The Scorch || Marvel/HP

By dedicated_maraudee

The Wizarding World was changing drastically, all to do with the rumoured and pending war. While every adult... More

LOADING...
1 - Turning Point
2 - Pathalogical Liar
3 - Regrets Already
4 - Control
5 - Loneliness
6 - Silence
7 - House Prejudice
8 - Urges
9 - Punishment
10 - Shit
11 - Bruises
12 - Halloween
13 - Hangovers
14 - Bonds
15 - Time Flies
16 - Curiosity
17 - Christams Ball
18 - Overdue Truths
19 - Amazement
20 - Finnic Lewis
21 - Tony Stark
22 - Taking Control
23 - Black Widow
24 - The Lab
25 - No Longer Alone
26 - The Gods
27 - Adults acting like Children
28 - Helicarrier Attack
29 - Medical Attention
30 - Training Limits
31 - Historians
32 - Battle of New York
33 - Post Battle
34 - Christmas Traditions
35 - Order of The Phoenix
36 - Black Ball
37 - New Year
38 - Return to Hogwarts
39 - Asgardian Ale
40 - Avoidance
41 - Deep Scarring
42 - Classroom Partners
43 - Offical Meeting
44 - Priorities
45 - Freya Everton
46 - Faux Emergency
47 - Can Never Catch a Break
48 - The World Hates Harlow
49 - Diazepam
50 - Awake Surgery
51 - Boy who cried werewolf
52 - The sunrise
53- Shit Hits the Fan
54 - Division
55 - Imperfection
56 - Differences
57 - Assassin Child
58 - Birthday Girl
59 - Present Time
60 - Borrowed Time
61 - Time of Death
62 - Missons Eyes
63 - Sam Wilson
64 - Sitwell
65 - Burning Up
66 - Not This Shit Again
67 - Broken Record
68 - Mind-numbing
69 - Blast from the Past
70 - Phone a Friend
71 - Two Weeks
72 - Rock Bottom
73 - Hello Death
74 - Mind Control
76 - The Return
77 - Comfort
78 - Healing Hands
79 - Unexpected Confessions
80 - Comfort Person

75 - The Trail

814 48 126
By dedicated_maraudee

{CHAPTER SEVENTY-FIVE}
"Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about."

The Avengers had been hunting the trail of bodies that Harlow left behind during her missions. At first Nick ordered for Steve and Nat to stay silent about the issue. They weren't permitted to tell anyone else about the girls capturing as no one could be trusted. The trio, despite all their effort, failed to make any significant progress in tracking down the girl.

That was until there was a new hushed name that was fearfully exchanged between organisations and groups.
The 'Slayer' was the name that evoked a pinched reaction. This unknown, to others, person left a bloody nightmare behind. It was truly some of the most grotesque and violent sights that even Nat had laid her eyes on. It was too much of a coincidence to ignore. There was no way that a new and unrelated threat rose just after Harlow was taken by the enemy. There was absolutely no way.

Each time they tried to track the new threat, they ended up being too late. There would be no trace of the dangerous individual. A large mess left behind. The kills at first were sloppy and careless which made Nat unsure whether or not it truly was Harlow behind it all - albeit with Hydras manipulation. Eventually and with reluctance, Nick finally included the rest of the Avengers in the search. It was safe to say Tony was furious.

The girl he deemed like his own family was suffering and he hadn't been told. The revelation sparked up a rather ugly fight between Tony and Nick, which left both parties bitter. Nick knew Tony had a right to be mad, he had kept something very important from him. Nick however didn't appreciate the challenge that Tony gave have. Fighting for the dominant leader. Upon hearing the news, Clint rushed to meet with the group, Laura understanding and worrying from home. There was a part of Clint that was shocked that Natasha would keep something from him. Especially something so major. He felt disgusted with himself. Harlow was going through hell whilst he was spending time with his family and only going on the odd mission.

The news that SHIELD was compromised also didn't sit well with those that were in the unknown. The whole scandal ended up going quiet as Hydra held back fire, no doubt doing so because of their new prisoner. Hydra had managed to cover all of its bases, making it incredibly difficult for the group to expose them.

