The Good Family

By ItsYysabelleEe

In this piece, you will be able to see what a perfect, joyful, and blessed family looks like. Let's see why t... More

Welcome 🦋
The Beginning 🦋
Growing up 🦋
Sweet Success 🦋
Graduation 🦋
Celebracion 🦋
What a Day 🦋
Irene's Day 🦋
Tita Mommy 🦋
Continuation 🦋
Acts of Kindness 🦋
Casual Day 🦋
Piece of Art 🦋
Anuncio🦋
Quick Trip 🦋
Imeldefic🦋
Terno🦋
Old Photographs🦋
Empresa🦋
Unforseen 🦋
Flee 🦋
Errands 🦋
Episodes🦋
Invited 🦋
Los Angeles ?
Prep 🦋
Infante 🦋
Noche Buena 🦋
Siblings 🦋
New Year 🦋
Momentos 🦋
Bloom 🦋
Besties 🦋
The Return 🦋
Secure 🦋
ARA 🦋
Amable 🦋
Jealousy 🦋
Disculpas 🦋
Proclamation Rally 🦋
Uniteam 🦋
Bulacan 🦋
Noticias 🦋
Perdón 🦋
Ava 🦋
La Catedral 🦋
Descubrimiento 🦋
Sobreviviente 🦋
Ecuestre 🦋
Activista 🦋
Talento 🦋
Extranar 🦋
🦋
Compartir 🦋
🦋
Unica Hija 🦋
Héroe 🦋
Reunión 🦋
Papá 🦋
Generación 🦋
Supper 🦋
Miting De Avance 🦋
Miting De Avance .2 🦋
Continuation 🦋
Mother's Day 🦋
Elección 🦋
Mansión 🦋
El Triunfo 🦋
Agridulce 🦋
Elegido 🦋
Unity 🦋
Ocupado 🦋
Triste 🦋
Inauguración 🦋
Finalmente 🦋
Apo Lakay 🦋
🦋
Música 🦋
Imprevista 🦋
🦋
Miedo 🦋
Apegada 🦋
Creciendo 🦋
Evolucionando 🦋
Vida 🦋
Temor 🦋
Niña 🦋
Bazar 🦋
Homenaje 🦋
Alegría 🦋
Apreciar 🦋
Monarca 🦋
El Fin 🦋

Después 🦋

540 24 27
By ItsYysabelleEe

Following a successful election, Bong and Sara are now the country's President and Vice President-elect. The Marcos-Araneta family just enjoyed a private dinner throughout which they reminisced on the tumultuous months of campaign and breathed a sigh of relief.

At about this moment, they are simply waiting for Bong to be inaugurated as the country's 17th President.

flashback

Liza made dinner for their family as well as to celebrate their electoral triumph. They were merely conversing colloquially as a family.

Mama Meldy: Congratulations, my Bongbong. *kissing Bong's cheek* May you lead the country and its citizens like what your father did fifty-seven years ago.
Bong: Mom, I appreciate everything you do. I'm the luckiest candidate to be elected, thanks to your assistance, First Lady; We can't thank you enough, mommy.

Imee: Congratulations, Ading! *rolled her eyes* Wag maging masyadong mabait ha...

In response to what Imee said and whatever she was meant to say, Bong and Irene laughed at her. We have all been cognizant that Imee, the eldest sibling, has a strong personality among her siblings.

Mama Meldy: *quips* I now have two presidents in my life! *beaming*

Bong kisses and hugs his mom after she says that and continues talking stuff with his family. While the third generation of Marcoses spoke on the side, on their own

Yara: Congratulations Kuya Sand and Kuya Matmat
Sandro: Thanks Yarrie! *hugging his cousin*

Matthew: Thank you, Maria Clara, let's head back to Ilocos na!*laughing*
Luis: Well, we are planning that, Mat! Let's bond in Ilocos...

