As The Music Dies

By Laughingwolf78

Katsuki Bakugo is a 25 year old year old musician in a rising band, playing both drums and guitar, tho his mu... More

1. Alone
2. A Friend of Pinky's
3. Just a Passing Glance
4. No Escape
5. It's a Start
6. The Look
7. Hesitant
8. Understanding
9. Missed Chance
10. Mixed Signals
11. Talking it Through
12. The First
13. Figuring Things Out
14. A quick Stop
15. Unconventional Date
16. Early Mornings
17. Number 1. Fan
18. Closer
19. Flames
20. Refusal
21. Old Friend
22. Force to be Reckoned With
23. It's Been a Long Day
24. Unwanted
25. Rough Night
26. Unease
27. Ex Idiots
28. Underestimated
29. No Holding Back
30. Desire
31. Soft Moments
32. Bad Timing
33. Calming the Storms
35. Missin' You
36. The Hits Keep on Comin'
37. Back
38. Break
39. Surprised
40. Amazing
41. Just Kacchan
42. Double Rescue
43. The Show
44. Too Soon?
45. Heavy Night
46. Breakdowns
47. Pep Talks
48. Unexpected
49. Socks
50. Amazing Musician
51. New Beginnings

34. Relief

4.2K 189 37
By Laughingwolf78

It' actually took less than five minutes for Katsuki's phone to ring again with a still rattled sounding nervous voice on the other end.

Took the blonde half a ring to answer that nervous voice on the line also.

"That was quick.", the blonde says with a slight smile even though everything at the moment feels heavy.

There's a slightly nervous laugh that sounds worn out from crying.

" I know, I just.. I just wanted to get this sorted as soon as possible because I don't want you having the wrong idea and I know that you do, I saw it on your face and.. those text messages were....

Katsuki doesn't let him finish.

" Wrong. Those text messages were wrong of me to send like that when I was angry. I mean yeah, I got trust issues and you know that but you haven't given me a reason to blow up at you and I shouldn't have sounded so God damn angry at you. Hate to admit when the extras are right but they kept telling me not to blow your phone up and I shouldn't have before you had a chance to explain. I just fucking panicked I guess."

Izuku sighs on the other end grabbing his mug of tea and curling up in his bed as he talks to the blonde.

" I don't really blame you for panicking though. Or being upset. I mean the night I saw Sora in the ally with you I was really upset immediately because I didn't like how it looked, I wasn't sure what to think in the moment and that's why I punched him."

Katsuki smirks at the memory as he lays down.

" Punched him then full on roundhouse kicked that bastard into next mouth like a hot as fuck badass ninja."

He hears a sheepish laugh that always causes a heart skip.

" Well yeah, I may have left that last part out."

Katsuki smiles.

" Not sure why you would, that was my favorite part beside what it lead to afterwards.", he says dropping his tone almost unaware of it as the heated memory dances in his mind.

Izuku bites his bottom lip at the thought pulling his knees up to his chest missing the blonde even more now. Before he can say anything the musician clears his throat.

" Damn, yeah ... anyway we're getting off topic here. First are you alright? Have you calmed down?"

Izuku sighs unsure how to answer. He's calmed down a little yes but he's still upset and nervous that this could go bad if Katsuki overthinks everything, especially at a distance.

" I'm a bit calmer because we're talking, but I'm not going to say I'm perfectly alright because I'm not. Tonight was emotional enough with you leaving but it took a turn for the worst when Shoto showed up right at the end. I know you were furious and what you must have thought at first but Kacchan please believe me when I tell you that I had nothing to do with it, I swear to you. I .. I didn't want to see him when it ended and I.. I definitely don't want to see him now.", he says breaking into tears again at the end.

The sound hurts Katsuki immediately surprising him. He's never been overly emotional but something about Izuku brings a wash of feelings he wasn't sure he was capable of.

" Hey shh...calm down for me. Turn your camera on for a minute Deku."

He hears the sound of sniffles as the greenett speaks.

" No, I really don't want you seeing me all puffy eyed, red nose crying like a baby. I'm a mess and you might actually break up with me right now if I show you."

Katsuki actually chuckles at this.