With everyone in the Avengers helping - minus Thor - they were able to start pinpointing all the areas The 'Slayer' hit. The first time, the whole group ever witnessed the after math of a mission, the whole time frame changed. They already knew that they had to find Harlow as soon as possible. What they witnessed sent them into panic mode. The dead bodies had been tampered with, made to look like certain people. This quickly became a pattern between the different murder sites. The bodies always being left looking like well known members of Hydra.

Harlow always did it as she sobbed, her chest heaving whilst she hyperventilated. The high from killing would soon evacuate her body. Leaving her grieving the mess she made and the lives she took. Hydra had managed to make her hungry for blood yet the guilt was still there. She just couldn't stop herself before it was too late. In an attempt to alleviate her guilt, Harlow would force them to look like all the bad people who had wronged her. That way the dead people deserved it. Or at least she tried to trick her mind into that. Truthfully it never worked. Whenever confronted with it, Harlow would taunt the workers saying it was their fair warning.

It was frustrating how little progress they were making. Steve blamed himself, like he did from the start. He was left reeling over the knowledge that his best friend was alive and the villain he had been looking for. Steve couldn't stop himself from growing irritated whenever he thought about what he could've done differently on that day. He focused on the what ifs and buts. His mind would regularly flicker back to that day and show him exactly what he should've done. Natasha was there for him, constantly reassuring the man. Part of her grew heated whenever Steve would blame himself, she offended wondered if he blamed her too for loosing Harlow. She had been there that day and she hadn't managed to do anything to help. Did Steve think about that?

Every time they thought they'd outsmarted Hydra. Believing to have found a pattern in the deaths, allowing them to estimate where and when the next one would take place. They were immediately proved wrong with another dead body cropping up in a different place. Every attempted strike was slapped away by an invisible force that apparently hated them. The Avengers couldn't find a logical reason to the death spree apart from Hydra's personal motives. Most likely revenge or punishment. It quickly became clear that there was no pattern to guess and Hydra were using Harlow to do their dirty work.

But it didn't seem like they were going to have to figure it all out and find where they were keeping the girl. Instead Hydra was bringing Harlow out into the playing field before they last the last ounces of control they had over her vanished.

With Harlow still able to be occasionally under Wanda's control, Pierce knew it was time to act. They had put The Winter Soldier in crypto for a short period of time, locking him out of the way to prevent any interaction happening between him and Harlow. It was one of the last things they wanted. In the past, Harlow's close relationship with The Winter Soldier always helped him remember things quicker. Pierce couldn't be bothered with all that extra hassle and he also didn't want to risk Wanda's control over the girl. Therefore Winnie was out on the back burner.

However now they needed him. They needed the 'Slayer' and Pierce couldn't truly come to grips with the fact that he had both of them in his hands. It was time to finally finish the original plan made by Hydra before they knew they were going to get Harlow back. They were going after those that they seemed to be a threat or future threat. They were finally going to execute anyone that they deemed, with their algorithm, to be a threat to the expansion of Hydra. In result, their plan almost promised hundreds of innocent civilian deaths.

Rumlow, who Harlow had unluckily become familiar with, was in charge of the first part of the plan. Rumlow was someone Harlow hadn't met during her first time in Hydras custody. He had become a regular presence in her daily life. Which only increased when Harlow and Winnie were transferred to a closer Hydra base in America. Rumlow would walk the halls, a large sneer on his face. It was obvious to Harlow that Rumlows ego was even larger than his head. Not doubt inflating in size daily. The man thought he was the shit. Harlow of course disagreed.

The man believed that he was as invincible as a human could get. In his eyes he represented everything that Hydra stood for and needed. He spent a large portion of his personal time training and working out for his vanity. That much was obvious given how frequently he would flex his various muscles. Pierce thought highly of the man, seeing him as a worthy agent. Rumlow had managed to secretly defect to Hydra years previous, and since stayed a loyal soldier. Which was the most important thing to Pierce.

