The Boss' Niece (Spencer Reid)

由 Mileven03011

Unless you knew Aaron Hotchner personally, you wouldn't know that Cassidy "Cassie" Marlow was his niece. Afte... 更多

1. Mistake
2. Newest member
3. Tension
4. Urges
5. Slip up
6. Control
7. A choice
8. Drunk...again
9. Feelings
10. Emotions
11. Insight
12. Cool, calm & collected
13. Free
14. Visitor
15. Breaking protocol
16. Exposed
17. Hard case
18. Almost positive ID
19. Evading capture
20. The date
21. The Chameleon
22. Spencer
23. Cassidy
24. Divided
25. Unique killer/s
26. A witness
27. Ultimate "betrayal"
28. Checking in
29. Possible lead
30. Casting doubt
31. Leading to the truth
32. Nightmares
33. Admitting the truth
34. Old enemy returns
35. George Foyet
36. The Reaper's identity
37. Targeting the Hotchners
38. Familial harm
39. Permanent damage
40. Welcome home
41. Beating the strain
42. Babysitting duty
43. No longer a Hotchner
44. Pent up anger and energy
45. Surprise
46. Wedding planning and case work
47. The purest nightmare
48. Ending the nightmare
49. Awake
50. "Single" for a night
52. Indefinitely
53. Imaginary monsters
54. Mr. Scratch
55. Suspension lifted
56. True intention
57. The true storm
58. Wrong side of the law
59. On their own
60. Denied
61. Cognitive
62. True unsub
63. Foes of the past/Lead on Scratch
64. In his grasp
65. Not coming back
66. Dr. and Mrs. Reid
67. Back for another case
68. Like father, like son
69. "Undercover"
70. Baby genius
71. Self doubt
72. Watching me
73. Hired for information
74. Claims
75. Proof
76. Baby genius - boy or girl?
77. Reid is down
78. Close call
79. Bye-bye Joanne
80. New home
81. Terrified
82. So close, yet so far
83. Rescue mission
84. For their family
85. Times change
86. EPILOGUE

51. Questions

369 6 0
由 Mileven03011

CASSIDY
With the yearly review coming up, we all knew what was coming. Strauss would be asking questions. Knowing her, we all understood that if she sensed even the smallest lie or breach in protocol, our yearly review would turn into an investigation, and none of us wanted that.

So, we all made sure that nothing could spark her distrust.

———

When Spencer and I were called in to work at 8:45 AM, we both got there as soon as possible, Hotch apparently needing to talk to us about something.

"Good morning team. As you know, Strauss will be conducting the FBI's usual yearly review. This means that if and when she calls for you, you must stop what you're doing and attend the interview. Whether you're in a meeting with me, or working on a case in the conference room, if you get called, you go." Hotch explained, everyone nodding.

"So, what time will we be meeting with her?" Morgan asked, Hotch exhaling.

"That's the thing. I wanted to warn you that unlike previous years, there is no set time for each of you to meet with her." Hotch warned, everyone looking at him with confusion.

"What are you saying Hotch?" JJ questioned.

"It's Strauss' choice. She chooses who goes when. It's completely randomised." Hotch sat down.

"Shit." Emily cursed, rolling her eyes.

"Agent Morgan." The conference room door opened to reveal Strauss, who was clearly eager to start the interviews.

"Wish me luck." Morgan chuckled as he followed Strauss out of the BAU bullpen.

"Okay. As for the rest of us, it's paperwork time. If there is a case, I'll let you guys know." Hotch nodded before we all stood up and left the conference room, heading to our desks.

Everyone could tell that Rossi and Hotch were the most nervous about the yearly review. They didn't want Strauss turning their yearly review into an investigation for any reason. From what I understood, Rossi and Hotch's reasons were quite different. Rossi was sick and tired of Strauss and the whole Bureau trying to split apart the team, whereas Hotch didn't want his or any of our jobs to be on the line.

One by one, each member of the team was interviewed by Strauss. First was Morgan, then JJ, then Penelope, then Hotch, then Emily, then Rossi. It was either going to be me or Spencer next. Spencer heard his name exit Strauss' mouth. He silently groaned and stood up, following Strauss for his interview.

20 minutes. 35 minutes. 50 minutes. 1 hour and 10 minutes. By the time an hour and 15 minutes had passed, Spencer was just walking back into the BAU bullpen, running his long fingers through his unwashed hair.

"What the hell happened in there, kid? Each of our interviews took 25 minutes. 30 tops." Morgan leaned back in his chair, confused.

"Oh, you know, the usual. Questions. The occasional agent interrupting." Spencer shrugged his shoulders.

"Only you left, Cassidy. You excited?" JJ smiled.

"Not in the slightest." I rolled my eyes, groaning.

I waited. I waited to hear my name exit Strauss' mouth. I waited to hear her heels click against the floor. As time went by, I assumed that maybe she had been carried away with other business and forgot about interviewing me, but I was wrong.

