The Devils Of Harvard

By AidinWhite

{Book #2 of The Devils Series} Nathanial Winters' move to Boston for university, states away from his family... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three
Chapter Seventy Four
Chapter Seventy Five
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy Eight

Chapter Seventy Six

74 6 0
By AidinWhite

Nathan and I walked slowly out of the hospital mostly due to the amount of people that had filed in since our arrival, but also the expression on his face held more emotion then I think he's ever had in any negative fashion. I was completely unaware that he ever could be affected by loss as deeply as this. I didn't doubt that he could I'd simply never seen it like this in my whole life.

As the doors slipped open with a slight pressurized swish I looked over at Nathan as rain began to fall over Seattle for the second day in a row. Each droplet falling covering more and more of the once dry sidewalks around the hospital.

"I'll go get the car" Nathan says casting me a weak smile before walking away towards where I'd parked the car after I handed him the fob.

Watching him walk through the thickening rain I could see his back slightly tighter then normal, and despite his confident stature he was using it to hide just how he felt, and I could tell that Scarlett not recognizing him had put weight on him that remained unspoken and undiscussed.

Through the haze the lights on the front of the Audi lit up orange along the blinker before the whole headlight turned white and my boyfriends silhouette slipped into the car soon followed by the engine starting.

Prime example of how the world viewed Nathan, rich heir but wouldn't give two shits about how he dealt with it all.

Nathan then pulled the car up to the curb and stopped letting me slip inside and pull the door shut quickly before drying the spots with water on the leather and carbon.

He then drove around the parking lot and out onto the Seattle streets that were just as wet as the hospital area. The buildings reflected the grey stormy sky along with blurred in places where the rain had trickled down close together making ripple patterns on the glass.

"Do you mind if we go for a drive before going home, I want to explain Scarlett and I's story and why I didn't reintroduce myself to her, or even try anything other then saying I knew the boys" Nathan says looking over at me and then shoulder checking to get over into the neighboring lane.

"Not at all, I'll sit and listen" I say giving him a reassuring smile that he returned, "take your time".

Nathan then let out a sigh before rounding the corner and speeding off towards the roads out towards the Sound, and the secluded roads leading out to the private homes that were waterfront all the way around the waters edge.

"So when I was really young, me, my sisters, and Scarlett all knew one another and well Scarlett and I often spent time together simply because my parents were close. My dad helped get Kennith and Danielle's business up and going since both were from very humble beginnings and were starting from beneath square one in the business world, they were both just out of school accountants" Nathan began.

"Then when I was about ten Carrick De'Vincent attempted to kill my dad, but the Louviere driver was a little more hasty that night and so the Louviere car got hit and Scarlett got a shard to the head, and some slight memory loss. Her and I were then separated for sevenish years until last year when we met, and I always could remember features of her, along with the name sounding familiar. The glass shard scar confirmed it, we then got closer because I didn't want her and I to be at odds with one another and it was fairly nice, it was both of our round two for relationships so I took it slow with her wanting her to know that I was able to be relaxed and would never force anything with her, everything was just supposed to flow".

We stopped at a light and Nathan let out a sigh. "After prom and a big manhunt for Carrick De'Vincent she asked me to come to Central Park where she broke up with me saying she couldn't handle being with someone while also being so far away from me at Yale. Accepting that we separated, and I missed her tremendously; but slowly I moved away I allowed myself to think that if it was supposed to stay that way it would, and it did". He then looked at me before the light changed and he drove off again.

"Just before Harvard she came to my parents house and I got to see her once more before university would start for us all, including the boys and our siblings. All that I'd done to make sure I got over her stayed, I'd been preparing myself before obviously to get ready for university but I'd never have put her off like how I did that day in the library. Since then I've tried to show I harboured no bad feelings, at the same time I just let life run it's course, you can't force love and that was how I fell for you. Suddenly Scarlett Louviere was a friend but never would be anything more again".

Nathan's voice cracked and he remained silent for a few moments.

"That's also why it hurts, because this is the third time I've lost my childhood friend, and as much as I'd like to still see her, I want to see her move on and not be a part of my life. She deserves that much after missing four months of her life, and completely losing memory of me. The look I gave to the boys were to tell them I didn't want any of them to tell her that I was Scarlett's ex boyfriend in her last year of high school. I want her to move on without being another victim of knowing the Winters Family. People get hurt in this family and I know that she acts strong but that girl deserves better then pain, I have no petty thought towards her, I wish her the best in her recovery" he finalizes before pressing his lips together and focusing on the road while I took in the information he'd just told me.

