our weird friendship anomaly...

By DaytimesMoon

Who knew that escaping a school would result in stumbling upon the world's most dangerous beast? Well, luckil... More

Welcome to Nevermore Academy - 1
Farewell Nevermore Academy - 2
On the Prowl - 3
Howdy? - 4
I Could Just Drown You Right Here - 5
First Stop, Somewhere - 6
A Dog Always Comes Back to Its Owner - 7
A Shopping Spree! - 8
Howl Not Howdy - 9
After the Silence - 10
A Successful Plan - 11
The Search for Wednesday Addams - 12
Third Wolfing Experience's a Charm - 13
We Work. We Shouldn't, but We Do - 15
Starved - 16
I Should've Killed You When We Met - 17
Hearts Are Broken - 18
If You Died, I Would've Killed You - 19
Even You Are Music to My Ears - 20
A Change of Plans and A...? - 21
Never Bring a Non-Silver Knife to a Werewolf Fight - 22
Scars and Nicknames - 23
Woe Is Love Mi Sol - 24
Like a Golden Retriever and a Black Cat, or a Raven? - 25
Time Flies When You're Having Fun - 26
Bury Me in My Blood - 27
Enid Sinclair, The Lonely Werewolf - 28
And the Winds Will Call Your Name - 29
Days Gone By - 30
The Kooky Disappointment - 31
SoulMates - 32
Train to Francisco - 33
"Home" at Last - 34
Don't Say Goodbye... I Hate Goodbyes - 35
Home Is Where the Heart Is - 36
Letters to SoulMates - 37
Surprises, Surprises... 38
Welcome Back to Nevermore Academy - 39
more than just a weird friendship anomaly - 40
Rain - 41

Nightmares and Festivals - 14

907 40 12
By DaytimesMoon

She was in hell all over again.

The blood-curdling screams, cries, everything.

And blood just poured in like waterfalls all around her.

Fortunately, she knew this was a nightmare. Unfortunately, this was a nightmare.

Her heart burned from tiredness and pain. It was like she just sprinted a whole marathon in a minute, yet she was standing upright and still, being forced to somehow.

Darkness in every corner, no shine of light but the red burning tint of the sky.

It was quite literally like hell.

"Why?" Enid cried. She stood in the middle of everything, watching it all unfold before her, "Why am I dreaming of this?"

Her heart ached, she physically grabbed her chest, her long nails that were no longer colorful were clawing at her own skin.

"Sinclair, you're a failure," came the gloomy voice. But it was not just her flat expression, it came with spite and bitterness. It was filled with venom. The poison was rising through her body and was destroying her heart.

"Wednesday, stop, stop your voice! Please! I said I'm sorry!" Enid screamed with all her might in an ear-piercing shriek. She looked over her shoulder and saw the body of Wednesday, but only her head remained in the light.

The goth was unfazed and started moving toward her, "You're a failure. You don't deserve to be anywhere near me."

"I never asked for it! I never asked to leave you!" Enid sobbed, slumping to the ground. She didn't know what she was saying but her body spat out words.

What the heck is this nightmare? she covered her eyes, but when she did her hands disappeared from her body and she continued staring at the darkness surrounding.

"Sinclair, you failure," Wednesday's head leaned down toward her, "go kill-"

"Enid," an angel in the middle of this burning hell of demons and devils.

An angel...

"Enid."

An angel of black light, if that shit even makes sense...

"Enid, I'm here."

It's her. That's Wednesday.

Enid stared up at the bloody sky, and a bright light brought her up.

And she snapped into reality.

She saw the green, the orange and purple fallen leaves, under the brown and gray nature. And the near white blue sky, clouds filled the void above.

"Enid," oh god, screw me... when she says my name it just sounds so friggin' majestical.

The cotton-candy blonde panted a few times before turning her head, "W- A-Addams... h-hey," her voice raspy.

"You were having a nightmare again?" Wednesday asked. She was kneeling on Enid's blanket on the ground, attempting to cover her up after waking her.

"Yeah," Enid nodded, taking in a huge gulp of water that Wednesday offered her.

The goth sat back away from the werewolf girl, letting her collect herself in the peaceful sounds of nature.

