Perfect Flaws

By hcvwritess

"Can I ask you a question?" She stares into my eyes, "What?" "If you had a chance to get revenge, or even ju... More

Perfect Flaws
Character descriptions
1. Traitor
2. Battles all alone
3. Time-lapse
4. Unfortunate Luck
5. Life is a Deathly Price
6. Just a Soul that Exists
7. Hostility is a Specialty
8. Sanity will Always Lose
9. Snippets of Delight
10. Fail your Sympathy
11. A Dead Baby's Breath
13. Forbidden Memories
14. A Caged Freedom
15. Clashing Royalty
16. Dangerously Obsessed
17. A Tattered Mind
18. A Mind and Heart's Grave
19. Scorching Surprises
20. Eager Instincts
21. Drowning in Ecstasy
22. Distant for Doubts
23. Trifling Mind Games
24. A Fool in Royalty
25. Secrets Unveiled
26. Don't Ever Forget
27. Inflicting Torment
28. Reliving Time
29. Carnival Games
30. Gnawing Remorse
31. Such a Thin Line
32. To Trust or To Not Trust
33. Exposed Facade
34. Dear Diary
35. Perfectly Addicted
36. A Cruel Tease
37. A Ballerina's Melody
38. Little Escapades
39. A Violent Waltz
40. An Abyss of Death
41. Strangers In Blood
42. Divulging In Candor
43. A Heavy Mind or Heart?
44. Thrones of Lust
45. The Pits of Hell
46. A Death's Siren's Cry
47. Origins of Hearts
EPILOGUE

12. Drained Adolescence

57 5 3
By hcvwritess

Rhea

"Mother?" I whisper.

"Yes?" I hear behind me.

It's her.

I turn around and hug her. Gently, I hold her in between my arms, as if she'll disappear the moment I let go.

"You were dead. How are you here? I thought you and father were dead!" I mumble into her nightgown.

"Darling, we're right here, we didn't go anywhere," she claims.

I feel tears soak my cheeks, as I sob uncontrollably. "Christopher! Come here!" I hear her slightly shout.

Footsteps sound from behind my shaking back. "What? What? Is everything alright?" I hear my father ask, filled with worry.

"It's Rhea, she's had another nightmare," my mother explains.

I close my eyes, squeezing tighter around my mothers torso. "Daddy?" I hear a young voice chime.

My eyes fly open, landing on a little girl with silly black hair, and tired hazel eyes. She sits upright, while a duvet too big for her little body, covers her legs. The room is dimly lit by a lampshade next to the awfully big bed for such a little girl.

"Yes sweetheart?" I hear my father reply behind me.

I turn around and see him.

He has less gray hair than I remember. His chiseled jaw covered in a slight beard, his brown hair tousled in a funny style, and his favorite robe draping off of him.

"What's the matter?" He asks.

"You're dead," I state.

"I had another nightmare. You and mommy were there too," a feathery and soft voice mumbles.

I turn around, and see the little girl. While my mother comforts her, rubbing her back soothingly.

I gaze at my mother.

Her cream colored nightgown clings to her, held by two straps around her shoulders. Black waves of silk hair flow down to her mid back. She's positioned next to the little girl, holding her. Her glimmering brown eyes gaze upon the child with love and worry.

"Mother? Father? I'm right here," I insist.

They ignore me.

My father walks past me, and gently sits next to the girl, pushing some of her hair back and kisses the top of her head. "It was just a nightmare, nothing more. You have got to get sleep. Remember, you have lessons tomorrow," he reassures her.

The girl nods.

They hug the child, while I stand awkwardly in the middle of the room.

I stare as the child gazes back at me.

"Why are you leaving me behind?" She questions, as a tear escapes her eye.

"I'm not," I state.

"Yes, you are. Everyone agrees," she whispers.

"Who?" I ask.

Instead of replying, she points to the corner of the room. I look over and see three figures sitting in the dark, on my windowsill.

I squint my eyes to get a better look.

"Chris, I think she's gone," I hear my mother whisper from the darkness.

"We've failed her Grace," my father sighs, from nowhere.

"I couldn't protect her, I'm sorry," Allen admits.

Tears stream down my face, "No! You've done nothing wrong. I'm sorry," I gasp, walking towards them. Darkness clouds my vision.

I reach out for them, feeling nothing but empty air. I trip, landing on my knees.

"What have you done?" I hear the soft voice behind me.

"Nothing! I've done nothing!"

"Rhea, you're drowning," she whispers, "let me go."

Tears cascade off my chin. I lean on my arms, while my knees hold me from touching the cold tiles. "I can't," I gasp, choking on my tears.

