The Sultana of his heart

By AfshanShaikh5

In the heart of the Ottoman Empire, Sultan Murad, known for his severity, is captivated by his cousin, Mihrim... More

* Characters* 💫
1. The start of his love 💫💕.
2. The marriage
3. New Sultan
New Characters.
4. Respect or Fear?
5. The Thorne
6. His Excellency Sultan Murad Khan!
8. The change
9. An enemy, a seal and Fire
10. His mercy
11. Laws!
12. Loyalty, Tears, and Bonds.
13. Leaving?
14. Privileges?
15. sacrifice....

7. Absolute owner of Ottoman Property

631 17 1
By AfshanShaikh5

Istanbul, Topkapi Palace......

Kosem Sultan was in her room looking at some documents. When door opened and Murad came in. " Mother, Good morning. " Kosem stood up and wished back, " Good Morning, my son. " Murad took her hands and kiss the back of it.

" I came to ask for your blessings in this blessed day." She smiled and replied " My prayers are always with you. But what do you mean by blessed day? " Murad just looked at her without replying. " You went out without telling anyone last night. Tell me, what happened? " " Mother, I have made important decisions. Very important decisions for me and the state. " Kosem Sultan looked at him and kept her hand at his face and asked " What's wrong with you? You've got a poker face. Won't you tell me what your plan is?" Murad looked at her and spoke " You will wait, mother. You will find out with everyone." With that he nodded and went away. Kosem just looed as he walked away and started to think .

Here, in the courtyard there were a large amount of people were gathered for the council. As the soldiers came in the courtyard one of them went to Topal Pasha and asked " What do you think, Pasha? Do you think he will give us what we demanded? ". " I spoke to him myself, Osman the Witch, there is nothing to worry about. " "Well, Bıçakçıoğlu was killed last night. We don't know who did it. " listening to this Topal just looked at him and sign him to go back. Then he went back to his place and stood with other Pashas. Then there came a man, by his looks it was clear that he was not a pasha nor a common man. " Why are you here, Evliya Çelebi? " A pasha asked him. " I saw people marching on the place, and I thought 'Damn! A turmoil will break out!'. And I thought I should be there. You think I am right?" All the other Pashas just looked at him and then at each other. Just then two soldiers came holding a mace. It was so heavy that they were unable to bring it. looking this all the people present got tensed. " Wow, wow , wow... Look at that mace! Two man can hardly carry it."Evliya Çelebi exclimed.

On the other side of the courtyard Murad was wearing his crown. And the door opened and a soldier announced.

Behold! His Excellency Sultan Murad Khan!

All of them bowed and when Murad sat on his throne he signaled them to stand normally. And then spoke " Shaykh-ul- Islam Ahizade Effendi. Pashas. My Subjects! By Allah's grace I'll start the council soon." With that he stood up and again started to speak sharpley and angrily . " As you all know, lately two riots were organised against me and my state. Who are these rebels? They are traitors who exported money from the shopkeepers, tortured people, attacked my palace insulted me and my family and lynched my men!...... and I realized that some of the men I entrusted myself and my state with allied with these traitors. Even my Grand Vizier! " as he told that Topal pasha was given a look from all the mens present there. " Come, Topal, The cheif of rebels!" as he told that topal pasha was pushed by mustafa agha on ground. " Your Majesty... " All of them looked at him, the second most powerful person after valide Sultan on his knees begging for his life. " It's a slander! It's a lie! I swear to you, it's a lie! I've never betrayed you, Your Majesty. I am your sister's husband. How can I betray you? Please forgive me if i unknowingly made a mistake. " " You bloody liar! " with that he walked and took the mace. " your majesty... I beg you forgive me. It is true that I have spoked to your rebellious subjects. But I did it to protect you...." Murad took the mace with that he killed Topal pasha. Seeing this everyone felt a shiver ran down there spine, and bowed their head down.

Murad then took the mace in air and spoke " I, the shadow of God on Earth, Sultan Murad Khan! I am the absolute owner of the whole Ottoman property . If any of you have any doubts about this take your sword come before me! " he looked at all of them with full of anger. All the soldiers immediately bowed before him. Murad looked at all of them and put his hands down.

Here at a sea a ship was going to ottoman border. In a room of the ship a girl was sleeping all a sudden she woke up because there was a loud sound and the ship started to shake. " what's happening " .... as she went outside the captain was ordering mens. " Take the cannons! Come on!" seeing this the girls started to shout " Andrew! Andrew! Andrew! Hang out the white Flag. Hurry up." listening to her he ordered " Hang out the white flag!". The girl and a women looked worriedly at the ship ahead which was the ship of ottomans.

In the ship of the ottomans a soldier ordered calmly looking at the ship ahead which was coming in their territory without any information. " get ready for fire. " the man next to him raised his hand shouted " connoners, get ready!" the soldier looked as the white flag was hanged and told " wait."

Here , In the harem Hacı Agha was in the kitchen eating and talking with the chief and was enjoying himself suddenly a man came and asked " Hacı Agha! What are you doing here? A hell broke loose out there." Hacı Agha continued to drink his juice and asked " what happened?" " His Majesty killed The Grand Vizier. " Hacı Agha looked at him as his eyes got bigger by the shock and exclaimed " Damn!" and got out of there as he walked to kosem Sultan's room. and opened the room. In the room kosem was there with her daughters and grandson. Gevherhan was with her son telling him to go look for his father in the garden. " My sultana! it's disaster! Grand Vizier.... was executed!" with this all the heads turned towards Gevherhan Sultan and there she was so shocked that she was about to fall. Kosem Sultan just release a breath and closed her eyes.