The birds squawking in the distance and the light rustle of the trees helped calm her down. She felt her heart rate and pressure lower within minutes.

The wind blew gently against her face, she opened her eyes finally to see the real world around her again.

"All I remember is... shouting... you... and that's it," Enid said brokenly, she fiddled with her fingernails that were losing their color, "just you and shouting. Nothing else I remember from my... damn nightmare," she exhaled sharply.

"That is a shame, I wished to hear more of it. As disappointing as it is... you are fine. But, are you fine actually?" Wednesday replied without looking at her.

Enid glanced over at the Addams and smiled, she was embarrassed again for trying to cheer her up. Enid lets out a soft laugh reassuring her, "Yes, I'm fine, thanks for "cheering" me up in your terrible ways."

"You are fine," Wednesday nodded.

"Yup," Enid giggled, "and your cheering up helps, even if it's terrible."

"Good, terrible is good," Wednesday stood up and walked over to Enid's backpack, ruffling through it, "anyways, I woke you up because we need to get moving. That is all."

There she goes again, Enid smirks, wiping the remaining tear from her eye, "Not because I was mumbling in my sleep or anything?"

"C-correct. Stop asking so many questions."

"I asked one question," Enid laughed.

"That is too many from you. Enough. You were saying gibberish and interrupting mother's terrible nature."

"Whatever you say, Addams," she ran her fingers through her blonde colorful locks but it got caught a few times and felt rough. Ah, she remembered she was covered in blood.

"On your feet, Sinclair, the river is nearby," Wednesday crossed over to her, scanning her from feet to head under her blanket, "we need to wash the blood off of you. Even if it looks goo-"

Silence.

"Goo-?" Enid questioned, a smug smirk appearing on her lips.

The Addams' eyes narrowed and she sighed.

"Shut it. Stand up, wash," Wednesday flipped around in an instant, walking toward where she assumed was the river.

She was about to say I looked good, she was giddy and felt touched to the heart. Wednesday was embarrassed to say such things!

"Hey, I also really like it when you call me by name, remember?" she shouted.

"Not happening this time."

Worth a try, Enid stood up but fell down right after, "Welp, still not used to my legs after transformations, ay?" she grumbled to herself trying to stand up again.

After a few trials and errors, the blonde was able to walk fine again. She followed after Wednesday, who so kindly waited for her, toward the flowing waters.

She stopped just above the bank of the smoothly flowing stream, Enid gave her blanket cover to Wednesday and tested the water temperature.

She dipped a toe in and recoiled instantly, letting out a squeak, "Bageez, it's cold, man! Like freezing cold!"

Wednesday kneeled down and poked just the tip of her finger into the water, "It is 3°C."

"Come again?"

The goth rolled her eyes, "37°F, you uncultured swine."

"Hey!" Enid pouted, "I just came back as a human! Remember?"

"Yes, and you licked me. Get in the water."

"I what-" Enid's mouth dropped.

"I said get in," suddenly, Enid felt her entire body falling.

"NO! HOW DARE Y-" Enid's words were cut off when she hit the water with a big splash.

The cold embraced her and she immediately stood up on the river bed, she covered herself with her teeth chattering, "You piece of shit, Addams!" she hissed.

"Thank you for the compliment," and that damn tiny smirk ghosted over her lips for a split second.

Enid splashed the cold water at Wednesday, only for it to go onto her lower legs, but she wasn't fazed.

"IT'S FREEZING IN HERE!" Enid shivered and tried kicking her legs through the water, attempting to get warmer.

"No. I said it's 37°F. It is not freezing. Water freezes at 32°F. This temperature is around where I practice mors mortis."

"Oh thanks for giving me a lesson, but I'm STILL FREEZING MY ASS OFF HERE!"

"That would be quite the sight if literal."

"What?"

"What?"

And they just stared at each other.

Wednesday raised a bar of soap, it was hers but before she tossed it Enid immediately threw her hands out.

"NO! I have my own soap, thank you very much! As much as I appreciate you sharing yours, I prefer mine to not be bones."

"Very well," Wednesday left and shortly came back with her bag with a sigh, "why does one have so many different kinds of soap?"

"A girl can't have enough soap, all right?" Enid half-laughed and half-shivered through her teeth.

