When the male protagonist tur...

By Xiaoshuo_

After transmigrating into the legendary SSS-level difficulty of the ancient dog-blood texts and becoming the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78

Chapter 23

1.6K 27 0
By Xiaoshuo_

Chapter 23

    After returning to the capital, it is natural to start organizing the engagement banquet.

    Although Qiao Nian is not the biological daughter of the Qiao family, she can still be regarded as the adopted daughter of the Qiao family, and it is impossible for the Qiao family to just ignore her marriage.

    When Qiao Nian was filming outside during this period, she also received calls from Qiao's parents. From their concerned words, it could be heard that they still thought she was just having a temper tantrum and refused to go home.

    But sooner or later they will be completely disappointed with their ignorant adopted daughter and choose to completely side with their biological daughter.

    According to the development of the original book, when she comes back, she should use Lu Chen's name to bully Qin Ning and make a mess of Qiao's family.

    But this part of the plot system did not require completion, so Qiao Nian didn't bother to bother, and simply didn't even go back to Qiao's house, so as not to cause trouble again, but just talked to them on the phone.

    As for Qiao Xushen, he didn't call at all. It seems that he has been angry ever since he found out about her relationship with Lu Chen.

    In her memory, this was the first time that Qiao Xushen, a sister-in-law, got seriously angry with her.

    Of course, it may also be that Qin Ning and Qin Ning got along well at home during this period of time, and it may not necessarily be that he gradually favored his own sister. Anyway, he will have to ask his sister for forgiveness in the later stage, and the crematorium, how can he care about a fake seductress? younger sister.

    Thinking of this, Qiao Nian didn't take the initiative to contact him. After all, Qiao Xushen, including Qiao's family, would be strangers to her, and it didn't make much difference if it was earlier or later.

    Qiao Nian felt that except for the plot involving the hero himself, other things were not much different from what happened in the plot, which made people feel more at ease.

    On the male lead's side, only the engagement banquet is left to settle, and she will have run away by then, no matter how much the male lead likes her, he won't accept another person who betrays him.

    Qiao Nian had a good idea, and was even looking forward to the reward after the mission was completed, so she was naturally in a good mood. From the perspective of outsiders, it was because of her engagement with Lu Chen.

    Lu Chen himself probably thought the same way, he was very concerned about the engagement, and accompanied her all day to choose the engagement venue, dress, etc., and even temporarily handed over the work to the company's senior management.

    In fact, the elders of the Lu family and the Qiao family did not have a deep friendship, they just had business cooperation. The status of the Qiao family in the circle is far from being able to catch up with the Lu family, but now they are also gathered together because of their marriage. discuss.

    The current ruler of the Lu family is Lu Chen, not because he is the most favored in the family, but because he is the only direct descendant, and his father is a domineering president with a love brain, far inferior to Lu Chen's ability and resourcefulness, so When Lu Chen just graduated from university, he had already taken over the Lu Group.

    The invitation letter was sent by Lu Chen's mother. In addition to inviting Qiao's parents, Qiao Xushen and Qin Ning were also invited. Although the relationship between the real and fake daughters is embarrassing, they can still live with face.

    To be precise, her name should be Qiao Ning now. During the period when she was filming in Jiangting City, Qin Ning had returned to Qiao's household registration and changed her surname.

    After seeing this family in the Lu family, Qiao Nian obviously found that the relationship between the Qiao family and Qiao Ning was much closer and more natural than before, and there was less estrangement.

    Qiao Ning's dressing has also gone up several steps. From earrings to bags and shoes, they are all big brands. They are glamorous, gentle and soft. At first glance, they seem to have the temperament of a pampered rich lady.

    When Qiao Ning saw her, she could also greet her with a peaceful smile, not showing much sincerity, but she did not have the more obvious sharp hostility before.

    Qiao Nian's temperament is like this. She doesn't pretend to be in front of the Lu family and the Qiao family. If she hates Qiao Ning, she just hates her.

    Qiao Ning's smile remained unchanged, and she sat down on her seat.

    Father Qiao frowned slightly, as if he wanted to reproach him, but he didn't speak because of the existence of the Lu family. He felt that the family had spoiled Qiao Nian too much before, which caused her to be so self-willed without any regard for the overall situation.

    Qiao's mother sighed secretly, unexpectedly after a month or two, Qiao Nian hadn't changed at all. With Ning Ning around, she was unwilling to return to Qiao's house.

    Fortunately, Qiao Nian was about to get engaged, and he was marrying a young man like Lu Chen who knew his roots and family background. Even if they didn't go back to Qiao's house, it would be the same for them to hang out more in the future.

    Qiao Nian could probably guess what Qiao's parents were thinking, but he didn't really care too much about it, but the only thing he couldn't figure out was Qiao Xushen.

    Even because he took care of her as the eldest brother for many years and controlled her, she still felt a little uncomfortable when he was staring at her, as if she had made a mistake.

    After Qiao Xushen came to the Lu family, apart from greeting the Lu family politely, he didn't say anything else. Even if he was sitting next to Qiao Ning, the distance between them seemed to be as far away as thousands of mountains. , neither of them looked at each other, and the atmosphere was very frozen.

