Written Agreement (Kid x Read...

By MasclaraReign

You're a Charlotte while he's a crackhead---I mean he's a Eustass. You were doing just fine and had a great c... More

C1: Married To A Redhead
Chapter 2: Annoying
Chapter 3: Plan
ANNOUNCEMENT!
Chapter 4: VIP Room
C5: First Report
C 6: Written Agreement History
C8: Scratchmen Apoo
C9: Punishment Day
C10: Lunch Date?
C11: Liar
C12: Dinner Disaster
C13: Betrayals
C14: Bonney
C15: Café
C16: Gift
C17: Heat
C18: Conscience
C19: It Ended So Fast
Author's BS
C20: Lost
C21: Brawl
C22: Meeting
C23: Shattered
C24: Papers
C25: Clarification
C26: Visit
C27: Last Race
Author's BS
Final Chapter
Your Comment

C7: What If's

333 22 11
By MasclaraReign

Kid didn't mind you accepting Cavendish's invitation for tonight. He said he doesn't care as long as you get back home or call him if you need someone to pick you up. Your husband even said that you're on your own if you'll break the rules of the written agreement, primary or secondary page.

"Hey, I'm glad you didn't decline my invitation." Cavendish smiled. He is wearing black tattered jeans and purple shirt with two unbuttoned buttons that showed a little of his pale chest. He's leaning on the side of his car parked outside the bar, patiently waiting for your arrival.

"I just needed a bit of time outside the office and my house. Besides, Kid didn't mind." You smiled.

"Oh, you told him?" He seems to be surprised as both of you went inside the bar.

"Yeah" You grimaced upon remembering why Kid let you go out tonight.

"You can go, enjoy the night because I'll be punishing you on Saturday." Kid grinned. Not a dangerous one but more like of a child thinking of something evil. You rolled your eyes and relaxed on your chair.

"As long as you don't make any issues about Cavendish. But you can come too if you want." You said.

"That's fine. I'll be home, planning on how to punish you. HAHAHAHA."

"Idiot." You muttered. He heard you but chuckled anyways.

You two had a little drink and chit chats back and fourth about almost anything. You wanted to drink and drown your unexplainable feeling towards Kid and the situation but you're going to drive yourself home alone.

Hanging out with Cavendish doesn't seem bad. He was able to lift your mood and distract your mind. Its no wonder he's a great host for car shows and auction events and the like. He is like a charm that can get anyone's favor with just a smile and he's a good listener too.

"How's it going with Kid?" He asked.

The sudden flash of the picture from Morgans' report crossed your mind again.

"Good."

"Good, but your voice says otherwise." He said and took a sip while looking at you.

"What do you mean?" You gave out a little laugh, a bitter one as it sounded.

"I can tell something is bothering you whenever I ask about your husband. Tell me, something happened?"

That question made you pause. Your smile turned to a melancholic expression as you took another sip.

"It's just that...few more months and it will be our anniversary but we... never had any progress to get along." It's not exactly what's been bothering you but your statement wasn't a lie either.

"Why would that bother you? It seems like he is not the type of guy who can easily change, maybe a little more time? " He is not wrong, that's what Killer said too before. Give Kid a little more time to change but when will it exactly happen?

"I'm aware of it, and that's what I hate about him. I tried to adjust but we always end up fighting or ignoring each other. I don't know, maybe... there's really no hope for us. Getting along with that redhead must be a delusion." You laughed bitterly at that thought. It was only then that you realized how the current marriage's situation plus Morgans' report had sent a pang to you emotionally.

"If it felt toxic, why don't you file a divorce?"

"It's not that easy being a Charlotte." You answered instead of telling him the real matter of the written agreement. That's only for the Eustass and Charlotte family to know. Cavendish might be a good listener but there are certain things that you cannot talk about.

"Hmm, let's say...It's still an arrange marriage, would you want to file a divorce if you're not a Charlotte?"

It took you few seconds on that question until you are sure to yourself on what to answer.

"No." The answer came out with confidence.

"Why?" Cavendish is a little confused.