Moments later, after explanations of what each soap did and what was the wrong one, Wednesday finally got her soap and tossed it to her.

"Urgh, I don't know what's worse. Having to explain all the kinds of soap to another girl or freezing my ass off in this river," Enid finally relaxed herself when she felt the comfort and smelled the aroma of her own soap.

After the blonde's ice-cold bath, she got out and was handed her towel and then a fresh pair of clothes. Wednesday had started walking back toward their sleeping area to pack up everything but Enid stopped her in tracks.

"W-wait, what do you mean... I... licked you?" she fixed her clothes.

Wednesday crossed her arms and stared over her shoulder with her monotone expression, "It is what you said. You licked me."

"R-really? No fucking-"

"Language."

"No fricking-darn way!" Enid gasps, she starts smiling but then the actual realizing feeling settles in, "oh shit, I licked you when I was a werewolf, didn't I?"

"Sinclair, I said manage your profanity-"

"I licked YOU?! WHAT?! I REMEMBER!" Enid's face heated up extremely hot, her face entirely pink. Gosh, she wished she was blushing in the river there when it was cold instead.

Enid facepalmed, "Holy crap, I remember that! Oh wait, and... you also scra-"

"You also rolled over and begged for a belly scratch."

"You didn't have to say it all," Enid covered her face with her hands, muffling her scream. And holy crap, Wednesday just let it all happen?! What da hell?!

"I am sure you remember the bear, which is the most impressive part along with giving a trim to the forest," the goth gave an eye glance gesture toward the sliced down trees.

"Right," Enid said, still pink from the recollection of memories.

Memories, "Oh right, my memories," Enid gasped.

"You are telling me right now? Do tell," Wednesday returned to strolling to their sleeping area, followed by Enid like a poodle.

The blonde let out a few stuttering sounds, trying to make out her memory restoration, "I-I remember some things... I remember that the w-werewolf curse is..."

"Is... shit, what is it? What is it called?" she grumbled.

Wednesday rolled her eyes at the inappropriate word but kept her gaze on Enid.

"I remember that... the werewolf curse is inherited."

"Inherited?"

"Through... through family."

"Yes, I know what inherited means."

"Well, okay, yeah. The whole werewolf turning thing is not spread through bites or whatever crap," Enid explained, intriguing Wednesday even to the point where they had to stop walking so she could focus on what Enid had to tell her.

This was probably the most truthful and reliable information. It was easy to see how wrong humanity was on werewolves, Enid's simple words were more solid than the few hunter's journals and log books they had in the Addams Manor library or other libraries for sure.

"I remember some history, right... um... werewolves happen through families only. No bites," the small smile disappeared and was replaced by a frown, "but this... this is how and why... hunters were able to kill off entire families."

"Yeah, that's right, there were those extremist hunters that managed to end bloodlines and families, stopping their werewolf curse once and for all," Enid's lips were a little wobbly, like she was about to break down.

Wednesday's eyes lowered to the ground for a moment in pity, before raising back up, "You don't have to continue if you're uncomfortable."

"It's-it's f-fine," Enid took a deep breath and nodded, "I remember more about my family."

"My siblings. They're all brothers. Yeah," she gave a small chuckle, "I have four-four? Y-yeah, FOUR brothers! And... I'm pretty sure they're all older than me!"

"You have four older brothers?" Wednesday honestly felt bad. She already found Pugsley annoying to deal with and he was a younger brother parasite.

"And- and I remember we're from like another place."

"Another place?"

"Y-yeah, I was born in another state. B-but, I don't remember what state... or city or whatever... I just know it's far from here," Enid sighed, "I'm sorry."

"Do not apologize. It's fine."

The pair stood there in silence until Enid chirped up again, bringing back some joy and light to the two, "Oh, I remember! I- I think I have some... I'm pretty sure I do... but I think I have some Greek in me!"

Wednesday raised a brow in surprise, "Greek?"

"Y-yeah! I remember, the Greek part runs through me from my mom's side!"

"That is quite interesting," Wednesday admitted. She cursed herself for not knowing the Greek language but she questioned however, "Do you know any Greek?"

"Uh, I remember... shit- sorry- shoot. Um... oh, right! It's... I remember σελήνη," Enid nodded with a bright smile.

