𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 | r. be...

By mayasbitxh

in which a betrayal brings the popular cheerio and the annoying jewish girl closer than they ever imagined [... More

cast
Pilot
Showmance
Acafellas
Preggers
The Rhodes Not Taken
Vitamin D
Throwdown
Mash Up
Wheels
Ballad
Mattresses
Sectionals
Hell-O
The Power Of Madonna
Bad Reputation
Theatricality
Funk
Journey To Regionals
season two cast
Audition
Britney/Brittany
Grilled Cheesus
Duets
Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
A Very Glee Christmas
season two cast (2)
Welcome To Hell
Homesick
Comeback
Blame It On The Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
Born This Way
Rumors
Prom Queen
New York
Season Two Epilogue: Begin Again
season three cast
The Purple Piano Project
I Am Unicorn
Asian F
Pot O' Gold
The First Time
Mash Off
Unruly Heart
Michael
Heart
On My Way
Big Brother
Dance With Somebody
Choke
Prom-Asaurus
a/n - goodbye for now

Hold On To Sixteen

563 29 25
By mayasbitxh

"Sectionals is in our auditorium for the first time since the 1960s," Autumn said as she paced the length of the choir room. She frowned, her brows pulling together. "Damn, this school is old. No wonder it's so trashy."

"Isn't there any way that you could talk Naomi into coming back to the New Directions?" Artie asked. "And where's Finn?"

"That bastard got kicked out for being a dick to my friends," Autumn grumbled. "And Naomi's in the Troubletones now. As well as Quinn, Juni, Brittany, Santana, Ava...Fuck, we're screwed."

"Too much talking, not enough looking for songs for sectionals," Mr. Schue said as he flipped through sheet music. "We need to do something upbeat."

"Don't you think we maybe need to focus on the lack of performers instead?" Rachel asked.

"Rae's right," Autumn nodded. "We don't have enough members to compete, and right now, that's more important than making our set-list."

"At least the Cheerios can dance," Artie mumbled as he opened a bag of chips. He held the bag out to Autumn, who took a small handful. "We need star power."

"We need Sam Evans," Rachel declared.

"Sam?" Autumn frowned.

"Sam transferred," Mr. Schue said. "His whole family moved. We don't even know where he is."

"He's in Kentucky," Rachel said. "It's just across the border from Cincinnati."

"Rachel, I thought you said you were done stalking people?" Autumn sighed.

"It's not stalking. Even homeless people have Facebook," Rachel shrugged. "What do you say, Auts? You up for a road trip?"

****

Stevie frowned, exchanging a look with Naomi as Autumn made a bee-line for the front door with a backpack.

"Where are you going?" Stevie asked.

Autumn froze in her tracks, sighing as she turned to face her siblings. "I have to go out for a little while, but I'll be back later tonight," she said. "Naomi, you're in charge."

"Yes!" Naomi gasped, smirking as she turned to Stevie. "I order you to–"

"Wait a minute," Shiloah said as he walked up with Simon. "You're leaving us, The Terror Trio, alone with her?"

"Yeah, that's why I told Naomi she's in charge," Autumn hummed, nodding.

"No way," Simon scoffed. "We wanna come, too."

"No, Mom would kill me."

"She'll kill you when she finds out you left us alone for an entire day," Stevie scoffed, crossing his arms.

"And who's gonna tell her?" Autumn asked. She raised a brow as Naomi and the triplets exchanged a knowing look with each other. She sighed, rolling her eyes. "Anybody have to go to the bathroom?"

"Nope!" Naomi chirped as she followed the three redheads out the front door.

"Don't tell anyone, Bear-Bear," Autumn said as she eyed Naomi's teddy bear, which was watching her with judgy, beady eyes as she left the house. She locked the front door, groaning as she heard muffled shouting coming from the backseat of her car.

"Uh, Autumn...?" Rachel frowned, nodding to the four younger kids.

"I'm being blackmailed," Autumn mumbled as she buckled her seat belt. She turned around to her younger siblings, green eyes narrowing dangerously. They instantly stopped fighting. "You three," she said, motioning between her brothers. "Behave. If you're good, I'll get you McDonald's on the way back. Understand?"

"Yes," the triplets nodded.

"So, where are we going, exactly?" Naomi asked as Autumn started the car and pulled out of the driveway.

"We're taking a little field trip."

****

Country rock music hit their ears as the group of six walked into the place where Sam Evans worked. Autumn frowned as she looked around, her brows pulling together.

"This can't be the right place," she shook her head. "Sam works in a bar?"

"Well, there just aren't a lot of theatre's in northern Kentucky, so theatre groups just have to perform in whatever space they can find," Rachel said.

