My Sunshine | Camille O'Conne...

CamSmileyFries tarafından

Talia Mikaelson, fifth born child of Mikael and Esther Mikaelson, sister of Finn, Elijah, Niklaus, Kol, and R... Daha Fazla

Prologue
(1) Always and Forever
(2) House of the Rising Son | Part 1
(3) House of the Rising Son | Part 2
(4) House of the Rising Son | Part 3
(5) Tangled up in Blue | Part 1
(6) Tangled up in Blue | Part 2
(7) Tangled up in Blue | Part 3
(8) Tangled up in Blue | Part 4
(9) Girl in New Orleans | Part 1
(10) Girl in New Orleans | Part 2
(11) Girl in New Orleans | Part 3
(12) Sinners and Saints | Part 1
(13) Sinners and Saints | Part 2
(14) Fruit of the Poisoned Tree | Part 1
(15) Fruit of the Poisoned Tree | Part 2
(16) Fruit of the Poisoned Tree | Part 3
(17) Bloodletting | Part 1
(18) Bloodletting | Part 2
(19) The River in Reverse
(20) Reigning Pain in New Orleans | Part 1
(21) Reigning Pain in New Orleans | Part 2
(22) The Casket Girls | Part 1
(23) The Casket Girls | Part 2
(24) Après Moi, Le Déluge | Part 1
(25) Après Moi, Le Déluge | Part 2
(26) Dance Back From The Grave | Part 1
(27) Dance Back From The Grave | Part 2
(28) Crescent City
(29) Long Way Back From Hell | Part 1
(30) Long Way Back From Hell | Part 2
(31) Le Grand Guignol | Part 1
(32) Le Grand Guignol | Part 2
(33) Farewell to Storyville | Part 1
(34) Farewell to Storyville | Part 2
(35) Moon Over Bourbon Street
(36) The Big Uneasy | Part 1
(37) The Big Uneasy | Part 2
(38) An Unblinking Death
(40) A Closer Walk With Thee | Part 2
(41) The Battle of New Orleans
(42) From a Cradle to a Grave | Part 1
(43) From a Cradle to a Grave | Part 2
(44) Rebirth | Part 1
(45) Rebirth | Part 2
(46) Alive and Kicking | Part 1
(47) Alive and Kicking | Part 2
(48) Every Mother's Son | Part 1
(49) Every Mother's Son | Part 2
(50) Live and Let Die
(51) Red Door | Part 1
(52) Red Door | Part 2
(53) Wheel Inside the Wheel
(54) Chasing The Devil's Tail
(55) The Brothers That Care Forgot | Part 1
(56) The Brothers That Care Forgot | Part 2
(57) The Map of Moments | Part 1
(58) The Map of Moments | Part 2

(39) A Closer Walk With Thee | Part 1

167 7 4
CamSmileyFries tarafından

"He was so red I thought he'd explode. It was like he never lost a fight before." I cackled while retelling the story to my sunshine.

She was smiling across from me as we sat next to a corner cafe. In typical New Orleans fashion, the streets were crowded with tourists. All I could focus on was how the sun hit her hair so beautifully. "Well considering the time period, it might have been the first time he lost a fight to a woman."

"Fair point." I wasn't even paying attention to the conversation anymore.

She noticed. "What are you thinking?"

I reached over to grab her hand. "You look so beautiful."

She blushes. "Why do you always do this?"

"Tell the truth?"

"Compliment me out of nowhere. Catching me off guard." She pretended to be offended.

"That's how I keep you excited." I wiggle my eyebrows.

"If that's the case, then you won't need it anymore. I'm here to stay." My words were lost on my tongue. Holy fuck this woman.

I continue staring at her in awe, and she notices my silence. "What now?"

The words scared me, but they came so easy. "I love-" But my words stopped as Cami gasped.

The scene around us suddenly got dark and empty. Cami was gurgling blood and before I could scream she fell to the ground and my father appeared with a heart in his hands.