"Meaning?"

"Uh, σελήνη means... moon," the blonde answered and Wednesday just returned a nod of acknowledgement.

"Interesting. Well, I appreciate the information sharing you provided," Wednesday turned on her heels and continued their path to pack up.

"You are most welcome!" Enid skipped alongside the goth, "Sorry again I don't remember much, but I hope that bit helps a bit... it's helping me a bit though about myself."

"Do not apologize. And it does seem that you are remembering yourself," Wednesday replied.

Soon, after packing their packs, the duo set off through the forest to their destined town.

Thanks to the extra activity Enid did as a werewolf however, their progress had slightly slowed down for Enid to catch more breaks and a few more snacks. She wasn't walking at her usual speed and yawned a lot more.

Wednesday didn't mind, she just kept quiet after the first iconic Addams insult at her.

They would reach their destination within the day at least, the only difference would be it would be dark out for at least an hour before they arrive in town.

~

Well this was unusual.

This small village was having a huge attraction.

Wednesday felt the presence of a few hundred people more than usual, she looked at the map and was about to insult the barista boy, Tyler, for incorrect intel. But then Wednesday realized what was going on.

On the far side of the village was a festival... some sort of celebration for some local holiday.

It was bright, too bright, in fact it lit up even the surrounding area of trees for a solid few hundred meters. Laughter was easily heard from a distance, even for a regular human who was not an Addams nor a werewolf.

Loud noise and light was erupting from it like an ugly volcano.

They couldn't stay here. If there was a huge attraction of people, there was most likely news and travelers with information that can post about the missing Addams.

Wednesday looked at Enid in a bit of pity, she was already tired and- Wait what-

Enid was full on grinning and bouncing on her toes.

"Oh my gosh, W- Addams, do you know what that is?"

"An ugly contest where everyone's a winner?"

"Pft, no! It's a festival!"

"You don't say," Wednesday grumbled.

"It's a festival! I know I don't have all my memories but I always loved festivals!" Enid hopped around excitedly.

"Settle down, and so what? We have to be in hiding. And weren't you just tired a minute ago?"

"I was tired, but there's a festival! And we NEED to go!" Enid clasped her hands together and begged like the signature puppy she imitated, "Please, please, pweeaase, Addams! I'll be good! And I'm sure no one would notice us in that huge crowd having fun!"

Wednesday glared in between the bright blonde and the bright celebration. The blonde was much brighter.

The goth sighed and stared at the ground, "Fine. You can go."

Enid literally jumped several feet high in joy, "YAY! Thank you so much! This is going to be so much fun!"

The two started walking toward the town, deciding it will be in fact their stay for the rest of the night- that is if they're ever going to get rest from this festival.

Wednesday walked gloomily, Enid just skipped while humming terribly.

"We're going to have so much fun! There's going to be so many foods! So many prizes! So much food! Did I say food? They also have prizes and toys and food!" she was vibrating with happiness.

"Stop," Wednesday froze and shot a dagger glare at Enid. There was a slightly unsettling silence as she stared, making Enid let out a nervous giggle, "we?"

"We? Of course we, Addams!" Enid grinned, "We! WE are going to have fun!"

"I never agreed to do this bidding of next-level bad torture. I will not go into the revolting area you call fun, I rather cut off my ears and gauge out my eyes and cut off my tongue."

"Gee, extra much?" the blonde just giggled again, "Let's go, c'mon! It'll be so much fun!"

"I say fun is chopping doll heads through a guillotine. Incinerating them, or letting ravens pick at them. Maybe watching people scream in horror or fear, that's my hobby. But what you say is fun is blinding yourself with annoying lights and sounds."

They continued walking farther into the area, passing by buildings and animals, all the people were assumed to be at the festival.

"Heyyy, please, you HAVE to come with me! It'll be fun!" she was persistent... she wouldn't stop and Wednesday knew it.

Wednesday caught a glance at the news board by the library of the village and sighed. The poster for the missing Addams was not there. This village was mostly clean and clear of people searching for her.

Wednesday winced at the sudden shriek of laughing and sounds of popping. She wished it was explosions but it was just balloons.