Here, outside the divan Mustafa Agha was guarding and waiting for murad to finish his meeting in the divan. Inside the divan murad was appointing the post of grand vizier and other posts. After punishing Topal pasha's right hand man and changing some posts he spoke " Shaykh al-Islam Ahizade Effendi why are you silent? You were talking too much in the days of rebellion. You even Vouched for me. You've got nothing to say about all that happened? " " forgive me, Your Majesty. I'm surprised. I hope your decisions will do for the dynasty and the state." with that he looked down. " you doubt that?" he looked at murad and answered " Even if your Grand Vizier was a traitor. So it's necessary to have doubts. Especially for your sake, your Majesty. " Murad looked at him sharply and turned and sat on his thorne and spoke " Then Mufti Effendi lets identify the traitors among us and wipe them out so no one will have doubts." Everyone bowed at him and with that the divian was over.

After that as Murad was going to his room a voice came from his behind " Sultan Murad!... " it was none other than Gevherhan Sultan who was crying and as she came forward she questioned her brother who was the sultan of the one of the most powerful empire. " You knew, didn't you? You already made up your mind when you came last night. You were going to kill him. You were going to make me a widow and my son an orphan. But you kept silent. As if everything was fine, you laughed and hugged us. You deceived us! " Murad turned and wiped her tears and spoked looking in her eyes softly " Your Husband was a traitor, Gevherhan. Like all traitors, he got what he deserved. With that he turned and walked to his room.

As he walked in his room he saw her in the balcony standing there looking at the beauty of his state. He walked and looked at her. Sensing the strong aura around her Mihrimah spoke still looking at the state " I was there ...... i was there and there looking at you as I told you that I will always be there with you and ...." she turned and looked at him in the eyes " There I truly saw what really you are Murad ..... there in your eyes which was full of anger I saw a man who wanted to show everyone that he is the one who holds the power in the saltant, But Murad if you knew that Topal Pasha was the traitor we could have found out who was behind this , I am not telling you that what you did was wrong, no whatever you did it created a fear in the traitor soldiers and respect in your loyal mens but it could have wait, Murad sometime we need to do things that we do not want to and this a thing that you should understand that and what will happen if you killed Topal today .... there will be another tomorrow ." Murad looked at her, and he was not angry as he would always be if someone would have questioned him , but it being Mihrimah it was just a another thing he would always look forward to her opinions on his work maybe because he know that she would never think of betraying him or wanting to paste her opinions on him like his mother, Or maybe because she was his wife who was his equal and other half and someone who could truly understand his emotions. Yes it has been only a month that they were married but he trusted Mihrimah that she will never try to be in favour of those who want to make her brother [ Shahzade Osman ] the sultan. Whatever happens in the future he knows that dethorning him will be the last thought in her mind, even if he would not have been her husband, he knows that Mihrimah Sultan was one of the women who believed that him being the the sultan of this empire after his father's death was the most appropriate thing and was his right. He was also aware that she was not someone who will go after power and now that she was his wife he was sure that she will never betray him. " Mihrimah , my moon stop stressing about this matter, I know the traitors wants to create a conflict in our family and that will never happen, I will never let this happen. " with that they started staring at each other , then came a voice outside the door. " Open the doors."

Here as the ships came closer to each other and no firing was happened the girl ordered her men " clam down, it's okay. Drop your weapons. " no one listened to her so she shouted angrily " I said drop them!" and then they done what was told. just then the head soldier asked her " who are you? What are you doing in ottoman waters? Speak! " " I am Farya Bethlen, Princess of Hungary. Who are you?" " I am Janissary kemankes Mustafa Agha! What's the matter princess? Why are you here?" " I came for Sultan Murad. I need to talk to him about something very important. Can You take me to him?"

In Murad's Room as the door open Mihrimah looked at Kosem Sultan and bowed to her and murad without looking spoke " Mother. " " It is true what I heard Murad? How can you make such decisions without even asking me? " Murad turned and looked at her and replied " I don't need to consult to you to take a traitor's head. " She looked at him for a moment and spoke " I don't care about him I was letting him live. I was wondering what was giving him courage. Who he was working for. But thanks to you, we'll never be able to find out!" " I lit a fire today. All my enemies will burn in that fire. Now it's there turn to be afraid, to be worried." Kosem looked at him and walked closed to him " I have been in this place for 30 years, For last 5 years, I have been ruling this state. I've seen death, I've seen betrayal. I've seen everything. I've never been afraid of anyone I never will. " they both looked at each other in anger " If so, stand by my side, mother. Just be by my side without questioning my decisions." " As your mother and the queen regent don't expect me to keep silent and turn blind eye to everything you do. Especially when it's about the state. I'll never do that." With that she walked to get out of room. " You will be silent, mother. You will do it like everyone else. Don't do anything without my permission.Because I am the only owner of the Sultanate." and she walked out of there. Mihrimah looked at Murad who was so angry that in his eyes she can see the deep waves of anger and it was scaring her because she believes that anger can make people lose control over their mind. She walked to him and kept her hand on his shoulder and spoke " Murad anger is not the solution of everything. try to control your anger. The messenger of Allah [ may peace be upon him ] said ' the strong man is not one who is good at wrestling, but the strong man is the one who controls himself in a fit of rage.' Try that your anger should not get control of you and everything will be okay." and she smiled at him.