Steve had been tipped off to this particular mission the first time he dug into Shield compromise. Since then, it had all gone quiet. Secrets were once again covered up and the group struggled to find a lead. That was until Natasha decided to do her own work. The woman was left silently grieving the loss of her mentee, her newest friend and a girl who reminded her so much of herself. With the number of days Harlow had been missing multiplying quickly, Natasha took the situation into her own hands. Channeling more of her old self than her new self usually allowed herself to do, Nat went though pools of people who could possibly know anything. Tears and Blood were shed as Natasha finally started to receive some answers. The ones she had been dreaming off.

The group split up into three teams. The one going to the triskelion relied heavily on Natasha who decided to take the lead in dealing with Pierce with Nick by her side. Due to the long period of time that their research had spanned over, Clint had returned home to spend some time with his family. His visit unluckily coinciding with the rescue mission. Tony and Bruce were set as the relief team. While Steve and Sam took the lead on the Helicarrier rescue. Being completely honest, Natasha had no idea if this would give them the chance to rescue Harlow. She wasn't sure if the girl was going to be there. Sadly, she had no clue if Harlow would even want to be saved. Nat had received absolutely no information on Harlow or the 'Slayer'. All of that information seemed to be locked up tightly and not at all up for negotiation.

Steve also aimed to see his childhood friend once again. It was something he didn't bring up often with the others, knowing that their main concerns were the mission and getting Harlow back. And rightfully so. He missed the little 'rug-rag' that would tease him endlessly for being an old man. He missed the little remarks she would shoot at him with a cheeky smile, letting him know she was only kidding and it wasn't personal. Whenever he thought for a little too long or a little too hard about Bucky, sickness would bubble in his stomach. It was an unpleasant feeling that he could never rid himself off.

The teams split up, going to their allocated places as mayhem ensued. Rumlow successfully launched the Insight Helicarriers which were fully equipped with Zola's algorithm that planned to wipe out any and all threats. With Nat holding down the fort at the triskelion, Steve and Sam got to work disabling the Helicarriers algorithm. The Helicarriers were the most dangerous place to be. Not just because they were launched into the sky, but also because it was the location where Hydra were releasing one of their most dangerous and controllable projects.

None other than The Winter Soldier. The Slayer was waiting for their time to shine. They were dressed head to toe in their combat gear. Both of their suits only adding to the scariness of their infamous aliases. The Winter Soldier had his well known metal arm, which was accentuated by the metal armour suit that he always wore. His combat uniform had stayed relatively the same over the years. The Slayer was covered in some of the darkest black materials that existed. The suit was made up of two pieces, the top and the bottom half. Both parts were tailored to have sharp edges to add danger to her look. The Slayers face had a noticeable red gash across the centre of her face, travelling from the start of her right eyebrow and ending on her left cheek. Her nose was visibly swollen and inflamed from the cut, her nose most likely having been broken and reset badly. The smaller half healed cuts and wounds littered across her face were a reminder of the everyday battles she faced. Some of them would never disappear and would instead leave scars. Them forever there to remind Harlow of the torture she got through.

Hydra worked out the way to keep Harlow under their control. Granted it was only for short periods of time. But they could usually get one mission out of her before she could break free. The trick was to make her too vulnerable and too weak to fight against Wanda. If she felt pain all throughout her body, it took Harlow longer to notice the soreness and fuzzy feeling in her head from Wanda's control.

Steve and Sam made it to the Helicarriers after causing quite the scene. Hydra were satisfied with their reactivity, happy that they took the bait. With The Winter Soldier waiting to meet them, Pierce doubted that Captain America would survive it. The Winter Soldier had it officially programmed into his mind that Captain America was his mission. Pierce couldn't risk Bucky remembering Steve and their memories. It would give the man a fighting chance to get free.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam questioned, looking around the spot of them as he noticed many hostile armed groups.

Steve looked at the man briefly. "If they're shooting at you, they're bad." He simply told him, having to move quickly as several Hydra agents fired at the men.

Sam flew off in his suit, manoeuvring to avoid the bullets that were being fired. "Hey, Cap, I found those bad guys you were talking about." He quipped, sarcasm in his tone.

"You okay?"

"I'm not dead yet."