Borgy: Just like the old days, man... *reminiscing*
Alfonso: Hey, whose idea were those quoted shirts last election day? *laughing* It is absolutely hilarious.

Mike: I apparently assumed that you guys were also wearing it, but aside from Tito Bong's family, only I was wearing it, dude.
Simon: It was Vinny! And have Yara designed it... *grinning*

Vinny: It's cute, right? *cracking up*
Yara: It is! I was laughing so hard...when mom showed it to me... *giggled*

They shared their preferences in the context of this victory and expressed their appreciation for their Uncle's success. Also, they will surely then have heightened security in the coming days, especially for the Marcos siblings.

When Imelda's children addressed the forthcoming Senate reconvening in a Joint Public Session, declaring Bong and Sara as the duly-elected President and Vice President of the Philippines during the May 9, 2022, national elections.

Bong: On the 25th, we should all be there.
Imee: Yes, I'll be there. So, we'll likely run into each other in the plenary that day

Liza: How about you, mama? Would you like to go with us?
Mama Meldy: Who will be there? Irene? Will you go?

Irene: *thinking* Yeah, sure, mommy. I can accompany mommy, Bonget.
Imee: You guys, should go together...

Bong: That's nice. *looking at his mom* You look truly happy, mom.
Mama Meldy: Bong, I couldn't be happier for you.

They gave their mommy a hug and afterward remembered the time they had spent with their late father. They are all enthusiastic for their brother to be inaugurated as the new President and promise to be there to support him throughout.

In addition to their family, the nation and their supporters are also delighted that Bong won and have high hopes for a better Philippines.

fast forward

Before the approaching Senate proclamation; Irene invited her friends over for lunch, there wasn't a lot of prep entailed, yet everyone came together to catch up.

The Titas of Manila will be arriving, and everyone had been so busy getting ready that when Yara walked down after her P.E. class and had been asking every...

Yara: Ate Jac, what's going on? Why you guys are so occupied?
Jac: Ay, pupunta daw mga amiga ng mommy mo...

Yara: What? Hold on, now? *wondering*
Jac: Yes, daw po.*whispered* picturan mo naman ako kay Ma'am Small mamaya *laughing*

Yara: *smiled* So you're a fan, Ate Jac? *laughing* But, sure! Where's mom?

When Yara spotted Irene setting the table for her friends' lunch, she went over to her mom and they made small talk for a bit about their lunch get-together.

Yara: Who's coming, mommy?
Irene: Well, your ninangs and titas...

Yara: Like who, mom?
Irene: Your Ninang Alice, Small, Dawn, Michelle, Ana, Mia, Kaye, Cristina, KD, Audrey, and Rachel

Yara: Oh wow! Enjoy later mom, will just be upstairs...
Irene: Will surely do, little girl. Join us quickly later, okay?

Yara: Sure, mom. I'll leave you guys right away though, so you may talk about anything you want.
Irene: I will make salad, your favorite... *winked*

Yara: Oh wow! Am so happy! We should set aside for daddy as well.
Irene: *smiled* Dad already ate, darling...You should get a shower now babe... *kiss and hug her Yara*

When Irene continued preparing food for her friends, who would be arriving any moment, Yara went straight to her room to take a shower.

After a little while, Yara showed up after her mom Irene phoned her, the Titas of Manila also arrived, so they began to eat, and the salad Irene created for them was really something special.

Yara was surprised when a visitor showed up and it was...

Yara: Aton? Oh my gosh... *runs and hugs her*
Allison: Happy to see you, Victoria! *beso*

Yara: Come, join us! I have so much chikas to share...
Allison: Actually, me too! *chuckles*

They joined their Titas in eating lunch and smiled and giggled while focusing on their own chikas. Yara and Allison quickly left them so they could make kwentuhan, the two were in Yara's room talking about whatever they felt like at the time...

Allison: Does Tita Irene have fans already? I just heard...
Yara: Indeed, she does—I just learned about it through Tiktok.