By the time I had mentally organized it we were out of the city and along a country road where I began looking out for pull offs.

"Mind pulling over here" I say gesturing to a spot ahead of us and he nodded before slowing down and gliding into the pull off before stopping.

Getting out I then walked around the car opened Nathan's door before kneeling down and wrapping my arms around him while he silently did the same back.

"You may not think you need this, but you do. Just know I will always be here to listen to your problems and issues, even if one day they are about me. I'm going to be here for you Nathan, just like you're here for me" I say and I feel him smile into my shoulder.

"Thank you Arilynn, also you should know that I love you, and though you weren't the first girl I dated, I wish for you to be the last no matter how hard that work is" Nathan says and I lift my head from his shoulder to look into his eyes, and lean forward to give him a soft kiss.

"I love you too Nathan" I whisper.

"I know, and I appreciate that you do even with all of my flaws and shit in my life".

"That's part of the reason that I love you so much, because those things make you human, they make you perfectly you" I say and this time its him that blushes lightly.

"You're amazing miss Hamilton, also we're in the middle of a pull off and so we should probably head back to Seattle before that rain storm comes and dumps on us here".

Letting go I rounded the car and got back in as Nathan sped off back towards Seattle and the storm that I knew he could get through in about five minutes. Considering he was doing well into the seventy mile an hour range.

As we reentered the city Nathan took the fastest route back to Escala where upon arriving a few luxury cars were all parked near the entrance and their occupants got out.

Getting into the garage the R8 was swiftly returned to its spot and parked before both of us got out and went up to the penthouse.

I then watch Nathan pull out his phone and answer it, using his shoulder and chin to hold the device still as he pressed the button for the very top floor.

"Harrington" he breathes into the phone glancing over at me, and giving him a shrug.

"Yes, I am home... just in the elevator going up to my penthouse... tell the front counter that you may be let up" Nathan says before nodding to something that Lucian said.

"Alright, see you in a moment".

Pocketing his phone he looked over at me as the elevator slowed and the doors opened allowing us to remove our shoes and walk into our living room where somehow our tea was still moderately warm.

Crossing the room both of us sat down practically at the same second that the other elevator opened and our friends walked out minus Scarlett.

"Nathan" Derek says seeming reserved and unsure about where Nathan was headspace wise.

"Derek" my boyfriend exhales lifting his mug to his lips.

"Why did you say that you just knew all of us but weren't a part of Scarlett's life?" he asks slowly while pressing his lips together.

"Because she deserves better then to be associated with me. Knowing me and my family has only led to negative things in her life. I don't want her to know anything of me, that her and I dated, that twice now her father has tried to kill me and my family resulting in her being hurt. It's over now and it should stay that way. Scarlett deserves better then the bullshit of knowing the Winters Family" Nathan says before taking another sip from his cup.

"Even if she doesn't know you" Derek says furrowing his brow.

"Absolutely" Nathan replies forming a relaxed fist with his left hand as he looked towards Seattle.

The room was silent as everyone exchanged looks except for Nathan who had a soft pained smile on his lips.

 "If that's what you think is best that's what we'll do" Lucian says pushing his glasses up his nose.

"Thank you" Nathan says before giving us all a look. "And one more thing, she can never know that she lost her memories of me, tell her the truth about everything else except me".

Everyone nodded, and with one final look back to the city I realized that as much as we were lying to someone it was the better option compared to exposing Scarlett to that much pain all over again.

Update completed, I hope you all like it, comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Forever Bound By Sar

Teen Fiction

6K 89 40
Book Two of Three. Skylar and Blake have been dating almost 6 months. They have always been close friends, and that hasn't stopped. If anything, it's...
17.3K 341 17
It has been a year since Nathan discovered that Scarlett isn't his daughter and Kimberly was, once again, pregnant. Nathan, Tom and Kelsey have alwa...
369 20 32
Melodious Lightening had it all the money, the fame, and the fans. But when her newfound faith is put into the spotlight, and she has to choose betwe...
158 3 36
[EDITING] Book 2 in the Trust me -series Kathryn Summers doesn't trust guys anymore. Not after getting hurt by Mikey Coldwell, the boy she loved and...