Dark Desires

By EmmmaJonnes

How much shit can a person go through before they're truly dead on the inside?" Life is a challenging journey... More

||A/N||
||Characters||
||Prologue||
||Chapter 1||
||Chapter 2||
||Chapter 3||
||Chapter 4||
||Chapter 5||
||Chapter 6||
||Chapter 7||
||Chapter 8||
||Chapter 9||
||Chapter 10||
||Chapter 11||
||Characters||
||Chapter 13||
||Chapter 14||
||Chapter 15||
||Chapter 16||
||Chapter 17||
||Chapter 18||
||Chapter 19||
||Chapter 20||
||Chapter 21||
||Chapter 22||
||Chapter 23||
||Chapter 24||
||Chapter 25||
||Chapter 26||
||Chapter 27||
||Chapter 28||

||Chapter 12||

45 10 53
By EmmmaJonnes

Dark Desires | Chapter 12

||After the kiss||

"Oh my god." I whisper to myself annoyed, as I turn over on my side, trying to find a comfortable position so I can finally go to sleep. I sigh heavily as I lay here, not able to take my mind off a certain female with blonde hair.

She cares?

"Then why would she just run off with no explanation? She is just lonely and wants a good time." I whisper to myself as I turn over again.

Yea but when I died and came back she looked like she genuinely cared.

"Maybe I'm just paranoid and she really does care..." I sigh while sitting up, annoyed at the fact that I can't fall asleep. Glancing over at my phone, I notice that it's 5:10 in the morning. I haven't slept all night. "Let's just go for a run."

After getting dressed for school, I grab my phone and run out the door, needing to destress.

The sun is starting to rise and it's always so beautiful, peaceful even. Pulling my hair back into a ponytail, I start to lightly jog down the sidewalk..

Ok so if she does care and she's not just toying with me again... What am I going to do?

Not get back with her, right? That's the smart answer..

Yea, but you love her and she obviously cares. Maybe it's meant to be.

No. It'll only end in heartbreak. I can't just get back with her. It's hard enough to just be friends with her. How do I just ignore the past?

But, it's hard to be friends with her because you love her. You can't just pretend like you don't care.

Yes I can. I've been doing that all my life.

I shake my head to stop the thoughts as I focus on the song of the birds and the wind. The sky is painted with vibrant pinks and yellow, some blue mixed in.

You love her, she care's, get back with her...

No.

Yes

I said no. Just shut up inner voice. I can't get back with her, it hurts too much. I hate that she kissed me yesterday, I hate that I want to kiss her again. I hate everything she does!

I think to myself, clenching my jaw as I stop by a bench in a park. The park is vacant, no sign of life, just the sound of the breeze in the trees. My breathing is slightly heavy as I sit down on the bench. I breathe deeply letting my worries out to fly away with the wind.

||At School||

Oh my god I'm so late, but at least I missed the first period with Aelin. Oh my god I'm going to end up seeing her in the hallways and she's probably going to mention the kiss- I'm interrupted from my thoughts, pain shooting up my arm as someone bumps into me.

"Watch where you're going dammit." I say turning around but the person just keeps walking. I rub my arm as the pain starts to leave.

Yay, powers.

Ugh, high school.

* * *

I sit down in my assigned seat for second period and begin to pull my phone out of my pocket to see if Ashley texted me. I start to panic as I can't find my phone.

"Where is my-" I whisper to myself before realizing I must have dropped it when that person bumped into me. I hope it's not cracked, mom will rip my head off and I'm not sure I can come back from that. I'll check the lost and found after class. Now stop stressing before you have a fucking anxiety attack in the middle of class.

* * *

*Ring*

I stand up quickly with my bags and rush to the office. God I hope it's there or I'm gonna die.

I walk into the office and to the right is a table full of jackets and miscellaneous items, "The lost and found" a paper sign taped to the table reads. I dig through the items and recover what seems to be my phone. I sigh in relief that there seems to be nothing wrong with it. Cheated death once again! I smile to myself.

I unlock it and see my background for what seems to be the first time, Aelin, Ashley and I giggling together. I'm surprised those photos even still exist besides on my phone.

Geez who changed my wallpaper and when? I guess it's been a long time since I've opened my phone all the way. I'm hit with a wave of grief for what we used to have.

"Have a great rest of your day." The lady at the counter says cheerfully, snapping me out of my thoughts. I quickly turn my phone off and walk out the doors, heading to my next class.

I sit down at my usual desk. Opening my phone again to see what I've missed. Heading to my photos, I'm overwhelmed by the amount of photos of three people I don't know. There's a male, and two females. One of the females is blonde. The other is brunette.

I see that they've taken a video so I put in my wireless headphones.

"Hey, I'm Hunter." The male says with a small smile. Standing up against a brick wall. It looks like the one right out the front of the school.

"HI!!" A ash blonde girl pops into the frame waving at the camera, a bright grin on her face. Her gray eyes sparkling into the camera.

"Anyways, I think you're pretty hot and so you can get an exclusive interview with me at this number" He says proceeding to tell me his number.

Then I hear tons of giggling girls in the background right before the video ends.

I roll my eyes and smile. I almost have second hand embarrassment from that very original pick up line. I giggle and look up to see the teacher looking at me.

"Are you finally joining us Miss Jones?" He asks while the entire class stares at me.

"Anyways class..." He continues, while I hide my phone under my desk and type a message to the number.

I have nothing to lose this will be fine.

I raise my hand.

"Yes Ms. Jones?" My teacher sighs.