Allison: My mom too...like they have so many names calling her...
Yara: Actually, mine too, Ton! Such as mammi, mimi, etc...

Allison: Oh yeah! We are now the same, Yar...people start taking photos with you when you go out?
Yara: Not at all, as I don't go out regularly and security is everywhere.

Allison: Well, I just hope they respect our personal space...
Yara: I hope so too, but it's difficult to avoid the attention given how well-known our parents are right now.

Their conversation with each other was brought to a halt when their mothers called them, they were in the middle of taking pictures.

Small: Come, you two. We won't post a picture with you two in it.
Alice: Come, Irene...it will only seen in our group chat *smiles*

Irene agreed to take a picture, Audrey left after lunch first because she still had other erands, and Irene said at the same time...

Irene: Face here ladies... I'll take your photos so you can share them on your social media.
Michelle: Are you sure, Ninang?

Irene: Yah...besides it's not obvious, where exactly you girls are...*laughed*

It took them six hours to finish their lunch gathering because they were having so much fun, and they're still feeling so bitin! In extra, Irene provided one of her tastiest salads for everyone to take home.

As everyone had finished taking pictures and was getting ready to go, Small and Cristina chose to vlog separately from their friends because they respected each other so much and knew how private they are.

Alice: Thank you Irene, for the sumptuous food...*beso* We truly had a lot of fun...Are you sure you won't come at home? Nikki will be there...
Irene: I appreciate you coming over, Alice, but I'm sure I can't. I'll be heading to Bulacan with Monique and Cris

Alice: Well, I see. Irene, be safe. I'll wait for Small to finish her vlog...*smiling*
Irene: *looking at them* Yeah, she mentioned that she will be vlogging her whole ganap for the week...

Alice: Thanks for allowing her do her thing in your house...
Irene: Of course, definitely...they won't know...

They bid goodbye to one another after shooting the very brief snippet for her vlog as their other friends headed to Alice's house, which was nearby from Irene's house when...

Yara: Ninang Small, Tita Kring, can Ate Jac have a photo with you two? She's really making kulit me since earlier *giggling*
Small: Sure my inaanak...here na lang, so this wood is the background...

Irene: Go now, Jac...*nodding*
Yara: *snapped* There you go, thank you ninang and tita! *hugs*

Irene and Yara escorted their guests outside to say goodbye when they had finished taking selfies, and then they packed the things they would bring the next day to Bulacan.

fast forward

They have returned from Bulacan, and they are going to Katutubo to support and buy clothes and stuff for themselves. They also invited Xandra to come because she was close to the area and the mag-ina wanted to see it too.

When Irene and Yara arrived, Pepito, Mons, Berna, and Ben were already there, and they simply went around greeting their acquaintances.

Ben: Hi gorgeous girl, haven't seen you for quite some time...*beso*
Yara: Hello Uncle Ben! Glad we get to see you today...

Ben: Indeed, I have seen that you and your mom always come here every month; how kind of you. I appreciate your continued support of our local businesses. You can choose whatever you want and thats on me...
Yara: No need, Uncle Ben! Thats so dyahe, its fine...thank you so much!

Ben: You never changed, you're still the little girl who's super dyahe when being offered, but the next time we see each other, just let me alright? Don't say no when I offer to send some items to your home instead...
Yara: *pondering* Call! *smiles* Thank you Uncle Ben!

When Irene was at Pepito's booth trying on some clothing, Yara toured the booths looking for pearl jewelry. After waiting for the receipts, she walked to another booth to check for garments, accompanied by Xandra.

Xandra: Hey, sweetheart, what's wrong? Why aren't you talking to mom?
Yara: Well, she lost the hanky that dad gave me....she didn't even say sorry to me, Ach.

Xandra: Maybe, she's looking for it, Shob. Is she aware that you are making tampo?
Yara: I don't know. I told mom already when I handed it to her that I value that hanky the most...

