Avatar: Pandora's child

By Captain_scorpio19

Little kid with dead parents, being adopted and raised by soldiers on Pandora. Teen that trying to find place... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13 learning Na'vi
Part 14
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23

Part 15

592 19 1
By Captain_scorpio19

           Vita woke up next day. She was weak and her memory were blurry.

           Lyle walked into her room to check on her. Happiness entered his face as he saw that she's awake.

-"How are you feeling love?" - he asked and sat down next to her.

          She looked at him with tired eyes.

-"Weak. My energy compliantly left my body." - she replied with little smile.

          He laughed softly and took strand of hair from her face. He helped her to sat down to drink some water.

-"Greace will come here to check you up. She was really worried about you."

-"I'm so sorry for that. I should told someone where I'm going." - she got some tears in her eyes.

-"It's alright little one, no one is angry at you." - he hugged her to make her feel better.

-"Can you tell me what happened?"

-"I ... I don't really remember much. Just some pictures."

-"Describe it for me." - Lyle sat closer.

-"At first were something like ... people, kids playing. Then fighting, I think. Two people talking to each other. I don't know who were they." - she started describing what she remember.

-"Where did you see that?" - he asked as he couldn't understand.

-"I went to Tree of Souls, I saw visions as I connected to it... I think I asked about my parents ... and future..."

          More information started showing in her head.

-"I saw woman, human woman giving birth in the forest, next to ... dead body, of Na'vi. Then someones' voice... Then war, lots of battles and dead creatures. And voice telling me something, I can't remember. I'm scared." - she said and hugged him tighter.

-"It'll be alright, I'm with you."

          They were sitting still till Greace came in. She stopped for a moment when saw them.

-"What happened? Vity you're alright?" - she sat down next to them.

          Vita just nodded at her. Her face was red from crying.

-"She got harsh day. She went to this Tree again." - he said quiet.

          Greace knew what that meant. Mo'at told her about everything what happened couple years ago. Vita can't connect to it, Eywa herself warned them.

-"Vity, you know you can't do this. It's dangerous for you. What if something worst would happened?"

          Lyle covered her ears. He looked at Greace with annoyed face.

-"Stop screaming at her and just check if she's alright. She's just ten, it's our duty to keep her safe. Also if you know it's dangerous for her why didn't you tell anyone?" - he asked her with anger and reproaches in his voice

          She didn't said anything and started to checking her.

          After she ended she left them alone.

-"Go to sleep, it's good for you. You need to recover." - Lyle covered her and went outside.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

          She slept over whole day and night only waking up for food or going to toilet.

          In the morning she woke up and went to toilet. After dressing up she went to cafeteria on breakfast.

-"Good morning love. How you feeling?" - Quaritch asked.

-"I'm good. Just hungry." - she replied and went to get something.

          They sat down next to each other. After breakfast she went with him to his office.

-"I heard from Lyle that you were thinking about your parents lately." - he started.

-"Well, I don't know anything about them."

-"You know that your mother left notebook, right?" - she nodded.

-"I think that you're big enough and understand more... so if you want I can give it to you."

         She looked at him. She got really exited about it.

-"Of course I want."

           He gave her middle size red notebook. Plain cover were kinda old and scratched. On first page were written informations about her. Name, date of birth. Mostly everything.

-"Why she didn't wanted to be known? What could be the reason?" - she asked him.

-"I don't know. Maybe she was just scared. If she was soldier, that would be dangerous for her carrier. I more wonder how was she able to hide it. After we found you we asked everyone, if they knew something about your mother."

-"You read all of that?"

-"Couple of times. And I wasn't the only one. There's some pages where it's written in different language. We figured out that this could be Na'vi so we gave it to dr Augustine. She even gave it to village for them to check it... but they said that's 'long lost' language, no one know it." - he explained it.

          Vita looked back to it. She started reading it slowly. Infos written in English were short and mostly about health and other such things. She were looking for something more emotional, what her mother could said about herself.

          Hour past, nothing interesting could be found. Except those things in this strange language. It looked really similar to Na'vi but more complicated.

-"If this language is 'long lost' why it's written here. How could she knew it?" - she started talking to herself.

          She got tired after some time. She left it on the desk and went outside.

          Everyone got things to do so she needed to spend this time on her own. After this accident she couldn't train or overworking herself. Taro were by her side this whole time.