    Even when facing Qiao Nian, Qiao Xushen still didn't open his mouth. He had a gentle and handsome face with a slight smile on his lips, and he wore gold-rimmed glasses. There is a bit of gentle temperament like a noble son.

    But even though he was still smiling at the moment, there was no warmth in his eyes, and the light in his eyes under the lenses seemed cold and deep.

    He sat at the dining table like this, listening to the people discussing the marriage happily, as if he was an outsider, but his eyes kept falling on Qiao Nian.

    No matter how heartless Qiao Nian was, he couldn't help but feel guilty at this moment. She knew that he absolutely disapproved of her being together with Lu Chen, let alone that she was still engaged to Lu Chen.

    Perhaps Qiao Xushen was the only one who could see through that her younger sister could not be with Lu Chen peacefully, and knew that she must have ulterior motives, that's why she was like this.

    But maybe because he knew that she couldn't change her decision, or because he didn't want to say anything to her in front of the Lu family, he didn't open his mouth to ruin the marriage other than staring at her.

    By the time the meal was over, the date of the engagement banquet had been decided, which would be next Saturday.

    Lu Chen probably saw that she was bored in front of the elders, so he proposed to take her to the Lu family's garden.

    Qiao Nian got up immediately when she heard this, she really couldn't bear the big brother's eyes, neither salty nor indifferent, just staring at her like this, as if waiting to see what trouble she could do again.

    What she didn't know was that just as she and Lu Chen stood up and headed towards the garden, Qiao Xushen also stood up, as if about to follow.

    But when he just walked under the veranda in the front hall, there was the sound of high heels, and then Qiao Ning's soft but cold voice came over: "Brother, where are you going?" Qiao Xu said

    deeply He paused slightly, and looked sideways at her, with no emotion in his eyes.

    Seeing that he didn't seem to want to talk to her, Qiao Ning smiled gently and obediently: "Brother, you don't seem very happy, is it because my joining the company will threaten your status, or... because of Qiao Nian's engagement about?"

    Josh's deep and clear voice was cold and cold: "It's enough to take care of yourself."

    Qiao Ning smiled, approached him, looked up at his indifferent face, and said softly: "It seems Brother doesn't think I'm a threat to you, so you're warning me because of Qiao Nian?"

    Josh looked at her coldly, the disgust in his eyes was not concealed.

    Qiao Ning paused for a moment before continuing to smile and said, "It seems that I guessed it right." As she spoke, her final sound was slightly drawn out, "But Qiao Nian took too many things from me, brother, let me say this lightly." Do you want me to let her go?"

    Josh said in a flat tone, "Then you can also grab it from me, and I will pay you what she owes you."

    After hearing his words, Qiao Ning seemed to hear some joke General couldn't help laughing out loud, but his eyes became colder and colder, like flames rolling under the glacier, and his voice became a little sharp: "What do you give me? Money? In your heart, I just see Qian Yan is very happy, so she just loves everything, right?" Her eyes were full of resentment, "But obviously I am your sister, why do you still want to protect an outsider?" Josh looked

    deeply Seeing her distorted expression, he frowned slightly, and corrected her extremely indifferently: "In my heart, there is only one younger sister."

    After finishing speaking, he was about to leave, as if he would get impatient if he said a word to her.

    But at this moment, Qiao Ning's mocking voice suddenly sounded: "Jo Xushen, you are so kind to an outsider who has no blood relationship, and you regard her as more important than yourself. Do you really treat her like a fool?" Sister, or...are you in love with her?"

    Josh stopped abruptly, turned to look at her, with a cold and indifferent expression as if looking at something dirty, and didn't say anything to her again. One word, turned around and left.

    Looking at his merciless back, Qiao Ning's fingertips sank into his palm, but the pain in his palm was far worse than his heart.

    Before she knew her background, she was so envious of Qiao Nian, who looked similar to her, for having such a big brother who protected her from wind and rain, but now, her former desire for family affection was completely shattered.

    She would rather have Qiao Xushen's disgusting feelings for Qiao Nian than that he really treats Qiao Nian as his younger sister. The former can only show that he chose love, but the latter... it shows that in his heart, he has a deep love for Qiao Nian. She has no family affection at all, worse than strangers.

    Qiao Ning took a deep breath, suppressed the injustice and resentment in his heart, and his eyes sank.

    Since you are the first grader, I will be the fifteenth grader.

    If you want to protect her, then I will destroy her!

    This is all you owe me!

    The author has something to say:

    the second is probably at night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.8K 976 123
Once time travelling, Lin Zhuo became a prisoner in the world of cultivating immortals. Legend has it that this prison is guarded by ancient ferociou...
32.6K 1.3K 59
𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘!! 𝐌𝐓𝐋 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐋!! Jiang Miaomiao transmigrated into an apocalyptic book and becam...
100K 1.5K 120
https://m.shubaow.net/150/150943/ Author: ah Category: Rebirth through time Release time: 2020-09-19 Latest: Chapter 120 rebirth finished 256,000 Rab...
1.6M 96.2K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...