"Pleeaase, I'll be good. I'll- I'll make a deal-"

"No deal. We go to the inn, drop off our packs, then go," Wednesday immediately started marching off swiftly.

Enid pouted and slouched, "Aww, man... what's- wait- what?" her posture straightened and she started smiling again, "You said- you said WE GO?!"

"I am not repeating myself."

"Aww, you're the best! Like literally the best!" Enid smiled too brightly as she caught up with the Addams in her tracks, "We get to go to a festival and have a heck load of fun!"

Enid did little hand dances in glee, and Wednesday just stood up with it.

Wednesday inside her feelings figured it would be best for Enid to have a fun cheer up for once, the entire time she's been back human has not much excitement to it. Enid deserved a little bit of actual fun. It was that and she wanted to make sure Enid would remain safe and never leave her sight... just as she promised herself she would.

She would never see to the end of Enid babbling about her actual answer.

The goth imagined the spiders crawling in her stomach on the ground and she was stomping them. It only worked slightly.

~

Enid gasped and gawked as they stepped foot into the festival area of the village. It was definitely a celebration for one of their local holidays.

The hyper werewolf girl zipped through the passing crowds, whooshing from one stand to another and squealing at whatever she saw. Wednesday was barely able to keep up, and while she tried to go after the blonde, she had to grimace at the smell of sugar.

Enid finally came to a stop in front of a stand, excusing herself as she stepped by the townspeople.

She looked over at Wednesday and fanned her over, making a strange EEE squeaking sound as the goth finally came up to her.

"-eee, look! They have that balloon pop game!" Enid bounced and pointed like a child at the contents inside the stand.

"Heeeey, missy, you seem like you could win a prize!" the lady attendant's voice boomed out, "But mind you, those little boys were here before you," she smiled graciously and wagged her finger to the side.

"Sinclair, have you forgotten your manners?" Wednesday gave a glare as she pulled her to the side, getting in line behind the boys.

"Sorry!" Enid breathed through her teeth and just continued grinning and hopping, "I just feel so energetic and lively! I feel good to be at a game area like this!"

"Well, this better the last time you are reminded about your manners," Wednesday crossed her arms and waited.

After a few pops and a prize was awarded, the pair walked up and were greeted with that happy smile.

"Hey, there you are missy, finally got through the line yeah?" the lady laughed.

"If you call that a line, then I call your hairlin-"

"Woaaaaaah, woah, Addams, no need to be so aggressive," Enid chuckled nervously, managing to wave off Wednesday's insult, "we're here for fun, not threats, right?"

"Thatsa right, missy, now come on up and let's see if you can pop these balloons!" the lady started rolling the balloons back and Enid realized how far it was from her position.

"Shoot, that's not fair! How come it's so far for us and so close for those kids before us?" Enid pouted.

"You seem like a teenager, obviously some things be changed," the lady laughed, "come on, missy, I betcha still can hit this."

Enid aimed her dart, shutting one eye and then sticking her tongue out.

She aimed precisely, measured it up, got it ready, calculated everything and-

Miss.

It hit the board below.

Another miss.

It ended up going far off to the side.

And another miss, it somehow went a shorter distance than the first.

Enid's shoulders slumped and a frown took over, "Aww, I thought I was going to do so well."

"Well, come around again soon and we'll see, nice try though!" the lady laughed.

"Wait."

And then all eyes went to the goth.

"I still haven't gone yet," Wednesday gave a deathly stare to the lady, her flat yet intimidating look spooked the soul out of her, "my turn..." she said ghastly.

"Right away," the lady swallowed and hesitantly gave the Addams a set of darts.

Wednesday examined the dart like she saw them for the first time in her life, she let out a small hum and threw it with ease.

POP!

Then the second, without looking.

POP!

And then the third, looking at Enid.

POP!

Enid gasped and clasped her hands to her own cheeks, "AWW! OMG, W- Addams, that was amazing! You got all the balloons! I never knew you were so good with darts!"

"A precise tool but only for sport. A better tool would be an axe or perhaps the elegant one of the Eastern kunai."

"Ooohkay, knives gal, right," Enid nodded and then laughed it off.

"Alright, missy, you proved your skills, matches," the lady laughed and brought over the rolling shelf of-

Of-

Oh, what filth and disgust...