Just then a agha came and informed" Kemankes Mustafa Agha is here, your Majesty. He said it was something important. " Mihrimah and Murad looked at each other " Let him in " Mustafa Agha came and bowed to them " Your Majesty, Sultanam" " Speak."Murad turned to him and ordered " I have been informed at the port. They said a French ship was trespassing. So I got on the ship, I cut them off. Now you have a guest on board An uninvited guest. She said she was Farya Bethlen, Princess of Ardeal." Murad looked at Mihrimah and they both look towards the sea area from the balcony. " Lets go and see what she have got now" " Your Majesty " with that he bowed and went from there. Mihrimah looked at Murad and spoke " I hope it's not something bad but now give me permission I'll go I have to go and see Gevherhan Sultan. " Murad smile and nodded at her.

Here on the ship Farya and her nanny was talking when some soldiers came and told her they were there to take her to the palace as per Sultan's oder and she questioned them as she was suspicious of the soldiers then they [ the soldiers and farya' s mens ] started to fight with swords. She also took her sword and started to fight. As all the soldiers died Farya felt a sword at her neck and she also placed her sword at that person when she turned and say the man with soldiers and someone there spoke " your Majesty" she looked at that man and bowed at him on her knees " you Sultan Murad...." " Your Majesty they are not guards. They're in disguised " Silahtar Mustafa Pasha informed him. Murad looked at all that men and spoke sharply "Disguised as my soldier They have come to take the princess on my behalf!How could this happen? Who are they ?" Murad questioned Silahtar Mustafa Pasha. " Catholics who have been given orders to kill me." Farya spoke, Murad looked at her and gesture her to stand up. " I am Farya Bethlen, Princess of Hungary. Your majesty Sultan Murad I have come to seek refuge in your justice." Murad looked at her sharply and went inside the ship and sat in one of the chairs present in one of the rooms which looked like a study. Farya stood in front of him and spoke " My Father, King Gabor was killed a year ago. As you know My mother, Queen Catherine, took the throne instead. " " yes I have attested it myself. But your mother made mistakes. " ": All lies, Your Majesty. The lies of my uncle Ishtvan. My uncle dethorned my mother with slanders. Turned out he was collaborating with Pope Urbanus. He also killed my father. " " Are you sure about that ?" " He confessed it himself! He was going to kill me and my mother too. But I ran. I took my mother and ran away. " " Where is your mother, Princess? " Silahtar Mustafa Pasha asked ' In a place where no one knows , I've given her my best men. I came here with my nanny, Margarette, ask for your help. " Murad looked at the both ladies and again questioned "how did you learn how to use a sword? When you're surrounded by traitors you've got to learn. My father wanted me to learn. " Murad stood up and told her or more like ordered her " have some rest, princess." And walked out with Silahtar Mustafa Pasha. They both looked as he was talking with his soldiers " what do you think? You read people. Do you think he believed us? Is He going to help? " " Let's pray that he did, princess. It's like there is veil in his eyes, I can't see anything. " Then there came Silahtar Mustafa Pasha and they both bowed to him " Princess Farya. We will investigate the matter. Until then, you will be our guest. All your needs will be met. Do not worry, you are now under the protection of his Majesty. Nobody can touch you. " " Thank him on my behalf. "

Somewhere in a hidden place there was the same man for whom Topal Pasha worked he was there with his 2 men and Sinan Pasha. " Topal Pasha's death put a Spoke in our wheel. We lost our strongest man in the council. May god forgive with sins. " One of his man spoke. " Sipahis are waiting for news. What is your order? " Sinan Pasha inquired. The man raised his hand and spoke " let them wait. There is something more important. Hungarian Princess Farya Bethlen kill the Pope's nephew, Cardinal Marcus. And she came to Istanbul. We took action as soon we found out we failed. " " Why... Why didn't you inform me? Where is she now? " Sinan Pasha inquired again . "At the port. Princess Farya has a very cotton letter in her hand. Sinan Pasha. We have to take it. " The other man told " what letter? " " The Letter of His Holiness! A secret invitation for the king of Europe to unite against Ottoman Empire we may all be mentioned in the Letter. " " If so we'll be screwed. "

It was night time after dinner with sehzade Osman Murad went to his balcony and was in deep thoughts. Just them Mihrimah came and hugged him " Your Majesty" he turned and looked at her " Mihrimah " she looked at him in the eyes and spoke " take away the sadness in your eyes Murad. Wipe out the doubts in your heart. Whatever happened it was for the best Murad. I will always be by your side as your wife. Everyone will see and will accept. There is only one Sultan of ottoman empire and that is Sultan Murad Khan but for that Murad have some patience this thore is yours, only yours. " Murad looked at her and kissed her and took her inside the room.

