Dropping The Crown

By MavelineBelle

"Stay away from my son or you'll regret you ever became a maid here." Meet Adani. A beautiful woman, despera... More

Greetings
Chapter 1: Hell At Home
Chapter 2: What Changed?
Chapter 3: What Lies Beneath
Chapter 4: Stuck In The Middle
Chapter 5: Not Alone
Chapter 6: A Friend In Need
Chapter 7: Back In Time
Chapter 8: Confronted
Chapter 9: Riddance
Chapter 10: Everyone Has A Story
Chapter 11: Truth
Chapter 12: At The Starting Line
Chapter 13: The Mother
Chapter 14: For Your Information
Chapter 15: Commands
Chapter 16: Full House
Chapter 17: Rich People Drama
Chapter 18: Penelope
Chapter 19: Outside
Chapter 20: Caution Signs
Chapter 21: Party Woos
Chapter 22: Dress Up
Chapter 23: Territorial
Chapter 24: Adjustment
Chapter 25: Friends
Chapter 26: Touch Of Class
Chapter 27: Atmosphere
Chapter 28: Do We Have A Problem?
Chapter 29: The Drama Is Never Ending
Chapter 30: Shattered
Chapter 31: Walk The Walk
Chapter 32: Blown Away
Chapter 33: Exhale To Inhale
Chapter 34: Weathering Night
Chapter 35: The Influencer
Chapter 36: Step Up
Chapter 37: We Jammin'
Chapter 38: Bliss
Chapter 39: Peace And Pieces
Chapter 40: Over It
Chapter 41: Gala Storm
Chapter 42: Don't Throw It All Away
Chapter 43: You And I
Chapter 44: Last Straw
Chapter 45: Hell Wouldn't Freezeth
Chapter 46: Old Friend
Chapter 47: Up Close And Personal
Chapter 48: Without A Doubt
Chapter 49: Webs Of The Past
Chapter 50: No Family Like This
Chapter 51: Acceptance
Chapter 52: The Sister
Chapter 53: Another One?
Chapter 54: Freaky Deaky
Chapter 55: Point Made
Chapter 56: Let's Make Up
Chapter 57: Talk Your Shit!
Chapter 58: Traps
Chapter 59: Hot And Cold Hearts
Chapter 60: Weathering The Storm
Chapter 61: Nobody's Burden
Chapter 62: Blameworthy
Chapter 63: Why You Don't Like Me
Chapter 64: Different Directions
Chapter 65: Let's Share
Chapter 66: Son-Shine
Chapter 67: Unbreakable
Chapter 69: All Of You
Chapter 70: Lion King
DROPPING THE CROWN (Book 2)

Chapter 68: The Day Cometh

2.4K 138 44
By MavelineBelle

Adani's POV

Butterflies were forming in the pit of my stomach as it sink in.

I was going to be a mom and my mom was the first I called to tell her the wonderful news. She became more ecstatic than I was and insisted I get enough rest and vitamins.

Returning back home, Ricardo led me upstairs with the utmost care.

"Sweetie, I'm not dying. I'm only having a baby," I protested when he arranged the pillows on the bed and put my feet on top of one for elevation.

"I know that you're not dying but Dr. Patel said you should get some rest today and you have a new diet to follow. Is there anything you need from the kitchen?"

"A glass of water and an apple will do for now," I answered.

"Coming right up. I'll inform Beth on the changes," he responded. He kissed me before leaving for the kitchen.

I smiled to myself as I reached for my handbag and pulled out my cellphone.

"Hi Rockett," I greeted when she answered.

"Darling, how are you?"

"I'm fine. I'm calling about the dress. Can I still have it?" I asked. Rockett gasped.

"Is the wedding going to happen this time?" she asked.

"Yes," I confidently answered.

"I have it delivered immediately."

"Thank you."

I hung up just as Ricardo came back into the room.

"Have you told anyone about the baby?" I asked him.

"No. Not yet. Should I start making some calls?"