"Alright, Cap, I'm in." Sam notified him, just then another HYDRA jets headed his way and started shooting at him.
"Shit!" Sam cursed, flying out of the way to avoid any hits headed his way. As Sam battled in the air, Steve forced his way into the Hellicarrier in the lower level. Fighting off teams of Hydra Agents that stood no chance against him.

"Eight minutes, Cap." Agent Hill reminded him. Steve nodded his head, taking a quick breath as he started to move that bit faster. He was starting to get nervous and doubtful about the teams original thoughts. So far it seemed like Harlow and Bucky weren't nearby. Meaning they'd be back at square one. "Working on it."

While the boys worked on blocking the algorithm and Helicarriers, Natasha worked on disabling and exposing Hydra. All of Shield and Hydras information would become public, meaning that Hydra would be public knowledge and viewed as they were. Nothing but a group of ambitious, selfish villains. Piece was quick to remind Natasha of her past that would become public with her actions. She knew the risk or better yet the consequences for her, but she was willing to put aside her personal feelings for the greater good. Without Hydra's history and current issues being public, they would continue to get away with their manipulative and cruel ways for centuries.

With Sam and Steve making fast progress, looking in two out of the three Hellicarriers, removing the algorithm chips that instructed the system. Everything was going a little too smoothly for them, minus the bullets, which made the boys wary. While they wanted to appreciate their victories, they were smart enough to realise that Hydra would have a backup plan. Or better yet a twist in the story.

That twist was of course the Hydra controlled soldier. He struggled to have a mind of their own, instead he followed their orders, obeying with a built in loyalty to the evil group. Steve was joking around with Sam, giving himself a second to relax a little. But then his stomach dropped. Bucky had appeared, as if he came out of thin air, and roughly pushed Steve off the edge.

"Steve!"

With Sam having to go and fight off Rumlow and his rallied up agents, Steve was left to face The Winter Soldier head to head. Steve's mind was so complex and confused. While he was so glad to see Bucky again, he couldn't help but feel guilty and saddened by the sight in front of him. Steve knew he would never forgive himself for letting Bucky fall to his so called death, but know knowing her never really died - which would've been the peaceful option - He felt a million times worse. He also felt a bubbling feelining of concern. Not just because thousands of people could die if he failed but also because he still hadn't seen Harlow. He worried The Slayer wasn't really Harlow and instead her body had been disposed of months ago.

As it turned out Steve wouldn't see The Slayer. He was stuck with his biggest weakness, his best friend Bucky. And Nat and Fury were to be entrapped by their biggest soft spots. "Done." Nat noted, a smug smile on her face as she let her eyes viciously glare at Pierce. Reluctantly breaking that eye contact, she glanced at her phone, happy with what she saw. "And it's trending." She added. Her cool act was melting. As time went on, the anticipation for seeing Harlow only builded which ruined any chances she had for an uncaring facade.

With a smirk of his own, Pierce set off the pins that he had previously given to all of the council members, causing it to burn deeply into their sternum effectively killing them. In retaliation, Nat and Nick raise their guns at the man, safety off and ready to fire. With a mischievous glint in his eyes, Pierce looked over to Nat. Looking way too happy considering the situation. "Unless you want two inch hole in your sternum, I'd put that gun down." He told the woman, his eyes dropping to look the pin that she wore. "That was armed the moment you pinned it on." The mans smirk only grew as he watched them lower their guns. He had also managed to subtly press another button in his pockets that called for a much greater weapon than his little pins.

"We've reached three thousand feet. Sat link coming online now. Algorithm deployed."

Pierce looked over at the pair smugly. "We are go to targets."

"Firing in, three, two, one." The man paused, frowning as he saw the systems go offline. Throughout an unpleasant battle with his childhood best friend, Steve managed to get the third chip in it place, shutting down the algorithm and saving thousands of peoples lives. On his demand, the Hellicarriers start open firing at each other, sacrificing himself while he refused to leave Bucky and damaging the ships past useable.

Watching from the window of the tall building Pierce sneered. "What a waste." He remarked looking down his nose at Steve and his work.

Nat scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Are you still on the fence about Rogers' chances?" She sarcastically asked, knowing that the man had stupidly thought he'd win despite everyone that was against him. He had grown cocky, far too cocky.

