KING

By LucyKiatu

KING KING is a underground lord who is known in many names GRIM REAPER : As many who have seen his face have... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
Chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
CHAPTER 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
CHAPTER 37
chapter 38
writer

chapter 22

5 2 0
By LucyKiatu

KING POV

We have been waiting for long now. Baba had gone in the abounded building to scoop the area. That was a bit far from where we were parking but still visible.

Rema must be sharing the same views with me, because his leg was bouncing repeatedly in an anxious manner.

"Isn't he taking too long". He asks with a strained voice..

"Let's wait a bit, his tracker is still showing him to be here". I answer camly

"Just because the tracker is still on, doesn't mean he is safe". He snaps

I turn to give him a raised brow. He sighs and mutters a "sorry" before turning and focusing on the building.

"He can take care of himself, don't worry".  I assure him.

"Am not worried". He grumbles

I stare at him amusingly but before i could come up with an answer my phone rings.

Staring at phone Baba's name flashed before me.

"Am listening".

"It's has been long, hasn't it?". Peter's voice breaks through the phone.

And i could hear his grin which inturn causes me to tense. I wanted to rip it out of him, myself.

"Is there any reason, i must listen to you". I say with a sense of calmness, i don't feel.

Rema beside me was observing me closely. And with a tensed aura.

He laughs. "Consider this a warning. Donovan..... i left a gift for you. Celebrating our long lasting relationship".

I hang up on him before he could continue, tossing my phone in the car. I speed out and run towards the building.

Rema hot in my heels. He had also sprint the moment i stepped out of the car.

When we neared the building, i leaned aganist the wall. I needed to acess the environment but Rema went straight in causing me to cuss.

I followed behind him. Making sure i have my guard up, i can't let Peter catch me by suprise ever again.

And in the middle of the building, Baba laid unconscious. But no trace of another existence. Atleast conscious existence, because around Baba were more than 10 men unconscious.

Rema immediately run towards him. While i was busy assessing the area, when i was satisfied that we were completely alone i moved towards them.

I started looking for atleast the man who was still alive, while keeping heed of my environment.

With my Gun still held out and my guard up. I could catch up their conversation from where am standing.

"Wake up. Wake up, please wake up". Rema was repeating it like a mantra as he places Baba's head on his lap gently.

Baba coughs eventually making Rema release a relieved sigh.

"Rema?". Baba asks quietly

"Yes......yes am here". Rema answers hastily.

"Good". He says with a low chuckle. "I thought i wouldn't be able to tell you that i love you. Before I die".

"Don't speak. You need to save your energy".

"I love you, Rema". He whispers before closing his eyes.

"Can you carry him, out of here". I say when i finally determined that we are safe. "I'll drive".

"Yeah i can. Baba you better stay alive or I'll kill you myself".  He grumbles as i help him place baba on his back.

I take the only man that was alive. I dragged him by his feet, because there is no way am carrying anyone associated with peter.

I open the trunk of  my car and place him in it.

Rema carries Baba out as i step into the car. Rema places him on the back seat and gets in with him. He keeps speaking to him with hushed tones.

I start the car and connect the call to Can.

"How did it go". He says as soon as he picks up.

"The location was on point". I sigh. "But Baba is hurt.......badly".

"Shit". He curses frantically. "I'll call the doctor".

"Thank you".

The rest of the ride was done in a very high speed. And soon we were using the secret passage into the mansion with Baba on Rema's back.

He was sipping in and out of conscious. The doctor cursed as soon as he saw him.

"Place him on the bed". He commands

Rema quickly obeys and place Baba gently on the bed. But keeps hovering around as the doctor checks him up.

"You are hindering me". Doc finally snaps.

Rema casts her a glare but whatever smart retort he was going to return. Was stopped by Can, who pulls him gently with him by the arm.

"He will wake up soon, if we let the Doc do her job". Can assure him in his gentle voice.

Rema agrees to follow him reluctantly. I use this opportunity to slip out. I take the man from the trunk, who was still unconscious and lock him up in the cell.

When i go back to the secret apartment.  I find it was just in time, cause the doctor was coming out of the room.

"How is he?". Rema is the first to ask as he approaches the doctor.

"He isn't in any critical condition. He was just roughened up, especially on the head. Thankfully nothing serious. He should be able to wake up soon, he will probably sustain a migraine. And his body will hurt like a bitch. But few days of good sleep and antibiotics and he'll be good as new".

Rema physically lets out a breath of relief. And goes into the room.

"Thank you Doc". I adress the doctor

She just grumbles in return. "If you are thankfully reduce the amount of time am called here. I do have a job to do". Turning to Can, she gives him a stern look. "How are you holding up".

"Good enough to actually reduce the amount of time, you'd be needed in the near future". Can answers with a grin.

"Good, for a moment i thought it was you again. I almost panicked". She says with pursed lips. "Why would anyone hit another person to that state. Don't they have a conscious".