"No no. Let's make the announcement at the wedding. Our wedding. As we planned. I told mom to keep the news to herself."

"Baby, you do realize that that would be three days away, right?"

"Can you make it happen?" I asked.

"For you, I'll move the world."

He made several phone calls to the wedding planner who immediately accepted the task and her generous payment.

~

An hour later, the dress arrived in a neatly packaged box. Ricardo bought it up to the bedroom.

"Adani, you should be in bed," he alarmed when he noticed me up and combing my hair.

"An I also have to be active or else the baby would be lazy," I said back.

"Haha. This package came for you," he said and handed me the luxurious looking box tied in a bow. I glanced inside and my eyes already fell in love with what I saw.

"Please leave the room," I said to Ricardo with a smile.

"Can I see what's in it?" he asked.

"No. You cannot. Not yet," I said.

"Okay, mama," he said and we laughed at the teasing, "I'll be in my office." He kissed me before leaving the room and I forgot about braiding my hair and giving the package my full attention.

I striped and stood in front of the long body mirror with the dress against me.

"Lord, I'm praying, don't let me already be gaining weight." I stepped into the dress and did the zipper as best I could have making certain it could have gone all the way up.

"Perfect fit," I squealed with excitement. I took in the details. Every gem and pearl were secured. The sowing was neatly done and the dress complimented my body. I peered into the box again when I noticed there was a smaller package with a card attached to it

'I hope this isn't too forward but I saw this in a boutique and it screamed your name. -Rockett'

I opened it and saw a sexy lingerie.

"Ah, Rockett. If I wasn't already pregnant, it was bound to happen in this," I said to myself.

Taking a deep breath, I managed to get out of it without a hitch and secured it away from prying eyes in my closet.

I didn't believe in those superficial phrases as 'It's bad luck to see the dress before the wedding' but I wasn't going to take any chances.

~
The next day, everyone's invitations were delivered to them and the wedding planner found the time to still ask for my input on the cake, decorations and flowers.

~
The Wedding Day

It came faster than I anticipated but I was ready to marry the man I was in love with.

Mom, Adonna, Mavielle and the professional makeup artist surrounded me in the bedroom.

"Go for a natural look. She's beautiful as is so you don't need to cake on that foundation," Adonna said to the makeup artist.

"Leave her be. She's a professional and Adani knows what she wants," Mavielle inputted.

"How are you feeling, Adani?" mom asked next.

"I'm nervous but excited," I described.

The chattering went on until the makeup application was done and my hair was styled.

"You're ready," mom said. I stood up from the chair I've been in for over an hour and looked at reflection.

"You're so beautiful," Adonna said.

"Indeed," mom agreed.

"Most beautiful bride I've seen," Mavielle complimented.

"Don't make me cry now," I told them.

~

We were in the limousine for the hour long drive, heading towards the beachside location where I knew the groom was already awaiting my arrival.

Reaching there, I got into the elevator and went upwards. I stepped out and took in the beautiful scenery around me. Instead of having the wedding on the beach, it was being held by a very large pool in a  hotel, overlooking the sea.

The aisle itself was enough but the decorations were just as I pictured.

"Beautiful," a voice said behind me. I turned and noticed Tim was standing there.

"Thank you," I replied.

"Adani, I may not be worthy enough but it would hurt me if I didn't ask to walk you down the aisle," he said with hopeful eyes.

"Mom is already going to walk me," I told him.

"I understand."

"Why don't we both, if Adani's okay with that, I'm willing to put aside our differences for today," mom told him.

They looked at me now.

"Sure," I said. He was still my father.

"Congratulations. I must say, you do make a beautiful bride," another voice came. I didn't have to look in her direction to know it was her.

"Corrine, I promise you, if you as so much as sneeze too loudly, your ass is going to be underneath the water, do you understand me?" my mom told her.

"I wouldn't ruin anyone's day. I know how to conduct myself," she replied then slithered away to her seat.