Pierce stared at the woman, only briefly looking over to Nick. "He will be dead. If not because of the open fire but because of my soldier. He won't disappoint." He retorted, taking a step closer to Nat. "And you guys... well... I guess you'll just have to wait and see."

Natasha's face faltered, immediately understanding what Pierce was alluding to. She looked over to Nick for reassurance. All the anticipation of finally seeing Harlow had built up in Nat's mind making her a bundle of nerves. A ding echoed in the room, signalling the elevator and the arrival of Pierce's security.

First stepping out of the elevator was two Hydra guards, followed by the awaited girl. In Nat's eyes the teenagers movements were slow as she tried to take in what she was seeing. Harlow was deathly pale, no doubt from all of the mistreatment and malnourishment. Her face specifically was littered in cuts and covered in different coloured bruises. Some were deep purples and others were light green ones. From what Nat could see the girl had lost an extreme amount of weight, her wrists looking almost snap able. Nat noticed that while she had a gun and single knife strapped to her thigh, that was all she had on her weapon wise. Her usual swords strapped to her back were no where in sight. Nat immediately put two and two together, realising that Pierce did that to force Harlow to use her powers. Two guards came out of the elevator behind her, having escorted her onto it.

Without so much as a second to actually digest what was going on, Harlow struck pouncing forward with speed, dragging Nat down to the ground. With Harlow and Nat tumbling to the ground, the older woman couldn't find it in herself to hurt the girl. She knew it wasn't really Harlow on the inside but the outside looked exactly like her. And it wasn't as if someone else was in a shell of Harlow. It was Harlow but she just wasn't in control of her actions and decisions. While Nat was struggling with what to do, Nick was busy with trying to stop Pierce from getting away. Not only did the Hydra leader have leverage he also had distractions and soldiers.

He believed he had four loyal Hydra guards that would assist in his escape, but unknown to him, one of them was less than loyal. Agent Kent stood in his gear, helmet and all, with his gun at the ready. The man manoeuvred himself to be next to Nick, making sure Pierce wasn't watching. With Nicks gun getting turned at the man, Joseph didn't get too nervous knowing he was wearing all the protective gear available. "Listen man, when she 'scorches' up she gets freed." He told Nick, raising his helmet only a sliver so Nick could hear him.

Nick examined the man, unsure whether or not to trust him. But in the end he knew it was his only option. Instead of pointing the gun at the Hydra agent, Nick started to aim at Harlow. It was a difficult task considering Nat and the girl were in the middle of a fight. They were no longer in the ground, instead constantly attacking the other with different kicks and punches. Nat managed to get ahold of the girls ankle, ready to flip her to the ground until Nick shouted out to her. "Hold her still!" He instructed, pointing the gun at the girls leg and firing quickly while he had his chance.

Nat flinched at the gunshot. "What the fuck Fury?!" Nat exclaimed, immediately loosing her focus as she tried to figure out what game Nick was playing. In the past, Nick knew that Harlow would have a hard time controlling her powers whenever she got angry. His hopes were to get her so pissed that she'd free herself.

Harlow, who had previously fell to the floor, got back up. Her face was twisted into a deep scowl as she glared at Nick. The girls face was starting to display the same orangey-gold cracks with her eyes flashing to their beautiful orange colour. Nat was intrigued by the sight, having never seen the crackling vein like lines on Harlow face. She didn't get time to appreciate it however as Harlow grabbed her knife from her thigh holster and started to make advances at Nat with it.

"Getting her mad isn't going to help you." Pierce noted, standing with his surrounding guards. "Time to go." He announced, straightening out his jacket.

Nicks eyes hardened as he looked at the man. "I don't think so." He told the man, looking over at Nat as he approached the man ready to stop him. "She needs to Scorch up." He instructed her.