"Your degeneracy knows no bounds, daughter." His cold voice sends shivers down my spine.

I look down at my sunshine's dead body as tears pooled my vision. I was hyperventilating. "This isn't real. Nik killed you."

"And you bring the bastard's name into this? You are beyond help. Perhaps it's better to put you out of your misery." And without another word, I felt white oak piercing my heart, fire spreading over my body as I let out a scream.

I woke up with a gasp, as if I had died. The room was unfamiliar, which caused me to panic.

I felt arms wrap around me and I started screaming. The arms disappeared but the presence remained.

"Talia! Talia! It's Cami. You're okay. You're in my apartment. It was just a nightmare. You're okay." I could faintly hear her voice and I turned to face her. Once she could see I heard her, she continued. "Try to breathe with me, okay? Just like me." She started taking deep, long breaths as I desperately tried to match her.

It felt like eternity before my heart rate finally slowed down. When I was breathing at a normal rate, I looked down. "I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." She hovered her hand above mine while giving me a look, asking for permission. I nodded and she took my hand in hers. "What happened?"

"I had a nightmare. About my father." I mumbled.

She nodded without another word and we stayed like that until a crash came from the hall. "Where's the intruder? They'll be sorry they ever came here!"

That made us both break out laughing. "Joshua! Come inside, dear."

Josh vamp sped into the room. "Are you both okay?"

I nod. "I had a nightmare, Joshua. Nothing more. Go back to sleep." From the amount of crashing his vampire speed was doing, sleep deprivation was a strong possibility. "Walk, dear."

He shot a finger gun and went to bed.

Cami and I looked at each other with small smiles at his antics. It made me forget the horrors of what I had experienced.

><><><><

It was Kieran's funeral and we were all gathered at Rousseau's for a traditional New Orleans style service.

Cami and I entered together in black attire I had stolen from Josh. I see Klaus moping in the corner by himself, nursing a drink.

I feel my anxiety take over and rush over to him. "What did I miss? Who do I have to kill?"

"That's my line." His lips turned up slightly.

"I suppose no one kills like you, brother." I sit across from him. "Tell me what happened."

He shakes his head. "You needn't concern yourself with me, sister."

"That's quite impossible, sadly." I reached out to give him comfort.

Cami approaches both of us. "Hey! Earth to you!"

He looks up and notices her wounds. "Your face-"

"-Will heal. Listen, I wanted to thank you-" But she couldn't get the words out.

"-Unless you've come equipped with the means to fill this, no additional platitudes are necessary." What happened?

Cami sighs. "Okay... I'm in a crap mood because my uncle just died, and people are partying like it's Mardi Gras. What's your excuse?" She notices his scowl. "Klaus, seriously, what's going on?"

Klaus looks at the both of us before giving in. "I've been having these dreams about my dead father. No diagnosis necessary, love. I've already got this one covered: my fears of fatherhood, of scarring my child as my father scarred me, are manifesting as nightmares." He dreamt of Mikael last night too? This man really did fuck us up. He takes a swig. "It's horrifically cliche."

Cami smiles. "Truthfully? I'm just surprised to hear you acknowledge out loud that you're going to be a dad. Your baby mama has been living out in the bayou for months, it's not exactly What To Expect When You're Expecting."

I laugh. "I've been telling him for months, sunshine. He hasn't even talked with her about a name."

He glared. "Because I told you I didn't care!" He turned to Cami. "I know more about the trials of fatherhood than you might imagine, Camille."

At those words, we both turn around to see Marcel had entered the bar. He gave him a pardon to attend the funeral. I knew he couldn't stay mad for long. Cami grinned. "And it worked out for you so well the first time, why change a thing?" I couldn't stop the snort from coming out.

Cami leaves, but I stay to keep an eye on him. He's deep in thought as he stares at his son. I know what he's thinking about. I squeeze his hand. "If it makes you feel better, father haunted my dreams last night as well."