Xandra: If she apologize, will you not avoid her and talk to her na?
Yara: Maybe. But, she doesn't felt sorry about what she does, and when I ask her about it, she remains silent.

Xandra: You want me to tell mom?
Yara: No, just let her be...let's try this top if its nice instead, Ach...

When they had finished selecting their favorite outfits, Yara paid for everything and took the items she wanted without waiting for Irene. Before saying goodbye, she told Xandra she'd be headed back home first with her yaya and bodyguards, and this let Xandra confirm that her little sister was upset.

Irene agreed to be recorded when Xandra approached her as she was selecting a piece from Bitangcol because many people had been requesting videos of Irene from Joan.

Joan: "Dameng request for video Irene...thank you for allowing this"
Irene: Sure dearest Joan *smiled*

Irene was informed by Xandra that Yara had left straight home after Joan had finished recording.

Irene: Why didn't she make paalam to me?
Xandra: She's making tampo because you lost her hanky and you didn't even say sorry.

Irene: *sigh* I misplaced it, how will I know if she is not talking to me...that's why she's acting up earlier
Xandra: You so know how your unica hija could be so uncomfortable with strangers trailing you guys, and mom, you so know that it's not the hanky she was upset about...

flashback to earlier

Other people were following Irene as she made her clothing purchase, possibly because they were waiting for the right moment to ask and take a photo of her.

Yara informed her about it, but Irene dismissed her.

Yara: I find it very uncomfortable and strange that you are so at ease with people staring at and following you mom.
Irene: Just let them be sweetheart, besides we are safe here...

Yara: Well, I don't like it mama *rolled eye*

Yara left Irene, she went shopping for her clothes alone instead and Irene was waiting for the receipt at Pepito's booth after she tried it, some people took pictures of her and she allowed it and...

Irene: *posed* "Thank you!"

Pepito gave her good friend the receipt for the two designs she had purchased—one for Yara and one for herself.

Irene: *glanced over the receipt* "Ang mahal ha" *giggled*

As she moves to the next booth, looking for some terno, as talkative as she is she talks to a customer whose looking for the terno as well....

Irene: "Don't wash it for a long time, the threads will curl" *smiled and looked at the lady*

Irene continued to shop while conversing with her friends at various booths and frequently checked in with Yara to see how she was doing.

"Kuya napaka daldal pala ni Ms. Irene at ang likot!"
Security: "Ganyan po talaga yan si Ma'am"

"Eh yung anak parang ilang sa mga tao"
Security: "Ah si Ma'am Yara po ba, ganun po talaga yun, may trauma po sa mga nag aaligid-aligid na tao sa paligid, may nangyari po kasi sa kanya, pero sobrang simple at ang bait niya"

"Kaya pala parang natakot, kasalanan ko din naman, sunod ng sunod din kasi ako kanina, salamat sa pagpayag maka pag picture kay Ms. Irene, kuya ha"
Security: "Basta safe lang po yan sila, walang problema"

~ ~

They took a picture with their friends at Katutubo whilst also they awaited for their vehicle to come back while Irene spoke to Xandra and awaiting for their transactions to be completed.

While Irene is in the car, Greggy suddenly called her that he and Yara had gone out, it subsequently turned out that Yara had phoned her dad and went to him after leaving Katutubo. That's when Irene sense how upset her daughter was, she realized right once that she had done something serious.

~to be continued~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 670 12
When Greggy had an accident, Saoirse Maryella Vivianne Louise Araneta is forced to stay with her mother, Irene, who she hasn't seen in years. The ten...
11.9K 438 22
A sequel to They don't know about us. Now that Irene is married to Greggy Araneta, what happens to her first born daughter Leandra from her previous...
283K 10.4K 108
There lived a mother named Irene whose heart bore a deep and unending ache as many years ago, a devastating storm had swept through their lives as sh...
91.3K 2.4K 45
Maria Victoria Irene, the last born of the Romualdez-Marcos family, is peacefully living her life being the "quiet one". Until one day, Gregorio Mari...