They both were seated on the bed wil Murad had his head on Mihrimah' s lap and both were talking in peace. " Mihrimah you I want to have the total control of the sultanate and for that I need-" " Murad let's not talk about this have some break from this now with me I don't want you to be the Sultan but be the man you are , the Murad who was once my best friend who used to always talk and joke.hmmm? " Murad just looked at her and smiled. After sometime Mihrimah went to her room and Murad went to meet his mother and when he reached there he listened the talk of his mother and sister so he signed to the guards not to announce his present. Inside the room Kosem Sultan was comforting her daughter " Gevherhan...My beautiful daughter.Come on, sleep and have some rest. Stop torturing yourself." " Sleep ? my eyes will be closed only when I die. My suffering will be over when I die. And my tears as well... You didn't pity him what about me? How did you do this to my son? " She was crying asking all of this. Kosem Sultan looked at her and answered without any emotions. " That's what your brother deemed appropriate. What can you do?" " You can't make me believe that. Mother I'm not a child. Even the sun won't rise again unless you want it. My brother can't have made the decision himself. He can't . You wanted it as well. " The door opened and in came Murad seeing this Gevherhan Sultan stood up " my mother has nothing to do with it, Gevherhan. I made the decision. I took his life." Just then because of the sounds Gevherhan Sultan's son shahzada Suleiman woke up " mother? What's happening?" Kosem stood up went to him and spoke " nothing, honey. Come sleep with me tonight. - Good night son. - You too, mother. " With that Kosem Sultan went out of the room and Murad turn to his sister and started to speak. " Your mourning will be over, you will cool off. As your brother and your Sultan, I promise you. I will do whatever it takes to make you happy again. " " Let me return to my palace. You Majesty. Because I can't stay here with you. How can I with someone who murdered my son's father, and the man I love? " Murad eyes then turned hard on this and he spoke sharply " you can't go anywhere. You are staying here with your family." And he went out of the room. Listening to this Gevherhan Sultan stated to cry hard again.

In the morning Murad and Mihrimah got ready and was doing their breakfast, when Murad informed her about the matter of Princess Farya Bethlen and as they were talking a guard came in and informed them about Sinan Pasha, that he was waiting and wanted to inform Murad of something. " Let him in " with that the guard went out bowing to them and in came Sinan Pasha and bowed at them. " Your Majesty, Sultanam, " " What is it Pasha that couldn't wait until the Divan. " Murad looked at him sharply and questioned. " Your Majesty. The matter is that The Venetian ambassador Pietro and French ambassador Henry is here. They wished to talk to you about Princess Farya." Murad nodded at him and he went away from there. " What does they have to do with the Princess?" Mihrimah questioned and looked at murad " We will know that only after meeting them ."

Kosem Sultan to meet the soldiers and talk to them, seeing her all the people around started to make voice and look at her. Halil Pasha was there to welcome her and told her that the soldiers are waiting for her. Kemankes Mustafa Agha was also in the crowd and he was keeping eye her unknown to them. Kosem Sultan they meet the soldiers and talk to them and agreed to the demands with the threat that if they again go against her family they will face hell on the earth and even their family won't be saved.

Here In the court Murad was on the Throne and The Venetian ambassador Pietro and French ambassador Henry was standing and they they then started to speak " we have received a letter from his holiness Pope Urbanus. He wishes you, your majesty to give us princess farya Bethlen. " " What does this have to do with Vatican and the pope? Explain the matter. Erdel is a autonomous region of the Ottoman state. " " This is not an internal matter, it's very serious. I guess the princess hasn't told you the truth. " Murad looked at them " what is the truth? " " Princess farya is a murderer. She killed Cardinal Marcus, the nephew of His Holiness."

As Kemankes Mustafa Agha was not one of kosem 's man he was not allowed to go inside where the meeting had been going but he was outside waiting to know what kosem sultan was doing inside. As the Soldiers came they were talking about the meeting and Kemankes Mustafa Agha listened to then without them knowing. " Osman The witch, How do you know Sultana Kosem is not stalling us? What if sultan Murad does not accept? " " She promised as the regent.If our wishes are not fulfilled we'll dethorne Sultan Murad and put prince Osman on the throne." As the two soldiers walked Kemankes Mustafa Agha who got to know this went from there to inform this to Murad.

Murad was very angry after being lied he went to the ship of Farya and as she saw them she greeted him. " Welcome, " "- is it true that you are a murderer? " " so you found out." "-Everything you said was a lie since you didn't tell me you killed someone." murad was very angry and was not ready to listen anything. " I didn't lie. I never will. Yes I killed the cardinal because that bastard attacked me and I defended myself. I.... I stole something from him. A letter hidden from you, a secret letter. " Murad looked at her sharply and asked for the letter they went inside and she gave him the letter. " That's why the men in the harbor tried to kill me. " Murad took the letter and opened it. " What language is this written in? " " I can't read it. But it is obviously something about you, about the Ottoman Empire. " murad give the letter to Silahtar Mustafa Pasha and as he looked at it he concluded " It is a mysterious letter. But I know someone who could read it, Your Majesty. " Murad looked at the princess and spoke to her without any emotion. " Let's agree on one thing, Princess Farya. If you are hiding something from me or if you're lying to me, I will kill you myself. " " And what if it is true? " Will you promise me? Will you promise to save and protect me and my mother? " Murad just looked at her sharply and went from there. And with that he went in towards a large tower or more like a library with Silahtar Mustafa Pasha. As they went there a book fall on them, they looked upside.He opened the book and was amused to see the structures drawn in the book. " He's up to something." spoke Silahtar and looked upside and with that they went inside the tower. The two mens looked at eachother and ran downstair. As they came down they bowed before Murad. They were Evliya Çelebi and Hezarfen Ahmed. " Your Majesty. " "- such an honor." " What have you been up to, Hezarfen Ahmed ? Have you been working on birds? " Murad and Silahtar was looking around as everywhere were things " Smart creatures. Even in the toughest weather conditions, their stability is amazing. They use their wings perfectly--" " Alright, Hezarfen, Enough! " Evliya Çelebi cut him out. Murad looked at two of them with an amused smile. " His Majesty is here. It must be something important. What's the matter? " Evliya Çelebi spoke. " You will tell us." Silahtar spoke and both of them went to his side , silahtar give him the letter. " A very important letter, written in secret. Can you read it? " they were opening the letter just then Murad spoke "He has to. Or I 'll take his head myself " They both looked at him shocked and murad laughed looking at them and seeing this they also laughed and then went to reading the letter. As they were looking at the letter Murad was looking at the different thing and he saw a rope attracted to a cupboard and he pulled it and it opened into a bed. Because of the sound Evliya Çelebi was scared and exclaimed " God!" "-Oh.." " -What is it?" " This, Your Majesty, is the new invention of Master Hezarfen. One of his strange inventions, his inventions are all strange anyway. As you can see his bed is inside his library. " Murad looked at Hezarfen and smiled. " Thank you, Your Majesty, for reserving this room for me. When I had no space, I came up with this solution. " " That's the reason. You are clever man, Hezarfen. Figure the secret of this letter out." Hezarfen went to one of his table and tried to know the secret of the letter but was not able to , he looked at the other three mens " Your Majesty, can I keep it for a while? I work on it." "You can keep it. And don't come before figuring it out." " Off course. " And with that he went from there. "Be careful that letter is a state secret, don't let anybody it take it." Silahtar Mustafa inform them.

