The Good Family

By ItsYysabelleEe

In this piece, you will be able to see what a perfect, joyful, and blessed family looks like. Let's see why t... More

Welcome 馃
The Beginning 馃
Growing up 馃
Sweet Success 馃
Graduation 馃
Celebracion 馃
What a Day 馃
Irene's Day 馃
Tita Mommy 馃
Continuation 馃
Acts of Kindness 馃
Casual Day 馃
Piece of Art 馃
Anuncio馃
Quick Trip 馃
Imeldefic馃
Terno馃
Old Photographs馃
Empresa馃
Unforseen 馃
Flee 馃
Errands 馃
Episodes馃
Invited 馃
Los Angeles ?
Prep 馃
Infante 馃
Noche Buena 馃
Siblings 馃
New Year 馃
Momentos 馃
Bloom 馃
Besties 馃
The Return 馃
Secure 馃
ARA 馃
Amable 馃
Jealousy 馃
Disculpas 馃
Proclamation Rally 馃
Uniteam 馃
Bulacan 馃
Noticias 馃
Perd贸n 馃
Ava 馃
La Catedral 馃
Descubrimiento 馃
Sobreviviente 馃
Ecuestre 馃
Activista 馃
Talento 馃
Extranar 馃
馃
Compartir 馃
馃
Unica Hija 馃
H茅roe 馃
Reuni贸n 馃
Pap谩 馃
Generaci贸n 馃
Supper 馃
Miting De Avance 馃
Miting De Avance .2 馃
Continuation 馃
Mother's Day 馃
Elecci贸n 馃
Mansi贸n 馃
El Triunfo 馃
Despu茅s 馃
Elegido 馃
Unity 馃
Ocupado 馃
Triste 馃
Inauguraci贸n 馃
Finalmente 馃
Apo Lakay 馃
馃
M煤sica 馃
Imprevista 馃
馃
Miedo 馃
Apegada 馃
Creciendo 馃
Evolucionando 馃
Vida 馃
Temor 馃
Ni帽a 馃
Bazar 馃
Homenaje 馃
Alegr铆a 馃
Apreciar 馃
Monarca 馃
El Fin 馃

Agridulce 馃

558 28 10
By ItsYysabelleEe

While Irene is in the car, Greggy suddenly called her that he and Yara had gone out, it subsequently turned out that Yara had phoned her dad and went to him after leaving Katutubo. That's when Irene sense how upset her daughter was, she realized right once that she had done something serious.

Irene's POV
As I thought back on all that had happened earlier, I realized that I had missed my daughter's remark earlier that I wasn't giving her my whole attention and had even neglected her at one point. She did roll her eyes at me, and I should have listened to her since she doesn't just do that until you don't get what she's saying or invalidate her thoughts.

flashback

While Yara is leaving Katutubo, she rings her daddy Greggy, who promptly returned the call and asked his daughter out. After some time, Yara's driver drove her to where her dad is, and Greg took her little girl on a stroll.

Greggy: Hola, my Yara bear *kiss her forehead* May I take you for a ride?
Yara: *smiled, embraces his dad* Thank you, daddy...

Their driver gave Greggy the car key, and Greggy sent their bodyguards and driver home first, leaving just Yara and him...

~~

As they wandered around, just the mag-ama strolling around the city...

Greggy: So, Sunshine, what happened?
Yara: Mom lost the hanky you gave me and when I asked her about it, she remained silent rather than making an apology.

Greggy: Alright, my sweetie, as for the hanky, that's sort of alright. I've given it to you when you were only seven, and I believe you cherish it greatly. So don't worry, I'll customize it to resemble just like that hanky, we both treasure. You and your mom's relationship are way way more important than that

Yara: But that's from Lolo Luis, dad. I'm after the memories; it is not just a hanky, fingers crossed, she just misplaced it.

Greggy: Your mommy didn't forget that on purpose, I'm sure of it.
Yara: I suppose *shoulders up*

Greggy: *looks at Yara* I know something other than that hanky transpired, what is it, hija?
Yara: Well, I told her that certain people in Katutubo are trailing and checking on her and us, but she just dismissed it. I don't feel safe and I am extremely uneasy.

Greggy: *hold his daughter's hand* I know, sweetheart, I know...

Given everything she went through the previous year, Greggy could tell by looking at Yara's face that she was still struggling to feel at ease and that it was difficult for her to avert being cautious of other people while they were around.

Greggy: Perhaps your mommy was a little distracted earlier with other matters, which is why she unintentionally did not pay attention to what you told her, sweetheart.
Yara: Yet, she encouraged me to tell her if I felt odd, but when I did, she ignored me.