Wednesday had to look away from the bright colors and material.

"O... M... G... Addams... they have... PLUSHIES!" Enid slammed into the counter and awed at the plushies presented before her.

The lady wagged her finger no at Enid, then gesturing to Wednesday they were her's.

"THEY LOOK SO CUTE! You don't want it, right? Can I have it! CAN I HAVE IT! GIMME IT!" Enid begged in front of Wednesday.

"No, you do not need to carry-"

"I'll stop cuddling you in your sleep-"

"Deal."

"YAY!" Enid zoomed to the counter and immediately picked a plush. One second later, she is back in front of Wednesday with a... dark object?

"What is that?"

"Since you won that for me-" the blonde gave a wink, "I got myself a black cat!" she turned it around and showed the bored cartoonish expression with its whiskers.

"What does that have to do with me?" Wednesday took a step back from the horrible thing they consider a black cat plush. Too fluffy, too kid-like, too stiff for something not alive and moving.

"Stuffed animals are so cute in general!"

"If it's a stuffed animal, why is there nothing made from organic animals besides the modified fluff?"

"Stuff- stuffed animal... it's a toy and teddy for kids, Addams... don't you dare tell them to sell literal stuffed animals," Enid laughed and shrugged.

"Well, I personally think... you are a cat of shadows in a way," she smiled and held the black cat to her own face, "it's SO cute! That's why it reminds me of you! But anyway, thank you for winning me that game!"

"Do not mention it," Wednesday gave a glare at the black cat plush's eyes before turning around, observing the other stands.

This is going to be a long night, isn't it?

And it was, they literally went through every single game the festival offered them.

They waited in line, played a game, waited in another, played the game. And all of them Enid had gotten herself a horrible fluffy thing.

Enid had literally developed a stuffed animal collection.

From the hammer and bell, to bobbing apples, which for some reason left knife-like marks in the apple from Wednesday's bite, to ball throws-

Enid was very proud she managed to do the ball throwing one all by herself, the one where you knock over cans. She did a huge leap into the air when they clattered to the ground for the second time. She picked out a little red fox and was completely adorned by it, hugging it so tightly it might pop and fluff would fly everywhere.

During their games, they stopped twice or thrice for food or snacks, mainly for Enid of course.

The cotton-candy blonde... gooooooot cotton candy!

While Wednesday just sat down with simply water, she saw the absolute hideous colors of Enid's hair in her abomination she calls food.

"COTTON CANDY! AHHH, ADDAMS!" she kicked her feet into the air as she held the cup up high.

"Cotton candy?" Wednesday's lips turned into disgust as she saw Enid pull it like it was actual cotton and stuff a whole bunch into her mouth.

And within a second, it all went down.

"How does one eat such an atrocity you call snacks?"

"Well," Enid smacked her lips, "cotton candy is good for you."

"No, it is not. I would not consider pure modified and artificial sugar good for you."

"Hey-hey-hey-heyyy, I mean good for your soul!" Enid grinned and offered the cotton candy toward Wednesday.

The goth grimaced at the sight, "Disgusting."

"No! It's good for your soul! It doesn't taste bad!"

"I will die from touching it, I will die in my eternal rest from eating it, I will-"

"Oh, come on, Addams, it's not that bad!" the blonde shook the sweet right up in Wednesday's face, "Eat a piece! Please, eat it and I'll have the rest of it and we can see the last few games they have here!"

The ravenette stared at the obscenity of sugar, and then at Enid, she narrowed her eyes and said in a dreadful and harrowing voice, "How dare you torment me. You will pay, Sinclair."

All Enid did was giggle and shrug.

Typical Enid.

Wednesday's hand moved so slowly it was slower than the snail moving below them. She hesitantly pinched the fluff and ripped it off, she looked at the blonde with concern who just gestured to plop it into her mouth and let it sit on her tongue.

Wednesday did so and consumed the fluff. It fizzed, it popped a little, it burned of horrible repulsive flavors, Wednesday shivered and swallowed it after it somehow shrunk into nothing but little particles.

"See? Not so bad."

"It's revolting, like your hair."