His eyes widen. "Is that why you're dressed like you have a hangover?"

I look offended. "I don't look-" Wait, not falling for it. "I'm trying to cheer you up, Niklaus. This is exactly like you." He laughs, and I smile victoriously.

Marcel gets up to speak. "I know I haven't been around these parts lately. It's a testament to Father Kieran that we could come together and share a drink, and a story or two. Kieran rolled into town on a rusty old cruiser after his daddy died twenty-five years ago. And damnit, that guy could party! That was, of course, before he took his vows. But, even then, he was committed to the Quarter. He knew that this town needed him. And, we still do." He raises his glass. "To Father K!"

The audience followed and I smiled proudly at him, raising my glass.

The party continues and at some point Elijah decided to join us.

Klaus scowls. "Seems rather uncivilized to laugh and dance around the body of a loved one."

Elijah pours a drink. "Yes, far better to practice your process of grief, Niklaus-denial, rage, and hoarding coffins in basements."

I laugh. "Don't forget sex."

"Because your process of grief is so fucking healthy!" He seethed.

I raise my hands in surrender. Hayley joins us in an urgent mood.

"I will warn you, Hayley, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today." My brother warns.

"Sod off." He mutters.

Hayley doesn't listen. "What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Oliver's trying to set a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry, and frankly, I'm tired of stalling."

Klaus ignores her. "It's a day of peace, Hayley. Try and enjoy it. And, in the meantime, with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll move back in with us." My ears perked up at the suggestion.

"Awesome! Then, we can do that thing where you lock me in the tower, I escape, there's drama, and then you two both realize I'm very capable of looking after myself." I missed her sass.

Klaus loses his temper. "The rings are in progress. I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou, and you will return to the compound for your own safety!" She rolls her eyes as he grabs his drink. "But right now-I'm gonna finish this bottle-and the next, in the hopes of drowning the demon who has chosen today to haunt me." He chugs from the bottle. "Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable, Freudian timing." I sigh sadly at his pain.

Elijah widens his eyes and I look at him confused. "Elaborate. Have you dreamt of our father?"

Klaus sneers. "Go ahead, have a good laugh."

Our brother looked dead serious. "I can assure you there is no piece of this that I find even remotely amusing, Niklaus. Especially considering I've been dreaming of him, too."

That got both of our attention as we simultaneously shout. "What?"

I shake my head. "Two Mikaelsons dreaming of that monster I could chock up to a coincidence, but three."

Elijah turns to me in shock. "You as well, sister?" He starts brainstorming. "If you both are also seeing him..." He stops mid sentence when he sees Genevieve enter the bar. "Perhaps our elusive, unknown enemy is orchestrating a further attack?"

Klaus looks over, an evil grin appearing on his face. "Well, then. What better way to punctuate a day of peace than by killing someone?"

I smile. "Like I said."

><><><><

In classic Original style, we approach the woman using our good old fear tactics. We wait for her to be alone in Katie's old shop before Klaus makes an appearance. She smiled weakly at him. "You disappeared from the party."

I roll my eyes as I step forward. "Feeling a strong attachment to death recently, are you?"

She looked confused and that was when Elijah finally stepped out. "Do you care to explain why you would choose to torment us with visions of our father?"

Her eyes widen. "Your father? I didn't. I wouldn't!"

Elijah and I turn to each other, not buying as he adds. "Of course, how foolish of me. It must have been that other witch that's been parading through our house in scraps of lace."

Klaus smirks. "I know how talented you are with your tongue, Genevieve. Might I recommend you use it to provide answers? I would so hate to tear it from your mouth."

I cover my ears. "I did not need to know that!"

Genevieve looks nervous but holds her ground. "As much as I enjoy these repeated accusations of wrongdoings, I don't know what you're talking about. But, if you've all been seeing your dead father, I can try to get you answers." I shake my head at her bullshit.

