Courting

fayes534 द्वारा

*NOT MY ART* This story follows Neteyam and Ao'nung in their meeting in the movie (nothing else is canon). A... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Lo'ak and Tsireya)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
A/N
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 *smut*
A/N
Chapter 34
A/N bc i can
Writing Update?
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
A/N
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Lo'ak and Tsireya)
Chapter 45
CONCLUSION - PLEASE READ
New story!
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Chapter 15 (Lo'ak and Tsireya pt.2)

764 30 8
fayes534 द्वारा

(LITERALLY KMS BC I HAD THIS WRITTEN AND IT WAS 1500 WORDS AND IT GOT LOST SO THIS IS LATE SORRY. ITS NOT AS GOOD AS IT WAS BECAUSE IT GOT DELETED AND I CANT REPLICATE IT EXACTLY IM SORRY)

Later that morning, Neteyam and Kiri joined Lo'ak to head towards the beach for their days training. On the way, Neteyam and Lo'ak argued over who was the better ilu rider. While the brothers argued the same points over and over, Kiri walked next to them. Her ears twitched constantly and her eyes were darting everywhere. She was constantly observing everything, listening to everything. She wasn't a bad rider herself, but seemed to just care less. Lo'ak didn't care much if Neteyam was actually better, but he couldn't actually let Neteyam hear that. As they approached the shoreline and bickered more, they heard a voice behind them.

"You're both wrong, as long as I'm included in the rankings." Ao'nung said, grinning at them. Neteyam punched the Metkayina boy softly in objection, laughing. Lo'ak noticed his brother's face darken in a blush. Next to Ao'nung, Rotxo feigned a scoff of indignation.

"You mean to say you think you're better than me?" he placed a hand on his chest in mock disbelief. This time it was Kiri's turn to blush, but she didn't laugh like Neteyam, but her teeth gleamed white as she cracked a smile.

"Yes yes, you're all very impressive and talented, perhaps you can fight over who is the better at drowning." Tsireya said, rolling her eyes. She stood with her arms crossed a smile on her face. The two Metkayina boys chuckled and stood next to her, Neteyam staying next to Lo'ak.

"Since Tuk isn't here today, I thought we should do individual work. You are all at different stages in different things, so it will be easier to make sure everyone is learning something." Tsireya explained. "Ao'nung will take Neteyam," the two boys stepped forward, meeting with arms circling the other's back. Lo'ak had to look away "Rotxo and Kiri will go together," Rotxo's eyes widened for a moment, and Kiri grinned at him as his face darkened "and I will go with Lo'ak." Tsireya finished, now looking at him. Lo'ak wondered if she was thinking of that morning, trying to read her gaze. Ao'nung began pulling Neteyam towards the Ilu pen, as Rotxo and Kiri walked in lockstep out into the reef, towards the rock flat jutting out into the water. Tsireya turned and walked along the shoreline. Lo'ak realised she expected him to follow and began walking behind her.

Tsireya kept walking, and Lo'ak became confused. Where were they going? She had passed the Ilu's, and they were passing the rock flat. Lo'ak veered to the right to walk onto it, but Tsireya just kept walking. Moving back to be behind her, Lo'ak continued tracing her steps. Not consciously, Lo'ak stepped into the indentations her feet left into the sand as she walked. Coming up to a rock face rising out of the sand a short way back from the sand, Tsireya stopped finally at the tree line, where the forest met the sloping rock rising from the ground. She stood with her back to him, facing into the trees. Approaching her and standing beside her, Lo'ak gazed at the greenery too. When she didn't offer any explanation, Lo'ak prompted

"Soo..." still Tsireya said nothing. "Why are we here, what are you doing?" Lo'ak asked, seeing Tsireya's eyes were closed.

"Listening." Her voice was quiet. Lo'ak instantly froze next to her. He knew what she was going to say, and he knew how he would react. He couldn't do this. Turning, Lo'ak began to walk... somewhere, away. He was hindered by a soft but firm grip on his wrist, surprised by the strength of the arm that held him back completely. Finally turning to look at him, Tsireya said "No, Lo'ak, stay. Please." Her voice didn't crack, but it was so full of emotion Lo'ak could feel it washing over him. He didn't try to pull away again. "You have been ripped from your home, and lost every rank you had. The work you put in growing up means nothing here. That hurts you, I know it does. Your father is a great warrior, his reputation precedes him," Lo'ak rolled his eyes, but she ignored it "but you are not him. You listen to the world around you, you don't try and change the environment to fit you, something your father struggles with." Her voice stayed quiet but firm. Lo'ak ignored her slight on his father, knowing she wasn't lying. 

"My father has always said depending on others who you don't know-" Lo'ak tried, but was cut off.

"You are not someone who can keep their emotions hidden, you shouldn't. But it isn't a weakness!" She seemed desperate as Lo'ak shook his head. "You need Neteyam, and Kiri, and Tuk. I have only seen you act yourself around them and me. You need Neteyam to argue with, knowing he will stay by your side in the next moment. Kiri keeps you grounded, and Tuk needs you just the same as you need her. Needing people isn't weak. You, are not weak." She seemed to sense Lo'ak about to object, as he was certain that needing people was definitely a weakness.

"You need them, I need you-" suddenly all her breath left at once, as if she surprised herself, not meaning to say that.

You... what?" Lo'ak was taken aback.

"I just meant..." Tsireya didn't seem to know what she meant, unable to explain anything.