Enid just smiled and ate another handful casually. She swallowed and stuck out her tongue which tinted blue.

"Keep your tongue to yourself, you will regret poisoning me when I die."

"And yet you still ate it, even though you could've rejected me like all the other times," Enid replied with a smug smirk.

Wednesday sighs and sits upright, secretly revealing the sheath of her knife but in a sort of joking way, "You will die before me. Your death will be art, and I will listen to Pyotr Tchaikovsky's Serenade for Strings in C Major, Op. 48 Movement 1, while committing my first flay of a werewolf."

"Wow, dramatic," Enid stared amazed before her stupid smirk returned, "and... are you saying that when I die I will be art in your eyes?"

"Shut it," Wednesday managed before Enid bursted into giggles.

Shortly after the cotton candy poisoning incident, the pair resumed playing games. The area was slowly getting less crowded and more open-space, still many remained and were rushing around to the games and food stands.

They approached a game they haven't been to yet and saw a mini trophy which Enid couldn't help but gawk at, she always wanted a trophy, and even if it's this miniature one here it would absolutely satisfy her for the night with her stuffed animal collection.

The man greeted the pair after they came forward through the line, and gave them both a box of rings.

Wednesday immediately counted up the rings in the box and looked over at the attendant.

"What happens if all bottles get a ring?"

"W-what, what do you mean, young lady?" he asked, befuddled.

"You gave me more than enough rings to get around these bottles."

Enid chuckled nervously and just held the box in front of Wednesday, "Sorry about her, she's actually really good at everything but a bit extreme sometimes."

"I am not extreme, I am telling you realistic statistics, I am able to land a ring on every single bottle here."

"Well, you gonna run me out of business then," the man laughed in disbelief.

"I better," Wednesday grumbled and looked over at Enid, hauling the stuffed animal collection, "she better get every single annoying stuffed-not-actually-animal abomination you have."

"Wed- Addams... you don't have to," Enid gave a sweet smile.

"You deserve it," the goth shot a small glare at her before returning to the box.

The man sighed, scratching at his beard, "Well... I'm sorry but you can't-"

"H-how about I give them all to the kids behind me? And anyone else who comes after?" Enid chimed, earning a surprised and warm expression in return.

"Yeah, you could do that, that's nice of ya," the man nodded.

"All right then, Wed- Wed- Addams, you get those rings on the bottles, all the plushies you get I will give to everyone else behind me, except the trophy though," Enid looked at Wednesday in excitement.

The goth stood there wondering why Enid would do such a thing, but she remembered she has her selfless moments. She decided not to argue or press more and went with the plan, after all ring tosses were nearly impossible for children, so it maybe was for the better.

And so she began, and moments later... every single bottle had a ring on their necks.

The man called her a witch, but all Wednesday said was she wishes.

The children and their parents and some regulars, as well as the attendant, all applauded Wednesday.

Enid put down her huge pile of fluff and praised the Addams as well with a cheer.

And then the stuffed animals were distributed amongst all the people around and those who came by, they all were kindly given a stuffed animal or a trophy.

And as more people came by, Enid decided to give away some of her Wednesday-earned stuffed animals.

Wednesday watched from the side with soft eyes as the blonde gave away her accessories with a warm and welcoming toothy grin. Behind her she kept to herself her red fox and black cat, as well as the small trophy.

She watched in silence, blocking out the loud noises of the festival of laughter and chatter with bells and balloons popping, and just observed the happy smile on Enid's face.

Her gaze softened at the features of Enid.

Her cheeks at the perfect position, her blue eyes shining in the dimly lit stands, her smile so... annoyingly bright. Her hair that flowed around her with the irritatingly-colored ends. Her skin smooth and clean.

Wednesday didn't realize how long she had been staring because Enid was trying to get her attention for at least a minute now.

The Addams snapped back into reality and saw Enid just holding her three items earned, she smiled and asked her to just walk around and talk, leisure and such.

Wednesday followed with no comment, letting herself be somewhat dragged by the blonde around the festival grounds.

The village has gotten less busy, everyone else must've returned to the inns or their homes around the area. There was still a fair amount of commotion but not as much as before obviously.

