Star Of My Eye || Kim Seokjin

By st3tl33

Jin ends up meeting a very straightforward fan at one of BTS's fan meetings, his heart falls in love but his... More

Dao Guntachai
In Her Life
[01] The Life-Changing Fanmeet
[02] Dao's New Normal
[03] From Jin's POV
[04.] It All Started With Emojis
[05.] Practicing For An Audition
[06.] Leaving Thailand, Nailing The Audition
[07.] Another Fan Meet
[09.] A Girl In A Boy Group
[10.] Jin's Birthday
[11.] Distance Apart
[12.] Happy Birthday Wishes
[13.] Jin's Surprise
[14.] Dao's Free Day
[15.] Jealousy & A Misunderstanding
[16.] Good News & Bad News
[17.] BTS Get Suspicious
[18.] Something Unexpected
[19.] Failing To Escape
[20.] The Interesting Dinner
[21.] Going To America
[22.] TXT Puppy Pile
[23.] BTS and TXT In Chicago
[24.] Yet Another BTS Fanmeet
[25.] Chicago Date
[26.] Back Home In Seoul
[27.] Interrupted Dance Practice
[28.] Dinner Catch Up
[29.] Boyfriend Meets Brother
[30.] Safe Flight Home
[31.] Award Show Attendance

[08.]The First Date

714 15 0
By st3tl33

CHAPTER EIGHT

Dao sat on the edge of her new bed hugging one of her teddies. She was currently in her shared dorm and trying to think up what outfit she wanted to wear to meet WWH Jin in. She was surprised that he agreed to go out with her but also very happy that he did.

Since Big Hit didn't have any girl groups under their name, Dao was actually being trained with one of the boy groups. TOMORROW X TOGETHER. It had five members in it and she was officially the sixth one.

It didn't make much sense.

Why would they want a girl in an all-boy group?

And honestly, Dao was going to join JYP but because of all Big Hit's promises to her as well as the quick contract they drew up, she was fairly satisfied with staying with them. Even under the unusual circumstances. Though to be fair, Dao did get on a lot better with the opposite gender than she did with her own. Maybe it was because of her personality of being too straightforward and ridiculously honest.

Lucky for her though, even though the dorm was basically just a small room where all five of them slept, Dao still managed to get her own privacy. Her bed in the corner of the room had one large curtain to it and so whether she slept or just wanted some alone time, she could seclude herself from everyone and go completely unnoticed.

Dao was about to get up and rummage through her unpacked luggage for an outfit when her phone chimed with a notification. She wondered who it could be and quickly picked it up to check.

There were four text messages from Jin.

WWH Jin

- don't forget what today is!
you forgot, didn't you?
I have a photographic memory, I can't forget!
do you remember?!

Dao smiled at the texts before quickly replying to them. Jin was being his usual impatient self, not wanting to wait for her reply but bombarding her with questions instead.

Was he nervous? She thought. How cute would that be? Dao had nerves too, but more because she was excited.

WWH Jin

- i didn't forget!! i'm almost ready...
are you nervous? 
you better not be trying to chicken out, WWH!!!

- what nonsense are you talking about?!

- only wondering...

- I'M WORLD WIDE HANDSOME, YOU KNOW!!!
i don't get nervous!
i'm only running a few minutes late...
dance practice kept me busy

- okay then
see you soon

- i'll definitely be there!

- so cute...

- who's cute?!!

- you are!

Dao shook her head with a smile as she set her phone down. She pulled her metal suitcase closer to her and tried to find the best outfit in only a few minutes. Now she really didn't want to be late for their date.

***

Jin wasn't running late because of dance practice. BTS had finished dance practice early in the morning and was now free for the rest of the day. No, he was internally panicking as he tried to decide on what to wear.

In the end, he picked out a simple silk black top and jeans. He went into the bathroom and styled his hair for almost twenty minutes before adding cologne and a faint amount of makeup to his face.

Jin had never felt like this before. He was the epitome of confidence. He was always self-assured and yet right now he wasn't sure of himself. He stared at his own reflection in the mirror while fixing his shirt's collar. He then nodded at himself.

Jin left his room ready to go on his date but Jimin stopped him.

"Hyung, where are you going? And why are you dressed like that?" Jimin asked curiously. "Is there somewhere we're supposed to be? I thought we had the rest of the day off," he said, starting to get worried.

"We do," Jin replied as he tried to maneuver himself passed the younger member.

"Then where are you going?" Jimin asked again. He held his arm out and stopped Jin from leaving. Jin was getting irritated, he didn't want to be late and his annoyed sigh was very obvious for Jimin to see. "Hyung, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," Jin said. "My older brother wants to see me. I'm not sure when I'll be back."