"You've already lost me, let me slip from your hands."

"No," I demand.

"You're killing me, do you understand? You're hurting me so much. How could you do that to me?" The little girl asks, turning my chin with her little hand.

"I can't lose you too," I whisper, as a droplet hangs from the tip of my nose.

"Haven't you listened? I'm already gone."

I close my eyes, as I silently cry.

I feel her hand leave my face, and when I open my eyes, I'm sitting alone in the dark.

"Rhea?" I call out.

"No," I object.

"Don't leave me!" I scream.

"You can't do this to me!"

"Pleas-"

My body jolts, forcing my eyes open. I look around the sun lit room, while I lift myself up, on my elbows.

Two shutter doors meet in the middle, covering the closet, just a couple feet away from me. A clock ticks, hanging on the beige colored wall to the right of me.

A wooden antique nightstand holds a lace covered lightshade, with picture frames (a family I don't know) sitting next to it.

I look in the corner of the right wall, which holds a brown leather armchair. A handmade quilt lays neatly over the top, while a rough fabric pillow showcases a bouquet.

I lift the covers, and slide out of the bed, feeling the cold wooden tiles under my feet.

Opening the guest bedroom door, I walk down the hallway and down the creaky wooden staircase.

I walk through the living room, and into the kitchen.

Immediately, I see a paper, and a key, sitting on the counter island.

I reach for the paper and read it.

"I forgot to give you a key, so here. The house is your home too, eat whatever, do whatever, use my clothes, I don't care, just feel comfortable. I got a few things from the store and put them in the cabinets and fridge.

Nothing should be expired, I hope. The house phone still works, so call me if you need anything.

My number- 555-01X-XXXX

-Gabriel"

I smile at the note, and grab the key.

Deciding I don't want to lose it, I put it on my necklace, holding my parents rings.

I look for the house phone, and see an old tan push telephone, sitting on a slim table against the wall of the stairs.

I pick up the phone and push in the numbers, hearing a click each time. I put the phone to my ear, and hear a mellow ringing.

Within a few seconds, I hear a voice, "Hello?"

I grin, "Hey, I got your note."

"I hope you like some of the things I got, I didn't really know what you liked to eat, so I got the basic snacks," he rambles.

"Anything is fine, really. You've done so much for me," I reassure, while I play with the swirly wire hanging from the phone.

"It wasn't much," he insists.

"Wasn't much? You gave me a whole house to stay in, gave me food, gave me the best date before this. You're like my own fairy godfather."

He laughs, making me smile.

"Alright Cinderella, well, I've got to get back to work, I'm on duty, and I'll get in trouble if I'm distracted. But if you want, can I come over later?" He asks.

"Okay, Okay. But you've got to tell me what your work is."

"I thought you liked my mystery?" He laughs.

"Well, curiosity killed the cat," I grin.

I hear him scoff playfully, "I see you later," he assures.

"Okay."

I hang up, putting the phone back down on its push button.

__________

Gabriel

"Norman, get your ass back to work!" I hear from the side of me.

"Yes, sir," I lift my chin, and see Liam.

"Oh, fuck off," I yell.

He laughs, "Hey, I'm just trying to help you, the pricks around you will take any chance they get to report you to my parents."

I sigh, "Yeah I know."

I look at Liam, "What are you doing here anyways?"

"I was ordered to come down and oversee that we got the right shipments, because of the ship mix up a few weeks ago."

"Ah, they're still paranoid?" I ask.

"Yeah, ever since the Windsor family canceled, I don't understand what the problem is, we've had many kingdoms cancel on us before."

I shrug, "Maybe they really wanted an alliance."

Liam shakes his head, staring off towards the dock, "We're good at standing alone, we always have been, somethings wrong, and I want to know what it is."

I look over and see one of my soldiers dropping a crate clumsily. "Douglas, pick that up! I don't need broken crates!" I shout.

"Sorry, sir!" He shouts back, paling instantly as he glances at Liam.

I shake my head, "I've got to go help these dumbasses."

Liam chuckles, "Go babysit your team."

I jog over to my group, and check the shipment items.

After commanding a few of my troops, I look over and see Liam on the phone, with a serious look on his face.

He looks concerned, while he hastily but professionally turns and walks away, still holding the phone to his ear.

"Sir, there are 3 unauthorized crates," Douglas informs me.

I look at him, "get them open then."

I stand in front of my grandma's front door, and lift my hand to knock. After my knuckles hit the door three times, I hear shuffling inside.

The door opens and I see Rhea with a towel wrapped around her hair, and my clothes hanging off her body.

"You can come in, it's your house," she insists.