As Murad went to the palace in the room he was with Silahtar Mustafa Pasha and Kemankes Mustafa Pasha. " I have been following Sultana Kosem as you commanded. Today in the almshouse she meet with osman the witch and sipahi's." "What did you talk about , Kemankes? Tell me everything. " " I couldn't hear it. But I follow the Aghas as they came out. The Sultana from they will be given the position the demanded. And they said if she didn't keep her word, The throne you and put Mihrimah Sultan's brother, Prince Osman on the throne. " Murad looked at them and was boiling in anger " I warned her! I told her not to do something without my knowledge. I know she was going to to this. " " Your Majesty, I have no doubts that the Sultana has no bad intentions. As always, she is trying to protect you." Kemankes spoke justifying Kosem Sultan. " By ignoring my decisions? How do you like that! I was just about to take the reins, and my most love ones hit me where it hurts most. They prevent me. They are going to put Osman on The throne. How dare? " " The Prince will ignore the traitors. He is always loyal to you." Silahtar spoke .... " I have no doubts about my family. But today I realised once again that if I am going to be a real ruler no one should rule but me. And for that I need to make some decisions even if it is against my family........ We are going hunting tonight. " Both of them bowed to him " Silahtar, tell Osman. He is coming with us. "

In the night both Murad and Osman were going going out of the palace and just then Osman asked " your majesty, where are we going? . " Murad didn't answer him and they went to a place where there well soldiers and a party was happening as Murad when there he asked. " Which one you is Osman The witch? " One of the soldiers look back and asked back " who is asking? " Murad remove his robe which was covering his head and seeing him Osman exclaimed " Sultan Murad! " All other soldiers stood up and took out their swords. Seeing this Osman took his sword out and was on guard for Murad. Murad looked at the soldiers with hate and anger " I heard that, Usman The witch, if I didn't give the sipahi what they want, you will dethrone me and put Prince Osman on The throne. " Listening to this Shahzade Osman looked at Murad and the soldiers in shock . " We are happy with our Sultan. As long as you does what we want. " Usman the soldiers spoke " Obviously, you are a bit hard of hearing. I have already turned down that offer. " And he then walked and firing of guns and arrows was started. Every solider who came on Murad's way was killed. As Usman the witch was only the one left Murad himself killed him with his own sword. And doing this he looked at Shahzade Osman and spoke. " Remember that day, brother? You remember the day the became the Sultan ? " Shehzaade Osman nodded at him. " That day I became the solo owner of this Empire. The traitors want want to kill me and take the empire by making you the Sultan as the think you will listen to all of their demands. But they won't be able to do that to me." With that he walked to his brother and looked in his eyes as he spoke. " Osman! My brother! We are the Ottoman Dynasty. Fom now on our subjects will never dare that. I will not let that happen . " With that he hugged him and then came the royal executioners. And Murad then back out and spoke with out any emotions. " Silahtar Arrest Him , after the council Tomorrow he will be executed. " And with that he went from there. Shahzade Osman was so shocked as he looked at the dead bodies of all the soldiers . He wasn't able to believe what he listened. He turned and looked at the executioners blankly.

Back in the place Mihrimah Sultan went to look for Murad in his chember. " Tell his Majesty I'm here. " The guards bowed and answered without looking at her " He went out last night, and he's not back yet, Sultanam." Mihrimah looked at them and again inquired " Is there something wrong? Where did he go? "
" I don't know, my Sultana. " Mihrimah looked at the door and went from there with thoughts of Murad in her mind.

Murad didn't came to the palace all night and in the morning when he came , Hacı Agha was waiting for him at his door. As he saw him coming he bowed at him and spoke. " Your Majesty , your mother's been worried about you. " " Tell her I'm fine, Hacı Agha. There's something I want you to tell her. " Hacı Agha bowed and asked " what is it, Your Majesty? " Murad looked at him and went inside his room without telling anything. After sometime he was informed that Mihrimah came to look for him and was outside. He was first hesitate to meet her but then agreed . " Let her in " Few moments later in came Mihrimah who looked were worried and It was clear with her face that she didn't slept last night. Murad went close to her and question " Mihrimah? Is there something wrong? " " I was worried about you when you didn't came last night and I don't know Where brother Osman was but I was informed he was with. Where is he Murad? I Saw a very bad dream last night . He...he was there a-and begging someone not to ki-kill him and He was calling for everyone.... My- my father, mother , me everyone... Where is he Murad? " She started crying while saying this looking at her Murad took her face in his hands and comforted her . " Mihrimah, stop crying he was with me only and we went for hunting, don't worry I gave him some political work , hmm? Now go in your room and sleep and yes there is no need for you to go in the gathering. Hmm go and sleep, looked at you or else you will get sick. " He then turned and look at the door and shout " guards bring Silahtar agah here." After some Silahtar came and bowed looking at him . " Your Majesty" " Silahtar go and make sure that Mihrimah Sultan reaches her chember safely and no one will disturb her ... I repeat no one. " Silahtar got the hint and he nodded at him and turned to Mihrimah " Sultana, please I will escort to to your chember. "

