Being Good Enough

By Chrisismyfav

The older you get you the more you realize that in relationships things like looks, and background aren't as... More

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
*Note*
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 29

4.1K 315 135
By Chrisismyfav

Khadijahs POV

Instead of going to class I went to the girls bathroom. I just want to be away from everyone. In the bathroom I was disappointed that there was another girl in there. Ignoring her, I went straight to one of the mirrors to inspect myself. My eyes were kinda red and it was obvious that I was crying.

I soaked a paper towel in water and dabbed in on my closed eyes thinking it'll help. I jumped when the girl started talking.

"That ain't gonna help. Put some cucumbers on that shit," Her loud voice boomed.

I took the towel off my eyes and looked at the girl. Her black hair was covering her face with messy curls. She was dressed in a black North Face, tan pants, and she had on Timbalands. Her skin was a perfect caramel color. She was really pretty. She leaned against the wall with her iPhone 6 in her hand, looking at me.

"Yeah because I totally carry cucumbers with me to school," I replied sarcastically. I'm upset and this random girl isn't making me feel better.

"Don't cop a fucking attitude, bitch. I was tryna be nice," The girl snarled.

There was a heater by the window and thats where I sat down. I sighed and threw the stupid paper towel in the garbage. "Sorry. I'm just having a bad day," I apologized.

The girl sat down next to me. "You good. So what you crying for?"

"Me and my boyfriend-well its ex now- broke up."

"What happened?"

"Its kinda a long story," I said.

"So you not gon' tell me?"

"Alright fine. Wait, what grade are you in?"

"11th."

"Are you new? I haven't see you before."

"I been going here for like 2 weeks if still consider that new. But anyways tell the story," She urged.

"Okay so my ex is Chris-"

"Brown?" She interjected with her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah. You seem surprised," I stated. Of course she wouldn't expect me to be with him.

"Ya just seem real different, thats all."

"A lot of people think that," I rolled my eyes, "but anyways yeah i'm talking about Brown. So basically he started ignoring me. We got into an argument and now we're done," I said sniffling a little.

"I thought it was a long story?"

"I gave you the shortened version."

"Well I want all the details."

I switched my postion so I was sitting criss-cross applesauce.

"Okay so Chris lives up the street from me and thats how I met him. We've been dating for like 2 months-"

"But wasn't there a big ass deal a few days ago about ya dating?" she interuptted.

"Yeah, but we've dating on low for a while," I explained.

"Wasting your time on a nigga that ain't claimin' you? Couldn't be me," she shook her head.

I ignored her annoying comment and kept talking, "There were some prob- well actually there were a lot of problems but I really liked him so we always got back together."

"Big problems?"

"Well, one time he got mad and chocked me," I subconsiously rubbed my neck as I spoke. "Another time he cheated on me. And he said some stuff about how I embarrass him or whatever."

"If you embarrass him then why is he even with you?"

I shrugged my shoulders pathetically. I always thought my relationship with Chris wasn't the best but hearing all the things he did to me aloud made me realize how unhealthy it really was.

"Why you stayed? Dick too bomb?" She laughed.

Me and her laughed about it for a few seconds before the laughter died down.

"He's really nice and-"

"Forreal? He did all that shit and you think hes nice?" She asked.

For whatever reason I felt like I had to defend Chris. "He is nice! Besides all that stuff he was really sweet to me."

That was a huge lie. I can't even remember all the times Chris had made me upset. But still I didn't want this girl that it was all bad.

"Is he your first boyfriend?" The girl inquired.

"Yeah," I answered, a little flushed. Its embarrasing that i'm 17 and have only had one boyfriend.

"I can tell. You seem real attached even though he ain't shit," She said. She pulled her phone out, read something, rolled her eyes, and shoved it back in her pocket. "So why you and Chris broke up forreal? I know theres more then just him ignoring you."

My back slumped as I felt myself get sad all over again.

"Me and him had sex. And after it, he started ignoring me and stuff. We got into an argument this morning and basically he slept with me because it was a bet. He got money for it," I mumbled.

The girls eyes widened and I saw the familiar look of pity.

"Damn," was all she said.

"Yeah. And he's not even sorry. He doesn't even care!" I croaked out.

You know how when you might cry you get that weird feeling in your throat and its hard to talk? That was happening to me now. I took a random folder off the floor and started fanning myself to prevent anymore tears.

The girl scoffed. "Girl, don't do all that."

"Do what?"

"Sit here and cry and be upset. Don't worry about a nigga that ain't worried about you," she exclaimed, hopping off the heater.

That was so true. I know for a fact that Chris isn't crying over me. What am I doing crying over him then?

I jumped off the heater and followed the girl outside into the hallway.

"Thats such good advice," I said, seriously.

"Right? It would save girls a lot of time to just stop crying and move the fuck on."

I hadn't realized how long we were talking in the bathroom. Homeroom had finished and we were 10 minutes late to first period.

"Whats your name?" I asked. I realized that I still didn't know who she was.

"Its Kiana," she replied.

"Who do you have now?"

"Mr. Lee."

We approached Mr. Lees classroom. Kiana said bye and went in. I tried to walk away but Mr. Lee called me inside the class.

I stood at the doorway. Of course Chris was sitting at the seat that was closest to the door. He was staring at me and it was making me uncomfortable but I tried my best to not let it show.

"Kiana, why are you late?" Mr. Lee asked.

"I don't know," She shrugged, walking to her seat.

"And Khadijah, you're absent," he pointed to the computer screen. "Did you not go to class?"

"I went to the bathroom," I said.

"For 20 minutes?"

"Mhm," I replied. I wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying. I was focused on Chris burning holes into me.

"Get to class," Mr. Lee ordered.

I spun around but I didn't leave the class just yet.

"Do you need something?" I asked Chris.

"Nope," he responded putting emphasize on the 'p'.

"Okay then, stop fucking staring at me," I spat.

There was a lot of attitude in my walk as I left. I'm not sure where this new confidence came from. I don't know if its from Kiana or just from my hatred of Chris. But honestly, I like it. I've always been quiet and hidden my thoughts and opinions. I usually just go along with whatever.

Not anymore though.

------
Hey everyone! I really can't believe that this story is almost at 8k reads. I remember when I had only 9 chapters and 50 reads lol I really appreciate all the votes, comments, and followers. Thank you for supporting this book! -Khadijah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.6K 23
" But if I don’t make it home tonight Tell my mama that I love her Leave some flowers for my brother Girl I love ya But if I don’t make it home tonig...
121K 4K 34
Amara keeps her mind on business at all times. But as Odell Beckham's new manager, it's her job. With Odell being the flirtatious and cocky man he is...
214K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
7.2K 190 19
After the tragic loss of his cousin Pauly, Lorenzo is uprooted from his home in the Bronx, NY to the Westside of Atlanta Georgia where his mom has a...