"May I use the restroom?" I ask my question.

"Is it an emergency?" He asks.

"Yes, yes it is." I say with a grin as he just waves me out, acting as if I'm going to reach down to grab a tampon but I just stand up and walk towards the door.

"Toodles." I say with a smirk walking around the corner.

I walk around the school and out the back doors so no one sees me. I look around but there's no sign of anyone. Until I see someone standing against the brick wall.

"Hey." I say seeing all three of the people in the video.

"Back at my place we have some beverages." Hunter says. Normally I would say no, I mean this almost seems like something straight out of a horror movie where they take me to their place and I end up dying. But who gives a shit when you can't physically die? Might as well run around doing stupid shit.

"Ok sounds good with me." I respond.

Ashley and Aelin would be pissed if they knew I ran off to some strangers house but I'm not that worried due to the fact they will never know.

As we walk down the street I ask, "Hey I didn't get y'alls names."

"Diana." The blonde one says.

"Leyla." The brunette says.

We continue down the road until we are next to a warehouse.

"I'm not judging but is this where you live?" I ask.

"You'll see." Leyla responds.

Any normal person would be freaking out but I'm completely calm, what's the worst that can happen?

Ok probably a lot but who gives a shit.

When we get inside, I notice that there are two floors. The second is like a loft with only one room, and it's directly above what looks to be a sitting area with a brown fake leather couch that has a small coffee table in front of it. The entire interior is rustic, almost looking like something straight out of a Texas chainsaw massacre movie.

"I'll grab the alcohol." Hunter remark's, I nod, feeling a little awkward. I swallow back the awkwardness, wanting to actually have fun instead of standing there in my awkwardness. Hunter walks back into the room, alcohol bottles in his hand, he puts down four shot glasses and starts to pour us shots.

I smile as he hands me the shot glass, downing the drink easily. I'll have to thank Ashley and her addiction for making it so easy for me to down my alcohol now, without her I'd still be coughing at the burn and I'd still be a lightweight.

I hold out the glass for another one, which Hunter happily obliges. After a couple more shots, I could feel myself starting to get a little tipsy. I set the shot glass down on the table, glancing back up at the group.

"So, did you bump into me on purpose?" I question, watching their facial expressions.

"Uh, why do you ask?" Diana asks, swallowing thickly.

"Well because, Hunter was the one that bumped into me, and it's not like he walked all the way back to grab my phone so he must have pick-pocketed me. . . So, did you bump into me on purpose?"

"Yes." Hunter says, I nod, blinking a few times. Yup, I'm about to get murdered. Ehh, I can't die... I mean, what if I can only die a certain amount of times. Is my suicidal ass really questioning if I can only die a certain amount of time?

"Well, that's a little suspicious don't you think? What are you gonna do, kill me?"

"Maybe." Hunter answers again.

"Rhetorical question, but thank you." I sit up straight, my eyes never leaving his.

"So you brought me here, you're getting me drunk. . . How do you plan on killing me?" I question, seeming almost all too calm for this whole situation. At least they don't know about my power.

"You seem a little too calm." Diana says as she takes a seat next to me, moving my hair to the side, away from my neck. I glance over at her, a grin on her face.

"You could stab me in the chest, or maybe slit my throat, I mean stabbing me sounds like fun, I don't care where... Ohhh another great one would be poisoning me, which you could have done with the alcohol, You really did miss that great opportunity... Idiots. If you're an actual psychopath then stabbing me multiple times would be best because most psychopaths love blood."

"I am quite fascinated with the thought of death. So if I am to be killed by three unhinged teenagers from my school, so be it."

"Then this will be quite a show. Sit still, love." Diana's eyes turn red and fangs spring out from her canine teeth. My eyes go wide with shock. More people with power? What are they? Wait!

"Well normally I don't like sitting still so, lucky for you, this sounds interesting." I remark, moving my arms a little, causing Diana's eyes to go wide with shock.

"Why didn't my compulsion work!" She groans, I stare at her with confusion. Red eyes, fangs, compulsion. . . They're-

"You're still a young vampire, let me do it." Vampires. I glance up at Hunter, whose eyes are also red. "Sit still."

"The fact that vampires are real freaks me out a little..." I say, trying to maintain my composure but placing my hand on my chin taking in this new knowledge.

"Our compulsion has worked on every other human, why isn't it working on her?" Leyla asks, Hunter clenches his jaw.

"If you're gonna kill me, do it already. I don't feel like going back to that shitty fucking school, seeing my shitty ass ex." I complain. The next thing I know, Diana grabs me, her teeth sinking into my neck. I blink a few times, the pain almost overwhelming. It's different from killing myself with a knife or over dosing, it's like she's sucking the life out of me. The room becomes pale with spots. I can feel my head becoming light from the lack of blood. I watch with cloudy vision as Leyla sits next to me, she sinks her teeth into the other side of my neck, Hunter taking my wrists. Welp, looks like they really are vampires. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369 73 21
"We know this fight won't be easy. In fact, it'll be one of the hardest things you'll encounter in your life. You have to be passionate about this re...
1K 8 107
{{CURRENTLY UNDERGOING EDITING}} A kingdom across the sea, a man in pain clawing at a hated king who bears two shadows who protect him. A child, born...
113K 5.7K 46
We all like to think we'd help those in need, but could you constantly put your life and sanity on the line just to protect people you don't even kno...
7.5K 284 22
Highest Ranking- 290 in Action, 547 in Superpowers, 185 in Super These best friends are inseparable, they always work together on their class project...