Greggy: Listen to dad, you know that mom subconsciously ignored you without her recognizing, but she doesn't mean it. I know how you felt at the time, and your mom does too. Know that parents can every once in a while can be a little insensitive and overlook the thoughts and emotions their children are expressing, too, parents have lapses as well, my girl. *holds her hand*

Yara: Umm, I just dislike that mama didn't mind how I had been feeling earlier. You know that I do not even believe, but I did roll my eyes at her, but I didn't mean to.
Greggy: *giggled* Sure, you're truly your mom's daughter and arguably Imee's niece because she always does that to everyone, you know.

I would absolutely love to have such a beautiful relationship with a dad like Greggy, who listens to his child while not allowing her to feel anxious, from taking the time to share her sentiments, and calmly addresses the root of her distress.

They simply strolled through the city while assuring his daughter that her Mommy Irene didn't purposely dismiss her earlier upset and that they would talk and make things right at home.

Greggy parked the car outside, asked Yara to wait, then returned bringing...

Greggy: Ice cream for my sweetest Yara bear...
Yara: *exclaimed* Dad, you're the best! Thank you! *smiling*

Greggy: I definitely love seeing you light up when you smile.
Yara: Dad, you always know how to put a happy smile back on my face.

Greggy: Of course, I am the dad of this beautiful girl *kissed her hand* Daddy loves you, always...

They simply enjoyed the time they spent, stuck in traffic, enjoying the sights and sounds outdoors, busy and crowded streets, and people walking through their everyday routines.

Greggy knew Irene probably awaiting for them to get home, so they just drove back. The night was just as lovely as what this mag-ama bond were.

flashback

Upon returning home, Irene has taken a shower and sat waiting for her mag-ama to arrive. When their gates were opened, she rushed to their entrance and waited for them to move down, but...

"Good evening po Ma'am, pinauna na po kami ni Boss GA"
Irene: Kayo lahat? Where are they going?

"Yes po Ma'am, pinag drive niya po si Ma'am Yara, sila lang daw po"
Irene: Oh I see...did they mention saan sila pupunta?

"Hindi po Ma'am"
Irene: Alright, thank you! I will just wait for them.

~~

Irene decided to take a siesta first because Greggy had not responded to her messages about when they would be home. When the mag-ama arrived, Yara assumed Irene would speak to her, but she was not around.

Greggy merely suggested that Yara should rest and that if she becomes hungry later, he will bring her food, and Yara immediately nodded, thanked her dad, and went to her room.

A few hours later, Greggy kissed Irene on the lips while reading a book.

Irene: *rubs her eyes* Hey, honey...did you just get home? *smooches her husband*
Greggy: No, about three hours ago...

Irene: Where's the little girl? That girl and I haven't spoken since the afternoon.
Greggy: Well, perhaps she is asleep; you really do need to speak to her, honey.

Irene: I was about to, but I don't know when you guys are coming home that's why I sleep instead.
Greggy: She was sad that she hadn't seen you waiting earlier because she truly thought you would talk to her when we got home as you always do.

flashback

Yara looked at ease to address what had happened earlier with her mom, this was likely because Greggy and Yara had already spoken. When Greggy approached to enter the subdivision and was able to see their house

Irene, who dislikes it if any of her kids make tampo of her, makes sure that the day won't finish without them mending it, however...

Yara: *smiling*...Hi, mom...Nana? *tone down* where's mommy?
Nana: Nasa kwarto ata, nagpapahinga palangga.

Yara: *sad*Ah, right. I thought she was downstairs waiting for us when we got home.
Greggy: Darling, perhaps your mommy is tired; otherwise, she would have rushed to welcome you as soon as she heard that we had arrived. *hugging her* rest now, my Yara bear. *feeling Yara's disappointment*

Yara's POV
Am not used to that, when we have misunderstandings, she always comes to me and we talk it out, but I now know she just completely ignores me. I wonder if she doesn't like what I did earlier, maybe I went over and hurt her as well, but, Dad said our relationship with mom is way more important than any of our shortcomings.

~~

Imee, who is currently in Singapore for a medical check-up, called to awaken Yara unexpectedly. They joked and laughed and Yara started telling Imee what had happened, and Imee said...

Imee: I'm certain that your mom is thinking about how to express her apologies to you, and you, madam, should also apologize.
Yara: I certainly hope so, Tita Mommy, but I'm not in the mood to talk to her right now. She didn't come earlier to set things straight, and I kind of expecting her to be waiting for us instead of being in her room.

Imee: Grabeng tampo naman yan, bunny! I certainly sympathize with the trauma you felt and the feeling of you, are at risk but she's your mom, of course, she's obviously worried right now because you aren't talking to her.
Yara: Sana you take me along with you in Singapore, nalang *sigh* I won't be joining on the 25th...

Imee: Hoy, madam. Fix that and when Mommy finds out, oh, she will be sad, you should come!
Yara: Dad, won't come either, you guys are more important...

Imee: Talaga naman, Alana Yara Victoria Marcos Araneta *took a deep breath* One more thing, may pa rolled eyes ka pa, don't copy me, ma cherie *laughing*

Knowing that Yara was actually tampo with her mom, Imee did nothing apart from teasing the young girl. As Irene peeked into Yara's room, Yara instantly ended their video chat and pretended to be sleeping.