Nat didn't question her orders, appreciating that he was telling her that for a reason. Now, while Fury went for the approach of getting her mad. Nat also knew that Harlow could have troubles keeping it at bay whenever she used her powers. So Nat had to force her to use her powers, risking her own safety in doing so. Natasha got close to Harlow, avoiding the knife until she could grip Harlow's weak wrists. With a tight squeeze, Nat heard the girls wrist pop and the knife clattered too the ground. Trying not to let herself feel too guilty, Nat kicked the knife away, using her forearms to block the girls attacks. When she could, Nat reached down for her thigh and grabbed the gun off the girl. "Whatcha gonna do now?" She rhetorically asked, knowing exactly what it left her with.

A vicious sneer formed in Harlow's face before it broke. A distorted and creepy laugh tumbled from the girls lips as she tilted her head. Suddenly a large circle of fire surrounded the pair, trapping Nat in with Harlow. "Kill you." Harlow replied to Nat's question, her voice having a thicker and make noticeable Russian twang than before.

The fire surrounding them only heated up. Nat looked around as it encircled them, seeing Nick fight off the only guard left standing apart from the mystery one that helped them. Agent Kent was stood holding Pierce tightly with the mans hands behind his back. Nat turned back to look at the girl, narrowly missing her flaming fist that came flying at her face.

The fight continued on like that for what felt like forever. Nat avoiding all of Harlow's hits, her skin blistering from the hot heat surrounding them. With her rage quickly building, Harlow scorched up hand spread from her hand down her arm and through half of her body. Natasha cursed in her head as she waited for the girl to fully scorch up and rid herself of the reins over her brain. It seemed that no matter what Natsha did she couldn't compel the girl to fully scorch up and she was running out of chances. Each hand the girl played got increasingly dangerous.

An idea sparked in Nat's mind and she started to still in her attacks. "I'm not scared of you." Natasha told the girl harshly, staring daggers at her. It was the last idea she had. Yeah fundamentally it was to make the girl raging. Natasha knew that although Harlow didn't believe herself that she was better than anybody, she hated when someone else decided it for her. She had spent years with Hydra telling her she was worthless and a waste of space. It aggravated her beyond belief. Especially considering it was such a naive opinion. A girl with literal energy control and fire abilities was more powerful than any average and beyond average person. "You're just a dumb little girl."

Harlow let out a huff, her mind filling with thoughts of murder and killing as Natasha's words infected her head. "No I'm not." She denied, screwing her hand into a fist as the circle of fire spat, rising up higher and giving Nat no chance to escape it. Nat was taking the same approach that Charlotte did on the day that she died. However, deep down, Harlow felt far more intensely with Natasha saying these words. Her heart hadn't been corrupted by Wanda and in her heart, masked by all of her complex feelings, Harlow knew of the love she had for the woman. So hearing her talk badly, actually caused the girl emotional turmoil. Compared to Charlotte, a woman Harlow hated, Nat's words had endless affects. "Don't say that." Harlow spoke with an unexpected softness. The girls expression screwed up, her eyebrows growing as she looked at Nat.

Natasha paused, shocked by the girls vulnerability. She pondered if getting Harlow to scorch up was the only way to get her free. From the looks of it Harlow could feel her own emotions. Natasha didn't want to hurt Harlow by degrading her, she'd much rather cause the girl sadness from hearing the truth. "You're names Harlow Loughty and you're an Avenger. Even though we haven't known each other that long you're one of my closest friends-"

From Fury's hold, Pierce cackled, listening to Nat ramble. "She remembers all that." He reminded them with a proud smile on his face. "She just doesn't care."

But Harlow did. With Wanda not being there in person, the time spent waiting around and the situation, Harlow felt almost as through she was no longer a passerby in her own mind. The longer she spent in the presence of Nat and Nick, the more control she felt.

Natasha watched as Harlow's expression changed ever so slightly, showing signs of understanding. So she decided to continue, "Harlow you- uh - Jasmine's been missing you like crazy. Finnic's really tried to be there for her but it's just not the same. She spends most of her time with the teddy that you have her. I actually caught her using the perfume that you left at Steve's apartment. She said the smell reminded her of you." Natasha revealed with a hand stretched out, saying anything truthful that came to her mind. "Your boys have been pestering us non stop. Constantly calling us on the phone that you gave them. Finnic talks to them a lot. He's actually in England with them now. Jasmine went with him. I-I think Remus and him really hit it off. They mentioned a girl called Alice who was asking for you. Something about missing you at breakfast." She continued on.