" My sultana. " Hacı Agha bowed before Kosem as they walked ahead from the harem and all other girls came in line and bowed at her. " They say there was a bloodbath in the Bazaar? " Kosem inquired " His Majesty killed the Sipahis you met yesterday, my sultana. He ordered everyone to gather here. He'll send a decree and I will read it. " " What's the decree about? " " I don't know, my Sultana. " Kosem looked at him and nodded.

Back to Murad , he was in divan with all his Pasha's . Just then the Grand Vizier came and bowed at him and started to speak. " My sultan, Sipahis. They're in the Hippodrome again. They want to be appointed now. They're going to march on the palace, What's your order? " Murad looked at all and stood up from his throne and ordered. " Pashas, it is my will. Inform the masters of Sipahis, Aghas of Janissaries, and the scholars immediately. Everyone should gather at the Gate of Felicity. We're having an open council. People should join as well. They should witness. "

In the harem all the women were gathered as per Murad's order. " It must be an important matter since his majesty ordered everyone to the gather. " Spoke Atike Sultan. " Sipahis are gathered in the square, my sultana. They say a rebellion is about to break out. " One of her mother's maids informed her. " Not surprised. Sultan Murad did not listen to anyone. " Spoke Gevherhan Sultan. Just as Atike was about to speak some one announced

Behold! Her Majesty Sultana Kosem!

All of girls present in the harem stood up and bowed at her . She walked with full of grace and sat on her chair. She looked at all the person present and questioned " Where is Mihrimah Atike? Why she is not here?" Lalazar Khalefa then informed " My sultana, His Majesty Ordered that no one should disturb Mihrimah Sultan Because she is not feeling well, she was,t able to sleep because of worry, hence she is in her room resting. " Kosem looked at her and nodded

Back in Sultan's chember Murad was offering his prayer and then started to get ready for the council and looked in the mirror and thought " I am Murad. Son of Sultan Ahmed Khan and Sultana Kosem. Murad who ascended the throne as a child and shouldered the burden of the Sultanate when his peers were living in cotton wool and didn't even know how blood smelled. I am Murad. Doomed to be overshadowed by his mother's power and ambitions, and whose courage, mind , wisdom were underestimated . I am Murad who put the armour of toughness and ruthlessness to resist the cruelty. I am Murad. I realised that if I wanted to be a true ruler, I have to deserve it first. I will never share my power with anyone. I am Murad whose heart and soul is divided into two like Red Sea. Murad, who lost his Moses, and was left alone with his pharaoh. I swear to God. If I can't manage to rip the heart and drink the blood of rebels who humiliated me and my family, may my reign be over! "

Back in the harem , Hacı Agha bowed and announced The decree of Sultan Murad. All of them was very tensed . " for ruling the state successfully and devotedly for five years and for the things she has done since the day I ascended, I thank my mother, Sultana Kosem on my behalf and on behalf of all my subjects. However recent incidents have shown that it is mandatory to change the order. Therefore I, as the absolute owner of power, end the regency of Sultana Kosem, the Queen Mother. " Everyone turned and looked at Kosem Sultan in shock they were not able to believe this. Kosem Sultan stood up and went from there to her room she was very angry . She then took it out on tables and mirrors.

Destur! His Excellency Sultan Murad Khan!