Klaus steps up to stroke her neck menacingly. "Fine. Go." Is he fucking serious?

Elijah turns to him in shock. "Niklaus, don't you dare let her-"

He ignores him. "Go!" And she scurried out.

Of course he just did that. And then he turns to our glaring eyes. "You don't trust her, and you're right not to. Only a fool would. But, she certainly wants us to, doesn't she?" What's he on about?

Elijah sighs. "Let me guess, there's something of benefit for you in all of this, isn't there?"

"What gave that away?" I sass.

He looks at us determined. "I need a witch to make those rings for the wolves. Perhaps we'll get both answers and cooperation?"

I stick my tongue out. "Or you let her get away to launch an attack with the witches."

He smirks. "I don think she wants to hurt me."

"All you've done the past couple weeks is threaten and accuse her." I stated.

"I'm just that good."

That earned him a punch in the shoulder as Elijah rolled his eyes at our antics.

Things feel like they're getting back to normal.

><><><><

"Where are you going?" I interrogate Klaus as he tries to rush off.

"None of you business." He's quick to say.

"Father is haunting our dreams! I'd say it is my business." I corrected.

He sighed. "If this is a witch problem, I know a rather powerful one who could answer our questions. A stubborn one from Mystic Falls." Oh god!

"If you're talking about Bonnie, then I suggest you let me handle this." She'll be generous with me.

"If you want to deal with the Bennett witch, then by all means." I thought he would fight me on this. Shit!

I take his phone because I never saved her number. He rolls his eyes but says nothing. It rings several times before she picks up. "Klaus."

"Not exactly, but I won't fault you." I laughed.

"Talia? Why are you using your brother's phone?" The fact she hasn't hung up is a good sign.

"Well, love, I'm sorry to say I don't remember your phone. I need to ask you something real quick." I explained.

"What do you want?"

I take a breath. "If a witch wanted to torment an enemy, would a particular method be implanting an abuser into their dreams?"

"You have to be more specific. I could create an illusions within the mind, but aren't vampires the ones who can enter dreams and change them?" Oh yeah! I forgot we could do that.

"The problem is there's no vampires who would want to or are smart enough to do so. This had to be a witch."

"And when you say abuser....."

"Mikael."

"Mikael? Your father Mikael?"

I roll my eyes. "No, another Mikael who traumatized my family."

"I'm just trying to understand. Your dead father is haunting your dreams and you think it's a witch. That's why you're calling?"

"I always knew you were the smartest one, Miss. Bennett."

There was a long pause. "I think I know what's happening to you."

"Then why haven't you said anything?"

"Because you're not going to like what I have to say." That perked my interest. "Listen, the other side is.........imploding."

I pause. "What do you mean imploding?"

"The other side is no longer held together and as a result it is slowly disintegrating. And all the souls that inhabited it are going to disappear with it." My eyes widen as it hits me.

The other side is going to be gone.

All those souls.

Kol.

Klaus' phone slips from my hands as he speed grabs it and continues talking to Bonnie.

Tears fill my eyes.

My Kol is going to die. I mean, die die.

He will be gone. Somewhere else I know nothing of.

Unreachable.

"As always, it's been a pleasure." I hear my brother say as he hangs up the phone and approaches me. "Sister. Listen to me. I'm right here."

My breath becomes uneven. "Nik..."

He pulls me into his arms. "Shh. I know. I'm so sorry."

I cry into his shoulder. "He'll be gone. Both of them. Lost forever."

He nods solemnly. "I know. But so will father. That doesn't mean much, but it's something."

I shake my head. "If it meant I'd have them, I would deal with Mikael for eternity."

He rubs my back in comfort as I cry.

I fucking hate this cruel world.

><><><><

This might be the worst idea I've ever had, but there's no going back.

"Davina." I whisper shout inside the greenhouse. She was doing her spells with Monique and the blonde one.