"I wanted to give you privacy."

She shrugs, "Next time, just come in."

I nod.

She moves over, and lets me in. As I walk inside, she shuts the door and locks it. I smile at the familiarity of the house.

"Sorry, I used your clothes, I promise I'll get some soon," she apologizes.

"You don't have to apologize, I told you, you could wear them."

She nods.

"I saw that you got me coffee pods," she smiles. I grin, "I thought I might as well save you money."

"Thank you," she pauses, "For everything."

I nod, "You're welcome."

I watch as she takes her hair out of her towel, and starts walking up the stairs. I follow her up the stairs. She goes into the bathroom, while I walk into my room, looking for my spare charger.

I plug my phone in, and see Rhea lean against my door frame. Her wet and slick black hair clings against her neck.

"What's your favorite color?" I ask.

She pauses for a moment, thinking.

"Blue, sometimes green...purple too, I don't know that's a hard question...Why?"

I shake my head, "Just wondering."

I stand straight, resting my gaze on her, "have you seen the backyard?"

She looks at me, "No, I didn't know there was one."

I smile, "Okay go out the door in the kitchen, and I'll meet you there."

She hesitates, finally, she gives me a single nod, and walks down the stairs.

I look around my room, and find my old camera, then I grab two comfy blankets, and make my way downstairs. I go outside, and see Rhea staring up at the moon.

"It's a full moon," she realizes.

"Yeah, and it's perfect for a few shots," I explain, holding up my camera. "Photography?" She asks.

"Yeah, I've always loved capturing moments."

She smiles gracefully, and for a split second I'm mesmerized before she turns back to the moon.

"What about you? What do you like to do?" I ask.

"Violin. I've taken some lessons."

"Ah, I'm more of a piano guy, but you do seem like a violin person."

Her smile returns as she looks back at me. I walk past her and into the grass. I set down the blankets, and my camera.

I look back at Rhea, and call her over. She sits down on the blanket, and stares at the midnight sky.

I grab my camera and take a photo of the moon, zooming in for a better outcome. I feel something sit on my shoulder. I glance down and see Rhea leaning against me.

I smile, returning back to my camera.

"Can it stay like this forever?" she whispers.

I look down at her, and pause.

"We can try."

She smiles, "You always know what to say."

"It's a talent," I grin.

She snuggles in closer, peacefully and quietly breathing.

"Have you ever felt hatred?" She asks.

I lift my camera, and take another photo, "I've felt mad, and disappointed, but no. I've never experienced hatred."

"Really?"

I nod, "Really."

"Hm," she sounds.

"What?" I ask, looking down at her head.

"Nothing," she mumbles.

I set down my camera, and bring my hand to her jaw, lifting it towards me.

I stare into her eyes.

"What's wrong?"

She smiles, "Nothing."

She's lying, but I'll let her tell me when she's ready.

I watch as her gaze shifts to my lips. Slowly, I lean down, while she pulls me closer, our lips collide.

Gentleness, and roughness slam into each other, slowly snaking down our bodies. Passion slithers into my mind, while desire creeps into my heart.

Rhea rakes her hand through my hair, pulling just slightly.

My right hand caresses her jaw, while my left holds her waist. Our lips explore each other, mapping the new sensations, and tingles.

Her cold hand slides under my shirt, gripping at my skin. All the while, I jump at the sudden icy contact. Aching to be closer, she pulls me towards her. My skin flows with goosebumps as she continues to caress my back. 

I smile against her lips, giving her one final kiss, before I pull her towards my chest.

She licks her lips, and smiles at me.

The action alone could send me to heaven.

"One more," she whispers.

I shake my head, grinning.

"Nope."

"Oh come on," she whines, "That's torture, and just plain mean-," I cut her off by grabbing her jaw, kissing her until my lips feel bruised.

Her breaths getting shortened, I give her a break. She breathes heavily, staring up at me. Clearing her throat, she blushes, "Wow."

I smile, "I'll take that as a good sign."

"Take that as an opportunity," she informs me.

I laugh, "If I kiss you anymore, you'll faint. Your face is all red, and you feel really warm."

"Shh," she hushes me, laying her head on my chest.

I smile looking down at her.

"What am I going to do with you?" I whisper.

_____________

Hey! How do we feel about this chapter? 

How do we feel about Gabriel and Rhea?

Any tips?

I hope you enjoyed! Next chapter we'll visit Elijah! 

Love you all! :)

-hc <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
9.5K 211 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...
273 33 13
Princess Vivienne Sinclair, heir to the throne of Aveloria, was accustomed to the weight of responsibility that draped her slender shoulders. Her ele...
11K 146 44
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...