Harlow's face softened, her hard gaze disappearing as all of the people Nat was referring to flashed in her mind. Subconsciously, Harlow let the circle of fire decrease in heat and height. It became less intimidating and threatening as her memories and emotions helped her fight the blockage in her mind.

"I know it's gonna be hard to come back from this." Natasha told Harlow, taking a slow and wary step towards her. "I get that you're going to go through all stages of grief and that's okay. We'll be here for you each step of the way. I promise."

"Shut up!" Pierce yelled, trying to fight against Nick and his hold on him. "Harlow you are a ruthless killing machine. Don't throw it all away again. Don't be a fucking brat!" He exclaimed.

Harlow's eyes jumped between the different people in the room, her eyes filling up with tears causing her vision to go blurry. She noticed the pain in her head, it starting to increase and feel as if it was ripping into two. Harlow couldn't let it happen, she had to finally get rid of the extra presence in her own mind. Natasha started quietly telling Harlow words of reassurance and comfort, all while Pierce yelled at her. Saying all kinds of condescending and hateful things.

Everything got drowned out by the man screams that barely  registered in Harlow's brain. The girl squeezed her eyes shut, her brain feeling lighter as the infection seemed to vanish from her head. With the poison gone, Harlow started to hysterically cry as soon as her eyes locked onto Natasha's. Even though she had been there the whole time, it wasn't really Harlow. It felt as though she was seeing Nat for the first time in years. Emotions flooded Harlow as she struggled to keep up right, immediately tumbling herself into Natasha's open arms. Guilt. Self-hatred. Relief. You name it, she was feeling it.

With her head resting on Nat's shoulder, she finally saw the line of fire that ended with Pierces half seared skin. Nick looked at the girl carefully, pulling his gun out from his pocket. With the man writhing in pain, there was no way for him to set the pin on Natasha on. So he was out of leverage.

"You know, there was a time I would have taken a bullet for you." Nick told the man as he stepped next to his body on the floor. He pointed his gun at the man, a look of upset on Nick's face.

"Hail Hydra." Pierce spat, his voice being interrupted with his own whimpers.

The gunshot rang throughout the room, Harlow's body tending up in Nat's arms. "It gonna be okay." Natasha whispered to the girl, her hand running though the teens hair as she tried to comfort her.

Harlow's body shook violently as she cried, snot started to drip out her nose. "I killed so many people." She admitted in a quiet voice, agony in her tone.

"I know. It's not your fault." Nat replied in an effort to reassure the girl.

Harlow slowly pulled herself back, still I the woman's arms but with space between them. "But I enjoyed it." She whispered, shame laced in her tone.

Those words caused Natasha to gulp, avoiding eye contact with the girl as she brought her back into her chest. Her eyes scanned over Harlow's shoulder, Nick moved so Nat could see him as the pair exchanged wordless communication.

How the fuck were they going to help her?

I am so excited to be out of the Hydra writing part. The trauma from it will still be ongoing obviously but I can't wait to have her interacting with the other characters again, especially her boys.

Love you all so much!! Thank you for reading. AND REMEMBER MY MESSAGES ARE OPEN TO ANYONE WHO NEEDS OF JUST WANTS TO CHAT!!

Tagged for notification: Angella_Limbo L0VEFRMMAR1 randomperson1689 immortalsimp iamconfused__  BaddyMaddy1 helenfragouli22 yuta_kylo adisastrousbisexual BisReichKomme heylos3r eilidh420 marvels_bxtch dinosoarss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 806 14
Harry Potter X Marvel Crossover **Takes place around the time Captain America: Civil War came out. (2016) Does not follow MCU timeline. No characters...
38.4K 933 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...
80 10 12
A tale of trust and friendship threatened by betrayal and secrets. The four gather, with a fifth in their ranks, to fight the evil that oppresses the...
539 28 2
**DISCONTINUED + UNFINISHED** Harry Potter and his family have to deal with the consequences of helping an old friend. Warlocks, knights, witches, dr...