"Talia?" She says out loud, alerting the other two. I facepalm.

Monique scowls. "You're not supposed to be here. I'm telling Genevieve-"

"You hate Genevieve and you want her gone. We have something in common." She looks shocked. "Say nothing and I could offer my assistance."

She crosses her arms. "What makes you think I need a vampire's help?"

"Because if you didn't you would have already done so. I'm guessing something is stopping you on your end. But my conscience is clear as day." She doesn't answer, but she also doesn't move. I turn to Davina. "Hello, sweetheart. As lovely as it is to see you, I need to ask a favor."

"What can I do?" I love this girl.

"The other side is disintegrating and my brothers are over there. I'm going to lose them forever and I can't let them go without saying goodbye. A proper goodbye. I would like you to perform a seance that could bring them into my dreams so we can talk."

The blonde one speaks up. "I don't know if the ancestors would like us messing around in the spirit world."

I turn to her. "Who are you?"

She looks down. "I'm Abigail-"

"Wait! I don't care. As Harvest Girls, you all have access to other realms. If anyone can, it's you." I interrupted.

Monique rolls her eyes. "Phony witches do seánces to impress tourists. They're not real!" And she rushes out.

I suppose two will be good enough.

Davina smiles. "Would it be possible to contact Tim?"

I smile sadly. "I'm not sure, sweetheart. Timothy was human when he died. The other side is for the supernatural. I wouldn't know where he'd go."

"Oh." I pull her into my arms. "Do you have something that belonged to your brothers?"

I nod. "I have Kol's daylight ring." And I pull it out of my wallet. I never go anywhere without it.

I hand the small trinket to her and she smiles. "Do you have a picture so I know who I'm looking for?"

I take a deep breath as I scroll through my phone. It didn't take long to find the last picture we took, the two of us showcasing the middle finger while standing in front of the clock tower. "I don't remember the context of this one, sorry."

Davina takes a good look. "He's cute."

Oh no. "Don't get any ideas, dear. He has a reputation of breaking young witches hearts. Your ancestor know that especially well."

"So he's a bad boy? Like Klaus?" She frowned.

"Not exactly. I mean, he likes to fancy himself a ruthless monster, but that's always been a front. He's mischievous, kind hearted, honest, and incredibly intelligent. Not that our siblings will ever see him as anything but a problem. Because he stands his ground against those who would put him in a box." I explained with a smile, as I recall the boy I raised.

Davina nods. "So he's like you.....and me."

I smile. "Perhaps that's why you grew on me so quickly."

Abigail spoke up. "He's also an Original vampire."

"No one asked you." I snapped.

Davina places the ring in the middle of the table. She turns to her friend. "Come on! What's the point of being a witch if we can't use our magic for stuff like this?"

The blonde smiles as the link hands and start chanting. "Elikopte fantomes soliter mouri, vous reveler..."

Leaves blow around them and the candles blow out. Davina looks around. "Kol Mikaelson? Your sister wishes to see you."

She gasps at something in the corner and whip my head but see nothing. "Is he here? Davina, what's happening?"

She blinks for a second before shaking her head. "Nothing. Kol isn't here. I'm sorry. I-I need to go." And rushes out before I can stop her.

Abigail turns to me. "I'm sorry we couldn't find your brother-"

"Stop talking to me." I cut her off and speed back to the compound.

><><><><

So I did not expect Genevieve to willingly return to us after we threatened and accused her, but either the woman is a complete idiot or Klaus is correct with her wanting us to trust her.

Or he really is that good.

Elijah was surprised too. "Genevieve."

She nodded. "I asked around. It's not just your father. The purgatory where supernatural souls are trapped is disintegrating."

This confused my brother. "What do you mean, "disintegrating?"

Before she could answer, Klaus made his appearance. "She's right... more or less. It's actually imploding. Talia and I made a call to a rather reluctant Bennett witch in Mystic Falls who said the same thing. The dead are being torn away into nothingness. And, they're not interested in going quietly." He turned to me. "Where did you run off to?"