" I've seen you cry. I saw it tonight before I left and I gotta say if it didn't make my damn heart ache so much I'd actually think it was cute as fuck like everything else you do. Turn your camera on Deku, if we can't be face to face this is the closest thing we got."

There's a slight sigh and sniffle, the ruffling of blankets and then puffy red from tears green eyes come into view on the screen.

Even if Katsuki didn't want to, even if he had been pissed the fuck off he would have smiled, he wouldn't be able to help it and he's not able to help it right now when he sees sheepish eyes, flushed from crying freckles and his own oversized sweatshirt on his boyfriend that has created sweater paws that are currently trying to wipe tears he's trying to hide.

" I knew it. Cute as fuck. If I had cute aggression I'd be throwing this phone right now.", he smirks seeing the greenett smile with a light laugh.

" You're just saying that because you obviously have trouble seeing clearly. I'll let you borrow my glasses next time."

The blonde laughs at their usual back and forth banter.

" I'm saying it cause it's true mouthy nerd. Oi, look at me Deku."

He watches gorgeous green eyes shift upward meeting his gaze on the screen finally.

" First, I believe you when you tell me you didn't know that bastard was coming. That takes a lot for me to say because of the situations I've been through but after I calmed the fuck down and thought it all through I trust what you say. Second, what did he say to you after I left and did he hurt you in any way, because if the answer to that is yes I'm getting off this damn bus right now."

The greenett smiles at the concern over him and it makes him care even deeper for the blonde he knows he's falling for head over heels.

" I'm so relieved you said you believe me. Kacchan you seriously have no idea how happy that makes me. And no he didn't hurt me though I sort of want to tell you yes if that means you'll come back.", he smiles fully finally.

Katsuki smirks.

" Yeah but I'd be in jail by morning for beating his ass so its probably a good thing you said no. What did he want?"

Izuku shrugs taking a sip from his tea feeling a little better now.

" I don't know honestly. He says he found out where I worked from people back home who followed my social media since I have him blocked and since he was passing through he thought he'd stop to say hello. I have no idea what would make him think I'd want to see him since I moved so I wouldn't have to."

The blonde nods.

" I thought he had a girlfriend or some shit? Was she with him?"

Izuku shakes his head.

" No, he says it didn't work out or something. I don't know, I didn't ask why and I really don't care. I have no idea why he showed or what he wants."

Katsuki feels his stomach tighten at his own words while a rough scowl forms on his features as he speaks.

" He wants you. His shitty relationship didn't work out and now he realizes what he had. He wants you back and he's not fucking getting you. You're mine now, I saw his loss immediately and made it my gain and I'll be quick to let him know that if he shows up again. I don't share, he can fuck off and I look forward to telling him that myself."

Green eyes go slightly wide as Izuku feels his heart flutter at the claim just laid out on him by this blonde bombshell who had been hesitant about starting this relationship at first but now seemed hell bent to keep it in place. His expression must be showing because he suddenly sees a raised blonde brow and a questioning call to him.

" You alright over there? You got all quiet."

Izuku snaps back to reality giving the blonde a smile with a blush.

" I'm very alright. I .. I didn't really know you felt that way about me or at least not that strongly."

The blonde holds his gaze through the screen for a few minutes. Honestly he didn't know he felt that deeply till recently either, but when that candy cane looking shit showed up tonight threatening to take what he had finally found after he was sure he never would again, he knew his feelings were beging to take deep roots.

Katsuki gives a slow smile that holds his own dust of blush on his cheeks.

" Well.... now that you do know that, you ... alright with it?"

That smile on fair features spreads .

" Ok with it? Kacchan I'm having a really hard time not hopping in your car and chasing your bus down. That's the best thing I've heard all night rock star."

The blonde chuckles eyes shifting down then back a small move that causes butterflies in the greenett.

" I don't think I'd complain about that."

Izuku smiles but Katsuki can see the stress and exhaustion from the nights events.

The blonde let's out a deep sigh feeling it himself as he leans back on his headboard.

" Been a fucked up night huh? Me leaving wasn't bad enough I guess."

The greenett lays down on his pillows, pulling his blanket up.