"What's going on?" Namjoon asked walking into the room.

Jin finally managed to push past Jimin as he hurriedly said, "Nothing. I'm going out." He closed the door behind him before anyone could say anything further.

"What was that about? Did you upset him?" Namjoon guessed.

"Of course not!" Jimin defended himself. "Hyung said his older brother wanted to see him and he's not sure when he'll be back."

"Oh," Namjoon said as he made a face.

"But Namjoon hyung, why would Jin hyung need to dress up like that just to visit his brother?" Jimin questioned.

"You know how Jin hyung's family is, Jimin-ssi. They always like looking their best and showing off in front of others," Namjoon reminded him. "I wouldn't think too much about it," he shrugged.

Jimin guessed what Namjoon said made sense and brushed away his curiosity. Instead, he followed after his leader into BTS's kitchen for lunch and maybe some ice cream too.

***

When Jin arrived at the place he told Dao to meet him, he saw her waiting for him as she looked around. Since he was a very famous idol and she was now a trainee (apparently, he still wasn't sure how that happened), they needed somewhere that neither fans nor paparazzi would find them, especially not together.

This place was perfect.

Jin actually found this place by accident one day. It was in the city but it looked like it wasn't because of how natural it was. No one ever came here because it was claimed government property and too expensive to buy and those who could afford it wouldn't really be interested in it. From the outside, it looked baron and empty but when you stepped inside the entrance gate there was a huge field of lavender flowers in the middle of nowhere. And a three-foot-high stone wall that surrounded it.

For a minute, Jin stopped walking and just stared at Dao. She was running her fingers through the lavender as she waited for him. She was beautiful, probably even more beautiful than she was the first time they met. Jin didn't think that was possible. She was wearing a simple denim dress and flats, her hair was slightly curled and fell to the middle of her back, and she had a leather jacket on.

Just seeing her at a distance like this made Jin's heart beat faster.

"Who is she, World Wide Beautiful? Why is she so pretty today?" Jin asked himself as his gaze dropped.

He was lost in his head for a few seconds and suddenly, Dao was right in front of him. She tapped him playfully on the arm and smiled brightly.

"Hey, World Wide Handsome!" She looked him over and nodded. "You are very handsome... "

"Of course," Jin chuckled at her compliment.

He held his hand up to his face and posed before winking at Dao. She got flustered and quickly looked away. This made Jin smirk in confidence, unfortunately though, it didn't last long. Dao made eye contact with him again and grabbed his hand in hers.

"This place is so beautiful! Help me walk on the wall," she said and dragged Jin with her through the field of flowers.

They stopped at the three-foot-high wall and Dao finally let go of Jin's hand so she could lean against his shoulder and climb up. It happened so fast that Jin was just trying his best to make sure that Dao kept her balance and didn't fall.

"Yah! Why are you even up there? Be careful!"

Dao smiled down at him as she kept her arms out at her sides and continued to balance. "If you're worried about me falling, why don't you give me your hand?"

Jin paused and hesitated almost like his brain had stopped working. He was buffering for a second, but when Dao pretended to lose her footing and balance, he quickly snapped out of it. Jin grabbed her arm with one hand as he slipped his other into her own. Suddenly, she was standing upright again like nothing had happened. She grinned down at him and Jin let out a breath of disbelief.

"I thought you were scared of heights," he remarked. "Aren't you acting a bit brave?"

"It's only like two or three feet high, oppa!" Dao laughed at him. "Besides, why would I be scared when you're here?"

Jin wasn't sure what it was but he malfunctioned again. He was so used to his fans calling him oppa by now but it felt different. When ARMY called him oppa it was a term of endearment. They didn't personally know him and he didn't personally know them either. He never thought much about the word before this. But hearing Dao call him 'oppa' it somehow felt completely different. It felt special.

Jin looked up at Dao and smiled, she looked down at him and smiled back. He also noted how perfectly her hand seemed to fit with his as he helped her keep balance. Her hand was slightly smaller than his but they matched together just right.

Their first date was already better than he expected it would be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 3.4K 67
This is Book three in my soulmate series. I recommend to read first "With The First Kiss" and follow it up with "Fake Love" before tackling this one...
20.3K 974 56
"My body must have gone mad There's a horn coming out of my head What do I do? I don't know how to stop it Oh, I'm the only bad thing in this world S...
120K 4.4K 27
Where Park Jimin is just a ordinary 17 yr old that goes to school and is going to graduate soon. He finds himself intrasted in his hot gym teacher. J...
1M 46.9K 44
"Oh please Jungkook, everyone knows you're just an innocent baby boy." "Well, I guess not everyone knows me then." ______________ You're a 24 year ol...