"There's a lot of girls here," Stevie smiled.

"Yeah, older girls," Autumn scoffed, elbowing the youngest triplet. "They're too old for you."

"Yeah, Stevie," Simon teased. "They're too old for you."

"Shut up," Stevie said, pushing his brother away from him.

"You shut up," Simon scoffed, pushing him back harder.

"Both of you, knock it off!" Autumn quietly scolded as she pulled the two off of each other.

"Good afternoon, ladies," a man's voice came through the speakers. "Are you ready to meet the men of Stallionz? Then please welcome to the stage, Cobra!"

"Oh, fuuuuuuu–" Autumn placed a hand over Naomi's eyes. "Guys, cover the eyes of the person next to you."

Naomi covered Stevie's eyes, Stevie covered Simon's, and Simon covered Shiloah's.

"What's going on?" Shiloah asked.

"Auttie said not to look," Simon whispered.

"Fuck, Mom's gonna kill me," Autumn muttered.

"Someone get the door, cause here comes Mr. Package."

"Oh, God, no." Rachel's eyes widened in horror.

"And ladies, let's give a warm welcome to White Chocolate!"

"Sam?!" Autumn gasped.

Music blasted, and the three boys on stage ripped their clothes off. Stevie pulled Naomi's hand down a little to see what was happening, but quickly covered his eyes again.

"I'm never gonna get that image out of my mind," he whined. "I'm telling Mom."

"Don't you dare," Autumn whispered. "I didn't know, okay?"

"Give me a dollar," Rachel said, nudging her girlfriend.

"What?" Autumn frowned.

"Just give me a dollar."

Autumn took a dollar out of her jacket pocket and handed it to Rachel, who went up to the stage.

"You owe me trauma nuggies," Stevie demanded, glaring up at his older sister.

"I saw a McDonald's down the street," Autumn sighed, shaking her head as she led her siblings out of the strip club.

****

Back at McKinley, the remaining New Directions sat around in a circle on the risers as they discussed the upcoming sectionals competition.

"Are we sure yet which band members are joining us?" Artie asked.

"Well, it looks like Floppy Hair Base Dude, Chapped Lips McGee, and Johnny Tromboner," Puck said.

"God, we're screwed," Tina sighed, shaking her head.

"Hey, great news, everybody!" Mr. Schue announced as he walked into the choir room with Rachel and Autumn. "Sectionals is going to be a challenge, but we have a–"

"Mr. Schue," Kurt interrupted. "We all appreciate your endless supply of affirmations, but all the sparkling cider in the world can't deny the fact the Titanic has hit the iceberg, and now we're on a sinking ship."

"Not if I can help it," Sam said as he walked into the choir room, a huge smile on his face. Everyone gasped and jumped up to hug their friend. "I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Autumn and Rachel. I sort of lost my way...but true friends help you find your way back."

"It's great to have you back, Sam," Autumn smiled as she hugged the blonde boy.

"Great to be back," Sam grinned. "Alright, enough of the sentimental stuff. It's time y'all get a little country back in this joint."

Sam grabbed his guitar and started to sing about a red solo cup. Autumn didn't know what in heterosexual hell was happening, but she sang and danced along anyway.

Everyone cheered as the song ended. Santana walked into the choir room with Naomi, who went over to hug her sister.

"Were you guys singing about a cup?" Naomi asked, giggling.

"Yeah," Autumn chuckled, keeping one arm around the younger girl's shoulders when they pulled out of the hug.

"Little Nomi just told me the news that Trouty Mouth was back in town," Santana smiled. "I've been keeping a notebook, just in case this day ever came." She cleared her throat as she looked at the small notebook in her hand. "Welcome back, Lisa Rinna. I've missed you so much since your family packed their bags, loaded them in your mouth, and skipped town. Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to enjoy a crisp pickle, but couldn't find anyone to suck the lid off the jar. I assume you've been working as a baby polisher, where young mothers place their infants' heads in your mouth to get back that newborn shine. So glad you're back. I haven't seen a smile that big since the claymation Abominable Snowman got his teeth pulled by that little gay elf dentist. Love, Santana."

Naomi placed a hand over her mouth to hide her amused smile, and Autumn bit her tongue to keep from laughing.

"I missed you too, Santana," Sam smiled as he hugged the Latina.

****

Autumn's eyes narrowed, shooting daggers into the back of Finn's head as the New Directions warmed up for sectionals. Mr. Schue had invited him back to the club since it wasn't Autumn's place to decide who could or couldn't be a part of it.

"Quit scowling," Kurt whispered, gently nudging Autumn with his elbow. "You'll get wrinkles."

"I can't believe he let him back into the club after what he did," Autumn grumbled as she did her make-up. "Bastard had no right to out Santana like that."

