Heartstrings ➳ z.m.

Par happiIy

❝he's grey and skylar's color and they complement each other like hot rain on dry asphalt.❞ in which he has p... Plus

prologue
one - zayn
two - skylar
three - zayn
four - skylar
five - zayn
six - skylar
seven - zayn
eight - skylar
nine - zayn
ten - skylar
eleven - zayn
twelve - skylar
thirteen - zayn
fourteen - skylar
fifteen - zayn
seventeen - zayn
eighteen - skylar
nineteen - zayn
twenty - skylar
twenty-one - zayn
twenty-two - skylar
twenty-three - zayn
twenty-four - skylar
twenty-five - zayn
twenty-six - skylar
twenty-seven - zayn
twenty-eight - skylar
twenty-nine - zayn
thirty - skylar
epilogue

sixteen - skylar

13.9K 818 287
Par happiIy

Chapter Sixteen – Skylar

            Heavenly.

            Wonderful.

            Breathtaking.

            Amazing.

            Beautiful.

            Perfect.

            Kissing Zayn was everything and nothing that I had imagined, our mouths molded together. There was no room to breathe, or think, or anything, and my brain turned into a pile of mush and I couldn’t think anything other than Zayn.

            The way that his calloused hands smudged against my cheeks, and how the tip of his nose brushed against mine.  How our lashes fluttered together, how his touch gave me chills.

            How I could feel the constricting and beating of his heart under the pads of my fingers.

            How he tugged my hand from the nape of his neck to lace it with his own.

            How he kissed me with every fiber of his being; how I could feel nothing but passion as he grazed his lips down my neck.

            How he slotted his mouth against mine, how he kissed me like I was his last breath, like he was the lock and I was the key, and he was inviting me in, inviting me to explore him, to familiarize myself with his taste, his touch. With him.

            I don’t know who the first to pull back was, or how long I sat with my forehead pressed against his, his smile pressing onto the corner of my own.

            I was dizzy from him. Drunk off of his kiss, and all I could think was perfection. Because his smile was perfect and his laugh was perfect and his kiss was perfect, and he was perfect.

            And I had let him know that, just moments prior, right before I had united our lips.

            I had had a choice then. I was standing at the edge of a cliff, toeing at the line for far too long, and I needed to decide if I was going to run away, or if I was going to risk the fall.

            But the thing is, I had already fallen so long ago.

            Zayn glanced at me through his raven lashes, and he looked so innocent and breathtaking that I had to kiss him again.

            He was intoxicating.

            Just as I pulled back, the door opened.

            “You guys eating dinner?” It was Liam asking, and I nodded, rolling off of the bed, tugging Zayn with me.

            I wondered how his voice would sound right now. Would it be darkened by lust?

            I wanted to know if I affected him like he did me.

            “You two always disappear, I swear,” Niall snorted at me when we reached the table. “I barely even see you.”

            I sent him a lopsided grin, my lips still warm from Zayn’s touch. “I’m sorry Niall.”

            He shrugged, and I took the empty seat next to Louis, Zayn taking the last vacant seat next to Liam.

            “What do you even do in there?” The blonde started again as Liam finished passing out plates.

            I tried not to blush, but it was nearly impossible. “He draws, I watch. Nothing special.”

            I met Zayn’s eyes, and almost choked at how intense his gaze was. I couldn’t read him, and I had no clue what he was trying to tell me.

            Luckily, my phone vibrated against my pocket, giving me an excuse to look away.

From Trin: niall asked me out earlier!!!!!

            I looked at the girl who was seated next to the Irish boy and grinned. Good for her.

To Trin: !!!!!! good im happy for you! (:

Just as I forked the first piece of steak into my mouth—it was delicious, by the way, as Liam was an incredible cook—my phone vibrated again.

From Trin: now all you have to do is make it official with lou and then we can double

For the second time in the past five minutes, I almost choked.

To Trin: what if I dont want to????