I raise my brow at that. "You are dealing with drug dealers. You might want to lower your standard".

"I'll see myself out". She says. "And i mean it, as your doctor.  Take care of yourselves. And for the time being,  keep him away from alcohol". She points in the direction of the room.

"Will do". Can answers.

And when she opens the door to leave. Can and i step inside the room, to find Rema seated beside Baba. Holding his hand. Can gives me a questioning look and i just shrug in return.

"What happened". Can asks

This catches Rema attention but i could tell he was half listening.His major concern was still Baba.

"Baba was scooping the area. Peter called using his phone. The fucker said he left a gift. Then this". I point to Baba.

Can lets out a frustrated sigh. "Am gonna kill that fucker".

"Join the club". Rema says seriously with his eyes still locked on Baba.

"He is going to be ok". I assure him

"He better". Rema answers

The next few hours are spent in silence between us. As we wait for Baba to wake up, and occasionally talking among ourselves.

Can soon goes back to concetrating on the screen. And Baba finally steers on his sleep and wakes up.

I call for Can as i move closer to him.

"Are you ok?. How are you feeling?. Do you feel pain?. Do you know me?". Rema asks as he points to himself.  "What about him do you remember him?".

"Water". Baba says hoarsely

Can gives him water, until he is satisfied. Before returning the glass on the table.

"And yes, i remember you Rema. You are too insane to forget". Baba says with a smile.

"Good, cause I'd bash your head again". Rema says seriously.

"What happened". I ask. "I thought i told not to engage with him alone". I add sternly

Baba turns serious once again. "Honestly i didn't have much of a choice. But from the pictures i have seen of him. Peter was definitely there, as i was snooping around. But they were a lot of them. I have a feeling we interrupted something big. Cause, they had a army right there. And i was spotted by two guys, and i must have made a sound when eliminating them. The next thing i know i was fighting a bunch of trained soldiers. I was able to take down most of them but they outnumbered me". He grins. "I still took down most of them".

This earns a slap from Rema on his chest causing him to wince. "you could have died, you moron". Rema scolds.

"Right,i guess you are rubbing off on me". Baba says in a teasing manner.

"No, he is right. We move as a team, next time you call us first. I don't want another body in my hands". I add sternly.

"Am sorry, but they didn't exactly give me a timeout". Baba retorts.

"Okay". Can waves his hands as if trying to calm all of us. "In the bright side, we were able to finally allocate peter. Caught him by suprise and ruined something for him. I'd call that a win". He turns to look at me." And i believe we have a hostage".

"You believe correctly". I answer

"He still shouldn't fight like that. He almost died". Rema says angrily

"But he didn't. He fought and stayed alive". Can answers immediately but seeing Baba's smile. He gives him a pointed look." Next time shout if you have to or run. But don't engage in a fight alone".

"You didn't carry your gun with you. Did you?". I ask directly at Baba

"No, i didn't".  Baba answers

"Yet i found most of the men shot. Considering, we didn't hear the gunshots. Am assuming they used a silencer". I explain.

"No, mostly i was killing with my hands. And i was more concetrating on handicapping them. Helped me move to the next target easier.  But when i fell, i heard peter saying they'd slow him down. So he ordered them to be shot".

"That bastard. That is sick, even for me". Rema comments.

"That makes sense. The one who survived was only because someone had falled on top of him. I think he also didn't want hostage situations". I counter, things were making sense.

"But Baba said they were plenty of them.  They could easily carry their comrades". Can says with a frown.

I roll my eyes at that. "Seriously, you people have high standards for that fucker. The moment you lower them to zero, nothing will faze you".

We were all silent for a moment. Before Can breaks the silence.  "Ok, this was a tough day for everyone". Giving Baba a sympathetic look. "Especially you. So we should all go rest. Tommorow is another day".

"I am staying". Rema says immediately.

"No, you need rest. And that chair won't suffice. And no, i don't want you in my room". Can says with a frown.

"Too bad, it's my decision". Rema answers with a deep frown.

"No you are not". I interrupt and he glares at me." Baba needs rest, but knowing him he won't sleep a wink with you uncomfortable beside him". He opens his mouth to speak but i interrupt again. "You can see him first thing tomorrow. But if you really care for him, you'll let him rest as per doctor orders".

Changing my tone into a more stern one. "Now out". I command

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

530 0 15
No one ever really wants to die. Not really. Nobody ever thinks they will die either. People walk among the earth believing they are invincible. But...
331 22 3
When no words of help slip past the onlookers mouth, they may as well be silent.
4.7K 156 12
DemonXHuman, ManXMan. Hero is your average boring nobody, and quite content with it if you ask him, until a demon shows up and messes everything up...
15.8K 866 39
*This is the second from the King series* As a racer and an artist, Venera does everything she can to spend her nights forgetting about the past even...