"He apologized," Puck shrugged.

"Yeah, by singing an offensive acoustic version of Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," Autumn scoffed. "If JBI sang that song to me as an 'apology' after he outed me sophomore year, I would've thrown myself off the roof. He has no idea what it means to like someone of the same gender, and if he had been in Santana's place, he would've been offended, too. I have every right to be pissed at him for hurting my friends."

"Let's take a few moments to gather our thoughts," Mr. Schue said. "Troubletones are on in five."

"My thoughts are gathered," Autumn grumbled as she put her make-up away in her bag.

"Let it go, Auts," Rachel whispered as she placed her hands on her girlfriend's shoulders, massaging gently. She leaned down and kissed her check. "You can't hold on to grudges your whole life. You should enjoy your senior year, okay?"

"Okay," Autumn grumbled, sighing as her tense body relaxed. She stood up from her chair, and Rachel took her hand as they went over to join the rest of their team.

"Hey, guys," Bailey greeted as she walked into the choir room with the Troubletones.

"You girls look so good," Autumn smiled.

"I know I do," Sugar shrugged, smiling when Naomi laughed.

"Twenty bucks those two kiss before the end of the night," Juniper whispered to Ava.

"Twenty bucks you're wrong," the younger girl challenged. "It'll probably happen sometime next week."

"We just came to say, may the best glee club win," Bailey said.

"Yes, and just in case that glee club is us, I have convinced Miss Bailey to consider a contingency plan," Santana stated.

"Yes, in the event of a New Directions loss, the Troubletones have voted to allow any of you to join us at regionals," Bailey explained.

"You're welcome," Sugar smiled.

"Excuse me?" Mr. Schue frowned.

"That's incredibly rude, Santana," Finn said.

"You shut your mouth," Autumn snapped, sending the quarterback a glare.

"We're being nice," Santana scoffed. "It would be rude if I followed you around, and every time you took a step, I played a note on a tuba."

"I'll help," Naomi smiled.

"Thank you for the offer, Miss Bailey, but right now, we're gonna concentrate on winning this thing," Mr. Schue said.

"Break a leg, everybody," Bailey said with a forced smile. Mr. Schue's cockyness was beginning to get on her nerves. "See you on the ice."

****

Naomi came out of the bathroom stall in a baggy sweatshirt and leggings. The Troubletones had lost to the New Directions, and she bet it had something to do with the shitty set-list that Finn had put together after taking Autumn's place as co-captain.

She pulled her hair into a high ponytail, rolling her eyes as she recalled the smug look on Finn's face when the New Directions were announced as the winners.

The door to the bathroom opened, and she smiled a little when she saw Sugar's reflection in the mirror. She was still in her competition dress, and her hair was messy from the dancing.

"Hi," Naomi said as she turned around to face her. She leaned back against the sink, her fingers playing with the bracelet on her wrist.

"Hey," Sugar smiled. "That was such a shit show."

"Honestly," Naomi agreed, chuckling. "They sucked ass. I blame Finn. He has a terrible taste in music. Autumn's original set-list was way better."

"So, what happens now?" Sugar asked as she slowly walked closer to the smaller girl.

"Autumn's probably gonna–"

"No, I meant about us."

"Us?" Naomi frowned.

Sugar swiped a fly-away out of Naomi's face, her hand gently cupping her cheek. She rubbed the soft skin with the pad of her thumb, smiling softly when Naomi leaned into her touch, emerald eyes looking up to meet her mocha ones.

"Us," Sugar whispered, slowly leaning in to connect their lips.

Out in the hallway, a defeated Ava handed Juniper the twenty dollars with an eye roll.

"See?" Juniper smirked proudly. "I'm never wrong."

"Fuck you," Ava scoffed, rolling her eyes again as she walked away.

****

"We were better," Mercedes scoffed as the Troubletones got ready in the bathroom the following Monday.

"I don't know, I think it could've gone either way," Brittany shrugged.

"If we get any more people in here, it's gonna be a fucking New York subway," Ava grumbled as she looked around the crowded bathroom.

"Aw, are you still pissy that you lost the bet?" Juniper teased.

"Ava's just mad because she misses her favorite person," Maya said. She frowned, her brows pulling together. "Actually, now that I think about it...she's always in a bad mood. She got that from Adalynn."

"What bet?" Naomi asked, looking up from where she sat on the floor with Sugar, who was braiding her hair.

"Oh, nothing," Juniper chuckled, holding up her hands in mock surrender when Quinn raised a brow at her.

"It was that damn Trouty Mouth," Santana scoffed. "Even I felt something in my lady loins when he did that magic sex dance."