I shrug. "Davina. I thought if those souls were reaching out we could possibly meet some we actually wish to see."

This got Genevieve's attention. "You went to the Lycée without my permission?"

I roll my eyes. "Davina is like a daughter to me now, I'd like to see you try to stop me seeing her."

She glared, but I gave her a death stare of my own back, vampire features and all. Elijah continued. "So, you're saying that our father, faced with permanent extinction, has decided to spend his remaining tormenting us? How delightful!" About what I expect from him.

Klaus smirks. "Well, on the plus side, we'll soon be rid of his abhorrent soul forever. And what a good riddance that will be!"

Genevieve sighs. "So, am I in the clear, Elijah? Or is there a new conspiracy you three would like to threaten me over?"

I pretend to contemplate with a smile on my face while Elijah does the same. "Nothing springs to mind at this precise moment..."

The red head gives a fake smile. "Oh gee! Thanks." She turns to Niklaus. "I have to get back to the girls. Perhaps tomorrow, after the funeral, you and I could spend some time together. Alone?" Gross.

Our brother keeps a blank face. "I suppose we'll have to see." This annoys her as she walks out.

Once she's gone, I groan. "I can't wait to kill her."

Elijah nods. "For once, I wholeheartedly agree."

Klaus rolls his eyes. "You two are no fun."

Our big brother looks at him sternly. "If you have a better solution, Niklaus. Please tell me you've designed a stronger method to control the witch than playing hard-to-get?"

This brings his smirk back. "Well, I've always been partial to the classics..."

I fake gag in his direction. When he glares, I feign innocence. "Sorry, your bullshit got stuck in my throat."

><><><><

"You mean to tell me those nightmares starring our father are not just in my head?" After learning the nature of Mikael popping up in our dreams, I decided to warn my beloved sister.

"Yes, apparently the other side is going kaput and our father doesn't mean to go quietly." I explained to her.

"But that would mean...." She trailed off as realization dawned on her. "No! Finn. Kol."

I nod. "Yeah."

"Have either made any appearance?"

I shake my head. "Not yet, but Davina helped me reach out to Kol via seance. I wanted to do the same for Finn, but I'm embarrassed to say I have nothing that belonged to him for the spell to work. I'm hoping he makes contact tonight."

"Well keep me posted if he does. I'll let you know if father shows up again." She told me.

I nodded. "Will do. Love you, Beks."

"Love you too, Tia."

I'm not sure if I'm lucid dreaming or only half-asleep, but the world around me looked desolate.

I sigh. "Mikael, if this is you I fucking dare you to try. I'm ready for you this time!" When I get no answer, I continue walking the compound as I come across our line of family portraits, ending with mine. I was the last one to agree. After more silence, a glimmer of hope appears. "Kol? Are you there? Is this you? Finn? Have you found your way to me? Brother! I'm here! If our cursed father could do it, there should be no issue with you doing the same! Brother! Please! I'm begging you! Find me! I'm right here!" But all I got was nothing. I stared into the void as I cried myself to sleep.

><><><><

Episode 20 let's go!

It feels good to be back to episodes I enjoy. Makes writing them easier.

See you tomorrow!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

219K 6.7K 24
"She's the embodiment of chaos itself-a combination of all her siblings, the worst parts of them. She's more vengeful than Klaus, more conniving than...
320K 8.3K 57
BEING REWRITTEN. IF CHAPTERS ARE MISSING, THEY'RE BEING EDITED AND WILL BE BACK WITHIN AN HOUR. It's been two years since Rory Forbes came back to M...
60.5K 1.2K 13
Isabella Salvatore has never been able to live a normal life. She HAS tried over thirty times. Isa has been able to be reborn when ever she wanted, t...
22.7K 563 23
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. This story takes place when the Mikaelsons were human. Caroline is friends with Re...