"Because... no matter how angry he is, he never raised a hand on me or even try to. When he's angry, it never scared me away. I know people says he's scary but to me, it's never been that way."

The law and written agreement might be protecting you but there's only you and Kid inside the house. No one will ever know if he hits you or not. Kid had a lot of chance to hurt you even just a little but he never did. Despite the non stop argument or disagreement from time to time, he never tried to hit you or harm you in any way. Kid is really annoying but never scary even if he rarely smile. It only felt like having a giant grumpy child in your home.

"What if he cheats?"

Cavendish's question rang like a bell that is too loud to hurt an ear.

"That's...his choice if he cheats and it's my choice to remain loyal to our marriage despite the lack of feelings." You admitted it without admitting it to your own close friends.

Cavendish accepted your answer with a smile as he drinks without removing his gaze on you. He sets his glass on the table and pats your shoulders.

"You're strong, I like that."

"Silly" You gave out a small laugh.

You checked your watch and it is already 9:00 pm. Both of you agreed to call it a night. The gentleman paid for everything as he guided you to exit the place.

"Thank you for the time." He smiled.

"Thank you too for the drinks and company, Cavendish. You're a good friend."

"Anytime, just take care always." He smiled gracefully, giving you a last kiss on the knuckles. It didn't make feel uncomfortable like the first time, you got used to it believing this is just his kind gesture and nothing more.

Before he can let go of your hand, a loud beep from a familiar car across the road caught everyone's attention. You furrowed your brows, trying to see if you're right as you slowly pulled your hand from Cavendish. The tinted window rolled down, showing a familiar scowl that you see almost everyday.

"Kid." You were surprised from his sudden appearance.

"What a surprise, Kid" Cavendish greeted while grinning. Kid didn't say anything while one male went out of his car from the back seat. He crossed the streets and headed to your direction.

"Good evening, mrs. Eustass. I'm here to get your keys to drive your car. Master said you'll be going home with him." He said.

"Oh, okay." You gave your key then said bye to Cavendish. He watched you cross the street as you entered the back seat. He laughed a little while watching Kid complain on why you sat on the back. You talked back to your husband but went to sit in the passenger seat. You were just about to put the seatbelts on but Kid did it himself, causing him to be so close to you but his eyes were on Cavendish.

"Yo, Blondie. Better not cross the line, you might cross the after life." Kid said. He didn't sound annoyed or angry but not friendly either considering his statement.

"I ain't, red head. A lot of ladies will be in despair if I do that." Cavendish chuckled as he was amused by his friend.

"Whatever, later."

Cavendish watched the car leaving until it is out of his sight. As he headed to his car, his phone rang.

"The lovely lady went home already with her husband." He said without greeting the person on the other line.

"Cavendish, I think you are forgetting your place?" the other person spoke with pure irritation.

"I think I'm not." He smirked confidently.

"Oh come on, the red head is a shot-tempered man. Once you get on his nerves, you're done. I'm telling you, DONE!"

"We've been doing this for like...how many times already. I know what I'm doing."

Another shuffle can be heard from the other line until another person spoke on the phone.

"You better, Cavendish. I don't want to deal with the Charlotte's too if you fuck up."

"Oh come on, you're all overthinking it." Cavendish laughed.

Just dropping new chapter earlier before I go back on practicing animating cartoons.

And Sunshine! Always take care, love yah.

Written date: February 23, 2023

Twitter: @Masclara17
Tiktok: @masclara17
Youtube: Masclara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84 0 6
The pic for the cover was from pinterest, so if the artist sees this (probably not) Please let me know, this art is beautiful! (*clears throat* anywa...
243 36 4
Modern AU! Five years have passed since you moved away to finish your education, only for you to return once that sweet sweet diploma was in your han...
11.1K 394 19
Tsukiko, a woman who's blood lust mirrors Kid's. She never found her place in the world, then the Kid Pirates walk in to the bar she's murdered every...
8.8K 436 39
After serving 4 years in the military Y/N returns to her home town and suffers a great memory loss at a crucial time in her life. A certain gang affi...