"Gross," Maya frowned, scrunching her nose as she exchanged a look with Ava.

"Alright, ladies," Autumn said as she walked into the bathroom. "Girl talk."

"Seriously, this bathroom cannot fit more people," Ava stated.

"No," Santana shook her head. "Don't you dare try and give us a pep talk."

"Or ask us to come back to the New Directions," Mercedes added. "We're not interested."

"Is it even possible?" Brittany asked. "You think they would really take us back?"

"Of course they would take us back," Quinn nodded.

"Fuck that, I'm not going," Juniper scoffed, crossing her arms.

"Do you know what growing up is about?" Autumn asked as she looked at the seniors. "Losing things. In six months, we'll all be gone. Scattered."

"We'll keep in touch," Mercedes shrugged.

"Yeah, but it won't be the same," Autumn shook her head. "When we see each other, it'll be a special occasion. It'll be different...I don't wanna grow up yet. I'm not ready to lose you girls."

"What are we supposed to do?" Quinn asked, sighing. "Come back to Glee Club and sing back-up for Rachel until we graduate?"

"I'm not doing that again," Mercedes said. "We know what it feels like to be out front now."

"What if Mr. Schue agreed to let the Troubletones sing at least one number per competition?" Autumn asked.

"Well, even if Mr. Schue did agree to that, Rachel never would," Santana shook her head.

"What if I told you that they both already did?"

The Troubletones all exchanged looks with one another.

"I'm listening," Mercedes said, folding her arms across her chest.

"I know things have been a little crazy around here lately," Autumn said, chuckling a little. "But things are slowly going back to normal. We're 17. We have the rest of our lives ahead of us. I love Glee Club. I love you girls. And when we're 27, or 87, I want us to be able to look back on these next couple months and talk about how they were the best times of our lives. We can't do that if we're not all together."

"Damn it, Auttie," Quinn chuckled sadly as she wiped away a tear. "I didn't want to cry today."

"Don't cry, Quinnie," Juniper cooed as she hugged her girlfriend.

"And, you five," Autumn said as she turned to the underclassmen.

"Hi!" Maya smiled as she waved at the older girl.

"Hi, sweetie," Autumn chuckled. "You girls need to hold on tight to one another, okay? Cause it's gonna be up to you to help lead this club next year when the rest of us graduate.

"You hear that, fuckers?" Juniper smirked as she turned to the twins, Sugar, and Naomi. "I'm in charge of you."

"Juni," Autumn warned, raising a brow. "You all need to work together, okay? It's your job to set an example for the others as a senior."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Juniper mumbled.

"We're doing a number in the auditorium to get ready for regionals," Autumn said as she looked over her friends with a small smile. "You're more than welcome to come and join us."

****

****

Rachel knocked softly on the door to Autumn's room, quickly peeking inside the box in her hands to make sure the friend she brought was okay.

"Shh," she hushed quietly, closing the box flaps before turning the knob and walking in.

"Hey," Autumn smiled. She closed her laptop lid and sat up. "What's with the box?"

"I have something– someone for you," Rachel said, smiling as put the box down on the bed next Autumn, who raised a brow. "Don't worry, it's nothing bad."

Autumn set her laptop on her bedside table. She stood up on her knees, slowly lifting up the flaps of the box, her emerald eyes lighting up with excitement, and a gasp falling from her lips.

"Oh, my God," she breathed, tears filling her eyes as she picked up the golden retriever puppy. "Rae, are you serious? Is he mine?"

"Yes," Rachel nodded. "I already talked to your parents, and they said it was okay."

"Hi, angel," Autumn chuckled as the puppy licked her face, his tail wagging with excitement.

"Check his collar."

Autumn looked at the silver pet I.D. tag on the puppy's collar, which read SIMBA.

"Oh, my God," she cooed, hugging Simba close to her, happy tears streaming down her face. She looked up at Rachel and smiled. "Thank you so much, Rae. You're seriously the best girlfriend ever."

"No need to thank me, Auts," Rachel smiled as she sat down next to the cheerleader. She gently wiped a tear off her cheek and kissed her lips, laughing when she felt Simba's lick her cheek.

"He wants kisses too," Autumn chuckled. She kissed the top of his head, laughing as he attacked her face with kisses.

****

****

a/n

simba!!! 🦁

sugar and naomi!!! 🥺

thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 247 16
I guess they call it the sophomore slump Always crying always drunk Alex moves schools after issues at her last one. They just so happens to join th...
35.9K 658 43
Quinn Fabray x Male OC
16K 887 18
Quinn Fabray needs someone to confide in, and Sanique Banks just so happens to be an amazing listener. [quinn fabray x fem!oc] [s1-?]