The Boss' Niece (Spencer Reid)

By Mileven03011

Unless you knew Aaron Hotchner personally, you wouldn't know that Cassidy "Cassie" Marlow was his niece. Afte... More

1. Mistake
2. Newest member
3. Tension
4. Urges
5. Slip up
6. Control
7. A choice
8. Drunk...again
9. Feelings
10. Emotions
11. Insight
12. Cool, calm & collected
13. Free
14. Visitor
15. Breaking protocol
16. Exposed
17. Hard case
18. Almost positive ID
19. Evading capture
20. The date
21. The Chameleon
22. Spencer
23. Cassidy
24. Divided
26. A witness
27. Ultimate "betrayal"
28. Checking in
29. Possible lead
30. Casting doubt
31. Leading to the truth
32. Nightmares
33. Admitting the truth
34. Old enemy returns
35. George Foyet
36. The Reaper's identity
37. Targeting the Hotchners
38. Familial harm
39. Permanent damage
40. Welcome home
41. Beating the strain
42. Babysitting duty
43. No longer a Hotchner
44. Pent up anger and energy
45. Surprise
46. Wedding planning and case work
47. The purest nightmare
48. Ending the nightmare
49. Awake
50. "Single" for a night
51. Questions
52. Indefinitely
53. Imaginary monsters
54. Mr. Scratch
55. Suspension lifted
56. True intention
57. The true storm
58. Wrong side of the law
59. On their own
60. Denied
61. Cognitive
62. True unsub
63. Foes of the past/Lead on Scratch
64. In his grasp
65. Not coming back
66. Dr. and Mrs. Reid
67. Back for another case
68. Like father, like son
69. "Undercover"
70. Baby genius
71. Self doubt
72. Watching me
73. Hired for information
74. Claims
75. Proof
76. Baby genius - boy or girl?
77. Reid is down
78. Close call
79. Bye-bye Joanne
80. New home
81. Terrified
82. So close, yet so far
83. Rescue mission
84. For their family
85. Times change
86. EPILOGUE

25. Unique killer/s

1K 13 4
By Mileven03011

The awkwardness radiating from the office would certainly deter anyone from wanting to remain in the bullpen. Yet, much to Cassidy's happiness, at 9:15 AM, workers started sifting through the doors, beginning their day. Morgan was the first BAU member to enter the bullpen, a smile plastered on his face as soon as he saw Cassidy working at her desk. She had been there for a while, so seeing a friendly face enter the bullpen was making her happy.

Soon enough, Spencer, JJ, Penelope and Emily had exited the elevator. The moment Cassidy saw Spencer, she stood up and walked over to him, placing a kiss on his lips before returning to her desk.

"Morning. Sorry I wasn't there when you woke up." She apologised to Spencer, who shrugged his shoulders.

"It's fine, Cassidy. We all know how urgent Hotch's meetings can be." Spencer laughed as the team sat at their desks, Penelope walking off to her lair of knowledge.

"Spencer, you can call me Cassie. I don't mind." She smiled. They had confessed their love for each other and they had started living together. She didn't mind now that Spencer could call her Cassie. Spencer nodded, understanding.

"So, Cassidy, how exactly did you and pretty boy meet?" Morgan rolled his chair over to Cassidy, who rolled her eyes.

"That, Morgan, is privileged information, and you'll only get the answer to that question when you, yourself, have a partner." Cassidy shrugged Morgan off, smirking.

"What? Seriously? In order for me to know one simple thing, I have to get myself a girlfriend?!" Morgan scoffed, looking over at Spencer.

"C'mon, pretty boy. Tell me how you and Cassidy met. Please?" Morgan rolled over to Spencer, practically begging.

"Nope. You heard my beautiful girlfriend. We're not telling you anything." Spencer shook his head, Morgan groaning.

Emily and JJ looked at Cassidy with intrigued looks on their faces. Cassidy scribbled something onto a piece of paper and scrunched it up, throwing it to the two.

I'll tell you two later. Let Penelope know.

Morgan read the note, his face dropping.

"How on earth is that fair? They get to know and I don't?" Morgan groaned as he went back to his desk, a look of determination on his face.

"Conference room, now." Hotch announced as he exited his office and headed straight for the conference room. The team laughed when Rossi entered the bullpen, late - as always.

"The Kyles, Dennis and Lacy were murdered an hour ago in their suburban Atlanta home." Penelope announced as everyone sat down in their seats. She put some images on the screen.

"An hour ago?" Cassidy looked up at the screen, confused.

"Police were on scene unusually fast." Penelope explained, sitting down.

"Why?" Morgan questioned, leaning back.

"One of the unsubs called them and told them that the other was about to murder the victims. From inside the house." Penelope explained, her eyes widening.

"You're kidding." Rossi gasped.

"According to the dispatcher, the first male sounded terrified and begged them to get there before the other, who they both identified as Raphael, was about to kill the sinners that lived there." Penelope looked down at her tablet, reading the police report.

"Sinners?" Emily furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"The 9-1-1 centre is going to send Garcia a copy of the tape." Hotch announced as Penelope nodded.

"How fast was the police response time?" Spencer asked, reading further down the report.

