me take care of on my own. He died just before I left."

He smiled and walked through into the kitchen. "So where is your dad?"

"It's 3:30pm, he won't be in for a couple of hours," I looked out of the open door onto the rolling hills.

"Oh right, so we have a whole farmhouse to ourselves?" He smirked.

"Stop it," I couldn't help but grin. "Wanna get the bags and take them upstairs?"

"They're in the hallway," he turned around and picked them up.

"This way," I lead him up the wooden stairs and along the narrow hallway to the end of the landing where my bedroom door was. I stared at it, the only place in the house I felt truly safe. "I have to warn you, my room will be covered in posters of Tom Holland."

"He's an attractive man," he shrugged and I laughed.

I opened the door and looked around the room. I had missed it, even if it had only been a few months. My photos of me and my friends and my sheep lined the walls and bookshelves. I smiled at a picture of young me and Caitlin playing with a chick in the back garden. I walked over to the window and started out onto the fields.

"Wow, when you said covered I didn't think you meant this much," Charles put the bags down and walked over to the walls. "You're obsessed."

"Was obsessed," I corrected him. "I have a new obsession now."

"What are you trying to do to me?" He groaned laying down on the bed.

"Dad's gonna be here any moment," I lay down next to him. "Come on, let's go and get ready."

"He's coming!" I jumped up off the couch and ran over to the back door. "Ready Charles?"

"I think so," his face looked sheepish.

"You're cute when you're nervous," I smiled at him.

"I am not nervous."

My dad walked into the room. I ran up to him and hugged him.

"There's my little girl," he said as he hugged me tightly back.

"I've missed you so much," I smiled up at him, his hat was crooked on his head and his green coat was dotted with mud.

I snapped back into reality and noticed Charles stood behind us.

"Oh right, Dad, this is Charles Leclerc," I smiled at them both as they politely shook each other's hands.

"It's nice to meet you Mr y/l/n," Charles looked nervous as he spoke to my dad.

"Do you love my daughter?" My dad started at him.

"Dad?"

"Erm yes I do," Charles replied.

"You promise to treat her right?" He asked another question.

"Yes I do, I wouldn't let anything happen to her," Charles looked at my dad dead in the eye, I knew he meant it.

"Then welcome to the family!" My dad grinned and brought him in for a hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 946 62
"I'll be the one you love to hate" - true story, Ariana Grande "I'm the love of your life until I make you mad." - 1 step forward 3...
36.2K 643 65
Since the day she can remember Ella has been a Ferrari fan. Even before she started watching formule 1. She just loved the look and sound of a Ferrar...
80.9K 1.9K 30
"I once believed love would be burning red, but it's golden." You had known Carlos forever. You had grown up together, but there are some feelings th...
17.8K 431 17
she only wanted to write a book.. about a passion she long forgotten when she met a specific McLaren driver, she only thought the flirting was harmle...