From Trin: why wouldnt you

From Trin: did something happen

From Trin: you and zayn!?!?!?!?

From Trin: answer me!!!!

“For Christ’s sake, can’t you two just talk face to face?” Harry groaned, eyeing me. “We can see you on your phones.”

I shook my head as Trinity glared at me, and Liam smirked. “That means that they’re talking about us, Hazza. Don’t you know?”

            Niall grinned at that, his entire face lighting up, and I avoided Zayn’s gaze. I didn’t want to know what he was thinking.

            From Trin: something happened between you and zayn and you wont tell me what it is

            I sighed, shaking my head, but my roommate continued to stare at me until I sent her a response.

            To Trin: later

            “You didn’t!”

            “Shut up,” I whispered, peeking over my shoulder to make sure that none of the others were listening. Niall and Louis were playing FIFA, and the others were watching, but something told me that Zayn wasn’t paying too much attention to it.

            “You can’t just tell me that you’ve kissed Zayn Malik and expect me to be quiet about it!”

            I groaned, shoving her head lightly. “I wasn’t loud when you told me that Niall asked you out.”

            “Completely different,” Trinity whispered back, shaking her head. “So he’s a good kisser then?”

            “Amazing.”

            Trinity rolled her eyes at me and giggled. “I can see the hearts in your eyes from a million miles away. I told you that you liked him.”

            And this would probably be the only time that I would admit that she was right.

            Very right.

            “He went to his room,” Liam mumbled, not even looking up from the television. “If you’re looking for Zayn, that is.”

            I mumbled a thanks, striding to his room, slipping in and closing the door behind me.

            Zayn was leaning against his wall, eyes cast to the floor when I entered. His gaze snapped up when he heard me, and in four steps he was in front of me, pinning me to the door.

            The same intensity was in his eyes as earlier, and he gave me no time to prepare myself before he dipped in and connected our lips.

            This was nothing like the kiss earlier, so intimate and gentle. No, this one was anything but, each movement leaving me equally as breathless.

            “Zayn?” I asked as he pulled back, and he didn’t respond, dotting little butterfly kisses around my jawline and down my neck.

            I could tell that he was mad at me just by the way that he trapped me against his doorframe, his hands resting on either side of my head.

            There were only two things that he could’ve been upset about. Either it was because I had told Niall that nothing had happened in his room, or it was because I had actually told Trinity that we had kissed.

            “Zayn?” I tried again, tugging at his hair gently, but he ignored me, his lips on my neck, embedding a dark mark into the skin.

            One that wouldn’t go away for days, and would probably be seen by anyone.

            Well that answered that question.

            “You could’ve just told me that you wanted me to tell the boys, silly,” I mumbled, rolling my eyes and flopping onto his bed. “Instead of bruising my poor, fragile skin.”

            He grinned and joined me, grabbing his sketchbook from the floor and his pencil.

            And it almost seemed natural in the way that his arm looped around my waist to pull me closer. The way that my head fell onto his shoulder, and his fingers skimmed over mine.

            They say that we should love, not fall in love, because everything that falls gets broken.

            Except I would gladly break any day if that meant that I got to spend another moment with Zayn like this.

            Him drawing, in his room, with none of the others around.

            Just me and him.

            Skylar and Zayn.

            Us.

            It was already becoming my normal.

______*______*______*______

Double upload yay! And, well.... They kissed, finally. We'll see what happens next....

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

52.9K 1.9K 36
{Completed: Liam Payne AU} He was trouble and she was troubled.
30.8K 753 12
Harry's struggling with anxiety and depression, and Louis' trying his best to help the love of his life. Their relationship is tested when Harry's me...
17.4K 698 27
⚠Trigger Warning! Might contain subjects about mental illnesses and self-harm!⚠ "What a sight for sore eyes, Brighter than a blue sky. You gave h...
5.5K 132 18
[Disclaimer: So I wrote this when I was a freshman in high school soooo don't take this too seriously LOL it was the first work I've ever completed s...