"4 minutes, 26 seconds. During which time...Raphael managed to do this." Penelope showed images of the dead bodies up on the screen, keeping her eyes on the team.

"In 4 and 1/2 minutes?" JJ looked at Penelope shocked. Penelope nodded, seeming impressed.

"Mr. Kyle is a dot com millionaire. His company is one of the largest employers in the community. There's gonna be media coverage." Rossi informed as he looked at some of the information on the couple that Penelope had sent.

"Also, when they arrived, the police found this displayed prominently on the bed." Penelope put up a picture of the couple's bedroom. There was a bible open, with a specific passage highlighted.

"Revelations chapter 6, verse 8." Spencer looked at the specific passage, mumbling to himself. He knew exactly what the verse was, considering he had read the entire bible and due to his eidetic memory, he could recite any and all verses from any part of the book.

"They're killing sinners. These guys are on a mission." Spencer revealed, everyone exhaling.

"And mission-based killers will not stop killing." Hotch shook his head.

———

The team had gotten onto the plane. Spencer and Cassidy sat next to each other, Emily and JJ sitting across from them. Hotch and Rossi sat nearby. Morgan sat with girls in order to try and catch any information that Spencer and Cassidy might have told Emily and JJ about their relationship. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful.

"This is a bad one, isn't it?" Morgan rolled his eyes as Hotch answered Penelope's video call, watching as her face popped up onto the screen.

"Unsubs with a cause are never good." Cassidy shook her head.

"Pets, I just got the 9-1-1 call from the Georgia state police." Penelope exhaled before she played the recording, everyone getting ready to listen.

"9-1-1, what's your emergency?" The operator asked.

"I'm at 1527 chestnut drive." A frightened voice spoke, clearly scared by something. The voice was whispering.

"I know where you're calling from, sir. What's the emergency?" The operator asked, confused.

"He thinks they're too greedy. They have too much." The frightened voice spoke, their breathing shaky.

"Too much what?" The operator asked.

"Stuff, you know, possessions. Things they don't need. Hurry!" The frightened voice begged.

"You're calling because these people have too much stuff?" The operator almost scoffed in disbelief.

"No, I'm calling because Raphael-" Before the frightened voice could continue, another voice, a more stern and angry voice spoke.

"That's enough." The stern voice spoke.

"I know why he's calling, because Raphael is going to kill the sinners that live here." The stern voice spoke.

"I'm sorry, did you say someone is going to kill somebody?" The operator asked before the call went dead.

"Well, unsub one definitely sounds frightened." Cassidy exhaled, concerned.

"Maybe he's doing this against his will." Emily looked at Penelope.

"I doubt it. He whispered." Morgan shook his head.

"He could have called out to save them instead of calling 9-1-1." JJ suggested.

"Not if he had a gun to his head." Spencer moved in his seat.

"If he had a gun to his head, why would he have dialled 9-1-1?" Rossi asked, confused.

"The second unsub said Raphael was going to kill someone." Hotch reminded the team.

"Is there a third?" JJ asked.

"Referring to oneself in the third person is not uncommon for an unsub. Ted Bundy gave thoroughly detailed accounts of his murders, but he never actually admitted to doing it. He would just say, "the killer." Spencer informed the team.

"Okay, so I'm gonna go ahead and the name Raphael through the Georgia criminal databases as well as our own." Penelope started typing.

"Thanks, Garcia." Hotch nodded.

"Ever so welcome, my liege." Penelope smiled before hanging up, her face disappearing from the screen.

"We have a killing team on a mission in rural Georgia. We know what that means." Hotch looked at the team.

"They're not gonna stop until the mission's complete." Cassidy crossed her arms.

"We need to hit the ground running. JJ, We need an inside picture of the victims. Victimology can be critically important in a mission-based spree." Hotch looked at JJ, who nodded.

"Already on it." She smiled.

"Prentiss, go where the bodies are. Examine the wounds. They managed to kill 2 victims in 4 and 1/2 minutes." Hotch looked at Emily, who smiled.

"You got it." She nodded her head.

"We need to know how. Cassidy, you and Rossi are gonna set up at the Atlanta field office and go over case files from the state. It would be highly unusual for a first kill to be this efficient." Hotch informed.

"Reid, you and Morgan, come with me to the crime scene. We land in less than an hour." Hotch nodded before everyone went back to their normal travelling activities.

Cassidy looked between Hotch and Spencer, wondering if Hotch purposefully separated her and Spencer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.1K 816 18
Disclaimer!!! This is a Fanfiction based on the hit TV series Criminal minds. I do not own the characters featured in the show or anything to do with...
117K 792 20
Just Criminal minds One-Shots/Imagines that I came up with while sleep-deprived (which is about 95% of my life right now) :) I take requests and my...
63.3K 974 85
⚠️tw⚠️ mental health issue's such as sh, depression, Ed and suicide... y/n garcia penelope's sister has been with the bau for 1 year. she's a very pr...
59.6K 1K 19
spencer reid fan fiction. spencer reid meets a girl, who is the complete opposite of him. but also, exactly like him. gianna beckett, seems to have s...