At 3:05 PM, 10 minutes after the team had been called on a case, Strauss opened the conference room door and clasped her hands together.

"Agent Marlow." She spoke before turning around and leaving, allowing me to follow her.

As I stepped onto the floor of the bullpen, my heart started racing. Walking past my desk, I had a sudden feeling of worry. There was something that I had forgotten. By the time I had reached the glass doors, I took a deep breath in and out, figuring that whatever I had forgotten would have to be dealt with later.

I sat down across from Strauss, keeping my hands tightly clasped together. If they separated, I would risk Strauss noticing how nervous I was.

"Please state your name and rank for the record." She spoke, pressing a button to start a recording.

"Supervisory Special Agent Cassidy Marlow with the BAU." I barely spoke without choking on the air that was entering and exiting my lungs.

"There is no need to be nervous, Agent Marlow. This is just a standard review. I will simply be getting your clarification on any details within your cases." Strauss smiled, noticing my nerves. For the first time ever, she seemed genuine, like she wasn't out to separate the team or fire anyone.

———

After 25 minutes, I thought the interview would be over. She had asked me all appropriate questions and I had done all the clarifying that she deemed acceptable. While Strauss wrote down notes, I took the opportunity to stretch my hands. My hands had been so tightly clasped together, that they were starting to hurt.

"Congratulations." Strauss looked at me, smiling.

"Excuse me?" I smiled slightly, unsure if I had correctly heard what she said.

"That ring on your finger. It's beautiful. Your fiancé is a lucky man. May I ask who?" She glanced down at my ring. My heart dropped. My gaze darted from her eyes to my ring.

Shit, SHIT, SHIT!

This is what I had forgotten. I forgot to take off my engagement ring so that Strauss wouldn't see it.

"Oh, uh, thank you. Spencer is the love of my life." I smiled. There was no point avoiding the topic. She had already seen it, so why not just tell her?

"Spencer? As in Dr. Spencer Reid?" Her voice became low and I seriously considered just making a run for it.

"Y- Yes." I was more nervous now than I had been for the past few hours. My heart was starting to race. My pulse was getting faster. My hands were shaking and she was glaring at me. It was like she was shooting lasers into my soul.

Realising that the recording was still active, Strauss turned it off, clasping her hands together.

"Agent Marlow. You do know that we have strict rules against fraternisation between members of the Bureau." Strauss explained.

"Yes, ma'am." I nodded.

"And you do know that by breaking the rules and protocols in relation to fraternisation between members, you have opened yourself up to possible suspension or even dismissal from working within the FBI?" Strauss leaned forward, her voice more stern than before.

"Yes, ma'am, I know." I nodded again, feeling the tears in my eyes.

"Does Agent Hotchner know?" Strauss asked.

"Yes, he does, ma'am." I informed her.

"Did Agent Hotchner approve your relationship with Dr. Spencer Reid because of your familial ties with him?" Strauss questioned.

"No ma'am. He did not." I shook my head, trying to calm down.

"Are you sure, Agent Marlow? You should know better than to lie to me." Strauss leaned back.

"No ma'am. Agent Hotchner did not approve of my relationship with Spencer Reid. Him being my uncle had nothing to do with it. His words were, and I quote: "I'm not condoning your relationship with him, but I'm not saying that you need to break up with him." I remembered my meeting with Hotch.

"Here's what's going to happen. Tomorrow morning, you, Dr. Reid and Agent Hotchner will be in my office at 9 AM sharp for a meeting. After that, until the Bureau has decided on the right course of action, you and Dr. Reid will be suspended." Strauss informed me.

"I understand." I nodded, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"I will inform Agent Hotchner and Dr. Reid of this development. You may go back to work now." She unclasped her hands and basically kicked me out of her office.

I walked slowly back to the BAU bullpen, my pulse still racing. When I made it back, I headed straight to Hotch's office. I knew that Strauss hadn't informed him or Spencer yet, but he could tell that something was wrong. I expected him to notice. He was an expert profiler.

"Hey, Hotch. I'm not feeling too well. I'm going to head home. Please, let Spencer know for me." I exhaled.

"Sure. Get some rest, Cassidy." He nodded. I smiled weakly before, leaving his office.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

9.3K 252 16
"I know our history Agent Hotchner, and it's been more than a decade we last saw each other. Judging from the photo on your desk, you have moved on...
117K 792 20
Just Criminal minds One-Shots/Imagines that I came up with while sleep-deprived (which is about 95% of my life right now) :) I take requests and my...
2.2K 42 8
Hello. My name is MacKenzie Levesque Gideon. I'm 23 years old and I'm a supervisory special agent for the FBI's BAU and the oldest daughter of two fa...
5K 141 23
Maya Prentiss is Emily's little sister. She was a caring person with a big heart but the world can be cruel so now she hides that under sarcastic com...