----

          After long time of boringness she decided to go on the roof of the main base. She liked to sit there.

          When sun went down Quaritch came to see what she's doing.

-"You were sitting there all day, aren't you?." - he asked and sat down next to her.

-"I didn't had any other things to do."

          They stayed in quiet for longer moment. Stars started appearing on dark sky.

-"When I arrived on Pandora, that was the first time I saw stars by my eyes. Earths' sky always were dirty and full of mostly toxic gases."

          She looked at him for a moment. She never really thought about it. Lots of soldiers told her about Earth when she was younger but it was only story about things that are long way from there, something compliantly different.

          Now, when she start to understand more, it's more significant.

-"You have family on Earth?"- she asked.

-"Well, had. I'm sure they're dead, it was long time ago."

-"Can you tell me more about it?"

-"So, I had parents, grandparents, I didn't had siblings but I've got a dog so it was practically the same. I've never started a family by myself. I dedicated my life to army." - he said shortly and looked back at her.

-"You ever had any partners?"

-"Hmm, well I got girlfriend in ... maybe middle school. But she was kinda toxic so we didn't last too long. "

          They both laughed for a moment. Vita looked in the starry sky. 

-"Would you like to have kids?" 

-"Well I have you, it's the same."

-"But like, your own." 

-"Not really. Also I think I'm too old for that."

-"If you think so. But if you decided to have some, I'm sure Paz will be willing to help." - she said with sly smile.

-"Why do you think so?" 

-"Don't tell me you didn't saw how she's looking at you all the time. Today she almost ended up under bulldozer. This girl crazy."

          Quaritch looked at her with surprised face. He didn't knew what to say. They just sat in quiet for longer moment.

-"How did you found me?" - she asked after some time.

          He looked at her and singed.

-"Where should I start."

-"The best option is from the beginning." - she laughed slightly.

-"Right. So, after one of the actions where we loose some soldiers they were taking stuffs from their rooms. In one of the rooms they found little kid in box wrapped in blanket. The box were hidden in wardrobe behind other stuffs." - he stopped for a second.

 -"Whose wardrobe was that?"

-"It was shared room and everyone from there were using it. We really didn't and still don't know who she was."

           She nodded and came back to listening.

-"As it was SecOp soldiers, they called me and dr. Augustine to see it. I didn't know what to do with this but I went there to see if they're telling truth. '

[flashback]

{10 years before, soldiers rooms}

-"Is it another sick joke you made?" - Quaritch said while stepping into the room. 

-"Unfortunately not sir. We found this in the back of the wardrobe." - soldier replied and went out off his way. 

          He walked closer to the box and knelt down in front of it. To his eyes appeared little kid that were holding a little plush toy. 

          Kid looked at him and throw it into his face. He picked it up and looked back at laughing baby. He shocked his head and smiled slightly. 

          When he wanted to stand up he saw notebook. He picked it and looked inside.

-"I came as fast as I could. What happened?" - Greace quickly walked inside. 

          She walked closer and stopped when she saw baby.

-"Oh my god. Whose baby is it?" - she asked.

-"I'm trying to figure it out. But I don't think we'll know it too fast." - Quaritch said and showed her this notebook with strange language on one of the pages.

           She looked at this for a second and picked up baby from box. 

-"We need to check if she's ok. We don't know how long she was there." - she said quickly and walked out of there. Quaritch walked after her.

--

          After half of hour Greace gave her to Quaritch.

-"She looks healthy but now she need some food. I need to do some things so you'll feed her." - she said and gave him a little smile while handing him the bottle.

-"Why me?"

-"Because why not. And you're the one she likes, look how she's looking at you. When I was checking her she was trying her best to see you." - she said and went to other room.

           He roled his eyes and looked at kid he was holding. She was playing with collar of his jacked and looking at him from time to time. He looked with smile and gave her bottle with milk.

          She started to eat pretty quick. Quaritch were looking at her this whole time. 

[back to nowadays]

-"So that's, lets say how it went. I still remember the feeling of holding you." - he smiled while looking into the sky.

          Vita smiled and looked down. She really liked when he show emotions, it was heartwarming.

-"It's late you should go to sleep." - he said and stood up.

          She looked at him and took his hand to stand up. They went inside together.

                                                    ************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557K 20.2K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ’œ my first fanfic...
131K 2.6K 43
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1M 34.7K 62
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
159K 7.3K 28
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...