In a matter of minutes, the music began and everyone stood up and looked back at the tinted door I was able to see out of.

Little Ricci stood next to his father with the rings. Derick was Ricardo's batman and several loyal employees stood behind Derick as groom's men.

Adonna was my maid of honor. Because of her, I was able to realize my strengths. Mavielle, Rockett and Dr. Milan were my bridesmaids.

I took a deep breath, exhaled slowly and my smile came on naturally as the doors opened and I stepped out.

"Beautiful. Oh my God, I love the dress," people complimented softly as I walked on by. 

Ricardo's eyes watered with admiration as he looked at me. He held his hand out as I stood on the opposite side of him.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," I mouthed back.

The officiant began as everyone took their seats again. Then it was time for the vows.

"Adani, you mean everything and more to me. The day we met, I wasn't expecting you to make such an impact and change in my life but you did. Your smile is my motivation and your words are my strength. Not having you around is a nightmare so I promise I'll love you, I'll be there for you, I'll commit to you and only you and I will be the best husband I can be. I love you," Ricardo vowed and inserted my wedding band.

"Ricardo, you saved me, physically, mentally and emotionally. You're the most generous and kindest person I've ever met. Honest, kind, considerate and loving. I'm so blessed to have found you and I'm dare not going to let you go. I will be a honest, trustworthy, compassion and loving partner because I love you," I vowed and inserted his band onto his finger.

"And if anyone is against this beautiful couple getting married, speak now or forever hold you peace and tongue," the officiant said.

Ricardo and I looked towards his mother who was silent as a lamb.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you Mr and Mrs. Ricardo Parriston. You may kiss your bride!"

Our lips met and cheers and applaused rung out from the on-lookers. They congratulated us as we headed into the wedding reception hall for the feast.

Songs played and people danced and laughed and mingled with each other. Mrs. Parriston was all smiles when she walked up to Ricardo and me.

"Speaking from an honest part of me, I want to say congratulations and I wish you nothing but happiness," she said.

"Thank you, Mrs. Parriston," I said.

"I think I'm going to go back to my maiden name. You're the one and only Mrs. Parriston," she said again. She winked at us and disappeared from our view.

"Toast! Toast! Toast!" a chant sounded as Adonna stood up with a glass. Everyone's attention on her.

"As the maid of honor, I want to say that I'm happy to see my best friend and my sister happy as well. I know what it feels like to be disappointed and hurt by someone but when you find your smile again and your heart wants to love again, you went for it and you found it. I wish you and your husband the greatest life, health and happiness. I love you sis," Adonna announced.

I stood up from where I was sitting and pulled her into an embrace as tears of happiness filled my eyes.

"Thank you and I love you too," I replied.

The mic was handed over to Ricardo. He took my hand to join his side.

"My wife and I have an announcement," he said.

"We're Pregnant!" we said at the same time and more cheers erupted than ever before.

"Yes! I'm going to be a big brother," little Ricci said with joy and hugged his dad and I around our legs.

~
After the bride-and-groom dances and the cutting of the cake and the flutes of champagne, the event winded down to an end.

Ricardo and I took our leave to the surprise honeymoon he had in store for us.

_______________________

A/N

The book ends at Chapter 70
(2 chapters remaining)

The image below is how I pictured the aisle and the decorations. (I don't have or own the rights to this image.
It's for viewing purposes only to help you my readers paint the picture of the wedding in this chapter)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 10.5K 35
Let's say your about to marry the man of your dreams, but you're mother in law hates you, threatens your unborn child, and no one - not even your fia...
4.4K 98 25
On his death bed my father had one wish, or two in my perspective. First that i try to live a peaceful life, one he couldn't ever dream of. Second t...
2.1K 191 29
❝I called and texted but you never responded, you didn't care about me and how I felt when you left. I was in pain and you weren't there❞, my words q...
12.7K 1.3K 27
She was pushed in this swamp by her own family and by her lover .... Every man who came in brothel wants her On other side .. A young bachalor ha...