" Yeah it's been rough for sure but as long as I know you believe me I'm ok. Worst part of tonight was the way you looked at me when you didn't understand because I knew, I knew how bad it hurt you in that moment, I saw it and it was right after you told me to wait for you. I couldn't imagine what you thought but I felt the pain in your eyes and.. and .. ", he breaks into a sob once again.

The blonde has wide eyes feeling waves of emotion crash against him at this male who hadn't been upset for himself but for him instead. He sits back up quickly.

" Deku.. hey.. shh baby, take a breath, and what?"

Izuku muffles the tears that want to come heavier as he wipes his eyes.

" And I just.. I never want to be the reason that your eyes look like that."

There may not be pain in Katsuki's eyes but there are now tears in them.

" Shit Izuku. Damn... you.. you know how to make me feel some kind of way you know that? That was an amazing thing for you to say, you might not even realize how much that meant to me. I never felt comfortable saying shit like this but.. with you things are different so... thank you Deku for being different."

There's tears in green eyes again and a blonde with a raised brow.

" That wasn't supposed to make you cry! What do I keep telling you about those pretty eyes huh?"

Izuku laughs through tears feeling like his heart might explode with how much he's feeling tonight

" Good tears this time Kacchan. I'm just really happy we found each other and that you gave us a chance."

The blonde smiles.

" Yeah, me too. You ok now baby?"

There's a soft smile as Izuku closes his eyes with a content sigh.

" Yes, and... I like when you call me baby"

Katsuki smirks winking when he sees green eyes open again.

" I like that you are my baby. Listen to me, all sappy and shit. No one would ever believe it."

Izuku laughs.

" One of those many talents I have, getting hot, cold hearted musicians to go all lovey dovy soft for me with my nerdish charm and black belt ninja skills."

Katsuki breaks into a loud laugh that makes the greenett smile wide at the sound.

" Yeah well its definitely working for you, but if you tell anyone I'll deny the fuck out of it.", he says as crimson eyes hold onto emerald green with a smile in them.

Izuku giggles with sleepiness in the tone as he lays there.

" It'll be our secret rock star, promise."

There's just a beat of silence before the blonde ask another question as he settles himself in bed.

" You ok now?"

The greenett nods.

" Yes, as long as we are. And just so you know Kacchan so that there's no doubt, I told Shoto to stay away from me, that I didn't want anything to do with him."

Katsuki feels a swell of relief in his lungs that finally allow him to breath.

" I'm happy to hear that, really happy but Deku if that fuck shows up again or harass' you in any way, you be sure to let me know right away, I don't want you to keep anything from me and believe me I'll find a way to take care of it no matter where the fuck I am."

Izuku smiles feeling a sense of calm at the blondes protection over him.

" I will, I promise."

They're both quite for a minute both sets of eyes taking in the other. Green ones are sleepy, struggling to stay open, the look makes the blonde ache to pull him close.

" I wish I was there to hold you.", he says almost unaware the thought slipped from his lips.

His boyfriend smiles again snuggling down into the blanket feeling sleep begging to come.

" Me too. You have no idea."

Katsuki sighs as he watches the screen

" I have a pretty good idea nerd, trust me. And just so you know Izuku, that look you saw in my eyes tonight were just ghost of the past, that are now nothing but shadows."

Izuku opens his eyes quickly feeling his heart skip in his chest. He sighs touching the screen with the tip of his finger.

" It's gonna be a long four months Kacchan."

He watches the blonde copy his action placing his finger on the greenett's on the screen.

" I know Deku, I know."

A/N

My babies.

Our tale continues, stay tuned ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 149 9
Izuku Midoriya lost his hearing as a kid, when he and his parents had unfortunately got into a car incident. And that car accident, ended up turning...
13.5K 920 8
Katsuki Bakugo is a devil, not just any devil but the lead one himself. He's tall, handsome, charismatic and evil when he needs to be. He's come to e...
27K 1.5K 16
Last Year things got complicated for Katsuki Bakugo when at a Christmas party he kissed his childhood friend Izuku Midoriya under the mistletoe. It w...
137K 4K 58
♥︎♡♥︎♡ Izuku Midoriya's world comes crumbling down. He's all alone in a world with no one to care for him. He ends up in the streets. When he disap...