Irene walked to Yara's bedside and leaned against the headboard as she lay at her side, caressing her hair, staring at her, and speaking.

Irene: Mommy is so sorry for what happened earlier, little girl. About the hanky, I am searching for it right now and I am aware that it was lost due to my negligence. I know you treasure it greatly because it was a gift from your dad and one of your Lolo Luis's personal belongings.
Yara: *still pretending to sleep*

Irene: I don't like it that you left me at Katutubo without asking permission, but I understand that you're making tampo to me, I didn't mean to dismiss you when you said you didn't feel comfortable with people following us, and I kind of forgot the trauma you felt when you nearly kidnapped honey. I'm so sorry, and I don't want you to go through that again either. *teary-eyed*

Yara: *tears began to pour down while she did her best to remain motionless and pretend to sleep.*

Irene: I know you can hear me, baby, but I'll respect your decision if you don't want to speak to your mom at this time. Know that when you're ready to forgive me, I'll be pleased to hear your side. Mommy is so sorry for all the distress I caused you. I miss you very much, my darling. *gives her a peck on the cheek, fixes the comforter, turns the lamp on, and shuts the door.*

Irene didn't want to force her daughter to speak if she didn't want to because she was conscious of the fact that Yara was only pretending to sleep and was able to hear what she was expressing.

Moments later, Yara went downstairs to look for something to eat after feeling like she needed to shake things off and think about what had happened when she spotted...

Irene: Ice cream? *offered her a utensil*
Yara: *in a flat tone* Thanks, mama...

Irene just so happened to be churning sweets in the kitchen when Yara walked downstairs, and they both sat on the floor eating ice cream until they finally started talking.

Yara: *leans against her mom* Mama, I'm sorry for what I did earlier. Kasi, you didn't even wait when we arrived, so I concluded you didn't like to mend things with me, so I chose to avoid talking to you nalang and pretend to sleep earlier.

Irene: I know my sweetheart, mom is at blame as well, as I told you earlier, I was completely wrong in the point that I misplaced the hanky, and even worse of all, I dismissed the trauma that you felt, but it wasn't at all my intention, from now on mommy will be mindful of the things you tell me... *pecks her forehead*

Yara: And I won't leave without asking permission from you, oh no, no, it won't happen again, mom...
Irene: It won't, little girl. You and I will forever be stuck to each other, okay? *beaming, puppy eye*

Yara: If by chance I hurt you today mom, I am so sorry and I really mean it
Irene: No resentment taken my love, I understand.*embraces, smooches her daughter* I miss you, honey.

Everything progressed smoothly after their conversation as they addressed their misunderstanding, accepted each other's apology, and reconciled things right to make each other feel better.

See just how much of a difference a pint of ice cream can make by seeing how great and okay our favorite mag-ina are again!

the following day

Irene prepared a soufflé for Yara and a salad for her and Greggy as they prepared breakfast together. The household staff could feel how absolutely delighted these two were and it made them smile to see Irene and Yara being as sweet as they always were...

Then, when Greggy awoke, he was ecstatic to see that the two apples of his eyes were now perfectly all right and acting as if nothing had happened, although he had always known that they would always forgive one another regardless of their disagreements...

Irene: Oh hi, good morning, dear. *kiss* Please have a seat swiftly. *whispered* I appreciate you listening and talking to our little girl yesterday, thank you for having my back always, babe.
Greggy: *kisses her again* I know you two are intertwined, and I love waking up to see you both are okay.

Yara: Should we eat now? *smiles and says a prayer*
Greggy: Finally, my two Aranetas are finally back to their sweetest own little world.

And with that, their tampohan finishes off. Irene and Yara are both doing great, and Greggy is the happiest. He always knew in his heart that once these two girls in his life talked things out, they would immediately be ok as both of them know they absolutely can not stand not talking and making lambingan to each other for a long time

Authors' note: I believe that the best way to address problems in any relationship, is that, we have to be fully accountable for our words and actions, no matter if they're rational or irrational. What matters most, in my viewpoint, is that we take into account our shortcomings and differences, weigh the possible solutions, and constantly take a step back and reflect.

We all commit mistakes, and I dare say that the most valuable thing is to stay connected to the ones we love, against all odds, whatever that meant to you.

~end~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 1.7K 32
Is it too late to fix everything? Are they still fixing things between them or keep hurting each other by bringing up the past and the life that she...
11.9K 438 22
A sequel to They don't know about us. Now that Irene is married to Greggy Araneta, what happens to her first born daughter Leandra from her previous...
667 25 7
will you forgive and love someone who gave you, your biggest trauma?
SAUDADE By cee

Fanfiction

31K 2.3K 44
Every family always has a secret, and the Araneta Family isn't an exception. How could they give proper foundation to their family if they're built u...