Everyone present in the open courtyard bowed as Murad came and sat on his throne. The then raise his hand as a sign that everyone can stand still. Then came Yahya Effendi with a Qur'an in his hand . Murad stood up and took the Quran and spoke " this is the Quran given to my ancestors, Sultan Salim Khan when he was an Champaign in Egypt. What says in Quran those who believe, obey Allah. Obey the prophet and obey your leaders. And our prophet said: even if an Abyssinian slave is appointed to be your leader, obey him as long as his guide is Quran. " He then kissed the Qur'an and give it to a man to keep it safe, and turned to the soldiers and spoke " You, ummah of Muhammad don't you believe in God ?" " No, your Majesty! "Then why don't you obey me? Janissaries, why do you defend the Rebels and turn a blind to rebellion? " He then looked at Kemankes Mustafa Pasha who was with the soldiers and nodded at him with that Kemankes spoke " Your Majesty. You... You are shadow of God. We bare no enmity against our Sultan. Your friend is our friend, your enemies our enemy. " Murad looked at him and spoke again " In that case, you should not protect the rebels. " The Janissaries bowed at him " We ... We obey our Sultan. We never protect the rebels! " Murad looked at them and again started to speak " Sipahis because of the riots you started the state has been weakened. And your demand has broken the back of the state. The number of Rebels and bandits within you have increased. They loot the City. You have reached 40000 in quantity. But the position you demanded to be assigned are less than 500. Why do you want bonus payment? You rob the commoners. So how can I find money if you rob the people? Where do I get the money? From sea over there?" " We do not accept the name Rebel. Those who put the sneeze on you and loot the city are not one of us. We do not want to be just by their actions." " Then you should pick them out and give them to me." Murad then looked at Kemankes at nodded at him. Kemankes then spoke " we will never protect the Rebels! If his majesty doesn't need them, We don't need them either. Pick them out! " With that the Janissaries picked the traitors out. "Judges of the scholars, step forward. My judges! Why didn't you enforce the shariah thoroughly? Why didn't you expel the rebellion? And why did you take bribes? " " No, your majesty. We follow the part of Sharia. Whenever we try to stop a cruel Vojvodia or a cruel taxpayer, they slender us. They say we take bribes and protect the Rebels. We suffer the consequences of their actions. " Just them shaykh al-Islam spoke " Your Majesty. My son the judge of Istanbul, tells the truth. Because he tried to stop a sipahi, who was extorting money, they attacked his house and stole his stuff and horses. Your Majesty. If you show us your mercy and support us we will end this soon. " Murad looked at him sharply and turned to the crowd "Good! Ummah of Muhammad, your eyes the Janissaries the sipahi, and The scholars swore loyalty to me, their Sultan. But it's not enough. In front of everyone, they will swear on Quran that they will be loyal to me. "He then went and sat on his throne. Silahtar then took the Quran and the leaders of the three groups came and kept their hands on the Quran and swore . After that Murad stood up and spoke " Even I, the Sultan of the world, the Caliph of the world, Sultan Murad Khan I swear to God before you, my subjects, that I will bring back the era of conquests, that I will stop looting, mischief, bribery, and restore the order. That I will rule this state with justice and I will fight for Jihad. " All of the persons present there bowed before him. And with that the council was over.

As it was ordered by Murad, Shahzade Osman was to be executed. No one was aware of this and no was aware that this decision was going to change the live of many persons. And maybe this decision will cost the trust of some persons. Shahzade Osman was in the basement, sacred for his life, he was not able to understand what is his fault that his life was being taken. For the first time in his life he was so scared of Murad as if , as if he was not his brother or best friend but someone else. As he was there sitting praying for his life the door of the basement opened and then came Silahtar agah, seeing him Osman stood up and asked " You came here take me out right Silahtar" Silahtar agah just looked at the executors and sign them and went from there , they started to come for him " Stop- stop right there y-you can't come close to me, I won't allow that, I-I am -am a Prince you can't do this to me " Shahzade Osman was very panicked and anxious and he started to shout. " Silahtar, Can't do this to me , I am a Sahzade, member of Ottoman Empire. I- " the executors then took the rope and put it around his neck and started to choke him " Leave me, y-you c-can't do this, Mother! Father! Mahirimah! s-sa-save m-e. " and with that Sehzade Osman left the world. And no one was aware of this.

Mihrimah was in her room, after sleeping she was still feeling very uncomfortable so she got ready and may way to her balcony enjoying the wind and was thinking about Murad. Murad, yesterday when she got to know that he was not in the palace and in morning about the bloodbath in the basar she was terrified with the thoughts that came in her mind. And that was the Moment she realised that she was in love with her husband. She was scared of the single thought about something bad happening to him. Just then she saw in the garden something and she looked at that and ran to see who was the dead person because she somewhere in her mind know that they were from the royal family, if not then the dead body would not be cared so much about. She was scared , to think who it can be. As she ran towards the Garden the guards announced her present.

" Destur! Her Majesty Mihrimah Sultan!

Mihrimah went there and looked at her brother laying there without any movements. She went closed and touched his face so gently with tears in her eyes " Osman... agghhhh Osman! .... aahhhh Brother! " she cried so loudly that everybody present there got shivers. Just then Atike and her maid came listing to her. And gasped looking at Shahzade Osman. Mihrimah was so out of control that they were not able to stop her. " Let go! " " Sultana, please come " her maids got her up from the ground " Let go! let go!" she was behaving like a madwoman. " -Sultana! clam down...." " Let go of me! Brother! Brother!"with very difficulty they took her inside her room and made her sleep on the bed as she fainted.

" Sultana - Sultana" Hacı Agha bowed and spoke "It's disaster! A hell broke lose!" Kosem stood up and looked at him " What happened Hacı Agha?" " His Majesty , he- he ordered the execution of Sehzade Osman and he is no more." Kosem was very shocked " Mihrimah? How is she? Where is Mihrimah? Hacı Agha? " " She is in her chamber, she fainted after seeing the body. " Kosem went out her room to god knows where with her maid trailing behind her.

Mihrimah woke up " Brother! .... It was a nightmare? Right?" " Mihrimah ..." she looked at Atike Sultan and again spoke blankly " My brother is alive .... Right? Tell me he is alive, please. " as no one answered she stood up and ran to the garden, and started to look here and there " where .... where is he? " Atike held her and tried to take her back " Mihrimah let's go... Come on don't do this" She freed herself and shouted " Where is he! Where is he ? what do you do to him? " Just then Kosem sultan came there, seeing her she ran to her " Valide! M-My brother,h-he ... how- how can this, Mu-Murad, Murad!" with that she ran and her maids and atike , Hacı Agha ran behind her. Mihrimah went to Sultan's room and ordered " Open the door. " " I can't Sultana" " I said open it! " then came the voice of Murad " Guards!" the door opened Mihrimah came inside and looked at Murad's face as if searching for something " You don't do it... Right? You did not kill Brother Osman..... Why are you silent? Say something. Say: 'I didn't do it. ' Say: ' I didn't kill him' He is my friend, brother , Comrade Say: ' How could I ever do it? ' " Murad just looked at her without any emotions, seeing that he was not speaking she shouted with crying " Speak! say something... How could you kill Osman? You Killed him but.. How could you kill me? He is my life. He is my Brother. " " My Mihrimah " Murad wiped her tears and mihrimah closed her eyes and asked " Who are you? You can't be my Husband. My husband had a conscience. He was just. Not Cruel." Murad took her in his arms and mihrimah cried bitterly " My wife, " " Let go! " with that she pushed him " Don't you touch me! From now on I am not your wife anymore." She then went out of her room. Murad looked at her going away from him maybe for forever. He was in so much Pain that he had tears in his eyes .