Wednesday and Enid had walked themselves toward an opening area view of the fields and plains just before a set of forests. Their feet still remained on the festival grounds. Off to the distance was the silhouette of mountains and great hills.

The dark was a complete void, only a litter of stars scattered the sky. The moon was elsewhere from the view.

No wind, just the sounds of people's joy from the festival.

It was barely cold, even at this time of the year.

The two just gazed at the endless world before them, in a comfortable silence until suddenly a shout rang out from the festival.

They both turned their heads and saw, they assumed to be the manager, standing on a stack of crates with his hands cupped around his mouth, "Hey, y'all! You better look up in the sky! Cuz we got our hands on some nice work! Courtesy of our friends from afar and also courtesy of being allowed this from the authorities!"

The remaining patrons and crowds started giving a round of applause and cheering as they all faced the same direction as the girls originally did.

What did he mean- they both thought until a sudden distant explosion set off.

Their heads snapped forward, both their dark and blue eyes observed a fading spark and a silhouette of an object fly into the sky.

And then the whole world lit up orange.

The night seemed like it had vanished, as all the shadows and corners were filled with the bright orange light in the sky.

A firework.

And then several more small explosions, followed by several larger ones in the sky. It was a huge barrage of fireworks in the sky, orange brightness everywhere.

The crowds all went ooh and ah, the children and kids either cried or exclaimed at the sight.

Wednesday noticed in her peripheral that Enid was no longer there, she quickly snapped her head to the side and only found out that Enid was lowered to the ground.

The Addams looked down and sat that the blonde was crouching down, her hands pressed to the side of her head.

Oh, right... heightened senses... Enid was pressing extremely hard against her ears, blocking out the huge explosions of noise.

The two stuffed animals and small trophy rested peacefully on the ground.

The bright orange light continued radiating as Wednesday now looked to the brighter thing of her life. Her dark eyes and facial expression had done it again, and she curses everything inside her body.

Her gaze softened as she looked down at Enid kneeling on the ground, not making a noise but was clearly unsettled.

"Enid," her voice was soft. So gentle, so tender.

And it got Enid's attention.

The blonde whipped her head toward the Addams and her blue eyes met with Wednesday's dark eyes.

A small smile appeared on her face. Wednesday couldn't tell if it was the new lighting of the sky or now, but Enid's cheeks were tinted red.

Enid slowly stood up, her palms hesitantly lowered from her ears and she continued looking back at Wednesday with a smile. The smell of gunpowder and sulfur didn't bother her that much.

Every firework pop made her flinch or wince. Eventually, she was able to withstand it, only now blinking or flinching ever so slightly when the explosion occurred.

Wednesday and Enid's eyes were locked for an enduring time, until suddenly that townsperson made an announcement about a special firework.

They both looked away without hurry and observed a special spark coming from the ground, a whistle, and then an explosion of pink, filling the sky.

The crowd cheered and applauded under the shining bright red light.

Red.

Pink.

Light.

Bright.

Enid smiled warmly, "Thank you for taking me out here."

Wednesday couldn't help but see her as the brightest light in the area. That was all she would admit. "You are welcome."

(author's note):

I am happy, I really am! I am REALLY glad that this story is doing well and you guys are enjoying it!

Seeing your comments and all the people liking it is the best part of my day.

So far has been quite some lighthearted fluff with a tiny bit of downers and angst. Slowly getting through the main plot, learning more about Enid slightly and seeing what Wednesday's journey has in store for them.

A steady flow so far, but you know what they say!: The calm before the storm.

Not like I'm foreshadowing that or anything, pfft...

Okay maybe...

But, I am content with you guys enjoying it so far! Things are going according to plan!

Thanks y'all, you are great!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 135 7
When Wednesday visits Enid in her hometown over break she sees a whole new side to her friend. She's acting irrationally, can't seem to stop glaring...
170K 4.5K 47
Wenclair fanfic! While Wednesday returns to Nevermore after the semester break, she tries to solve the mystery of who may be stalking her. As to be a...
120K 2.4K 57
Hello there. updates will be very slow. there will be smut, fluff, strong language and others (I will be putting a warning before, not for fluff obvi...
3.2K 112 8
Alrigthy, so i've been thinking about this for a long long time, and this story is finally made, description in the first chapter as always, this is...