"You need me?" Lo'ak asked, not believing the words. He slowly stepped closer, resting his arms lightly behind her back. Tsireya seemed to steel her will, and breathed deeply.

"Ever since you arrived here, I have relied on you to be there everyday. Ao'nung has been obsessed with your brother and caught up in his training with father, he doesn't have time for me anymore. I can't talk with anyone anymore. Since we have become close and began our lessons in the morning, I get to show you the ways I was raised learning, the ways of my people. I have been able to be with you how I haven't been for so long, and when you look at me like... that," she tilted her head, indicating the look Lo'ak felt in his eyes "I feel seen, like someone cares. It makes me feel like you can see a part of me I haven't seen of you, and this morning," Lo'ak shuddered slightly at the near-breakdown she had witnessed "I saw you standing so still, but when you became troubled, I wanted to help you, to see that part of you. I can't see you if you don't tell me what's troubling you." She finished, resting her head on Lo'ak's chest, nothing more to say. Lo'ak moved a hand under her chin and tilted it upwards, looking at the eyes glittering like diamonds. He caught a tear just above her lip with his finger, wiping it off her face.

"Let me tell you about that part of me." Lo'ak told her, and Tsireya nodded slightly. "At home, I could be on my Ikran, or hunting with Neteyam, sitting at the top of my tree." Tsireya smiled at the mention of the tree Lo'ak had claimed as his when he was a boy. "I could listen, close my eyes, and hear Eywa. I heard her in the birds calling to each other, and I could name every single one. The trees whispering was so clear against the rush of waterfalls in the distance. This morning, I tried. I tried so hard, to listen. But I can't hear her. I don't know what animals are breaking the sticks in the trees, I don't know what the ocean sounds like against the sand compared to a waterfall." Lo'ak felt a tear hit his chest and realised he was crying, and now could  feel hot streaks falling from his eyes. "The Sky People won't leave us here, they won't let us live out happily. I'm scared, Tsireya. I don't want to die somewhere I can't hear Eywa before I go." He looked at her, and saw she was crying too. He regretted every single thing he had ever said that made her anything but happy. He couldn't stop the tears that filled her eyes, turning them into shiny gems.

He continued, deciding against everything his dad had ever told him. "You help me feel that was again, like I belong." Lo'ak told her, feeling her arms rest on his shoulders. "Not just teaching me how to belong in the village, you," Lo'ak stopped for a second, unsure what word described exactly what she did "You listen to me, you look at me like I matter." He didn't know what else to say, and waited, scared to find out where taking down his guard would get him.

"Lo'ak," Tsireya raised her arms and held Lo'ak's, bringing it in front of her. They both watched their hands as she interlocked their fingers. Looking back up at him she continued "You do matter. To your siblings, to your parents, to me." She closed her hand around his. "Close your eyes." Lo'ak did so after Tsireya closed her own. "I can't promise your safety, I can't promise you will ever feel at home here. But," her hands slipped under his shoulders and linked behind his back, resting her head on his chest "I can promise I will be here, and Eywa hears you. She will always listen for you, and you will find her again." Lo'ak felt wet ears on his chest and realised Tsireya was still crying, and then that he also had tears on his face still. Resting his hands on the sides of Tsireya's head, Lo'ak moved her chin up to look at her face again. She meant it, and Lo'ak believed her.

"As long as you are here, I will always feel as safe as I can be." Lo'ak told her, his eyes moving down her face. Tsireya's eyes did the same, and Lo'ak was sure he invented the next thing she said, because there was no way...

"Can I kiss you?" She asked, her eyes on his lips, then flicking back to his eyes. She lost her breath whenever she saw them, glowing gold like the sun on the water. Lo'ak blinked, and moved his hand to her face. She felt him drag it down from her left eye, and then her right.

"You're beautiful when you cry, but I can't stand seeing you hurt." Lo'ak told her, and Tsireya didn't know what to make of it. Before she had the chance to look confused, Lo'ak brought his head down to hers, and kissed her. His hands moved from the side of her head to below her waist, raising her off the ground. She tightened her arms over his shoulders, and linked her legs behind him too. Her hair was moving as one of his hands moved upward to stroke through the mass of it that fell out of her braids. She felt his braids tickling her hands and he lifted her up. His lips were soft, and though neither of them had done this before, it felt right. They couldn't feel the inexperience between them, only the understanding. Pulling away slightly, Tsireya felt in his hair for the hair-tie she made him. Pulling it loose, she held it between them.

"You know what this pattern represents?" She asked him, stretching the band slightly. Lo'ak shook his head, lips slightly swollen. Tsireya smiled softly at his expression of confusion and slight annoyance at the interruption. "It means the Mother watches you." Lo'ak's face immediately rested again, and he squeezed her tighter to him.

"It's so perfect. Just like you." Lo'ak told her, gently pressing his mouth to hers again. This time she did not pull away.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

12.4K 228 51
Social media and written AU with the characters of the movie Avatar: The Way of Water in college. Built around love, old relationships, and friendshi...
46.8K 1.4K 21
"you're my pearl tsireya" the sullys: Jake, Neytiri, Neteyam, Kiri Lo'ak and his twin sister Kaiyana, and finally Tuk, find refuge in the Metkayina...
594 37 12
*ALL ART IS DONE BY ME UNLESS INDICATED OTHERWISE* *I have to change the cover photo cuz I don't have my art on my phone* I have not a clue where I'm...
6.6K 455 13
When her father is captured, Nîryni must travel with her best friend but upon meeting a certain Metkayina girl, they both start to see each other as...