Days passed and , Mihrimah didn't spoke a word with anyone as if her soul have been took out of her body. She didn't cried after she spoke to Murad, she was not a chearful girl anyone more who used to always laugh and pull pranks. Now she was a like a stone with no emotion. Everyone was very worried about her. She was always in her room, not allowing anyone near her. And even if Murad Tried to talk with her she would shut him out. Her Family came from Manisa when they got to know about all of this and 1st time in days Mihrimah cried seeing her father and mother.

" Father, Mother, ... I-I was not a-able to pro--protect him, I--I, he must ha--hate me Father" Mihrimah cried in her mother's lap " Hümaşah Sultan took her face in her hands and spoke " Mihrimah, my life, my daughter..... it was not your fault. Stop blaming yourself. Hmmm? " Mihrimah then looked at her father and spoke " Father... Take me from here, I do not wish to stay here , please? I-I ca-can't Ple-please. " Shahzade Orhan looked at his daughter and spoke " Shush... Mihrimah, stop crying hmmm, I will take you from here , don;t worry no one will stop you here." After a lot of time Hümaşah Sultan was able to make her sleep and she looked at her husband " Orhan, Mihrimah is coming with us, Look at her if we don't I don't think she can handle living here. I will not leave my daughter with that man. " Hümaşah Sultan and Shahzade Orhan was not less pained than that of Mihrimah, for that they lost her first child, but for their family they have to control themselves.

As Murad got to know about this he was so angry that he destroyed a whole room in his anger. He was not ready to leave her. She had the right to hate him, dislike him, and be angry with him, but he never thought that his Mihrimah would ever think of leaving him. No... No.. he have to talk with her. She can't go , she cannot leave him. She simply can't. Murad went to her Chamber, She was there sitting on her bed, she didn't faced him even after the sound of opening of door. Murad went near her as he was about to touch her from behind Mihrimah spoke " Do you I always wanted to have a small happy family with my husband, somewhere very far away from all the worries and rules of the Palace. I always dreamt of having a loving and caring family and beings a Ottoman Princess and only daughter of my father, I could have got one but when my father informed me about marrying you, I was not ready at first but I agreed because of two reasons, one being that my father and uncle wanted it and I knew that they would always wants the best for me and second and main reason was that I didn't wanted anything to happen to my father or my brothers. But atleast I couldn't stop it. " She turned and looked at him and questioned " What was my brother's fault, Murad? ..... Answer me!" " Mihrimah you know that This Empire-" Mihrimah was not in senses and she blurted out something which she did not wanted. " I pray to my Lord! May you suffer through the same pain which you have given me! " she cried like a child. " May you madly and deeply fall in love with someone who would also betray you!" Murad was so shocked listing to her he wasn't able to understand anything and had a emotionless face. "May you crazily fall in love only to get humiliation in return and may your heart bleed with the pain of rejection." She continuously denounced evil prayers upon him until her vision started to black out. Murad held her and took her to the bed and shouted for an doctor.

Murad was in his chambers alone, Mihrimah 's words were revolving around his heads. He know what was he doing will have a large impact on Mihrimah, Her hate was something which he was going to except with all his heart, but seeing her like that , he was sure that she would never want to continue their relationship, and he was not ready for that. He loved Mihrimah with all his heart. She belongs to him, never in any circumstances will he leave her. Yes he will not leave her, never. Mihrimah Sultan was the Haseki Sultan of Sultan Murad, And she always will it doesn't matter if she like it or not, She was his half deen, his wife, the love of his life and may be his everything. He would never allow anyone to take her place, nor will he allow her to leave him.But for meantime he was ready to give her time, so he was ready to send her back to manisa because even if he doesn't allow this, he knows his uncle and aunt will take Mihrimah. He was ready to give her the world, he was ready to take her hate wholeheartedly but she will have to come back to him by hook or by cook.

Hümaşah Sultan had a fight with Kosem sultan and after that she didn't waste a minute to go back. Mihrimah didn't even packed her luggage, she was feeling suffocated in the palace. She was feeling guilty and she was very eager to go back to her home in manisa. As she was going she looked at the palace , she then promised there that she would make sure to hunt everyone who was behind her family's pain. It was the promise of a Shahzade and everyone have to pay for it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302 7 7
History has made you turn a hero into a villain. A man slandered by someone who bore no abode under his roof. Who did not know him the way that I did...
48.6K 1.8K 21
Helen was born in Greece and lived there until her tenth birthday, she was kidnapped by the Tatar and sent as a present to the Ottoman castle. She di...
162K 5.5K 34
Till Series: Part 3 Highest Rank #6 "I'm going to be a queen! Bow before me, sister." Her sister smirked. Ada held her head high. She will not bow to...
37.5K 2.4K 47
"I guess people love to use useless used products" He said with a horrible smirk of disgust. "Atleast better than people picking up trash and regrett...